Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethany Storro (28) admitted her claim of being attacked by acid was a hoax

Re: Bethany Storro (28) admitted her claim of being attacked by acid was a hoax

I really hope the truth comes out.  If she did this herself, and it is sounding more and more like she did, she deserves all that will come her way!!

mydeathspace

I hope Oprah's people catch wind of the conspiracy before the show. It would be great for Oprah to call this chick out on television.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=26771.msg1712377#msg1712377 date=1284143706]
    I hope Oprah's people catch wind of the conspiracy before the show. It would be great for Oprah to call this chick out on television.
    [/quote]

I would like to see Oprah totally embrace this girl, garner public sympathy and outrage for her then it come out that Oprah backed another fraud..I would LOVE that!

mydeathspace

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=26771.msg1712420#msg1712420 date=1284146788]
    I would like to see Oprah totally embrace this girl, garner public sympathy and outrage for her then it come out that Oprah backed another fraud..I would LOVE that!
    [/quote]

I like where your mind is at!

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=26771.msg1712430#msg1712430 date=1284147581]
    I like where your mind is at!
    [/quote]

looks like she may have started to worry about that as well...seems like she thought no one would ever question such a "vicious" attack.

http://www.vanvoice.com/blogentry/21...rah+appearance

"A message posted yesterday on Storro's Facebook page reads:

So... things have changed. AND IT'S OKAY. Sometimes there is a reason (most of the time there is)... I was going to be on Oprah, but not going to happen! From the very beginning I wanted to inspire people (hope I have) and tell them about Jesus. The show was going to possibly turn into another direction, so my family and I decided not to go on. I hope you understand and will still check in on me :)

I just want everyone to know how thankful I am for the support and concern, and mostly prayers. We are not going to comment on the recent article or statements made. And dear friends, you don't have to defend me. It's ok. The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want... read Psalm 23. I want to bring joy, faith, and hope... that's it! :)"

[quote author=rosebuddy link=topic=26771.msg1712456#msg1712456 date=1284150298]
    looks like she may have started to worry about that as well...seems like she thought no one would ever question such a "vicious" attack.

[/quote]

There goes my plans for an expose! 

mydeathspace

[quote author=rosebuddy link=topic=26771.msg1712456#msg1712456 date=1284150298]

[/quote]

It's always the religious ones who are the craziest!

:-o  What if that had been the plan all along?  To bring people to the Lord through her 'Sunglasses Miracle' and glory to God and all that????  Though her nose did seem to get the most burn damage...

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

[quote author=poppy213 link=topic=26771.msg1712522#msg1712522 date=1284159865]
    :-o  What if that had been the plan all along?  To bring people to the Lord through her 'Sunglasses Miracle' and glory to God and all that????  Though her nose did seem to get the most burn damage...
    [/quote]

I've never had acid thrown in my face. My god is better than her god.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=26771.msg1712420#msg1712420 date=1284146788]
    [/quote]
    :2sad:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26771.msg1712534#msg1712534 date=1284161791]
    :2sad:
    [/quote]

After reading that article about the questions about the attack the chick sounds like a fraud. Also her FB is now a dead link I guess she realized people were onto her.

[quote author=browneyes106 link=topic=26771.msg1713919#msg1713919 date=1284359641]
    After reading that article about the questions about the attack the chick sounds like a fraud. Also her FB is now a dead link I guess she realized people were onto her.
    [/quote]
    I think it is still up in the air if she is fraud. Her facebook still works for me.  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...35&ref=sgm

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

[quote author=poppy213 link=topic=26771.msg1713924#msg1713924 date=1284364440]
    I think it is still up in the air if she is fraud. Her facebook still works for me.  http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...35&ref=sgm
    [/quote]

Her wall is private now.  :x
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

^That must have been the dead link I hit. She probably made her wall private because people could be questioning her. I did the see model that was mentioned earlier in the thread on an episode of 20/20 last year. I think in Bethany's case there is a possibiltiy that she was attacked but I still think a lot of things  seem off. I'll try to remember to watch Oprah this Wednesday.

[quote author=browneyes106 link=topic=26771.msg1713959#msg1713959 date=1284389981]
    ^That must have been the dead link I hit. She probably made her wall private because people could be questioning her. I did the see model that was mentioned earlier in the thread on an episode of 20/20 last year. I think in Bethany's case there is a possibiltiy that she was attacked but I still think a lot of things  seem off. I'll try to remember to watch Oprah this Wednesday.
    [/quote]

I thought she backed out of doing Oprah..

[quote author=holly link=topic=26771.msg1713960#msg1713960 date=1284390050]
    I thought she backed out of doing Oprah..
    [/quote]

Last I heard she did.

Senior Member DarknessDestitute's Avatar

I was 50/50 on whether this was fraud or not.  After watching this clip and reading this article though, I doubt so many family and friends would be on her side. Most people that are capable to do something to this extent for fame or a possible nose job (oh, I feel bad for saying that....we were all thinking it though!), would have occurances in the past that would be suspicious to those that know her. You can view the video clip by clicking the link below the article.

