Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bethany Storro (28) admitted her claim of being attacked by acid was a hoax

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Bethany Storro (28) admitted her claim of being attacked by acid was a hoax

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=26771.msg1710811#msg1710811 date=1283965066]
    :lol: Is your crazy/sexy radar going off as you read this??
    [/quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

mydeathspace

The sun didn't set until 8pm on Mon August 30th:

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/calendar.asp?comb_city_info=Vancouver,%20British%2 0Columbia;123;49;-8;1&month=8&year=2010&time_type=0

I usually like to believe the worst in people before the truth is revealed, but many of those comments from the other site are a bit out there. As if wearing sunglasses to get something out of her car is something no one would do. If she just bought them, maybe she didn't want to leave them on a table in Starbucks? (not sure if she was already seated though)

I will entertain the idea of Bethany doing this to herself for a moment. () If she wanted to get rid of that hideous nose, she could have just made an appointment with a plastic surgeon, no need to have "a friend" splash acid in her face.

If she splashed herself with acid and dropped the cup/flask/mason jar (what do you even carry acid around in?) and HER finger prints are on it, this story would be all kinds of crazy.

The part about no acid in her hair or mouth does raise red flags for me along with hearing the attacker call her pretty girl before splashing her in the face.

I like this story more now.  :oops:

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=26771.msg1710823#msg1710823 date=1283966912]

I will entertain the idea of Bethany doing this to herself for a moment. () If she wanted to get rid of that hideous nose, she could have just made an appointment with a plastic surgeon, no need to have "a friend" splash acid in her face.

[/quote]

Her nose is pretty bulbous. :lol: It was the first thing I noticed.

Sunset in Vancouver, WA was at 7:54 pm (I used Portland, OR for the city).

This happened at 7:40 pm - I would have had my new sunglasses perched on top of my head not covering my eyes.  8-)

The Nose:

They did say somewhere that her most extensive injuries were around her nose.

And go get a glass of water and splash it in your face.  You splash it more towards your nose.  I tried this quite scientifically earlier today.  :lol:
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

If she splashed herself with acid, that is special, hard to get crazy. Ron get on that.

mydeathspace

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=26771.msg1710830#msg1710830 date=1283967516]
    Sunset in Vancouver, WA was at 7:54 pm (I used Portland, OR for the city).

This happened at 7:40 pm - I would have had my new sunglasses perched on top of my head not covering my eyes.   8-)

The Nose:

They did say somewhere that her most extensive injuries were around her nose.

And go get a glass of water and splash it in your face.  You splash it more towards your nose.  I tried this quite scientifically earlier today.   :lol:
    [/quote]

I saw two articles that said 7:30 and one that said 7:15. My link said Vancouver's sunset was at 8pm. I'm still saying it's not hard to imagine someone wearing sunglasses at that time of the day. ESPECIALLY large sunglasses purchased to cover "the nose".

Ron, would you pay for rhinoplasty if her crazy was up to par?

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=26771.msg1710835#msg1710835 date=1283967954]
    I saw two articles that said 7:30 and one that said 7:15. My link said Vancouver's sunset was at 8pm. I'm still saying it's not hard to imagine someone wearing sunglasses at that time of the day. ESPECIALLY large sunglasses purchased to cover "the nose".

Ron, would you pay for rhinoplasty if her crazy was up to par?
    [/quote]
    What for? Her nose isn't impressive.

[img width=200]http://ifihavent.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/krs_source1942.jpg[/img]

Wonder if she wore a turtleneck?

I bet she bought Oakley sunglasses like Police, EMTs, etc. wear - the shape is similar and they fit close to your face.

Girly version here:
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

mydeathspace

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=26771.msg1710835#msg1710835 date=1283967954]
    [s]I saw two articles that said 7:30 and one that said 7:15. My link said Vancouver's sunset was at 8pm.[/s]
    [/quote]

There is a Vancouver, BC and a Vancouver/Portland, Oregon? Wow. Learn something new each day! haha.

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=26771.msg1708808#msg1708808 date=1283552746]
    Also, everyone needs to see the movie Crazy Love.

Synopsis: Sixteen years after Linda Riss has acid thrown in her face by Burt Pagach, the couple marry.

http://www.crazylovefilm.com/
    [/quote]

YES!  I remember watching this and being like 

[quote author=Kristinella link=topic=26771.msg1710853#msg1710853 date=1283969366]
    YES!  I remember watching this and being like 
    [/quote]

Sweet!! 

It's raining, hubby's out of town for work - I am gonna Netflix it!  Woot!

Look at her lips.  You can tell with Katie Piper's lips that they were hit.  In the before and after pics, they're a different shape and her philtrum is no longer pronounced.  This chick's look the same...  

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...06-504083.html

Along with the report that no acid got in her mouth, it makes me think she might have curled her lips in and clenched her mouth in preparation...

