Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lauryn Dickens (9 months old)

Lauryn Dickens (9 months old)

[size=10pt]Homicide Detectives Look for Missing Baby[/size]

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Homicide detectives combed through an apartment where a missing baby was last seen.

Earlier this afternoon, cops were in an apartment in the 49 hundred block of yale road in Raleigh.

They were looking for Lauryn Dickens. The 9 month old, has been missing for almost two weeks. Her mother said she gave her to a friend of her fathers.

But he's in jail, and said he has no idea what she's talking about.

Lauryn Dickens is 21", 17lbs, with brown eyes, black hair pulled into two afro puffs, and last seen wearing a brown onesie with a pink flower and pink dots. Lauryn also has a skin rash on the back of her forearms and knees.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Lauryn Dickens is urged to contact the MPD Missing Persons Bureau at (901) 636-4479 or the Memphis Police Department at (901) 545-2677.

Re: Lauryn Dickens (9 months old)

[quote author=amizlude link=topic=27094.msg1720545#msg1720545 date=1285160706]
    [size=10pt]Homicide Detectives Look for Missing Baby[/size]

MEMPHIS, Tenn. - Homicide detectives combed through an apartment where a missing baby was last seen.

Earlier this afternoon, cops were in an apartment in the 49 hundred block of yale road in Raleigh.

They were looking for Lauryn Dickens. The 9 month old, has been missing for almost two weeks. Her mother said she gave her to a friend of her fathers.

But he's in jail, and said he has no idea what she's talking about.

[/quote]Even if that were true, the fuck took TWO WEEKS here for the baby to be missed?
    And that sounds like a tiny 9 month old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Unreal.

That does sound tiny huh, didn't really catch that the first time O_O

wheres the babbbbbbbbbbbbbbbby  :2eyesbleed:

What a worthless, scumbag, poor excuse for a mother!  If you don't want your baby, drop it off at a police station or fire station...the state of Tennessee has Safe Haven Laws.  She could have dropped her baby off and been on her way.  I wonder what happened that the police were alerted to this case two weeks after the fact.

Praying that Baby Lauryn is found safe and sound...and that her "mother" is locked up for a very long time!

[quote author=~*LaDyLaZaRuS*~ link=topic=27094.msg1721032#msg1721032 date=1285212289]
    What a worthless, scumbag, poor excuse for a mother!  If you don't want your baby, drop it off at a police station or fire station...the state of Tennessee has Safe Haven Laws.  She could have dropped her baby off and been on her way.  I wonder what happened that the police were alerted to this case two weeks after the fact.

Praying that Baby Lauryn is found safe and sound...and that her "mother" is locked up for a very long time!
    [/quote]safe haven laws have age limits. I think they're up to a month or two so this babe probably would've been too old.
    I'd have taken her! Look at her with those little afro puffs. What a dolly. 

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=27094.msg1721091#msg1721091 date=1285219312]
    safe haven laws have age limits. I think they're up to a month or two so this babe probably would've been too old.
    I'd have taken her! Look at her with those little afro puffs. What a dolly. 
    [/quote]

You are correct.  They do have limits.  She could have given her up for adoption, I suppose.  I'd take her too.  Way cute  :-)

While I think the mom is a piece of shit, I just felt the need to say that my daughter was really tiny.  They expect the average one year old to weigh 20 pounds, so I don't think this baby is that small.  My daughter was 19 pounds until she was a year and a half and she's still tiny to this day.  She's 12 and weighs about 60 pounds..

I also think safe haven laws vary from state to state, don't they? I remember when they were first introduced, some guy in Nevada (I think) dropped off all five of his kids or something lol.
    Lurker checking in.

Horrible. I saw somewhere that they suspect the mom killed the baby now.

Jesus, Tennessee safe haven law is 72 HOURS or less.
    Lurker checking in.

Just skimming through.. was wondering if anyone heard anything new on this? I hope the baby isn't dead.. but I have a feeling that she very well could be.  :-(

Police have just charged Lauryn's mother, 19 year-old Shakara Dickens with aggravated child neglect and endangerment, and false reporting. They say Dickens original story about handling her daughter off to a middle aged woman who was friends with Lauryn's father, is a lie.

Dickens told police she gave Lauryn to the woman September 7th, but waited more than a week to report Lauryn missing.
    http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/092310-mother-charged-in-daughter%27s-disappearance

Sadly it's not looking too promising... :-(

A quote from the above article:

Police also confirm dogs brought inside the home, picked up on the scent of remains, though they say none have been found. They've also towed Dickens mother's car. A source tells FOX13, Dickens is believed to have been driving her mother's car around the time Lauryn disappeared.

"I wish I could say we're going to have a happy ending to it. Maybe we will. I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking like it's gonna be that way," said Godwin.
    Lurker checking in.

Lurker checking in.

sounds like Casey Anthony all over again.. far out I know what my kids are doing every minute of the day - how can it take a mother so long to report a child missing!!!