Acid Victim Bethany Storro's Ex-Mom-in-Law Denies She Could Have Faked Attack
    Rumors of Acid Hoax Grow as Bethany Storro Cancels 'Oprah' Appearance

The former mother-in-law of the woman who claims she was the victim of an acid attack rejected reports that Bethany Storro threw acid in her own face.

Reports in several news outlets suggested that Bethany Storro may had made up the attack. The speculation took on increased prominence after the 28-year-old canceled a scheduled appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show." Storro was slated to be on "Oprah" Thursday.

Storro's former in-law Pamela Storro came to her defense today, calling the allegations that the attack was fabricated "insane."

"There is no way ever that she would do anything like this," said Pamela Storro. She said the suggestion that Bethany Storro could have thrown the acid in her own face is "as hideous as the crime itself." On a post on her Facebook page on Friday, which has since been removed, Storro wrote that while she had originally wanted to appear on the show to "inspire people and tell them about Jesus," she changed her mind.

"The show was going to possibly turn into another direction, so my family and I decided not to go on," she wrote. "I hope you understand and will still check in on me."

A spokeswoman for Winfrey's show confirmed to ABCNews.com that Storro had canceled her appearance during which she was expected to speak about "her account of being attacked and scarred with acid." No reason for the cancelation was given by the show.

The Vancouver Police Department has been looking into Storro's acid attack for nearly two weeks. No arrests have been made so far.

Storro's decision to pull out of the Oprah interview came just a day after several media reports suggesting that the acid attack that garnered her national media attention might have been intentional.

The Columbian newspaper reported on the speculation that there might be more to Storro's story, saying that one of their own commenter's claimed that Storro has claimed she'd been the victim of a "similar, earlier attack by another woman in another state."

The police department in Priest River, Idaho, where Storro lived until last year, told ABCNews.com that no crime had ever been reported by Storro.

And a Vancouver Voice reporter wrote about visiting the park where Storro was attacked and spoke to witnesses – homeless people who identified themselves only by their street names – who told him that Storro was "clearly alone when she dropped to the ground screaming."

The Vancouver Police Department declined to comment on any of the rumors, saying only that the investigation is ongoing.

Pamela Storro remains convinced that her former daughter-in-law is not one to make up such a "tragic incident."

"She's not one to want attention," she said. "She's a lovely young woman and it's tragic what has happened."

Pamela Storro said that her son Travis met Storro at church in Priest River and had married shortly after. Six years later the couple divorced, a split that Pamela Storro said was amicable and was simply the product of marrying too young. The couple did not have any children.

She and Travis were still close, and he had visited her in the hospital as recently as last week, said Pamela Storro.

Despite being left partially deaf after contracting meningitides when she was 2, Storro – whose friends refer to as "Beese" – was "playful and funny," said Pamela Storro.

"It's insane to say anyone would ever make such an accusation," she said. "It's such a complete stretch of anyone's imagination."

Storro, with her entire face bandaged, spoke about the attack just hours after undergoing surgery for her acid-splattered face.

"Once [the acid] hit me I could actually hear it bubbling and sizzling my skin," she said. "It was the most painful thing."

"A woman approached her and said, 'Hey pretty girl,' and she turned around and she asked if she wanted something to drink, and my daughter said, 'No,'" Storro's mother, Nancy Neuwelt told reporters.

Storro and her doctors have credited a pair of sunglasses that she purchased just moments before the attack for preventing blindness.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/acid-attack...901&page=1

It was a self inflicted hoax. The police department just had a press release.

We had her figured right out huh?

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=26771.msg1716353#msg1716353 date=1284678508]
    We had her figured right out huh?
    [/quote]

Yep. :lol:

They are covering it on JVM right now.

Police: Acid Attack A Hoax
    Posted: 3:10 pm PDT September 16, 2010
    Updated: 4:05 pm PDT September 16, 2010

VANCOUVER, Wash. -- The acid attack on a 28-year-old Vancouver, Wash. woman was self-inflicted, police say.

Vancouver Police Chief Clifford Cook said discrepancies in the victim's story led investigators to obtain a search warrant, seize evidence and interview the woman. She admitted the attack was self-inflicted.

The woman, Bethany Storro, appeared at a news conference at Legacy Emanuel Hospital in Portland two weeks ago to talk about her injuries and what she described as an attack by an unknown woman.

She told reporters that her attacker threw acid onto her face after saying: "Hey, pretty girl, do you want to drink this?"

Storro said she went from celebrating her new job and her recent move to Washington state from Idaho, to agonizing pain as the skin on her face bubbled and sizzled and portions of her blouse disintegrated.

Police did not reveal a motive for the hoax.

Senior Member DarknessDestitute's Avatar

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=26771.msg1716349#msg1716349 date=1284678327]
    It was a self inflicted hoax. The police department just had a press release.
    [/quote]

WHAT!? :2angry: I am mad that I was sticking up for her a few posts above. I am sure her family and friends are more upset about this though than I. Wow...of all ways to get attention.  :roll:

[quote author=DarknessDestitute link=topic=26771.msg1716364#msg1716364 date=1284678948]

WHAT!? :2angry: I am mad that I was sticking up for her a few posts above. I am sure her family and friends are more upset about this though than I. Wow...of all ways to get attention.  :roll:
    [/quote]

She may get charged, too.

Thread Information