Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tonya Page (29) killed in hit and run accident.

Tonya Page (29) killed in hit and run accident.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/08/30/2433719/woman-found-dead-along-airport.html

Woman found dead along Airport Freeway lived in Watauga
    Posted Monday, Aug. 30, 2010  Print  Share Buzz up!Reprints

ramirez@star-telegram.com

A woman found dead along Airport Freeway in Bedford who was a victim of a hit-and-run driver has been identified as Tonya Page of Watauga, Bedford police said Monday.

Page, married and the mother of two young children, was found on the shoulder of the highway near the Brown Trail overpass early Sunday.

Page, 29, died from blunt force trauma to her head from being run over, according to the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office on Monday.

Bedford police continued their search Monday for the motorist who hit her.

“We are conducting interviews and reviewing crime scene photos,” said Bedford police Lt. Kirk Roberts on Monday.

Before she was seen in the area of the highway, Page had been at a Hurst residence about 1:30 a.m. Sunday, Roberts said.

Dispatchers received a report about 2:15 a.m. Sunday of a person lying in the roadway of westbound Airport Freeway.

When officers arrived, they found the woman dead near the Brown Trail overpass.

No identification was found. She was wearing a pair of blue jean shorts over her bathing suit.

Police had information that Page was dropped off near Brown Trail in Bedford.

At 2:08 a.m., a person that matches Page’s description can be seen on a security camera walking south on Brown Trail towards Airport Freeway, police said.

At some point, Page set her purse down on a sidewalk and walked away, according to police, based on the video.

The video shows Page reach a service road and then crossed it before she disappeared from view, police said.

Two young people walked up the purse, picked it up and then walked away, police said.

But police said they still did not know how Page ended up on the highway.

She was hit between 2:08 and 2:15 a.m., police said.

Anyone who may have been at Brown Trail and Airport Freeway in Bedford at that time or with information should call Bedford police at 817-952-2127.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/08/30/2433719/woman-found-dead-along-airport.html#ixzz0y87U714b

Re: Tonya Page (29) killed in hit and run accident.

They just showed video of her walking by the freeway before she was hit. For some reason, she put her purse down. 2 people then came and took the purse. That is so strange. The police want to talk to the 2 who took the purse. Why in the world would she put her purse down while walking around at 2 am??

The whole purse things says drug transaction to me. I never heard of that before and thats not how they do it in my neck of the woods but thats the first thing I thought of when i heard that.
    I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.

I know you really can't tell by her picture, but she just doesn't look the type for that. I'm thinking maybe she was drugged at the party she came from. Ladies just don't put their purses down next to a freeway.

[quote author=debwillia link=topic=26756.msg1706140#msg1706140 date=1283210155]
    I know you really can't tell by her picture, but she just doesn't look the type for that. I'm thinking maybe she was drugged at the party she came from. Ladies just don't put their purses down next to a freeway.
    [/quote]

:lol:

Just because she's innocent and sweet looking doesn't mean she's "not the type". I would know. :2shocked:

Not saying she definitely was, but... you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

[quote author=debwillia link=topic=26756.msg1706121#msg1706121 date=1283206811]
    They just showed video of her walking by the freeway before she was hit. For some reason, she put her purse down. 2 people then came and took the purse. That is so strange. The police want to talk to the 2 who took the purse. Why in the world would she put her purse down while walking around at 2 am??
    [/quote]

The first thing to pop to my mind was that the two people had said something along the lines of "Put the purse down and keep walking, and we won't hurt you." Similar things used to happen where I used to live. Most people were too scared to refuse.

That makes more sense. This isn't the greatest part of town to be out walking at 2 am.

Any one familiar with this area?  How far is the highway from the service road?
    The article makes it sound like she must have been picked up by someone to be able to get to the highway from the service road in the allotted amount of time.

[quote author=berryblu link=topic=26756.msg1706180#msg1706180 date=1283213136]
    Any one familiar with this area?  How far is the highway from the service road?
    The article makes it sound like she must have been picked up by someone to be able to get to the highway from the service road in the allotted amount of time.
    [/quote]

I am, no the service road and highway are about 25 feet or so but there is a somewhat steep embankment.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=32.840574,-97.159644&num=1&t=h&sll=32.827132,-97.163593&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&hl=en&amp ;ie=UTF8&ll=32.840455,-97.159702&spn=0.000865,0.002064&z=20&i wloc=near

When officers arrived, they found the woman dead near the Brown Trail overpass.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/08/30/2433719/woman-found-dead-along-airport.html#ixzz0yBuhr9iN

This is an odd story. What is weird is that I drove on this highway the following morning.  :2thescream:

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=26766.msg1706462#msg1706462 date=1283261450]
    Woman found dead along Airport Freeway lived in Watauga

Police had information that Page was dropped off near Brown Trail in Bedford.

At 2:08 a.m., a person that matches Page’s description can be seen on a security camera walking south on Brown Trail towards Airport Freeway, police said.

At some point, Page set her purse down on a sidewalk and walked away, according to police, based on the video.

