Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The West Memphis 3

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    These kids either need to change their name, or start making music.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    These kids either need to change their name, or start making music.
    I think I'd rather leave the music to Eddie Vedder. I think Damien has written a book and Jason is going to attend law school. Not sure what Miskelly is going to do. Last I heard no one even knew where he was.

It makes me sad how much of this thread was lost in the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    It makes me sad how much of this thread was lost in the crash.
    Ugh, this. Soul Pictorials was my and losing all that emotion made me bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Damiens book was excellent. I read it in two days. Cases like these are one of the major reasons I'm against death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by carnee View Post
    Damiens book was excellent. I read it in two days. Cases like these are one of the major reasons I'm against death penalty.
    They were convicted as children though, I am pretty sure that the death penalty doesn't exist for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    They were convicted as children though, I am pretty sure that the death penalty doesn't exist for kids.
    No, Damien was considered the ring leader and definitely received the death penalty for the crime. I think he was 16 and tried as an adult because the murders were so horrific. I'm not positive. I'd look it up, but I have a lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    No, Damien was considered the ring leader and definitely received the death penalty for the crime. I think he was 16 and tried as an adult because the murders were so horrific. I'm not positive. I'd look it up, but I have a lazy.
    Damien was already 18 when he was arrested and did receive the death penalty.

Wait...what!?! Someone died over this!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Wait...what!?! Someone died over this!?
    Do you mean one of the WM3? If so, no.

Quote Originally Posted by death.becomes.her8701 View Post
    Do you mean one of the WM3? If so, no.
    Oh, OK. (whew)

There is so much sadness in this case. Three boys dead, three teenagers railroaded and family members of all six destroyed.
    HBO saved these guys. The only reason why anyone outside of Arkansas knows about this case is because HBO got the trial on film. What a fucking comedy of errors that shit was!
    West of Memphis is worth seeing and gives a different perspective on why the WM3 were tried for the crime. There is also a feature film in production called Devil's Knot which is based on the book by Marla Levritt. Reese Witherspoon is playing Pam Hobbs, the mother of Stevie Branch (one of the murdered kids). Pam Hobbs was also married to Terry Hobbs and he is the man whose DNA was found at the murder scene.

First of all, I apologize for assuming you didn't know everything about this case, but I am perplexed by your opinions?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    I know all about him. The Memphis 3. The fight to get them released. The celebrities and other powers-that-be that rallied for him, for them. I don't, personally, find him any less creepy now, then he was back then. They took a plea, in which they could still proclaim they were innocent, but admitted that the prosecutors had enough evidence to convict them. It was a no-contest plea. Do I believe they were innocent? No. Do I believe there was reasonable doubt so that they deserved to have their sentence commuted? Yes.
    The confession was the biggest piece of evidence against them, and I came to believe that was coerced. The physical evidence pointed to someone else being the perpetrator. Just a sad case, all around. Someone got away with three horrific murders.
    Poppy, I have the god given right to my own opinion......mine. I'm not suggesting you make it yours. And yes, I DO know about that case. I followed it when it happened. I read the first book written on the crime. I followed the appeals through the years. I read the book West Memphis 3. I watched all of the documentaries. So, I take a little exception to the fact that because you don't agree with my opinion, you say "then you don't know anything about that case!" And if I'm not 100% certain, in my mind, about ANYTHING in that case, that doesn't mean I'm uneducated on the subject. And if you read what I further said on the subject, I made it clear that I thought someone else was the perpetrator. So, what's the problem?
    These four bold-ed viewpoints don't seem to jibe, and I'd love to discuss if you're willing? I have a very personal interest in this case, and sort of know it inside out, so I was intrigued by your comments?

There is no evidence against the WM3 in this case! None whatsoever linking them to the crime, the crime scene, the timeline etc. Plus they ALL had alibi's, which were kept out of the Police Report, and never documented, or investigated! And the only evidence to date, links Terry Hobbs to the crime, through DNA, witness testimony (testifying that Terry Hobbs saw the 3 boys at 6.30pm that day), the pocket knife of Stevie Branch found in Terry Hobb's possession (that Stevie carried with him everywhere), and the stomach contents of Stevie Branch (proving that he came home that day).

I'm not wearing any pants
    Quote Originally Posted by carnee View Post
    I NEED THIS BOOK! Been trying to find it. I'll prob end up going to barnes and noble. Oh and pop, I think Terry Hobbs is guilty as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    I NEED THIS BOOK! Been trying to find it. I'll prob end up going to barnes and noble. Oh and pop, I think Terry Hobbs is guilty as fuck.
    It is called Almost Home and you can get it on Amazon. Amazing book.

He has two books. Almost home and Life After Death

West of Memphis...watch it. Loved it.

Didn't they find some DNA that matched up to the step dad of one of the boys? Why hasn't charges ever been pursued against him?

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Didn't they find some DNA that matched up to the step dad of one of the boys? Why hasn't charges ever been pursued against him?
    I have no idea. Even his ex wife said he did it.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

See that's what doesn't make sense here. They threw three teenagers in jail basically cuz they looked scary and were going to throw away the key. They have real evidence of who did it but do nothing. That just doesn't make any sense.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    See that's what doesn't make sense here. They threw three teenagers in jail basically cuz they looked scary and were going to throw away the key. They have real evidence of who did it but do nothing. That just doesn't make any sense.
    Me and my bf became very enthralled in this case. We watched all three documentaries back-to-back, they were soo good! I still have to watch the last one though. This case changed my mind about the death penalty. I was really ignorant to the fact that an innocent person could be sentenced to death. I think about these three guys from time to time. I hope they are all doing okay.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Weird how I picked up movie, and today is the two year anniversary that they were set free.

Damien Echols lives with his wife in Salem, Mass.
    Jessie Misskelly is still in Arkansas.
    Jason Baldwin is in Oregon I do believe.

This murder happened the same day I graduated from college, and followed it since.

Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth are in it. Called "The Devil's Knot"

Yup. I'll definitely go see that.

me too. One of the weirdest crimes ever.
    Small and quiet backwards town yet three boys are murdered in such a psychotic, precise, genuinely evil way.

Thread Information