Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs ask: A place for your questions

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

Re: Noobs ask: A place for your questions

There isn't a thread on her, as for an article? I don't know. I didnt find any..Here's the wiki on her :  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Riley

Yeah Dec 2006.

Not exactly sure but it is listed in the Boston Ledger as a "overdose" or pneumonia.

I was watching "in Session" and her father is on trial but this is the first time I had heard of the case. I had asked this on a different thread b4 I saw this one....but when I put it in the top right search....it doesn't show me it on mds...Just was trying to figure out how you can tell a 2 year old is bi polar and ADHD???  wanted to know of any history since it was 4 years ago and evidently Mother has all ready been tried.

Thanks for your help.

[quote author=foreveryoung link=topic=26868.msg1719243#msg1719243 date=1285001542]
    Yeah Dec 2006.

Not exactly sure but it is listed in the Boston Ledger as a "overdose" or pneumonia.

I was watching "in Session" and her father is on trial but this is the first time I had heard of the case. I had asked this on a different thread b4 I saw this one....but when I put it in the top right search....it doesn't show me it on mds...Just was trying to figure out how you can tell a 2 year old is bi polar and ADHD???  wanted to know of any history since it was 4 years ago and evidently Mother has all ready been tried.

Thanks for your help.
    [/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's here somewhere because I remember discussion about exactly that question.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I was watching the grandmother's testimony on In Session the other day.

The woman that did the autopsy said that it was because Rebecca took cold medication with the prescription.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

[quote author=Seraphim link=topic=26868.msg1719240#msg1719240 date=1285001400]
    There isn't a thread on her, as for an article? I don't know. I didnt find any..Here's the wiki on her :  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_Riley
    [/quote][quote author=verysad2see link=topic=26868.msg1719236#msg1719236 date=1285001215]
    I don't know the last time that Mike audited the site or how carefully google indexes mds, but "Rebecca Riley" did not turn up in the overall search. How did the police bill it, suicide by overdose or murder?
    [/quote]

Quoted for emphasis.

[quote author=foreveryoung link=topic=26868.msg1719243#msg1719243 date=1285001542]
    Yeah Dec 2006.

Thanks for your help.
    [/quote]

I might have been talking about the other thread, 4 year old dies in bedroom next to father? Thought it was the same one due to the ADHD angle.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26868.msg1719245#msg1719245 date=1285001632]
    I'm pretty sure it's here somewhere because I remember discussion about exactly that question.
    [/quote]

I don't remember that discussion. I'd like to read it. She was TWO when she was diagnosed? All two year olds are terrible.

This whole case baffles me. If the parents are being charged with giving her the medication that a doctor prescribed, is the doctor at all accountable for this?  

Mom has already been convicted. From the link Seraphim posted:

On February 9, 2010, Carolyn Riley was found guilty of second degree murder in the death of her daughter and was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 15 years. Michael is scheduled for trial beginning March 8, 2010.

She supposedly had pneumonia but..WHAT DR can say that a 2 yr old is bi polar. I think that unfortunately "the village" failed this little girl... My daughter was diagnosed when she was a teen and I didn't believe that then.  She is 21 now and her Dr says that Bi Polar is the "new thing" it doesn't usually show up until you are an adult....and it is just as bad as having all the kids on ADHD meds 10 years ago.  Every kid that acted a little wild they where ADHD...IMO.

I might have been talking about the other thread, 4 year old dies in bedroom next to father? Thought it was the same one due to the ADHD angle.

she did die next to her parent's on the floor. 

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=26868.msg1719249#msg1719249 date=1285002149]

I don't remember that discussion. I'd like to read it. She was TWO when she was diagnosed? All two year olds are terrible.

This whole case baffles me. If the parents are being charged with giving her the medication that a doctor prescribed, is the doctor at all accountable for this?  

Mom has already been convicted. From the link Seraphim posted:

On February 9, 2010, Carolyn Riley was found guilty of second degree murder in the death of her daughter and was sentenced to life in prison with the possibility of parole in 15 years. Michael is scheduled for trial beginning March 8, 2010.
    [/quote]

I thought they didn't give it as directed, though.

