Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lauryn Dickens (9 months old)

Re: Lauryn Dickens (9 months old)

[quote author=jnicole link=topic=27094.msg1722817#msg1722817 date=1285537898]
    those white "bitches" can quote that.
    [/quote]This must be Memphis School Teacher for "Run and tell that." 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news...r%27s-behavior
    Relative of Missing Baby Frustrated with Mother's Behavior
    Shakara Dickens Bond set at $2 Million

Updated: Friday, 24 Sep 2010, 5:22 PM CDT
    Published : Friday, 24 Sep 2010, 5:10 PM CDT

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - The mother of a missing 10-month-old made her first appearance in court this morning where her bond was set at $2 million. FOX13 spoke with a cousin of Shakara Dickens Friday, who said she felt the need to talk on behalf of the missing baby.

19-year old Shakara Dickens is charged with Aggravated Child Abuse and False Reporting and one of her relatives is talking about little Lauryn's disappearance.

She also said she feels other members of the Dickens family know more than they're letting on.

Shakara Dickens stoically listened to her charges read in court Friday morning. The 19-year old was arrested Tuesday night and charged in her 10-month-old baby's disappearance.

Lauryn Dickens was reported missing on September 15th, although the child's mother said she hadn't seen her baby since the September 7th. Kayla Davidson, Dickens' cousin, said the jailed-young mother's actions don't reflect those of a concerned parent.

"Just Sunday she was out at the club," said Davidson.

Davidson, also the mother of a 10-month-old, can't understand why her cousin let so much time pass before reporting her daughter's disappearance to police.

"I think she's disturbed honestly, just a simple word. She's disturbed."

Davdison grew up with Dickens, both went to Craigmont High School. She said she's frustrated with the way the family has handled little Lauryn's disappearance.

"They don't want to give any statements. They don't want to talk to the news but why not if it's anybody in my family or anything like that, I'm going to want to come forward. I'm going to want answers, I would want to say something and let it be known."

According to Davidson, Dickens has another child, a little boy around 2-years old. She said since Lauryn's birth, Dickens seemed to resent the baby girl.

"She treated Lauryn different because Lauryn's father is in jail and he's can't help her, so I guess she blamed Lauryn for it," said Davidson.

Davidson is pleading with Dickens and other family members to speak out, so Lauryn can be found.

"If she did something, she did. If she didn't, she didn't. I mean they should want to get to the bottom of it."

Davidson also said she knows plenty of people, including family members that would have taken Lauryn if Dickens was no longer able to care for her daughter.

Shakara Dickens is expected back in court on October 1st.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

[quote author=poppy213 link=topic=27094.msg1722877#msg1722877 date=1285545330]

Davidson also said she knows plenty of people, including family members that would have taken Lauryn if Dickens was no longer able to care for her daughter.
    [/quote]People always pop up after a kid is dead with the "I would've taken the baby if I had known" BS. And in most cases, that's exactly what it is. Total bullshit! No one cares til the kid is dead or something super drastic has happened. Then the family's all about being helpful.
    Now obviously I didn't kill any of my children but at NO TIME has anyone offered to take them off my hands so I can get a break. Oh, they'll take them if they want to do something with them, or if my grandmother wanted to see them (when I wasn't speaking to her) but even when I flat out said to my sister "I don't know what to do. I can't take care of my kids like this." (I had a kidney stone, gall stones, plus I'm bi-polar and had started a new med) she just told me to "Suck it up." Bet she'd be the *first* one on the news if I snapped saying how she would've gladly taken my kids, though.  :roll:

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=27094.msg1722886#msg1722886 date=1285545932]
    People always pop up after a kid is dead with the "I would've taken the baby if I had known" BS. And in most cases, that's exactly what it is. Total bullshit! No one cares til the kid is dead or something super drastic has happened. Then the family's all about being helpful.
    Now obviously I didn't kill any of my children but at NO TIME has anyone offered to take them off my hands so I can get a break. Oh, they'll take them if they want to do something with them, or if my grandmother wanted to see them (when I wasn't speaking to her) but even when I flat out said to my sister "I don't know what to do. I can't take care of my kids like this." (I had a kidney stone, gall stones, plus I'm bi-polar and had started a new med) she just told me to "Suck it up." Bet she'd be the *first* one on the news if I snapped saying how she would've gladly taken my kids, though.  :roll:
    [/quote]

So they're kinda like pro-lifers then?

