Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sam Emerson (17) took his own life at home

Re: Sam Emerson (17) took his own life at home

[quote author=wickedly_curious link=topic=4744.msg184406#msg184406 date=1171299445]
    OK, sleuths. I can only view cached myspaces because my work blocks myspace. Here's your mission because I can't look up info:

On this girls cached profile, the first part of her Music section says the following: " IN LOVING MEMORY OF ...
    Nichole Marie Campbell R.I.P
    10/06/2006♥"

I don't see this name when I search the articles here. Find her and submit her!
    [/quote]cha-ching! http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =62952143

I'll see if she's posted, if not, i'll submit her.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=4744.msg184742#msg184742 date=1171305477]
    cha-ching! http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID =62952143

I'll see if she's posted, if not, i'll submit her.
    [/quote]

I can't find a cause of death though. I'm gonna have to put her in More info needed :(
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Amy's taste > Tara's

What a sad ,senseless death. He was so young.

[quote author=amynonymous link=topic=4744.msg183057#msg183057 date=1171227390]
    I bet Sam's parents said the exact same thing about their relationship with him...I've heard many times how the parents of a kid who committed suicide were absolutely shocked because they thought they knew everything about their child and they thought they were so close.[/quote]

Agreed.  That goes for pretty much every relationship one could have (mother/father/friends/SO).  You are never gonna know everything about someone.  Unless you can read minds.

[quote author=sophie5 link=topic=4744.msg183109#msg183109 date=1171229590]
    He wasn't immature, he was sensitive.[/quote]

Some of Sam's words:

when u spend four years changin ur life jus so one girl would like u when u spend everyday thinkin about one girl because sjes the only person who makes since to you then she makes u think ur her first and fuks you and acts like she wnats to be with you then doesent tlk to you and gets another boy frin thats how u fukin hate everything i loved in her turned to hate i dont hate many things but her i hate witha a fukin passion shes the worst thing that ever happened to me i fukin hate her i wanetd to kill myself after that shit i almost drank myself to death ill fukin die if i had to spend five mins with her

AND ILL NEVER HATE U cuz ima marry u ur fukin sweet and beautiful and just fun as hell
    SHE FUKED ME OVER SHE FUKS ME LEAVES ME THEN TELLS ME SHE HAS A BOYFRIN THEN LIES ABOUT IT FUK HER I LOST EVERYTHING CUZ OF HER I FUKIN HATE HER WITH EVERY BIT OF THE HEART I DONT HAVE ILL NEVER TLK TO HER AGAIN SHES DEAD TO ME AND THATS A PROMISE ON MY FUKIN LIFE ILL DIE BEFORE I EVER FORGIVE HER
    He's posting this stuff publicly on MySpace.  If that's not immature, I don't know what is.

Deleting - will carry this over to Nichole's thread in "additional info" section,...

[quote author=death_roe link=topic=4744.msg184570#msg184570 date=1171302056]
    He started these serious relationships when he was 10 years old....he was only 17 years old when he killed himself. I think saying he was not immature is unreasonable. Yes, he seemed to be sensitive too...but did you read all his comments and whatnot? It was pretty obvious that he was immature about his relationships at least with his peers.

And of course I don't really think he is better off dead.....         ..hence the other sentences in the same paragraph.   
    [/quote]

Nope they weren't serious relationships at 10 (he had a crush on a girl called Lacey) and yes I have read all his comments: Go to page 1 and you'll see my synopsis of his love life.  To me being immature at his age is not having had a girlfriend at all, it's about being an 'anorak' as we say in England, staying in your bedroom and playing Warhammer.

He was  sensitive and introspective which I think was caused by smoking weed, I think that smoking weed over time can cause depression and people underestimate the impact it has on some kids.
    I know someone who has schizophrenia and his family do believe that it was caused by smoking too many spliffs. 
    It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=sophie5 link=topic=4744.msg185333#msg185333 date=1171322702]
    Nope they weren't serious relationships at 10 (he had a crush on a girl called Lacey) and yes I have read all his comments: Go to page 1 and you'll see my synopsis of his love life.  To me being immature at his age is not having had a girlfriend at all, it's about being an 'anorak' as we say in England, staying in your bedroom and playing Warhammer.