[quote author=foreveryoung link=topic=26868.msg1719250#msg1719250 date=1285002274]
    She supposedly had pneumonia but..WHAT DR can say that a 2 yr old is bi polar. I think that unfortunately "the village" failed this little girl... My daughter was diagnosed when she was a teen and I didn't believe that then.  She is 21 now and her Dr says that Bi Polar is the "new thing" it doesn't usually show up until you are an adult....and it is just as bad as having all the kids on ADHD meds 10 years ago.  Every kid that acted a little wild they where ADHD...IMO.

she did die next to her parent's on the floor. 

[/quote]

Didn't the parents repeatedly bring her in complaining about her behavior? I was watching this last week and have already forgotten details.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26868.msg1719251#msg1719251 date=1285002313]
    I thought they didn't give it as directed, though.
    [/quote]

From watching gramma's testimony the other day, she said mom was VERY organized and meticulous about making sure the correct does was given out. The impression I got from watching her, and the coroner, was that what made it fatal was mixing it with the OTC cough syrup. I could very well be wrong, I haven't watched/read enough on this.

I did look at the wiki page.  That kid was on a LOT of drugs.

There was  a nurse just testifying and Rebecca and her sister(not sure of her name right now) were both prescribed over 1000 pills for 1 year.  That is A LOT of pills for a 4 year old.  I mean my son is ADHD and he doesn't take that much and he is 16 and 6'4".  I know that she didn't need that much plus there were other things that she was taking.  I think the DR should also be found negligent.  Lose their license or be suspended or something......I don't know about Boston....But here in Delaware they will not give a child ADHD meds until they go to school and a form is done by his teacher and one by the parent.

If a child is diagnosed like this one was, do they get social security benefits? I am trying to figure out where the whole social security check fits in.

Also, if the parents WERE getting ss benefits, why would they kill their cash cow?

The social worker is speaking on In Session now.

[quote author=foreveryoung link=topic=26868.msg1719256#msg1719256 date=1285002946]
    There was  a nurse just testifying and Rebecca and her sister(not sure of her name right now) were both prescribed over 1000 pills for 1 year.  That is A LOT of pills for a 4 year old.  I mean my son is ADHD and he doesn't take that much and he is 16 and 6'4".  I know that she didn't need that much plus there were other things that she was taking.  I think the DR should also be found negligent.  Lose their license or be suspended or something......I don't know about Boston....But here in Delaware they will not give a child ADHD meds until they go to school and a form is done by his teacher and one by the parent.

[/quote]

I have a boatload of kids, and I don't trust doctors. AT. ALL.

My oldest had a grand mal seizure when he was 16. He was subsequently diagnosed with epilepsy, and prescribed Depakote. He went from being a student that got an award from congress in science to a kid that couldn't get out of bed on that Depakote shit. He said he felt like he was trying to claw his way out from under a wool blanket.

It seems to me that Depakote was the least of little Rebecca's problems.
    Police reports state she was taking 750 milligrams a day of Depakote, 200 milligrams a day of Seroquel, and .35 milligrams a day of Clonidine. Rebecca had been taking the drugs since the age of two for bipolar disorder and ADHD, diagnosed by psychiatrist Kayoko Kifuji of the Tufts-New England Medical Center.

I just found this on "World of Phycology"

Of no particular surprise to anyone, on April 3 attorneys representing Rebecca Riley’s estate filed a lawsuit against the psychiatrist and Tufts Medical Center, where the psychiatrist practiced. Rebecca Riley, if you’ll remember, was the 4-year-old who died from an overdose of psychiatric drugs. The lawsuit was filed by a court-appointed guardian overseeing Riley’s estate, on behalf of Rebecca (for the pain and suffering she endured before her death) and Rebecca’s brother and sister. Riley’s parents are awaiting trial on second-degree murder charges related to their daughter’s death.

The psychiatrist who oversaw Rebecca’s care, Dr. Kayoko Kifuji, wasn’t fired, but has stopped seeing patients:

I have 4 kids and 3 grand kids.....my gs was diagnosed with epilepsy and was on meds for 2 years and out grew it.....But I also am not a big believe the DR theory b/c I have been misdiagnosed for things in the past...

They evidently had 2 other kids (6 and 11)they also were prescribed meds so they would be quiet.