The video shows Page reach a service road and then crossed it before she disappeared from view, police said.

Two young people walked up the purse, picked it up and then walked away, police said.

But police said they still did not know how Page ended up on the highway.

She was hit between 2:08 and 2:15 a.m., police said.

Read more: http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/08/30/2433719/woman-found-dead-along-airport.html#ixzz0yBpDytTW

he Bedford Police Department has not identified the driver of the vehicle that struck Ms Page, and is asking for the public’s help. Anyone who may have been driving along Airport Freeway around 2:10 to 2:15 AM Sunday Morning (August 29, 2010) would please call the Bedford Police Department at (817) 952-2414.

The Bedford Police Department hopes someone in the area saw something, not realizing what it meant at the time, and can give us a lead that would help identify the vehicle and/or the driver that struck the victim.

Additionally, as Ms. Page approached the service road, it appears she sets her purse on the sidewalk, and walks away. The reason behind this action is unknown. However, a short time later two individuals are seen on video footage walking up to the item we believe is Ms. Page’s purse; pick up the item and then walk away. The two appear to be a young male and female, possibly teenagers, and we currently believe the vehicle they were driving in was captured on security video, too.

[/quote]

I'm thinking suicide by car? Why would she just set her purse down????

Maybe it was a nice purse.

Here is the video they have of her:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/police-identify-woman-found-dead-on-freeway

A new clue from the video: She dropped the purse when a police car drives by her.

[quote author=debwillia link=topic=26756.msg1707515#msg1707515 date=1283370604]
    Here is the video they have of her:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/police-identify-woman-found-dead-on-freeway
    [/quote]

I'm very familar with this intersection, I used to work about 100 yards away.

This picture is facing west towards Fort Worth. I assume the green spray paint denotes where her body was found:

[img]http://media.wfaa.com/images/469*264/0829_hwy183_body.jpg[/img]

A surveillance video taken shortly before the accident appears to first show Page walking along Brown Trail shortly after 2 a.m.  Police estimate she was struck and killed between 2:08 and 2:15 a.m.

So she is walking south bound on Brown Trail.

Then two pedestrians are observed near the scene of the accident.

"We're hoping that somebody saw something; somebody knows somebody that was driving along there that can tell them about this, and we just need that one phone call or that one e-mail or that one person to come in and see us and give us a little piece of information," Roberts said.

Police said Page set down her purse before disappearing from the video. Then, a few minutes later, a young man and woman are seen running to pick up that purse. Investigators said those people will not face any charges for picking up the purse.

Family members said Page was known for her caring attitude. Just a week before her death, a relative's dog died. Page brought her a framed photo of the beloved pet along with flowers.

Really odd.

Better video:
    http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Bedford-police-ID-woman-found-dead-on-Highway-183-101831258.html

Look at this map. She was walking from the top of the map (from the north) headed south.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=brown+trail++hurst&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Brown+Trail,+Hurst ,+Tarrant,+Texas&gl=us&ei=l7N-TIKsIYP6lwer7oHwAw&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA&ll=32.8 40542,-97.159362&spn=0.000865,0.002064&t=h&z= 20

here's what's odd. The surveillance video comes from the Taco Bueno on the north east corner. (On the map with the yellow edges)  She was headed south. Instead of crossing the bridge over 183, she ends up going over a guard rail (Where the red car is)  and then the 20 some odd feet down to the highway on about a 45 degree incline. I would think either she crossed over the guard rail intentionally..(WHY?) Or maybe the two people threw her over it?

Street view of where she crossed over in the direction she was heading.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=brown+trail++hurst&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Brown+Trail,+Hurst ,+Tarrant,+Texas&gl=us&ei=l7N-TIKsIYP6lwer7oHwAw&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA&t=h&amp ;ll=32.840503,-97.15945&spn=0.000865,0.002064&z=20&la yer=c&cbll=32.840504,-97.159268&panoid=zAbv7dhsLsmv-Q9YEV5gSw&cbp=12,200.51,,0,6.17

Does this make any sense? Maybe the two people scared her? She knew them? They seemed happy as hell to pick up that purse. This is NOT an area like NYC where people just walk around at night. Not at all. All there is is a closed Taco Bueno and a gas station on the corner. Car dealership and a high school near by. Unusual to see pedestrains out this late here. Very unusual.

[quote author=debwillia link=topic=26756.msg1707528#msg1707528 date=1283371774]
    A new clue from the video: She dropped the purse when a police car drives by her.
    [/quote]

True. Drugs? Doesn't seem the type. Framing dog pictures and such.

Highway view, westbound 183. This is what it looked like for the car that hit her. Gives you an idea of the incline.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=brown+trail++hurst&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Brown+Trail,+Hurst ,+Tarrant,+Texas&gl=us&ei=l7N-TIKsIYP6lwer7oHwAw&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA&t=h&amp ;layer=c&cbll=32.840216,-97.158768&panoid=PviLhzEyFT6fiSRQQz46-A&cbp=12,272.83,,0,3.89&ll=32.840217,-97.15865&spn=0.00087,0.002064&z=20

She was at a family members home in Hurst when she disappeared. She was suppose to spend the night. They didn't even know she was missing.

