Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The West Memphis 3

Re: The West Memphis 3

Just been watching paradise lost 2: revelations.
    So interesting but i got to part 18 on youtube & bloody youtube has removed the sound for the rest of the parts!
    This is so frustrating  :x Does anyone have any links to where i can watch the rest?

From what i've seen i don't think the wm3 killed those boys.
    I'm not sure who i'd point the finger at, yes byers is a weirdo but that doesn't make him a killer. He does seem very agressive though 

The bit where byers wife (i think it was her anyway) said she'd bite & eat the skin off the wm3's face made me shiver! Especially when the profiler brought up the fact that one of the boys had a bite on his face & if he was the police that would indicate a mother  :|

There is so much information out there about this, i have only just found out about this case. Does anyone have anymore info about what's going on now?
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

[quote author=lulupop link=topic=27210.msg1733823#msg1733823 date=1286717731]
    Just been watching paradise lost 2: revelations.
    So interesting but i got to part 18 on youtube & bloody youtube has removed the sound for the rest of the parts!
    This is so frustrating  :x Does anyone have any links to where i can watch the rest?

From what i've seen i don't think the wm3 killed those boys.
    I'm not sure who i'd point the finger at, yes byers is a weirdo but that doesn't make him a killer. He does seem very agressive though 

The bit where byers wife (i think it was her anyway) said she'd bite & eat the skin off the wm3's face made me shiver! Especially when the profiler brought up the fact that one of the boys had a bite on his face & if he was the police that would indicate a mother  :|

There is so much information out there about this, i have only just found out about this case. Does anyone have anymore info about what's going on now?
    [/quote]

Despite all the media/celebrity attention, and evidence that at the very least raises reasonable doubt, the WM3 continue to be denied another trial.  I feel these kids were/are totally innocent and the way they were railroaded is atrocious and the fact that new evidence is given no credence shows the level people in power will go to even when they are in the wrong. 

[quote author=letstrythisagain link=topic=27210.msg1733270#msg1733270 date=1286618142]
    I thought he was involved too... If he wasn't, he definitely enjoyed being in the spotlight and playing mindgames with the media.
    [/quote]

The last time I saw Byers interviewed, he was all for proclaiming the innocence of the three. Somehow, he had a change of heart and was rallying with the WM3 supporters.

I've been following this case for years.  The courts couldn't prove anything in this, aside from a half-assed "confession" which was more coerced than anything.  Any reasonably intelligent person who read or heard the confession wouldn't have bought it for a moment.  This was all about getting a quick arrest and wrapping up this case quickly. They threw the book at these kids because even the members of the jury in that backwoods town would have rather side with the police than with three goth Metallica fans.

Damien Echols was a troubled teenager, yeah, but most highly intelligent kids are "troubled."  Doesn't make him a killer.  He's a guy I would have been friends with.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=27210.msg1733829#msg1733829 date=1286718465]
    The last time I saw Byers interviewed, he was all for proclaiming the innocence of the three. Somehow, he had a change of heart and was rallying with the WM3 supporters.

I've been following this case for years.  The courts couldn't prove anything in this, aside from a half-assed "confession" which was more coerced than anything.  Any reasonably intelligent person who read or heard the confession wouldn't have bought it for a moment.  This was all about getting a quick arrest and wrapping up this case quickly. They threw the book at these kids because even the members of the jury in that backwoods town would have rather side with the police than with three goth Metallica fans.

Damien Echols was a troubled teenager, yeah, but most highly intelligent kids are "troubled."  Doesn't make him a killer.  He's a guy I would have been friends with.

[/quote]

Me too!

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=27210.msg1733829#msg1733829 date=1286718465]

[/quote]

Yep, I read about Buyer's switching sides... I think he's just an outright nutter, and Damien reminds me of my own son, creative, intelligent and into the goth/metal scene, I can't imagine being a teenager who likes to shun conformity being raised in a hick, bible bashing town like that.

I've been sucked back into this case because I'm reading Devil's Knot.

I've been looking on the net for updates, this is from November and it appears the WM3 are going to get a new hearing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...110402532.html
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

It's weird you posted today Tarren, i'm just re watching Paradise lost 2. I just forgot how shocking the crappy evidence is :/

Is the devils knot a good read?