It just makes me sad that no one stepped up to help them.....

RIP Rebecca  :-(

[quote author=foreveryoung link=topic=26868.msg1719273#msg1719273 date=1285004796]
    I just found this on "World of Phycology"

Of no particular surprise to anyone, on April 3 attorneys representing Rebecca Riley’s estate filed a lawsuit against the psychiatrist and Tufts Medical Center, where the psychiatrist practiced. Rebecca Riley, if you’ll remember, was the 4-year-old who died from an overdose of psychiatric drugs. The lawsuit was filed by a court-appointed guardian overseeing Riley’s estate, on behalf of Rebecca (for the pain and suffering she endured before her death) and Rebecca’s brother and sister. Riley’s parents are awaiting trial on second-degree murder charges related to their daughter’s death.

The psychiatrist who oversaw Rebecca’s care, Dr. Kayoko Kifuji, wasn’t fired, but has stopped seeing patients:

I have 4 kids and 3 grand kids.....my gs was diagnosed with epilepsy and was on meds for 2 years and out grew it.....But I also am not a big believe the DR theory b/c I have been misdiagnosed for things in the past...

They evidently had 2 other kids (6 and 11)they also were prescribed meds so they would be quiet.

It just makes me sad that no one stepped up to help them.....

RIP Rebecca  :-(
    [/quote]

You guys should start a Rebbecca Riley thread.

I don't know how to start a thread. sorry  :-(  Thought I would put it out there b/c I didn't know if I wasn't searching right. 

[quote author=foreveryoung link=topic=26868.msg1719318#msg1719318 date=1285010955]
    I don't know how to start a thread. sorry  :-(  Thought I would put it out there b/c I didn't know if I wasn't searching right.   
    [/quote]

Just go to non MDS deaths and click on start new topic. Since search is broken many topics get duplicated and a MOD can merge the threads so it's not a big deal. Welcome to MDS.

When I read a new article in the archives that has no comment on, I click the 'Add a Comment' link but it takes me to the main page instead of the article mentioned, in fact I can't find the article about Rachel Wattenberger anywhere? Is this because I don't have access yet or is it a secret forum trick to tell me to STFU???  :-)

[quote author=iusedtobenormal link=topic=26868.msg1720509#msg1720509 date=1285143539]
    When I read a new article in the archives that has no comment on, I click the 'Add a Comment' link but it takes me to the main page instead of the article mentioned, in fact I can't find the article about Rachel Wattenberger anywhere? Is this because I don't have access yet or is it a secret forum trick to tell me to STFU???  :-)
    [/quote]

It brings you into the forum because there is no article thread on here.  The ones that are under discussion here were created by members.  You can start a thread - just make sure to read over the starting a thread topic first so you avoid any noob pitfalls.  I will make a thread for Rachel if you'd like me to.  Just let me know.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Okay, thanks, I'd appreciate that, I couldn't be stuffed reading over the Starting A New Thread rules at the moment so I'm safest leaving it to those who know how.  :-D It's no major update, just that the identity of the guy who shot and murdered her has been released since the article was published.

Hi Ya'll,

this is probably a retarded question, but hey, I've got nothing to lose, (particularly brain cells!!!  :lol:)
    can someone please tell me how to delelte my account? I could see the function anywhere, even though it's probably right in front of me.

[quote author=iusedtobenormal link=topic=26868.msg1723972#msg1723972 date=1285641567]
    Hi Ya'll,

this is probably a retarded question, but hey, I've got nothing to lose, (particularly brain cells!!!  :lol:)
    can someone please tell me how to delelte my account? I could see the function anywhere, even though it's probably right in front of me.
    [/quote]

Can't be done. Next!

how do i upload pics? i'm tech semi-ignorant....sadly..... :2sad:

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26868.msg1723977#msg1723977 date=1285641790]
    Can't be done. Next!
    [/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! LET ME THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=giasgurl1222 link=topic=26868.msg1723979#msg1723979 date=1285641930]
    how do i upload pics? i'm tech semi-ignorant....sadly..... :2sad:
    [/quote]

I've never uploaded a pic here. I put mine on photobucket then post them here. So I can't help you. Sorry.  :-)

Thread Information