Thread: Wheaton man arrested after armed robbery

Wheaton man arrested after armed robbery

Not only had I just walked about 3 minutes before this I went to high school with the dude.

A 30-year-old Wheaton man is facing a variety of charges after being arrested in connection with a Friday night armed robbery in an unincorporated area near the city, authorities said Monday.

Joe Thomas Dietzel of the 100 block of Blanchard Avenue was charged with armed robbery, unlawful possession of a controlled substance, two counts of misdemeanor unlawful possession of a firearm without a FOID card, and misdemeanor unlawful possession of ammunition without a FOID card.

DuPage County sheriff's deputies said they arrested Dietzel Saturday after an armed robbery the night before at Family Pantry, 26W211 Geneva Road.

Police responded to the robbery about 7:30 p.m. after a panic alarm was activated. When they arrived, the clerk told deputies a man wearing a dark ski mask pointed a silver handgun at him and demanded money from the cash register. The suspect then left the store.

In a news release issued Monday, authorities said detectives used video surveillance from the store, along with the description given by the clerk, to find the suspect.

When a vehicle matching the description of the suspect's was found at Dietzel's residence, a search warrant was obtained.

During the search of Dietzel's home, authorities found a silver handgun that was identified as the one used during the robbery. Dietzel also was wearing the same kind of shoes, pants and belt the suspect wore during the incident, police said.

In addition, authorities said they seized heroin, a 12-gauge shotgun, drug paraphernalia, additional firearms and ammunition from Dietzel's home.

Dietzel was being held Monday at DuPage County jail on $400,000 bond.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=409394&src=2

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/currency123
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Re: Wheaton man arrested after armed robbery

Suppose to say I had just walked out 3 minutes before. I was the last person before him.

This sort of thing has it's own specific board: http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?board=34.0

Just sayin.

I only visit a few places here, saw everything myspace. My fault, move it if you can.

I went to school for a little while near Wheaton. This kind of surprises me that this happened out there.

Thread Information