I'm quoting this so in the future [s]when[/s] if you snap we'll be sure to have it.  :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=jnicole link=topic=27094.msg1722817#msg1722817 date=1285537898]
    I am horrified that after living in Memphis for 6 years I could decipher that perfectly and did the head roll while I was reading it in my head.

I hadn't heard anything about her getting a tattoo.  This is the Memphis Casey Anthony for sure.

The baby's grandmother is a Memphis City School teacher.  Her facebook page was even more interesting.  She was posting status updates about how she wanted to go egg the reporters outside her apartment and how those white "bitches" can quote that.  I am glad we have such awesome teachers shaping our future.
    [/quote]

could you link the page?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=27094.msg1722894#msg1722894 date=1285546151]
    So they're kinda like pro-lifers then?

I'm quoting this so in the future [s]when[/s] if you snap we'll be sure to have it.  :lol:
    [/quote]Nice, thanks. At least you'll be able to say you did something proactive.
    And unlike most of these crazy bitches, I'd give my kids away before I'd harm them. I had the number of a local shelter that specifically takes in children if the parents are in crisis in some way, and I would have used it if I had to.
    It still would have been nice of my sister to offer to take the kids out for dinner or something, though, you know? People really don't give a shit until it's too late so many times.

[quote author=beli link=topic=27094.msg1722895#msg1722895 date=1285546170]
    could you link the page?
    [/quote]

Sure thing

Grandmother Of Missing Baby Eggs Reporter

Sources say relatives not cooperating in search for baby

Stephanie Scurlock
    5:55 PM CDT, September 24, 201019-year-old Shakara Dickens is being held on a $2 million bond.

Police say she's sticking to her story that she gave the baby to a stranger on September 7th even though she didn't report her missing until a week later.

While authorities search for the baby, who would have turned 10 months old today, sources say they wish little Lauryn's family was cooperating more.

For the second day in a row we've obtained a search warrant in the case.

This one details a search of the maternal grandmother's home and what police found there.

Sources say she isn't being as helpful as she could in the search so we went to find out why.

She didn't give News Channel 3 an interview but she did send a message.

Tracey Dickens is Shakara's mother, a Memphis City School teacher and the grandmother of 10-month-old, Lauryn.

Tracey Dickens has the baby's picture as her Facebook profile.

There are other photos of the baby and Shakara and Shakara's other child on the page. They're listed under the heading "People I love."

Sources say Tracey Dickens isn't cooperating in the search for her missing grandaughter.

Dickens isn't saying where Shakara's other child is or if she knows anything about the missing baby. She rushed passed our camera and ignored the my questions as she left her Raleigh home.

Dickens didn't answer my questions but she or a friend did send a message to me just minutes before. Eggs were thrown at photographer Tyler Chow and me. They missed their mark.

However, the grandmother did pass along another message. While we were sitting outside her home she posted a new Facebook status. It said, "Thinkn (sic) abt (sic) throwing eggs at the news reporters in front of my house. Be sure to quote me while u (sic) run b----."

Police went to the school where Tracey Dickens teaches to search her car.

She refused to meet them in the principal's office. No word what they eventually found in the car, but in her house they took baby clothes, blankets and a baby stroller.

An earlier search warrant at Shakara's apartment revealed a dog trained to sniff out human remains did make a positive hit inside the apartment.

Shakara is charged with aggravated child neglect and endangerment along with filing a false police report.
    http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-missing-baby-grandmother-story,0,1292799.story

http://www.facebook.com/#!/tnic829?ref=ts    Thats the grandmothers facebook.  Its private now

This case has always stuck with me. I think maybe because it got absolutely NO media coverage. So, every so often I check for updates and today found that the mother is supposed to be going to trial for the baby's murder this week. Still no body, though.