[quote author=debwillia link=topic=26756.msg1707555#msg1707555 date=1283373486]
    She was at a family members home in Hurst when she disappeared. She was suppose to spend the night. They didn't even know she was missing.
    [/quote]

Hurst and Bedford border each other. But she was walking from Bedford....towards Hurst. 

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=26756.msg1707591#msg1707591 date=1283378954]
    Hurst and Bedford border each other. But she was walking from Bedford....towards Hurst. 
    [/quote]

I wonder if she had left walking to the store or something and was on her way back?  But why would she walk at that time of night?  Unless she had been drinking......

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/090110-teen-returns-dead-woman%E2%80%99s-purse

Teen Returns Dead Woman’s Purse
    Published : Wednesday, 01 Sep 2010, 7:44 PM CDT

Adapted for Web by Tracy DeLatte, myFOXdfw.com

BEDFORD, Texas - Police said a high school student turned in the purse belonging to the woman who was killed by a hit-and-run driver in Bedford over the weekend.

The student told investigators that he and three others found the purse sitting on the shoulder of Brown Trail near Highway 183.

Tonya Page, a 29-year-old mother of two, is seen on surveillance video dropping the purse just minutes before her death.

Police believe the teens didn’t see her get hit. The student said he didn't know the purse was part of a homicide investigation until he saw it on the news.

Investigators plan to search the contents of the purse and Page’s cell phone for more clues about why she was walking alone near the freeway late at night.

They have few other leads in the search for her killer.

***** Hmmm, I wonder if the two in the video dropped it out of view of the camera and then these 4 teens came along? The video showed only a couple finding the purse.

This is so odd. I thought it was something shadier at first, but it's just totally tragic. Especially since PCP mentioned it's not an area that you would normally be just walking around at night. I wonder what circumstances brought her there that night.

I hope they figure out what happened to this girl and why. At least get some type of closure for the family. Having no answers at all has to be really tough.

RIP Tonya
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

[quote author=ravenpup link=topic=26756.msg1707669#msg1707669 date=1283389708]
    http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/090110-teen-returns-dead-woman%E2%80%99s-purse

Teen Returns Dead Woman’s Purse
    Published : Wednesday, 01 Sep 2010, 7:44 PM CDT

Adapted for Web by Tracy DeLatte, myFOXdfw.com

BEDFORD, Texas - Police said a high school student turned in the purse belonging to the woman who was killed by a hit-and-run driver in Bedford over the weekend.

The student told investigators that he and three others found the purse sitting on the shoulder of Brown Trail near Highway 183.

Tonya Page, a 29-year-old mother of two, is seen on surveillance video dropping the purse just minutes before her death.

Police believe the teens didn’t see her get hit. The student said he didn't know the purse was part of a homicide investigation until he saw it on the news.

Investigators plan to search the contents of the purse and Page’s cell phone for more clues about why she was walking alone near the freeway late at night.

They have few other leads in the search for her killer.

***** Hmmm, I wonder if the two in the video dropped it out of view of the camera and then these 4 teens came along? The video showed only a couple finding the purse.

[/quote]

Interesting question.  This case is haunting me. Maybe she was so drunk she just fell over the side.  :|

[quote author=Samhain23 link=topic=26756.msg1706132#msg1706132 date=1283208553]
    The whole purse things says drug transaction to me.[/quote]Sadly that is what I though too.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=145033367

Obituary:

Tonya Marie White Page (1981 - 2010)
      |  Visit Guest Book

Tonya Marie White Page, a loving daughter, sister, wife and mother, passed away Sunday, Aug. 29, 2010. Memorial service: 2 p.m. Friday at Shady Oaks Baptist Church, 1336 Cavender Drive, Hurst. Tonya always had a smile and brought so much joy to everyone around her. Survivors: Loving husband, Jimmy; two sisters; her mom and dad; children and stepson, Colton, 10 years, Bryce, 2 years, and Dylan, 1 year.
    Published in Star-Telegram on September 2, 2010

Read more: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=145033367#ixz z0yPXqCkJW

Memorial Page on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Tonya-White-Page-Memorial/153314398028906?ref=ts

[quote author=Samhain23 link=topic=26756.msg1706132#msg1706132 date=1283208553]
    The whole purse things says drug transaction to me. I never heard of that before and thats not how they do it in my neck of the woods but thats the first thing I thought of when i heard that.
    [/quote]

I somewhat knew her, and this was not a drug transaction. I think either someone was following her or she thought someone was following her. I can't put into words how disgusted I am by the fact that the person who hit her did not stop. She is one of the few neighbors I had that would regularly wave or say hi just for the sake of being friendly. She did not deserve this. No one does. It makes me feel sick to think that there's someone out there who can just go on living knowing they took this person away from their family. She had so much ahead of her...

Rest in peace Tonya.

Sorry for your loss Noris. After reading her guestbook and Facebook she seemed like a really nice girl. RIP

Thread Information