Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kiara Broussard (17) killed when car she drove hit pole and wrapped around it

Re: Kiara Broussard (17) killed when car she drove hit pole and wrapped around it

this story really got to me - reading her myspace and seeing how intelligent and insightful she is made me soo sad but then...
    came the blogs from her boyfriend, and it made me want to rip out my heart and throw it at the computer screen!! How does this happen.. so sad.

all the times i have missed a call from my boyfriend... geez, im keeping my phone strapped to me.

[quote author=panik link=topic=4741.msg182372#msg182372 date=1171157251]
    "ur last comment to me was about me not answering my phone.. baby im so sorry.. i hope u forgive me.. bcuz i cant forgive myself.. i shudve had my phone with me"

you would think he would have the decency to write like an adult for once.
    lets hope this myspace retard does not get to write the epitath.

"heer lies my luv how (who) died bcuz ov crass

[/quote]
    both of them were extremely well spoken.  i mean they are still teens so they are gonna talk like that here and there, but if you take a look at their myspaces, they are definitely better writers then the other teens found on this site.

Re: Kiara Broussard (17) killed when car she drove hit pole and wrapped around i

[quote author=Arnie Cunningham link=topic=4741.msg181929#msg181929 date=1171099400]
    I think an investigation should be launched immediately into the dog. Did he perhaps grab the wheel?
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Kiara Broussard (17) killed when car she drove hit pole and wrapped around it

kiara was buddhist
    i bet that she was good headgiver too..

one good headgiver less at this world
    I love pretty dead girls!

Re: Kiara Broussard (17) killed when car she drove hit pole and wrapped around i

[quote author=polidor link=topic=4741.msg182602#msg182602 date=1171192678]
    kiara was buddhist

[/quote]

Polidor! 

:|
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

kiara was buddhist

[/quote]
    Okay, I am assuming you have a fan club somewhere that understands your sense of humor, but was that really necessary???  :hitwitrock:

kiara was buddhist

[/quote]   Go amuse yourself, Polidor...No one wants to imagine anyone giving you head, much less a bright, intelligent, articulate, insightful teenager, now deceased, who probably would have run screaming in the other direction had she seen you in her path. 

"ur last comment to me was about me not answering my phone.. baby im so sorry.. i hope u forgive me.. bcuz i cant forgive myself.. i shudve had my phone with me"

[/quote]

dude!!!!! what, this guy has to sit back after typing a comment and think "hmm...have i got all my punctuation and spelling right?" after losing a loved one? and its not like he spells like a retard, ,,,OHHHHH...he wrote "bcuz" instead of "because" ooooohhhhh that means hes gunna spell like a complete jackass writing the epitaph! (he'd at least probably spell it right unlike someone else..koff koff..)
    and like someone already said if u bothered to look at their pages u'd know they were better spoken than most ppl on myspace.

[quote author=Mercedes link=topic=4741.msg182604#msg182604 date=1171193690]
    Okay, I am assuming you have a fan club somewhere that understands your sense of humor, but was that really necessary???  :hitwitrock:
    [/quote]

Unfortunately most of Polidors posts will be like the one which you refer to.

*Edited to add if there is a fanclub, I'm not in it.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=4741.msg182613#msg182613 date=1171198239]
    Unfortunately most of Polidors posts will be like the one which you refer to.

*Edited to add if there is a fanclub, I'm not in it.
    [/quote]
    Sorry, I misinterpreted the cheerleader smilie. 

[quote author=Mercedes link=topic=4741.msg182620#msg182620 date=1171200735]
    Sorry, I misinterpreted the cheerleader smilie. 
    [/quote]

No problem.

I put the  :| underneath it to try and make it clear I was being sarcastic, hehe.
    I can see how easily it could be taken the wrong way.

As I said, polidors posts are mainly about sexual stuff, so don't be surprised if you see more of the same.

*edited to add, most of them were about sex, but an entire thread was removed.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=4741.msg182621#msg182621 date=1171200993]
    No problem.

I put the  :| underneath it to try and make it clear I was being sarcastic, hehe.

As I said, polidors posts are mainly about sexual stuff, so don't be surprised if you see more of the same.

[/quote]
    OIC, one of those really desperate dudes. 