He was  sensitive and introspective which I think was caused by smoking weed, I think that smoking weed over time can cause depression and people underestimate the impact it has on some kids.
    I know someone who has schizophrenia and his family do believe that it was caused by smoking too many spliffs. 
    [/quote]

Ladies (and gents), if you think you have the perfect boyfriend...  :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

[quote author=wickedly_curious link=topic=4744.msg184655#msg184655 date=1171303820]
    Morons. Give the whole world your phone number. And they wonder why 15 year old girls are meeting up with pedophiles. 
    [/quote]

And why their cellphone bills are $700 a month, lol!

[quote author=tara12sk link=topic=4744.msg185339#msg185339 date=1171323042]
    Ladies (and gents), if you think you have the perfect boyfriend...  :lol:
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:  That explains why my boyfriend overanalyzes everything I say and is so easily reduced to tears.  Damn, I had hoped he was just hopelessly obsessed with me. 

[quote author=sophie5 link=topic=4744.msg181785#msg181785 date=1171079781]
    It was all to do with his love life:

He was in love with a girl called Lacey who now lives in a trailer with a guy who doesn't treat her as well as Sam did and i think she's having this guy's baby.
    Then there was a girl referred to as Moni Lou (Monique) the two of them broke-up, there was a lot of bitterness and he claims she cheated on him/went off with another guy. You can't tell because there's only his version of the story.
    More recently there's Harli who is really sweet to him but tells him that she already has a boyfriend. Sam was crazy in love with her and kept on saying he wanted to marry her.
    He did say to some of his friends that he was feeling suicidal but i don't think they took it seriously and the problems in his love life seemed to happen over about 3 years so he got depressed and bitter. Smoking weed can make you depressed too, so maybe that was something to do with it and maybe there was other stuff that no-one will ever know about.
    It's so tragic reading what his friends have to say and his parents are heartbroken. Why is it that these kids think that High School is everything? He was a lovely, RIP Sam.
    [/quote]

Your synopsis of his love life claims 'It was all to do with his love life' and that he was 'in love with Lacey' not just a crush. And the problems were over 3 yrs...that would make him 14 yrs old when they started. It's not an insult to say it but he was immature. (It is apparent in his conversations with Harli.)

[/quote]

I think you underestimate the consequences of being so immature when involved in adult-like relationships. Maybe if he had waited until he was more mature rather than at the age of 10 before attempting to be in grown up relationships, then he could have matured in that area by the age of 17.

It isn't all about being an 'anorak', it's about a child basing his value in life on relationships with girls and killing himself at the age of 17. He would have been better off spending ages 10-14 playing video games in his room. Then maybe he could have handled the normal up and downs of a relationship and the rejection that goes with the dating scene and sometimes a break-up.

And, btw smoking weed doesn't cause schizophrenia (although some hard drugs/chemicals may contribute to some chemical imbalances). The person you know was most likely self-medicating with the weed due to their mental illness, not causing themself to have the mental illness by smoking weed.

Thanks for the smite for being 'immature'. So I have to assume you must be between the ages of 10-17 to be so defensive about my feeling this kid was immature.

Way to tell her off! Good for you!

Regardless of how mature/immature his teenage relationships were, he seems like a guy who had a ton of friends and family, who are now clearly shellshocked by this. Sounds like he had lots of pals, including gal pals, and was one of those dudes who was everyone's buddy.

Also appears that he really took the downturns in his romantic life really hard. And there was a lot of drama - his long-term, 15-yr-old girlfriend runs off to live in a trailer with some other dude who gets her preggers?! Yeeesh! That would be stressful to an adult, not to mention a seemingly sensitive teenage boy.

His posts to Harli sound depressed and and anxious - he appears to have been becoming increasingly desperate. And, yes, a doctor once told me that marijuana can really mess with your brain chemistry if you're already "off balance", so that probably didn't help. It's so sad that he wasn't able to get some professional treatment; it might have made a difference.

:-( So sad. I hope his family and friends can find some measure of peace some day.

[/quote]

Perhaps they need to speak to someone who's actually BEEN to medical school  :roll:  What idiots.

days right thats bullshit, it may be a contributing factor... but its said to be one of the most inherited mental disorders

O :kiss3:
    Oh jeez death_roe and Ih8U it's a forum where people can disagree if they want and btw you smited me first so i'm gonna turn this thing around so the more you disagree with me the more i'll applaud you, the more offensive the smiley the more i'll applaud you.

And the last 2 threads about weed, yeah it's not the cause but i think the illness is latent and can be triggered in some cases by weed.