It is but it's so annoying to read too. Mainly because the police investigation was so fucked up and it's making me mad.
    It's full of holes and I feel so bad for Damien, Jessie and Jason and I'm less than 200 pages into it. But it's very interesting and goes into quite a lot of detail.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

I found my blood boiling watching the documentary, so i imagine the book is just as bad! Who would your first guess be to who committed the murders? For me Byers would be a good bet, he is a complete mental! It seems very sus that he had his teeth removed- he has conflicting stories for everything!

I was just reading about these guys on websleuths the other day. I had to stop. They are intense over there. The denture guy seems very suspicious to me. Oddly enough, he publicly believes WM3 to be not guilty. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I still found that surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I was just reading about these guys on websleuths the other day. I had to stop. They are intense over there. The denture guy seems very suspicious to me. Oddly enough, he publicly believes WM3 to be not guilty. I know it doesn't mean anything, but I still found that surprising.
    The people at websleuths totally ruin everything. They are the worst internet detectives ever. They treat every case like it's a Scooby Doo episode and so the killer might be ANY HUMAN EVER THAT WALKED BY IN THE BACK, and use that to violate the fuck out of people's privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    The people at websleuths totally ruin everything. They are the worst internet detectives ever. They treat every case like it's a Scooby Doo episode and so the killer might be ANY HUMAN EVER THAT WALKED BY IN THE BACK, and use that to violate the fuck out of people's privacy.

That doesn't surprise me. They write pages and pages of text on those message boards discussing court docs and various book sources. Aside from the retired people, I wonder where they find the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

If anyone is interested:

Indie horror novelist Drew Stepek will be auctioning an autographed copy of his gold medal winning novel “Knuckle Supper” (review here) to raise money for the defense fund of Damien Echols (who is on death row), Jason Baldwin, and Jessie Misskelley, Jr.— also known as the West Memphis Three — who were convicted for murdering three elementary school children in 1994. Since the horrific crimes, DNA from the crime scene and victims was tested by Bode, the country's most trusted crime lab, and none of it matches these three unjustly imprisoned men. For three weeks starting December 5th, Judge David Laser will be holding an evidentiary hearing for the three men to review all post conviction evidence.
    Here:

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/451...3-defense-fund

for the article and here:

http://www.skeletonkeyauctions.com/a...Supper&id=1803

for the auction. Perhaps eBay would have been a better site? First time I've ever heard of skeletonkey auctions.

Gutted the rest of this thread is lost. Was a happy moment when they were freed and all the cool photos.

Dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

ID Discovery channel
    Sep 25, 9:00 pm
    (60 minutes)
    48 Hours on ID
    The West Memphis 3 - Free
    TV-14 (V)

After being jailed for 18 years, three men convicted for the horrific murders of three eight year old boys in West Memphis, AK were suddenly freed in a rare legal maneuver. Damien Echols who was sentenced to death speaks to Erin Moriarty.
    Its not easy to hide all this damage inside ~ Aaron Lewis

Did anyone watch the newest Paradise movie that premiered on HBO last night about their release from prison?

Its so bittersweet

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Did anyone watch the newest Paradise movie that premiered on HBO last night about their release from prison?

Its so bittersweet
    I tried to DVR it and it got kicked out of the queue because J has every episode ever of "Pass Time" set to record too. I'll have to search and see when they're playing it again.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

I hate that they keep showing those dead boys over and over
    It was good, i think you'll like it, but it was pretty long

I hate that they keep showing those dead boys over and over
    It was good, i think you'll like it, but it was pretty long
    I think it's good they do. Because in the long run, this case had six victims whose lives were stolen. And three of them will probably never see justice done.

i know, i agree.
    I was just eating Taco Bell last night when they showed it and it killed it for me.

I think its interesting how they ended the documentary with the New Metallica songs.
    It kind of brought things full circle which was neat

damn you double post
    Last edited by HockeyGirl; 01-13-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Its so bittersweet
    crap I didn't even know they were airing it. do you know when it will be on next.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    crap I didn't even know they were airing it. do you know when it will be on next.
    http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/par...ory/index.html

They might have a schedule somewhere on there..

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

i know, i agree.
    I was just eating Taco Bell last night when they showed it and it killed it for me.

I think its interesting how they ended the documentary with the New Metallica songs.
    It kind of brought things full circle which was neat
    Must be super depressing to hear how shitty they have gotten.

Thread Information