[quote author=Mercedes link=topic=4741.msg182623#msg182623 date=1171201119]
    OIC, one of those really desperate dudes.   
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=4741.msg182621#msg182621 date=1171200993]
    No problem.

*edited to add, most of them were about sex, but an entire thread was removed.

[/quote]
    :2upset:  I've noticed....Sometimes he can be mildly (very mildly, that is) amusing, whereas other times he's nauseatingly inappropriate.  This was one of those times I found him to be the latter. 

[quote author=yasakanamee link=topic=4741.msg182608#msg182608 date=1171194848]
    dude!!!!! what, this guy has to sit back after typing a comment and think "hmm...have i got all my punctuation and spelling right?" after losing a loved one? and its not like he spells like a retard, ,,,OHHHHH...he wrote "bcuz" instead of "because" ooooohhhhh that means hes gunna spell like a complete jackass writing the epitaph! (he'd at least probably spell it right unlike someone else..koff koff..)
    and like someone already said if u bothered to look at their pages u'd know they were better spoken than most ppl on myspace.
    [/quote]

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...proper use of the English language is necessary. I don't know where people get off thinking this bastardized version is okay simply because it is the internet. That's not an excuse. As you said, this young man was obviously very capable of being well-spoken, so why be lazy here?

C'mon, people!! A few extra letters doesn't take that much longer to type.

[quote author=the lurker link=topic=4741.msg182658#msg182658 date=1171204971]
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again...proper use of the English language is necessary. I don't know where people get off thinking this bastardized version is okay simply because it is the internet. That's not an excuse. As you said, this young man was obviously very capable of being well-spoken, so why be lazy here?

C'mon, people!! A few extra letters doesn't take that much longer to type.
    [/quote]
    I see what both of you guys are saying.  Just because a person CHOOSES to use internet abbreviations does in no way mean that they can't use proper English.  Proper English is in no way "necessary" to get a point across, slang is also an acceptable form of communication.  In these times, a lot of people use "text message" lingo, which uses as few letters as necessary. 

[quote author=Mercedes link=topic=4741.msg182660#msg182660 date=1171206088]
    I see what both of you guys are saying.  Just because a person CHOOSES to use internet abbreviations does in no way mean that they can't use proper English.  Proper English is in no way "necessary" to get a point across, slang is also an acceptable form of communication.  In these times, a lot of people use "text message" lingo, which uses as few letters as necessary. 
    [/quote]

I'm an English teacher. I have yet to be sold on this whole "text message" lingo being appropriate for anything but text messaging...and I won't even use it there. Once it begins to be appropriate outside the cell phone world, it turns into a bastard form of our language, which, in my opinion, is already happening, as many people think it's okay to use on the internet. My problem with it is, once a person gets in the habit of doing that, it's very difficult to get out of it. You don't know how many formal essays contain things like "u" or "ppl"...I think I'm just old fashioned when it comes to language.

[quote author=the lurker link=topic=4741.msg182669#msg182669 date=1171207918]
    I'm an English teacher. I have yet to be sold on this whole "text message" lingo being appropriate for anything but text messaging...and I won't even use it there. Once it begins to be appropriate outside the cell phone world, it turns into a bastard form of our language, which, in my opinion, is already happening, as many people think it's okay to use on the internet. My problem with it is, once a person gets in the habit of doing that, it's very difficult to get out of it. You don't know how many formal essays contain things like "u" or "ppl"...I think I'm just old fashioned when it comes to language.
    [/quote]

I have to admit I agree with you.

If I come across a post that has all the text speak in it I find it hard to read, and the non-use of paragraphs makes my eyes bleed. Like this  :  :2eyesbleed:

I like to read things, not decipher them first then read them, but then that's a whole other topic.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=4741.msg182671#msg182671 date=1171208078]
    I have to admit I agree with you.

If I come across a post that has all the text speak in it I find it hard to read, and the non-use of paragraphs makes my eyes bleed. Like this  :  :2eyesbleed:

I like to read things, not decipher them first then read them, but then that's a whole other topic.
    [/quote]

That's precisely what it is....While it might be easier to type a message in that mess, it's so difficult to read. I just don't have that kind of time, or patience.