Shakara Dickens, egg-donor to missing baby Lauryn Dickens will stand trial for first-degree murder beginning on November 7th. Beautiful baby Lauryn has been missing since last September when she “disappeared” and her mother, Shakara, did not report her missing for 8 days but instead went partying. Lauryn’s body has never been found. She was 10 months old at the time of her disappearance.
    Shakara told police that she gave Lauryn to a mystery woman she claimed had been sent by Lauryn’s father to get the child. Lauryn’s father, however, had been sitting in jail for some time at that point and has denied having any involvement in the child’s disappearance.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/08...rial-date-set/
    Lurker checking in.

Hmmm now what other mother does that sound like?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers

Shakara Dickens

[quote author=poppy213 link=topic=27094.msg1722768#msg1722768 date=1285532624]
    From her friends facebook wall. If you can decipher this.  :lol:

Zakayah TuTu Mason  DAMN SHAKERA FRIEND WAT WAS U THINKN BOO?!?!.... YO OWN BABY HOW COULD U.... NO MATA WAT U STILL MY FRIEND N UMA ALWAYS LOVE U DA SAME.... JUST DNT KNW WAT GOT N 2U RIP BABY LAURYN UMA MISS YO LIL SMILING ASS!! MUAH....
    2 hours ago via Mobile Web · View Feedback (10)Hide Feedback (10)
          2 people like this.

o
                Porche Allaboutbj Taylor IS DIS DA 10MTH 0LD BABY DAT WAS MISSIN??
                2 hours ago
              o
                Zakayah TuTu Mason Yep.
                2 hours ago
              o
                Porche Allaboutbj Taylor WUR DID DEY FIND DA BABY @??
                2 hours ago
              o
                Zakayah TuTu Mason They say n ha apartmentz i dnt really knw!!
                about an hour ago
              o
                Necey Burns WHERE WAS THE BABY WHEN THAT BITCH WAS GETTING THAT TATOO?HOW COULD U KILL YO OWN FLESH N BLOOD THAT IS SAD
                about an hour ago
              o
                Porche Allaboutbj Taylor ‎0wwweeee dats s0 sad dat bitch need 2 r0tten n jail... @necey dat bitch was getn tattd y ha baby ben missin...smh
                about an hour ago
              o
                Zakayah TuTu Mason Lol necey shut up idk. Wit ha grandparentz i was told.
                about an hour ago
              o
                Necey Burns YES PORCHE SHE ON TU TU PICS GETTING A TATOO LIKE HER BABY AINT MISSING FROWNING UP LOOKIN UGLY THAT BABY WAS DEAD THEN AND THAT HOE KNEW IT DUM UGLY ASS UNEDUCATED SLUT IM MAD !! NOW THATS IT DER
                about an hour ago · 2 people

[/QUOTE]

pretty sure this is the pic of her getting the tattoo

I never have trouble reading those kinds of FB posts because for the most part they are completely phonetic. In sum respects is actually easier : )

Weird. I live in Memphis & haven't heard anything about the trial starting yet.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...missing-admit/

The mother admitted that she murdered the baby in order to get a lesser sentence. She says she smothered the baby and dumped her in a dumpster :( Poor little baby,

horrible bring this baby home =( so sad what happens to children
    Quote Originally Posted by Feetprints View Post
    [quote author=amizlude link=topic=27094.msg1720545#msg1720545 date=1285160706]
    [size=10pt]Homicide Detectives Look for Missing Baby[/size]

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Homicide detectives combed through an apartment where a missing baby was last seen.

Earlier this afternoon, cops were in an apartment in the 49 hundred block of yale road in Raleigh.

They were looking for Lauryn Dickens. The 9 month old, has been missing for almost two weeks. Her mother said she gave her to a friend of her fathers.

But he's in jail, and said he has no idea what she's talking about.

Even if that were true, the fuck took TWO WEEKS here for the baby to be missed?
    And that sounds like a tiny 9 month old.[/QUOTE]

Just bumping to update.

http://m.wmctv.com/wmctv/pm_/content...id=od:pEjASvDj

The mother convicted of murdering her own daughter admitted that she put her hands over her little girl's mouth and nose until she went limp.

