Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I would like get some things off my chest about this place

Quote Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
    First let me say I love this place, iv'e been coming here from around 05 and have submitted a few hundred profiles as well. But I've noticed that MDS suffers from stagnation. For example, 'Top Stories' includes people from almost a year ago. I can name a few dozen famous people who've died since may of 05, 2012 but aren't on the front page at all . We're now almost a year beyond that and nobody new has been featured. As a website that depends upon the flow of individuals coming here you need to have relevant profiles featuring famous people who currently died. The entire front page has never been changed at all, it's old. And posting a small handful of people in the archives everyday is also hurting your business. You need to be posting new articles every few hours to get people to come back and see what's new. Posting 3 people every few days just means there is nothing to come back for, beyond the forums. There are a few dozen great gore forums you could link to, I don't see why you don't. That's how I came here, from Ogrish back in the day. Just about every single major web page goes through a revival, a transition from old to new to keep the flow of creativity going, I think this site needs a dose of that. And before anyone rushes in to bash me, I'm still a loyal follower of this site, I'll still come here everyday and I'll still continue to send in FB and Myspace profiles.
    I'm just offering helpful suggestions, nothing more.
    Swizzle
    Thank you for continuing to submit profiles to the site Swizzle!

We rarely update the front page, that is true. No one visits the front page though. I believe most of our visitors check out the article page or the forum.

There are only a few people that actually post death articles. I hardly ever create new articles and haven't for quite a while. It is my understanding that there are a few deaths posted each day. If people submitted more deaths, it's possible that there would be more deaths posted per day.

We should probably look into "hiring" more death adders to keep fresh/dead content on the site.

Thanks for your suggestions.

You have a wonderful and unique site, it has a great potential for profits and increased viewership. You just need to figure out how to manipulate the search engines so that your site comes up more frequently when others browse names and deaths online, for example:

Elisa Lam Dead: Canadian Tourist's Body Found In Hotel Water ...
    This is all over the internet now, but if you search her name online you won't find a link to a MDS article about her, this is a waste of a great opportunity to gather more members and viewers. I sent in her article and FB profile a few days ago, she should be on the front page.
    The same with Dorner, and the rest. When someone searches online for one of these individuals this site needs to be the first thing they see.
    Usually when I head over to a new website I've never browsed I always head to the 'home' page to see how it's set up and to see the links and features, even if nobody really heads to your home page it should still be updated everyday.
    You know I have much love for your site and the people who view it, we're a small community of people who all share a common link, that's never going to change even if we disagree.

I always figured you had plenty of people who sent in articles, now that I know you need more I'll increase the amount I'm sending in to help.

Is there a way or a function that you can have someone add new articles a day that doesn't get other features as a mod? Strictly adding new articles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Swizzle - I always see that you are submitting deaths and I like it. But I do have to disagree with you generally regarding the amount of deaths we post. I try to post at least 4 deaths most days (some days I have a life and can't get to it). If I were to post say 12 deaths a day (one every two hours), I am doubting that many people would have time to read that many articles or to keep up with the site. If you only visit the site once a week, that would be over 80 new ones to catch up on. I figure 4 or so deaths a day would eat up maybe 10-20 minutes of people's time and is a pretty achievable thing per day. If we were to increase that, I think people may not read them all and it would be pointless.

And most of the deaths we get are generic (sad to say but it's true) car accidents, shootings etc and people are just not as interested in them. I try to mix it up and post some interesting ones mixed in with the more normal ones.

If there is a topical death, we usually post it pretty quickly (although there are exceptions).

I can see where your feedback is coming from, but I am a believer in quality and not quantity. Everyone may disagree though!

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Is there a way or a function that you can have someone add new articles a day that doesn't get other features as a mod? Strictly adding new articles?
    There was on the old forum - I was a Death Adder back in the day. I am not sure how vBulletin works and if they can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Swizzle - I always see that you are submitting deaths and I like it. But I do have to disagree with you generally regarding the amount of deaths we post. I try to post at least 4 deaths most days (some days I have a life and can't get to it). If I were to post say 12 deaths a day (one every two hours), I am doubting that many people would have time to read that many articles or to keep up with the site. If you only visit the site once a week, that would be over 80 new ones to catch up on. I figure 4 or so deaths a day would eat up maybe 10-20 minutes of people's time and is a pretty achievable thing per day. If we were to increase that, I think people may not read them all and it would be pointless.

And most of the deaths we get are generic (sad to say but it's true) car accidents, shootings etc and people are just not as interested in them. I try to mix it up and post some interesting ones mixed in with the more normal ones.

If there is a topical death, we usually post it pretty quickly (although there are exceptions).

I can see where your feedback is coming from, but I am a believer in quality and not quantity. Everyone may disagree though!
    This is well said, Olivia and I agree. Also, it is harder to find Facebook pages than it was MySpace pages (at least it is for me).

Maybe J could chime in and see if we could utilize Linked-In and Pinterest links, too?
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Maybe J could chime in and see if we could utilize Linked-In and Pinterest links, too?
    I think we can - I have used one or two pinterest accounts in articles to date. I don't know if there is an issue with doing this though!