[quote author=holly link=topic=26771.msg1710856#msg1710856 date=1283969572]
    Look at her lips.  You can tell with Katie Piper's lips that they were hit.  In the before and after pics, they're a different shape and her philtrum is no longer pronounced.  This chick's look the same...  

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...06-504083.html

Along with the report that no acid got in her mouth, it makes me think she might have curled her lips in and clenched her mouth in preparation...

[/quote]

Poor Katie wasn't able to eat for some time because of all the damage to the inside of her mouth/throat.

When I first read this, I kinda rolled my eyes at the "Hey pretty girl" part. 

You know, it never crossed my mind that someone would DO something like this to themselves until I read the last few posts...now I am all  .  Her story is DEF, fishy in a lot of ways.  I HOPE, REALLY hope that she didn't do this to herself, but with the stuff we read on here daily.....I wonder why I DIDN'T think she did it right off the bat....

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=26771.msg1710825#msg1710825 date=1283967153]

Her nose is pretty bulbous.
    [/quote]

Maybe that's what the attacker really said.  Followed by "here this might help".

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=26771.msg1710825#msg1710825 date=1283967153]

Her nose is pretty bulbous. :lol: It was the first thing I noticed.
    [/quote]

Me too. The first time I saw her pic I almost said she was pretty ugly anyway, but controlled the urge.

Maybe she's trying to get a nose job and can't afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26771.msg1710917#msg1710917 date=1283977602]
    Me too. The first time I saw her pic I almost said she was pretty ugly anyway, but controlled the urge.

Maybe she's trying to get a nose job and can't afford it.
    [/quote]

Definitely think you are onto something. She will probably start asking for donations for her nose...uhh i mean face surgery soon.

oh man, she's going big time!

from her fb: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...all&ref=mf

Bethany Storro  New Update: Wed. night. So, it's out... I am going to be on the Oprah Winfrey show next week. It's her first week of airing on her last year. Please pray that I will honor the Lord. (I am quite funny, so I hope that I show that too!!!) My goal: Jesus glorified!
    maybe oprah will pay for her new nose?

[quote author=rosebuddy link=topic=26771.msg1711546#msg1711546 date=1284051214]
    oh man, she's going big time!

from her fb: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...all&ref=mf

maybe oprah will pay for her new nose?
    [/quote]

maybe jesus will
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

[quote author=aphaziak link=topic=26771.msg1711568#msg1711568 date=1284052351]
    maybe jesus will
    [/quote]
    Least he could do. His dad fucked it up in the first place.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26771.msg1711570#msg1711570 date=1284052560]
    Least he could do. His dad fucked it up in the first place.
    [/quote]

:lol: True that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

mydeathspace

My goal: Jesus glorified!

That settles it, she IS insane!

An interesting blog from the 'Vancouver Voice' posted last night:

[size=11pt]Caustic questions surround acid attack[/size]

Sometimes being a journalist requires asking questions one dislikes even thinking. In the case of the nationally infamous acid attack near Esther Short Park, being a thorough journalist meant asking the victim, Bethany Storro, if the attack actually happened in the manner she claims.

Yes, I did an inconceivably asinine act. I asked a young woman freshly out of her face-bandages if the attack that put her in the hospital was the result of a stranger’s violence. And I did it via Facebook’s friend request and message system because it was the only way I have to contact her. As of this post, I haven’t gotten a response.

I don’t feel good about asking her such a pointed question and I expect backlash for doing it. Given the opportunity to do it again, I would try to find a more tactful and discrete manner.

[glow=yellow,2,300]Yet, in the course of my journalistic probe into the matter, I spoke to several people who claimed to have witnessed the incident. Two of them stated Storro was clearly alone when she dropped to the ground screaming. Alone. As in no one attacking her and especially no African-American female being in the area, let alone fleeing the scene after the attack.[/glow]

The two alleged witnesses are members of the park’s homeless crowd and only gave their street names, “Kiddles” and “Rajazz.” Several others in the homeless click at the park made similar accounts of the events of that night. They cited a fear of the police as the reason for not coming forward.

More traditionally members of society have also started to question key details of Storro’s account. A few employees of nearby businesses and one VPD officer also voiced concerns about certain details of Storro's version of events.

Unlike me, the employees and officer are keeping their names and necks safe. Keeping their identities out of print was a required condition for them to discuss the incident with me.

[glow=yellow,2,300]For those that dismiss homeless people as lacking any credibility, remember it was a homeless man that first reached Storro and started to yell for help the night of the incident.[/glow] According to The Columbian, even that good Samaritan denies seeing anyone matching the description Storro gave of her alleged assailant.

Unusual Details

In addition to the lack of any public confirmation of the suspect’s existence, there are a few details of the incident that puzzle me.

First, how clearly could could have Storro heard what her attacker said if she is partially deaf? As media reports have indicated, Storro had spinal meningitis twice when she was young that left her hearing impaired.

Second, if the attack occurred at 7:15 p.m., a few minutes before sunset, and in the shadow of a nearby building; how clearly could Storro have seen her assailant while wearing the now famous sunglasses?