Shakara Dickens took the stand at her sentencing Friday and confessed to the crime she has denied since the day her 9-month-old daughter was reported missing in 2010.

Dickens testified that she could not find a babysitter for her daughter on September 7.

"Lauryn saw me crying and she started crying," Dickens said during her testimony.

When her daughter would not stop crying, Dickens said she put her hands over Lauryn's nose and mouth.

"I don't know what I was thinking, I don't know what was wrong with me but I was holding her, I put my hands over her mouth and nose and she passed out," said Dickens. "I realized what I was doing and I stopped. She started crying and I did it again and her body just went limp."

She said that is when she grabbed a towel from the bathroom and a trash bag from the kitchen.

"I got scared. I got a towel and I wrapped her up," she said. "And I put her in a bag and I put her in the garbage."

Shakara Dickens said she took the garbage bag, containing her daughter's body, downstairs and put it in an empty dumpster two apartment buildings away.

When asked if she ever went back to the dumpster, Dickens said she had not but that she watched as it was emptied at 4 a.m. a few days later.

Shakara admitted that the stories she told detectives early on in the investigation were false. At one time, she said she gave Lauryn up for adoption.

"This closes the door on any possibility that maybe it didn't happen or maybe it was an accident. Because clearly under these circumstances it was obviously not an accident. So that kind of gives everybody closure as to what happened in this case," said Prosecutor Reggie Henderson.

The little girl's body was never found. Shakara was found guilty of murder and hiding her daughter's body in March 2012.

"It's a tough trial. It's a tough result. It's a tough story," said Defense Attorney Murray Wells. "I don't think she's a cold-blooded killer. I think that emotionally she didn't recognize the seriousness of what she did."

At today's hearing, the prosecution recommended she be sentenced to 19 years for the crimes. The judge accepted the recommendation.

She will be given credit for time already served. Dickens will not be able to appeal the sentence.

Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    WTF? My kids see me crying and they cry with me...we hug and cry together...never once do I think "Hmm...my kids sympathize with the fact that something is bothering me, I think I'll smother them." I don't even understand her story at all. I've been out of my mind depressed plenty of times...not once did I want to hurt my children. I hate people.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

my heart is aching for this little angel. RIP Lauren. I hope when your egg donor finally meets her fate (after what I hope is a long, painful, tortuous life) that you are at the gates and will slam it in her motherfucking face.

Evil little bitch ! Wtf ?!
    Rip baby Lauren

19 years? She should have gotten life. I'm not really surprised this is Memphis after all, sometimes it seems like this city is run by criminals. Oh wait, it really is. This place will never get any better since those in charge continue to make stupid decisions! Thankfully, I don't live in the city limits but still, I'm counting down 7 years until my youngest is out of school and I'm out of here.

She threw that poor baby out like garbage. She should have to rot in prison!

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by dtfpaf798 View Post
    19 years? She should have gotten life. I'm not really surprised this is Memphis after all, sometimes it seems like this city is run by criminals. Oh wait, it really is. This place will never get any better since those in charge continue to make stupid decisions! Thankfully, I don't live in the city limits but still, I'm counting down 7 years until my youngest is out of school and I'm out of here.

She threw that poor baby out like garbage. She should have to rot in prison!
    Is Raleigh a suburb of Memphis?

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Is Raleigh a suburb of Memphis?
    Yup.

From Wikipedia:

Raleigh is a suburban community in north central Memphis, Tennessee named for a formerly incorporated town that used to be at its center. Today the boundaries of Raleigh are designated by the 38128 ZIP Code.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Then there's Raleigh, NC.

This Bitch only got 19 years cause she plead guilty. I don't understand why they didn't offer the 19 years only if she led them to the body.

She just didn't want her, but hey, that's understandable but don't murder her, there are so many couples that would have adopted her.

Out of all the forms of birth control out there....murder is not one.

Godspeed, sweet baby Lauryn

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

Thread Information