I was posting at least one article a day. I took a break but I'm back! Unfortunately there have been no interesting deaths this week. Boo-urns

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    And most of the deaths we get are generic (sad to say but it's true) car accidents, shootings etc and people are just not as interested in them.!
    This is what I don't understand. I'm not talking about the people who visit you on a regular basis, I'm talking about the 330 million Americans who don't even know this web page exists. Are shooting deaths 'uninteresting'? All you read about today is gun rights and children being killed by guns and you have tons and tons of kids who've died by guns and their Profiles right here. For example: Browsing the deaths in Chicago from 2007-2012 I found 2,273+ people who died by guns, about 700 or so have myspace or Facebook. If you were to take all of your Facebook and Myspace profiles of everyone who's died by gunfire and list them all in a seperate catagory and then profile them on your front page you'd have a wonderful page and database that you could now sent to every anti-gun group in America, sent it to every mayor in every city and suddenly every news outlet in America is running your front page on their shows, mayors and Presidents would be using it as reference when they talk about these issues. You see how easy it is?

You can do this with the profiles of the drunk drivers and those they kill and send it to MADD, this is how you get your name out and this is who you make deaths that are commonplace and mundane work for you and make your website the place #1.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    I was posting at least one article a day. I took a break but I'm back! Unfortunately there have been no interesting deaths this week. Boo-urns
    Sure there is. "Kenny Clutch," the Oakland rapper killed in Las Vegas on Thursday is all over the news, his Facebook was sent in on Friday.
    Zheng Cao, noted mezzo-soprano died just a little while ago, or Andrea Reyna the 16 year old who recieved her Drivers license and a new car and then killed herself in in 2 hours later? I sent in that last one on Thursday.

I think I posted this before they identified Mr. clutch.
    Kind of going along with what Olivia said, I try to only post rare or interesting deaths that get people talking and thinking. Things that get people's attention. I research death all day and it becomes monotonous. For instance the lady who bashed a midget in the head with a crystal ball. Those are the kind of stories I post

I can't quote but, Eighhhhch Geeeeeeeee.

I rarely start threads but that is normally because someone will have already covered it. Otherwise, I tend to put stories in the weird bizarre thread.

Must stop skimming posts late at night. I saw the words "death adder" & thought it was an Australian snakebite story.

I didn't know where to post this, but I really like the new format of the articles and allowing people to post under it. Are there alerts to when someone posts a comment under an article?
    Last edited by beli; 02-28-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I didn't know where to post this, but I really like the new format of the articles and allowing people to post under it. Are there alerts to when someone posts a comment under an article?
    I do too! I was wondering something along the same line regarding the FB comments. Not sure if people can report the comments and if so, where are they reported to? lol

Picking on people for spelling is quite tame compared to hateful things I've seen people say across the rest of the net. Plus, it's heavy on the American users, think of the British users who will get picked on for adding the letter "u" in words. It's just part of a community that is varied and colourful... crap, they're on to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Ganley View Post
    Picking on people for spelling is quite tame compared to hateful things I've seen people say across the rest of the net. Plus, it's heavy on the American users, think of the British users who will get picked on for adding the letter "u" in words. It's just part of a community that is varied and colourful... crap, they're on to me.
    most people here know why a person is using an extra 'u' or an 's' instead of a 'z' (a conversation we recently had, actually). the taunting happens when someone shows up and posts: u dont no me n u defiantly dont no my sistr. she waz a angle n evrybady luvs her.

actually, no one even makes fun of people who post shit like that anymore. what happened to MDS, guise?

also, incoming wrath for resurrecting a dead thread in 3, 2, 1...
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    also, incoming wrath for resurrecting a dead thread in 3, 2, 1...
    IT BURNS!

You've been very thorough with going through old threads!

The weird thing is, all the threads are still on the first page. How could I not get involved in the "wool in vagina used to knit" bandwagon?

What? I did sheep husbandry & wool classing in high school. I must see this thread

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    What? I did sheep husbandry & wool classing in high school. I must see this thread
    It was a chick who is a performance artist I guess, and to show that the vajayjay is not an agressive angry thing to be afraid of, she was shoving a ball of wool in there and knitting Christmas sweaters for her family. (I made up the xmas sweater part). And yes, she knits even when Aunt Flow visits.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...ng#post3527974
    Last edited by dream; 01-10-2014 at 07:38 AM. Reason: added link

On a lighter note - I'll settle down and pay attention to the last post date of threads. I'm like a puppy when it comes to new forums; eager to please and explore new things. Then, I become a dog and I've learned what's wrong and right. The final stage is getting old, bored, and not being arsed to comment. Watch this space... for nothing.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    On a lighter note - I'll settle down and pay attention to the last post date of threads. I'm like a puppy when it comes to new forums; eager to please and explore new things. Then, I become a dog and I've learned what's wrong and right. The final stage is getting old, bored, and not being arsed to comment. Watch this space... for nothing.
    There's nothing wrong with bumping old threads. It just helps if you have new info or some kind of update for it. People get all excited thinking there's something new on the case and come in to see a noob saying: "Meh. " lol

You haven't done anything wrong yet. But don't take my word for it. I'm also a noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Had to get this off my chest...I was so happy to see the site come up! I've never actually missed a website before,but I def missed this one!! 😍
    (Didn't know where else I could express my happiness ,lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    Had to get this off my chest...I was so happy to see the site come up! I've never actually missed a website before,but I def missed this one!! ��
    (Didn't know where else I could express my happiness ,lol)
    I was going through withdrawals.

Thread Information