Thread: Israeli soldier posts pics on her facebook- posing with blindfolded Palestinians

Israeli soldier posts pics on her facebook- posing with blindfolded Palestinians

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Former-Israeli-Soldier-Posts-Facebook-Photos-Of-Her-Posing-With-Palestinian-Prisoners/Article/201008315688831?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article _Teaser_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15688831_Former_I sraeli_Soldier_Posts_Facebook_Photos_Of_Her_Posing _With_Palestinian_Prisoners

A former Israeli soldier has caused a media storm by posting photos of herself on Facebook posing alongside blindfolded Palestinian prisoners.

Eden Abergil uploaded images of herself smiling next to prisoners who had their hands bound and eyes covered.

The photo album, allegedly titled "IDF - the best time of my life", has since been removed, but not before causing a storm on the internet.

Israel's military has sharply criticised the actions of the former soldier, branding the images "shameless".

Palestinian Authority spokesman Ghassan Khatib said the pictures were "humiliating".

Underneath one of the pictures featuring a prisoner, a friend is reported to have written a comment saying Abergil looked "sexy" to which she replied: "I wonder if he is on Facebook too - I'll have to tag him in the photo."

The other 26 pictures visible from the album show Abergil posing with friends and comrades from her army service days.

The Israeli Defence Forces said in a statement: "These actions are ugly and callous; details of the incident have been forwarded up the chain of command."

However, because Abergil, from the port city of Ashdod, completed her compulsory military service in 2008, an IDF spokesman said it was not clear whether the military can discipline her.

"In light of the fact that she was discharged last year, all the details have been turned over to commanders for further attention," the spokesman said.

A statement from the Palestinian Government Media Centre said: "This shows the mentality of the occupier, to be proud of humiliating Palestinians ... It should end, and Palestinian rights and dignity be respected."

Over the past year, Israeli soldiers have been banned from posting any pictures online taken from military operations and bases.

The rule is designed to prevent sensitive material being leaked to the public.

The row is reminiscent of the 2004 Abu Ghraib scandal, when pictures appeared of US troops mistreating and humiliating Iraqi prisoners in a Baghdad jail. Eleven American service personnel were convicted of offences relating to the scandal.
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

Re: Israeli soldier posts pics on her facebook- posing with blindfolded Palestinians

:|

Re: Israeli soldier posts pics on her facebook- posing with blindfolded Palestinians

Jeez.  Herein lies the problem with making another group of humans somehow less than human.  So sad.  It's hard to stomach that someone could be proud of terrorizing another person.

It's not really terrorizing, she's just stupid. Cops don't take pics of themselves with prisoners and post them on Facebook. The bound soldiers are detainees, she wasn't sitting on a waterboard on their chests.

Still tasteless. Not shocking, though.

Here's another article with a screen cap of the 'offensive' facebook picture and associated comments...

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2010/0...cebook-photos/

What a bunch of immature fucks her friends sound like, which is more than likely is a reflection of her own 'character',  or lack thereof, it scares me to think that they send people with kindergarten IQ's off to fight wars...

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=iusedtobenormal link=topic=26560.msg1702183#msg1702183 date=1282713632]
    Here's another article with a screen cap of the 'offensive' facebook picture and associated comments...

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2010/0...cebook-photos/

What a bunch of immature fucks her friends sound like, which is more than likely is a reflection of her own 'character',  or lack thereof, it scares me to think that they send people with kindergarten IQ's off to fight wars...
    [/quote]
    Think that's exclusive to Israel? :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

wha??? oh fuck! now I make my own IQ look sub zero! hahaha! shit, I better delete my facebook entry cos I look like a right twat now! lol... thanks for the heads-up!  :2grin:

This is such a non issue, it really must have hurt the medias feelings.  They tried to get this story to take off, no luck.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=26560.msg1702223#msg1702223 date=1282716404]
    This is such a non issue, it really must have hurt the medias feelings.  They tried to get this story to take off, no luck.
    [/quote]

yah srs. Like this dudes biggest problem is having his pic on facebook.

Thread Information