[quote author=SouthAussie link=topic=27094.msg1721710#msg1721710 date=1285315844]
    how can it take a mother so long to report a child missing!!!
    [/quote]Need time to figure out where to hide the kid's body, from the looks of the way things are going.  :|

alginate

[quote author=Rhythmisasadist link=topic=27094.msg1721628#msg1721628 date=1285298218]
    Horrible. I saw somewhere that they suspect the mom killed the baby now.
    [/quote]
    Oh my god, I'm sorry to hear that! I found this forum from google! and I can't bealive there are so many babys lost. :2upset:

When I came across this site a long time ago, I had the same surprising realization on how many people go missing, especially children. It's so sad. It's pretty frightening that the majority seem to be kissed/come up missing and their parents are the ones to blame. Although I'm sure this story will come to a very sad ending,.. I'm still looking daily for an update.

Memphis police search warrants presume missing baby is dead

As her mother appeared in court on Friday facing a charge that could earn 15 to 60 years in prison, the central question remained: Where is 10-month-old Lauryn Dickens?

Search warrants make it clear that the working theory for Memphis police is that the infant is dead.

Outlining the evidence police targeted in searches of two homes, investigators wrote in warrants that they were seeking "human remains of Lauryn Dickens and trace, DNA, and biological evidence."

The child's 19-year-old mother, Shakara Dickens, appeared briefly Friday in General Sessions Criminal Court. Dickens has been held in Shelby County's Jail East for women since Tuesday.

Policed charged Dickens on Thursday with aggravated child abuse, with the victim under 6 years old, and with false reporting.

General Sessions Criminal Court Judge Karen L. Massey told Dickens, who was dressed in orange jail garb, that she faces 15 to 60 years in prison without parole on the aggravated child abuse charge alone.

Dickens' next court date will concern securing an attorney.

Dickens reported her daughter missing on Sept. 15, telling police that she gave the child on Sept. 7 to an unknown woman who arrived at her Raleigh apartment unannounced at the behest of the child's jailed father.

Dickens told police that she had told the father, Benjamin Norfleet, 19 -- in Shelby County Jail on a number of vehicle burglary, weapon and other charges -- that she could no longer care for Lauryn. He sent the woman, she claimed.

However, police said in court documents that their investigation showed that Norfleet had not spoken with Dickens since late August. Furthermore, calls from the jail to her phone had been permanently blocked.

The inconsistent stories Dickens gave police included that she had given the child to the father's parents, police said in a court affidavit.

"Other than Shakara Dickens, no one acknowledges having seen Lauryn Dickens since Sept. 6," investigators said in the court document.

Until Sept. 2, Dickens and the child lived in a Raleigh home in the 2700 block of West Hickory Bluff with her mother, Traci Dickens, according to a search warrant.

Shakara Dickens was in the process of moving to an apartment in the Raleigh Village complex at 4992 Yale. A baby bed was the only piece of furniture in the apartment, a witness told police.

During a search of the Raleigh apartment complex on Tuesday, a rescue and recovery dog trained to detect the odor of decomposing human remains indicated finding the odor at Dickens' apartment, a search warrant said.

Police collected as evidence at the apartment Blackberry and Motorola cell phones and two chargers, store and pizza receipts, a baby car seat, a baby jumper, a white shirt, pink and white blanket and a Winnie the Pooh blanket, the warrant said.

Police searched Dickens' mother's home on Wednesday. They collected 108 items as evidence, ranging from baby clothing, blankets, diapers and a play pen to a stuffed purple dinosaur and bunny toys.

The 19-year-old's family includes a 3-year-old boy, who is in the care of a family member, officials said.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/sep/24/memphis-police-search-warrants-presume-baby-dead/

From her friends facebook wall. If you can decipher this.  :lol:

Zakayah TuTu Mason  DAMN SHAKERA FRIEND WAT WAS U THINKN BOO?!?!.... YO OWN BABY HOW COULD U.... NO MATA WAT U STILL MY FRIEND N UMA ALWAYS LOVE U DA SAME.... JUST DNT KNW WAT GOT N 2U RIP BABY LAURYN UMA MISS YO LIL SMILING ASS!! MUAH....
    2 hours ago via Mobile Web · View Feedback (10)Hide Feedback (10)
          2 people like this.

o
                Porche Allaboutbj Taylor IS DIS DA 10MTH 0LD BABY DAT WAS MISSIN??
                2 hours ago
              o
                Zakayah TuTu Mason Yep.
                2 hours ago
              o
                Porche Allaboutbj Taylor WUR DID DEY FIND DA BABY @??
                2 hours ago
              o
                Zakayah TuTu Mason They say n ha apartmentz i dnt really knw!!
                about an hour ago
              o
                Necey Burns WHERE WAS THE BABY WHEN THAT BITCH WAS GETTING THAT TATOO?HOW COULD U KILL YO OWN FLESH N BLOOD THAT IS SAD
                about an hour ago
              o
                Porche Allaboutbj Taylor ‎0wwweeee dats s0 sad dat bitch need 2 r0tten n jail... @necey dat bitch was getn tattd y ha baby ben missin...smh
                about an hour ago
              o
                Zakayah TuTu Mason Lol necey shut up idk. Wit ha grandparentz i was told.
                about an hour ago
              o
                Necey Burns YES PORCHE SHE ON TU TU PICS GETTING A TATOO LIKE HER BABY AINT MISSING FROWNING UP LOOKIN UGLY THAT BABY WAS DEAD THEN AND THAT HOE KNEW IT DUM UGLY ASS UNEDUCATED SLUT IM MAD !! NOW THATS IT DER
                about an hour ago · 2 people

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

RIP BABY LAURYN UMA MISS YO LIL SMILING ASS!!  :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I am horrified that after living in Memphis for 6 years I could decipher that perfectly and did the head roll while I was reading it in my head.