This kid really reminds me of my cousin, he even looks a bit like him. In the last year of his life my cousin got kind of paranoid and obsessive and started his emo journal but then he was a real stoner and i don't know whether this kid was.

About a year after he died i was given his CD collection with Slip Knot and Cradle of Filth and i played the music and got hysteris i couldn't stop laughing cos i kept on thinking "God no wonder he killed himself". I felt really bad but even now that music makes me laugh.
    It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not.

[quote author=sophie5 link=topic=4744.msg186297#msg186297 date=1171384586]
    O :kiss3:
    Oh jeez death_roe and Ih8U it's a forum where people can disagree if they want and btw you smited me first so i'm gonna turn this thing around so the more you disagree with me the more i'll applaud you, the more offensive the smiley the more i'll applaud you.

And the last 2 threads about weed, yeah it's not the cause but i think the illness is latent and can be triggered in some cases by weed.

This kid really reminds me of my cousin, he even looks a bit like him. In the last year of his life my cousin got kind of paranoid and obsessive and started his emo journal but then he was a real stoner and i don't know whether this kid was.

About a year after he died i was given his CD collection with Slip Knot and Cradle of Filth and i played the music and got hysteris i couldn't stop laughing cos i kept on thinking "God no wonder he killed himself". I felt really bad but even now that music makes me laugh.
    [/quote]

You are incorrect.
    How about you read up on the age of onset for schizophrenia.  Add to that an understanding that illegal drugs are usually an attempt to self medicate for those experiencing the early stage of this illness, usually pre-diagnosis.
    Educating yourself rather than theorizing about such things is a good idea.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=daybreaksdisdain link=topic=4744.msg186330#msg186330 date=1171385644]
    You are incorrect.
    How about you read up on the age of onset for schizophrenia.  Add to that an understanding that illegal drugs are usually an attempt to self medicate for those experiencing the early stage of this illness, usually pre-diagnosis.
    Educating yourself rather than theorizing about such things is a good idea.
    [/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth DD.
    Not to mention that the age of onset (3/4 of persons with schizophrenia develop the disease between 16 and 25 years of age)
    is pretty much the time that most will (if ever) experiment with illegal substances.
    This person is an asshat, and her theories are asinine.
    Let's make everything illegal because some people can't handle it.
    Smite for sophie5. 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

pot is much safer and has far fewer side effects than many of the legal prescriptions people suffering from mental illness are given.
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4744.msg186366#msg186366 date=1171386596]
    Took the words right out of my mouth DD.
    Not to mention that the age of onset (3/4 of persons with schizophrenia develop the disease between 16 and 25 years of age)
    is pretty much the time that most will (if ever) experiment with illegal substances.
    This person is an asshat, and her theories are asinine.
    Let's make everything illegal because some people can't handle it.
    Smite for sophie5.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I second that smite.

[quote author=sophie5 link=topic=4744.msg186297#msg186297 date=1171384586]
    About a year after he died i was given his CD collection with [glow=red,2,300]Slip Knot[/glow] and Cradle of Filth and i played the music and got hysteris i couldn't stop laughing cos i kept on thinking &quot;God no wonder he killed himself&quot;. I felt really bad but even now that music makes me laugh.
    [/quote]

LOL!!&nbsp; i'm sorry, but that is hysterical!&nbsp; blaming suicde on music and schizophrenia on pot is just too damn funny.&nbsp;

and as a woman from the 515, clitsnot is not music to kill yourself to.&nbsp; someone else, maybe...&nbsp; ((i still think its funny that people out side of des moines know who slipknot is!))

I can't catch schizophrenia?!?!?! Oh thank god,i was so worried.

Amy's taste > Tara's

SHE'S CONTAGIOUS
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=4744.msg186398#msg186398 date=1171387208]
    I can't catch schizophrenia?!?!?! Oh thank god,i was so worried.
    [/quote]

[quote author=saidgrace link=topic=4744.msg186379#msg186379 date=1171386878]
    pot is much safer and has far fewer side effects than many of the legal prescriptions people suffering from mental illness are given.
    [/quote]

The point is that pot did not cause his illness and it's doubtful he had even been diagnosed prior to his death.&nbsp; If someone chooses pot over the prescription then that is their business.&nbsp; They will more than likely find themselves locked up more times than not for psychotic breaks but it's their choice.&nbsp;

Grace I know your stance on it but pot is not perfect nor the answer as far as mental illness goes. In this case, it honestly does not sound safer though now does it?

Thread Information