Third, isn’t it a lottery-winner coincidence that Storro bought a pair of sunglasses just in time to protect her eyes from the acid, especially since she stated to the media she doesn't wear sunglasses? And where did she buy those sunglasses again?

Per my standard fact gathering process, I submitted a list of questions to Detective Wallis Stefan, the VPD officer handling the case. I asked about security cameras, possible suspects, key evidence and numerous other details to include if the police were considering at any level if the attack was staged. His response was concise.

“It is an on-going police investigation. No information is released due to this fact,” is all Stefan wrote in his reply.

The officer's response may be prudent, but it makes it impossible to compare the statements of the homeless in the park with the official version of events. According to the Kiddles and Rajazz, the attack occurred on the east side of the Heritage building, just North of Esther Short Park, but even that detail can not be confirmed or refuted without official comment.

The comment section under The Columbian follow-up story printed today also includes comments by the general public questioning the validity of Storro’s story.

Storro could have been the unfortunate victim of an unimaginable crime. I have no irrefutable evidence to the contrary. I just have the questionable accounts of several homeless people and oddities of the incident itself. It is just enough to start asking questions and far from enough to even pretend to know any of the answers.

Susan Smith effect

A few people I spoke to proclaimed disbelief that anyone could engage in a self-inflicted acid attack. I wish such was the case. In reality, people have fabricated assailants for far worse self-inflicted crimes.

In 1994, South Carolina resident Susan Smith claimed she was car-jacked by an African-American male and her two children in the car were kidnapped. After months of national attention, she confessed to having murdered her children and fabricating the car-jacking. She killed her children by pushing her car, with them in it, down a boat ramp to facilitate the inevitable drowning.

Smith later stated she made her make-believe assailant African-American because she thought more people would believe she was attacked by a minority male.

Storro’s assailant being described as African-American has rubbed Clark County’s own racial tensions.

In addition to becoming “I told you so” fodder for the area’s white supremacists , the race component of the attack fueled such excessively inappropriate comments on The Columbian’s website, that the paper deactivated its online comments.

I wonder why Clark County, and the nation, so readily believe an African-American women would randomly attack a Caucasian women with acid, but have trouble even considering a Caucasian woman could stage such a crime. Either option-- random acid attack or fabricated acid attack -- paints a pretty dark picture of the human condition.

A gut wrenching moment

When I first read about the “noxious fluid attack," as it was first called, my gut sickened. Not only because of the barbaric nature of the crime, but because I thought I dropped the ball on an acid reference made in the park days before the attack.

About a week before the incident, I was in Esther Short Park looking into transient related concerns for an online article. I spent the evening interviewing employees of nearby businesses and members of the homeless crowd at the park. During those interviews, a few casual references regarding throwing “battery acid” on a romantic rival was made by a homeless girl.

At the time, the statements seemed free of malice and were dismissed as typical normal drama for the homeless crowd. I thought nothing of the words until the acid attack made the news.

Upon hearing about the attack, I emailed VPD spokesperson Kim Kapp about the acid statements I received and inquired if the suspect or victim were associated with the transient crowd in the park.

Later in the week, I spent most of a day and all of a night tracking down the various members of the homeless regulars at the park to investigate the acid incident. During the course of those interviews is when the alleged witnesses stated Storro was not attacked by another person.

It was after my efforts to locate the homeless crowd that Storro’ description of the alleged assailant was released to the public. It did not match anyone I spoke to or have ever seen in park.

I am neither heartless nor unmoved by the heinous nature of the alleged attack. The incident took place a short walk from my own residence and in an area I consider to be practically my backyard. I responded to news of the incident not as a detached journalist sitting in a poorly lit cubicle in some new age sky-rise; but as a community member who has spent countless hours in the nearby park. Like all the community members, I have questions to how and why this happened.

Maybe the questions can be addressed during Storro’s guest appearance on Oprah next week.

-Marcus Griffith
    http://www.vanvoice.com/blogentry/21370-caustic+questions+surround+acid+attack

:lol: at the last line  (do we have a laughing smiley with sunglasses? Neens?)

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=26771.msg1711909#msg1711909 date=1284078467]
    An interesting blog from the 'Vancouver Voice' posted last night:

http://www.vanvoice.com/blogentry/21370-caustic+questions+surround+acid+attack

:lol: at the last line  (do we have a laughing smiley with sunglasses? Neens?)
    [/quote]

The hairs rose on my neck from the first time I read about the attack.  There was something really off about this story.  You know who this chick reminds me of?  Diane Downs.  Seriously.

She was just way too quick to seek out the attention...too - cheery?  And the words that her 'attacker' allegedly said, 'what a pretty girl'?  No, no no, there's something way off about this whole thing. 

And her mother sounds eerily fake and way too eager to talk to the media as well.  I have to wonder, if this was self multilation for attention, if Mommy Dearest was in on it. (the planning, not the actual attack).

In other words, I am basically repeating what you all have said, because I completely agree.  This did not go down the way she said it did.

Thread Information