I hadn't heard anything about her getting a tattoo.  This is the Memphis Casey Anthony for sure.

The baby's grandmother is a Memphis City School teacher.  Her facebook page was even more interesting.  She was posting status updates about how she wanted to go egg the reporters outside her apartment and how those white "bitches" can quote that.  I am glad we have such awesome teachers shaping our future.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California

[quote author=poppy213 link=topic=27094.msg1722768#msg1722768 date=1285532624]
    From her friends facebook wall. If you can decipher this.  :lol:

Zakayah TuTu Mason  DAMN SHAKERA FRIEND WAT WAS U THINKN BOO?!?!.... YO OWN BABY HOW COULD U.... NO MATA WAT U STILL MY FRIEND N UMA ALWAYS LOVE U DA SAME.... JUST DNT KNW WAT GOT N 2U RIP BABY LAURYN UMA MISS YO LIL SMILING ASS!! MUAH....
          2 people like this.

o
                Porche Allaboutbj Taylor IS DIS DA 10MTH 0LD BABY DAT WAS MISSIN??
                2 hours ago
              o
                Zakayah TuTu Mason Yep.
                2 hours ago
              o
                Porche Allaboutbj Taylor WUR DID DEY FIND DA BABY @??
                2 hours ago
              o
                Zakayah TuTu Mason They say n ha apartmentz i dnt really knw!!
                about an hour ago
              o
                Necey Burns WHERE WAS THE BABY WHEN THAT BITCH WAS GETTING THAT TATOO?HOW COULD U KILL YO OWN FLESH N BLOOD THAT IS SAD
                about an hour ago
              o
                Porche Allaboutbj Taylor ‎0wwweeee dats s0 sad dat bitch need 2 r0tten n jail... @necey dat bitch was getn tattd y ha baby ben missin...smh
                about an hour ago
              o
                Zakayah TuTu Mason Lol necey shut up idk. Wit ha grandparentz i was told.
                about an hour ago
              o
                Necey Burns YES PORCHE SHE ON TU TU PICS GETTING A TATOO LIKE HER BABY AINT MISSING FROWNING UP LOOKIN UGLY THAT BABY WAS DEAD THEN AND THAT HOE KNEW IT DUM UGLY ASS UNEDUCATED SLUT IM MAD !! NOW THATS IT DER
                about an hour ago · 2 people

[/quote]

:2eyesbleed:
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

[quote author=poppy213 link=topic=27094.msg1722768#msg1722768 date=1285532624]
    From her friends facebook wall. If you can decipher this.  :lol:

Zakayah TuTu Mason - Damn, Shakera! Friend, what were you thinking?  Your own baby! How could you?  No matter what, you are still my friend and I'm going to always love you the same.  Just don't know what got into you.  RIP Baby Lauryn.  I'm going to miss your smiling ass! Muah!
         2 people like this.

o
               Porche Allaboutbj Taylor - Is this the 10 month old baby that was missing?
               2 hours ago
             o
               Zakayah TuTu Mason Yep.
               2 hours ago
             o
               Porche Allaboutbj Taylor - Where did they find the baby at?
               2 hours ago
             o
               Zakayah TuTu Mason - They say in the aparments. I really don't know.
               about an hour ago
             o
               Necey Burns  Where was the baby when that bitch was getting that tatoo? How could you kill your own flesh and blood.  That is sad.
               about an hour ago
             o
               Porche Allaboutbj Taylor ‎Ohh, thats so sad.  That bitch needs to rot in hell. @necey - that bitch was getting tattoed while the baby was  missing.smh
               about an hour ago
             o
               Zakayah TuTu Mason Lol necey shut up.  I don' know.  With the grandparents i was told.
               about an hour ago
             o
               Necey Burns  Yes Porsche, she is posted on TuTu (Zakayah's) pics getting a tatoo like her baby was not missing, frowning up, looking ugly.  That baby was dead then and that ho knew it.  Dumb, ugly ass, uneducated slut!  I'm mad!  Now that's it, there.            about an hour ago · 2 people

[/quote]   there you go.  i guess they are saying they found the baby or maybe its rumors that the baby was found dead in the apartment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Sigh, poor baby.  :x  Wonder where they will find her for sure, or whatever.

Holy SHIT that facebook, ROFL. I feel it's a sad day when I knew what the fuck they were saying.  :2eyesbleed:  How do people type like that?! How do you type that so well online? Wtf..

Thread Information