Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Bethany Storro (28) admitted her claim of being attacked by acid was a hoax

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

Re: Bethany Storro (28) admitted her claim of being attacked by acid was a hoax

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26771.msg1725700#msg1725700 date=1285820053]
    Isn't she just goofy and not really understanding what's going on? :lol:
    [/quote]I think she understands but maybe thinks of it sorta like this:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26771.msg1725700#msg1725700 date=1285820053]
    Isn't she just goofy and not really understanding what's going on? :lol:
    [/quote]

psh.  this ho knew exactly what she was doing. and she tried to hide behind the whole *jesus is my saviour* bullshit.  she wanted to raise money to fix her ugly fucking face.  i hope she gets necrotizing faciitis and her ugly mug falls off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=26771.msg1725671#msg1725671 date=1285816303]
    so she pled not guilty but fessed up about what she did.......why is she pleading not guilty? i dont think i understand.

i wonder if they are going to go for some kind of mentally unstable type of defense an what are thy charging her with anyways?  i dont think i saw it. 
    [/quote]

She is going to hold out to pleading guilty on her next attempt.  You know the one where she will remove nail polish and when it doesn't kill her she will run screaming down the street and ask for hand outs, then fess up and plead guilty.  This woman is batshit borderline retarded.

There was an update in April:

A woman who threw acid in her own face and blamed it on an unidentified stranger was ordered to pay a fine and seek mental health treatment after pleading guilty to lying to cops.

Bethany Storro, a 28-year-old supermarket clerk for Vancouver, Wash., will pay a $500 fine, $4,000 in restitution and serve 240 hours of community service.

"I am genuinely and deeply sorry, I am getting the help I need," said Storro, who was wearing a plastic medical mask over her scarred face.

Storrro claimed last year that a woman she did not know threw a cup of acid at her, burning the skin all over her face.

After reporting the attack on Aug. 30, she received nearly $28,000 in donations, some of which she spent on clothes, train tickets and dinners for her parents, police said.

Police soon became suspicious after comparing photos of Storro to other acid attack victims
    She later confessed to wiping her face with drain cleaner for hours before claiming she was attacked, cops said.

The hoax was initially a suicide attempt that later turned into an opportunity to get cosmetic surgery, police said.

She was originally charged with theft, but those charges were dropped when she returned the $28,000.

"It is a very sad situation," Clark County Superior Court Judge John Nichols said during sentencing.
    http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011...smetic-surgery

In today's local paper:

Storro: "In the mirror, I saw a 'monster'"

In TV interview, perpetrator of Vancouver acid hoax explains how mental illness led her to harm herself

A troubled young Vancouver woman, who attracted national attention after she purposefully damaged her face with drain cleaner, then concocted a story about being attacked, appeared Monday on ABC News' "Good Morning America" in her first broadcast interview since the 2010 incident.

Bethany Storro, 30, discussed the then-undiagnosed mental illness, body dysmorphic disorder, that drove her to disfigure herself on Aug. 30, 2010.

"In the mirror, I saw a distorted monster," she told ABC News' Abbie Boudreau. "It was, like, my eyes were gouging out, my face was just, it was just terrible."

The disorder causes obsessive thoughts about perceived, and not necessarily real, physical flaws.

Storro also is expected to appear on ABC's "20/20" program on a thus far unannounced date.

She and co-author Mona Krueger of Portland released a book about Storro's experience, "Facing the Truth," on Amazon earlier this month. The Columbian has repeatedly requested an interview with Storro since its release.

Storro has said her chronic dissatisfaction with her looks may have contributed to frequent bouts of depression. The depression contributed to her decision to divorce her husband in November 2009 in Idaho, she said in a September 2010 audio-recorded interview with investigators. She said she regretted the divorce after she realized her husband hadn't caused her unhappiness. The combination of mental health issues and their consequences made her want to end her life, she said. She was not taking any mental health medications when she tried to commit suicide, she told investigators.

She chose drain cleaner to kill herself because, she said, she had heard that the fumes from the caustic product could kill someone.

"I didn't have it in my mind to blame someone," she told investigators. "but when it happened, I said someone did it to me."

Storro was found later that day sitting on a curb near downtown Vancouver's Esther Short Park, her face burned by the caustic substance. (Some of the ABC News interview was filmed in the park.)

She told police that she had been attacked by a stranger, a black woman who threw a cup of acid on her face. She told ABC News that she enjoyed the attention the story attracted.

"In that moment, I felt I was cared for, and I mattered," she told Boudreau.

She apologized repeatedly during the television interview for lying about what happened.

"I made a mistake, and I hope people will forgive me and give me a chance because I'm a good person," she said.

Detectives were suspicious about her story from the beginning because her burns didn't have a splash pattern; they were shaped like a facial mask that someone had been intentionally applied, according to court records. But it took days of investigation before she admitted to making up the story.

In the meantime, she accepted thousands of dollars in donations from people who wanted to help her.

She initially faced three counts of second-degree theft for spending part of the donations, but those charges were reduced in exchange for her cooperation.

She pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor, through a deferred sentencing agreement, and received a suspended jail sentence for lying to police about being a victim of an attack. That charge was dismissed from her record in March 2012 after she completed the terms of the agreement. One of those terms was to seek inpatient mental health treatment.

She told ABC News that she has become more comfortable and accepting of herself since the incident.

"I'm still the same person but better," she said. "I'm getting better every day."
    http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/f...saw-a-monster/

Comment under the picture above:

There is a video at the article link I posted. It is not compatible with our forum software for me to embed it here.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 02-21-2013 at 04:14 AM. Reason: Fix quote issue
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Comment under the picture above:

hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

lol!

My ex saw her on the bus... Sadly, She didn't laugh in her face like I said she should have. :(

Looks like there may be another one..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ts-attack.html

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    fuck this bitch. no sympathy from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

This story was on yesterday's dr phil with the killer grandma story

Why was she in disguise on Dr. Phil? Her glasses didn't have any lenses in them.

Thread Information