Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs ask: A place for your questions

I've seen ppl mention 'rep' but how do you give it & how do you know if you've gotten it. Also,what is it for. Ty!
    Last edited by Lily Rivers; 08-10-2016 at 05:26 AM.

There's a little star/badge looking thing underneath people's names and all that. And you know you have it when you have a (1) for notification...unless you're on on a phone, then I don't know anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Is there a way to keep up w threads you've made besides the reminders you get if someone posts on it? I have a bad memory bc of my throid disease & want make sure I update what I post. TY!
    What screws us up most in life,is the picture in our heads of how it's supposed to be..

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    Is there a way to keep up w threads you've made besides the reminders you get if someone posts on it? I have a bad memory bc of my throid disease & want make sure I update what I post. TY!
    If you go on your profile page, and you can see all your 'friends' posts ad updates, you can filter it to just you, and go back through all your posts that way? If that makes sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

Ok so I'm a noob and I've been trying how to figure out how to post correctly but it's been a total fail. Is there a specific order in which to post the link, article etc? Sorry, I've been lurking for years but have never actually joined any forum I'm completely clueless. What's the difference between posting a "quick reply" and "go advanced" ?

Quote Originally Posted by MexMe View Post
    Ok so I'm a noob and I've been trying how to figure out how to post correctly but it's been a total fail. Is there a specific order in which to post the link, article etc? Sorry, I've been lurking for years but have never actually joined any forum I'm completely clueless. What's the difference between posting a "quick reply" and "go advanced" ?
    Go advanced just gives you a larger command pallet to select smileys from/options like 'strike through'.

If you are linking something, just post it with some explanation as to what and why.

Thank you !!

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar
    I can't figure out how to do anything via mobile...lmao. I just want to change my profile! Help meeeee

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kateisgr3at View Post
    I can't figure out how to do anything via mobile...lmao. I just want to change my profile! Help meeeee
    If you have the option, choose the desktop version on your phone. The mobile sucks. What model phone do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    If you have the option, choose the desktop version on your phone. The mobile sucks. What model phone do you have?
    On iPhone that doesn't do anything sadly - jump on a PC/laptop !

Here's the link that usually works to switch you to desktop version

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/forum.php?styleid=1
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    Here's the link that usually works to switch you to desktop version

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/forum.php?styleid=1
    You rock. I was wondering where to find that. Maybe it should be put in to a sticky thread so it's easy to find when we need it.

Fan of the Underdog kateisgr3at's Avatar
    The link worked! Thanks guys!!
    Balls.

Quote Originally Posted by kateisgr3at View Post
    The link worked! Thanks guys!!
    Great news!

What kind of deaths should be submitted under "Submit a Death"?
    Only reasonably current deaths or does this include those from a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by mdcastle View Post
    What kind of deaths should be submitted under "Submit a Death"?
    Only reasonably current deaths or does this include those from a few years back?
    I believe you can submit any death. The newer ones may be talked about more in the forum, but it will still go into the archive.

Are there certain kinds of deaths they like to or don't like to do articles about, or do they need any information beyond the Facebook link and a news article? Does it sometimes take a while for them to write an article if the death isn't recently in the news?

Are there certain kinds of deaths they like to or don't like to do articles about, or do they need any information beyond the Facebook link and a news article? Does it sometimes take a while for them to write an article if the death isn't recently in the news?
    The more info the better - an article helps, or info from ME/family about cause. Links to their social media are important (obviously, that's how this started), but we do have a section for those without social media also. Might go up faster if it's particularly horrific, interesting or sad (they're all sad, but I mean the saddest cases like a baby etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    gangsta rap does not help the youth
    Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    DONT MAKE ME FUCK YOUR BITCH THAT PUSSY POPPIN

We do articles about all deaths. To be honest though, I do try to post the interesting ones pretty quick and leave ones like auto accidents etc for when I am doing a mass add of deaths.

We get a lot of submissions, plus the ones we find on the forum. I try to add at least 3-4 deaths per day and often future-date them for release. Right now, I have deaths in the system that will be released up until early May. Rest assured, if you submit a death it will pop up sooner or later. It can take anywhere from 1 min to 10 mins to add each death if I need to find more info etc.

The info we need to make an article is a social media link and some supporting info - this can be a news article, obituary or even FB comments if the death is obscure. We need their age, death date and cause of death as basic info. Obviously, we prefer proper sources but we work with what we have.
    Last edited by Olivia; 04-05-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Hi. I was trying to use the search function but it says I don't have permission. Is there a post/rep requirement I need to reach first?

Quote Originally Posted by SmithJ1801 View Post
    Hi. I was trying to use the search function but it says I don't have permission. Is there a post/rep requirement I need to reach first?
    Are you sure you were logged in? You should be able to search if you are a member.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Are you sure you were logged in? You should be able to search if you are a member.
    Yep. Just tried again and same result. Plus the notice I get states: "SmithJ1801, you do not have permission to access this page."

Yep. Just tried again and same result. Plus the notice I get states: "SmithJ1801, you do not have permission to access this page."
    If it is an article just posted, it may only be available to preemies right now.

When searching, I find it easier to just google search the name I am looking for and type "mydeathspace" after it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Is there a certain thread you are looking for? I may be able to find it for you.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I tried changing your status from unverified to verified to see if that would help but I'm not sure I can do it without an administrator.

Thread Information