[quote author=the lurker link=topic=4741.msg182681#msg182681 date=1171208737]
    That's precisely what it is....While it might be easier to type a message in that mess, it's so difficult to read. I just don't have that kind of time, or patience.
    [/quote]

Yep!

WHATS WORSE IF ITS TYPED LIKE THIS WITH NO PUNCTUATION AND ALL CAPITAL LETTERS I FIND THAT REALLY ANNOYING AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM OUT LOUDLY AND POKE OUT MY EYES WITH A PIECE OF BARBED WIRE.

Ok sorry.

Just wanted to try that out.
    It is SO hard to write words without using the shift key and punctuations.

I shall try to remain on topic next time.  :oops:

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=4741.msg182691#msg182691 date=1171209014]

Yep!

WHATS WORSE IF ITS TYPED LIKE THIS WITH NO PUNCTUATION AND ALL CAPITAL LETTERS I FIND THAT REALLY ANNOYING AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM OUT LOUDLY AND POKE OUT MY EYES WITH A PIECE OF BARBED WIRE.

Ok sorry.

Just wanted to try that out.
    It is SO hard to write words without using the shift key and punctuations.

I shall try to remain on topic next time.  :oops:
    [/quote]

No. Totally my fault for wanting to pull out my red pen and mark up the screen. I just can't help myself.

Yeah Mercedes! I think you are so right. The kid just lost his girlfriend and maybe he was hysterical while typing that. That is the way teenagers type these days and they have grown up texting and abbreviating everything. Kids throughout the decades have used language or sayings common to their generation. Think back during the 70's and the crazy slang styles people used then. It is just a sign of the times. This is now the computer age and he wrote a comment to his girlfriend the way he might have written her when she was alive. Speaking to her in the style he and her were accustomed to.

I don't think anyone should pass judgement on someones English skills in a MySpace comment. I mean I don't think that her boyfriend should be graded on his grief entries. I don't think he sent a sympathy card with abbreviations to her parents. Nit picking a grief posting!!??? Have a heart!

*****just read your comment above****I know it's frustrating to see everything abbreviated!!! Put the red pen down and just breathe....LOL!!!!

[quote author=Realone27 link=topic=4741.msg182717#msg182717 date=1171209946]
    Yeah Mercedes! I think you are so right. The kid just lost his girlfriend and maybe he was hysterical while typing that. That is the way teenagers type these days and they have grown up texting and abbreviating everything. Kids throughout the decades have used language or sayings common to their generation. Think back during the 70's and the crazy slang styles people used then. It is just a sign of the times. This is now the computer age and he wrote a comment to his girlfriend the way he might have written her when she was alive. Speaking to her in the style he and her were accustomed to.

I don't think anyone should pass judgement on someones English skills in a MySpace comment he is writing to his friend/girlfriend the way he may have always done. I mean I don't think that the kid should be graded on his grief entries. I don't think he sent a sympathy card with abbreviations to her parents. Nit picking a grief posting!!??? Have a heart!
    [/quote]

I haven't nit picked his grief posting.
    I have mentioned nothing about his grief posting, i was simply having a conversation with someone else regarding grammar.
    So I hope you aren't referring to me with your above statement.  :-)

I hate using LOL by the way! Just wanted to let you know I completely understand what you mean. My comment wasn't meant to be harsh, because I thought the same thing when I say her boyfriend's comment to her. However I just sorta wrote it off as a sign of the times. Off Topic sorta: I can't stand slang that is like RAP lyrics - Like "Dang I be wantn yall to be my boyz or ROLFLMAO- It took me hours to get through a page once and I wanted to scream. The other thing I can't stand is how a 17 year old high school graduate (not Kiara or her boyfriend) can not even spell check a blog!!! I see so many mis spellings it makes me sick to think that some hi- skool  let them out into the world that way!

No not about you. I should have referenced quote from other person that was a little harsh about it. I just caught the end of your conversation. I totally agree with you on your grammer gripes. I am new here and forget to hit the quote button. Iam one of those un savvy computer users, embarrassed to admit it. 

[/quote]

This was the post that was a little harsh. Sorry Tarren no disrespect to you at all. This person called him a retard and I thought that was a little low.

Thread Information