Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I would like get some things off my chest about this place

I would like get some things off my chest about this place

I'e been a casual browser of MDS now for some time now, but I never wanted to post, until now.

This is not a "I expect things to change" rant. This is a "I am frustrated and I feel like writing it out and perhaps 1 or 2 people will read it" rant.

I suppose this would be structured better if I numbered it.

#1- This site has a truly vicious gang-up on people mentality. There have been many times people in opposition to the majority position enters a topic with some ill-conceived things to say, sometimes in defense of people talked about in the topics, and there really seems to be a savage joy in tearing people apart.

I don't understand this. When I was 16 I thought it was pretty cool to "own" people on the internet who used poor spelling, bad grammar, and were not adept at communicating. What I see is that there are a lot of very intelligent, well-spoken, articulate people on here who seem to have absolutely no human compassion, feelings, empathy, or really any of the better human characteristics at all.

For example, somebody says something unpopular and spells it badly, and it takes 50 or more people cutting and pasting the same two lines to tear this person apart. I don't understand why people here are so hot on robbing other people of their dignity.

Example:

http://www.mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=25195.0

The responses to the person unable to spell "shut up" correctly are unnecessarily rude and demeaning. I don't see anything good about people of a certain intelligence level trashing those beneath them. No one on here is probably the smartest person in the world, I think a lot of people are vulnerable to being ganged up on and made fun of for looking foolish.

#2- Rude assumptions about people. Someone has a photo that raises eyebrows and that just explains everything, that they had it coming or were trash.

http://www.mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=25546.0

"Drunk"

Nice assumptions. For that matter, what assumptions can we make about people who have 10,000 posts on a site like this, follow every update with bated breath, go cyberstalking people for salicious, titillating details, try to manipulate others to get more information about people they don't know, all to, I don't know, if I were making an assumption I'd say satisfy the voyeuristic appetites of people who consider themselves so jaded this is what they need to entertain themselves.

#3- What is with all of the "Damn, I'd hit that" type of comments? And why is it when there are topics about 15 year old girls getting involved in sexual situations, there are people all over the place hunting for a picture? Why do the "hot girls" get all the hits yet people bandy social commentary about on here like they are above it all?

Okay, ignore everything else. The only question I would like answered is this: why can't people compete to see who can be the most decent and respectful, instead of who can be the grand cutting wit, the Deathspace Oscar Wilde, and why do people have to resort to comments like "What a slut" "Obvious trash show" and "LOLZ DARWIN", that sort of thing?

Well I feel better getting that off my chest.

Re: I would like get some things off my chest about this place

[quote author=Spkast link=topic=26559.msg1696732#msg1696732 date=1282032996]
    [/quote]

Well that is great.  Interesting choice of first posts, but glad nonetheless you could share your vent with us.

I'e been a casual browser of MDS now for some time now, but I never wanted to post, until now.

This is not a "I expect things to change" rant. This is a "I am frustrated and I feel like writing it out and perhaps 1 or 2 people will read it" rant.

<snipped for brevity>

The only question I would like answered is this: why can't people compete to see who can be the most decent and respectful, instead of who can be the grand cutting wit, the Deathspace Oscar Wilde, and why do people have to resort to comments like "What a slut" "Obvious trash show" and "LOLZ DARWIN", that sort of thing?

[/quote]

Welcome to MDS.

Be careful about painting everyone who posts here with the same brush.  That could get messy.

There is a place where happy little bluebirds fly and it is not MyDeathSpace.  If you are looking for some thing like that I would suggest www.findagrave.com , www.legacy.com or www.websleuths.com.  

Most of the members here are respectful and decent.  The sheer volume of the tragedy and sadness on here could make you pull out your hair, gnash your teeth, and wail in grief.  Most of the time, people either don't comment on an article at all or make a respectful, intelligent comment.

However, some people use humor as a coping mechanism; ie: OMG Kaitlyn Tree!  Some people try to not see even a glimmer of themselves or their past actions in the deceased; ie: Drunk! or Slut! And honestly - you must admit there are some pretty "Darwinesque" deaths on here .  

MDS is what it is.  Love us, join us, hate us or leave us - it's up to you.

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

The only question I would like answered is this: why can't people compete to see who can be the most decent and respectful, instead of who can be the grand cutting wit, the Deathspace Oscar Wilde, and why do people have to resort to comments like "What a slut" "Obvious trash show" and "LOLZ DARWIN", that sort of thing?

[/quote]Save for some mechanical errors, I appreciate and respect your articulation.

I think the majority of us here are respectful. I cannot say this with extreme conviction because the only entry on here that I really knew (there is at least one murderer and a few deaths that I was acquainted with, but only one true friend) was posted at my indication, thanks to a mod (big ups, Morbid Curiosity) and therefore no one said anything disrespectful. :lol: They probably would have otherwise, and had I stumbled upon this site in the aftermath, I would have had to have accepted that. I try to examine the deaths I post about from a neutral angle. There has been at least one instance where I said something that a family member prompted me to regret. I discussed my comments/the situation with that family member, who accepted my apology and said she was happy to have communicated with me.

I think most of the types of comments you reference were from years ago. The site has become much [s]softer[/s] more respectful, and speaking as someone who is on this site quite often, I do not recall seeing any such comments as of late. That said, if you have seen comments like that recently, I will say this: sometimes we joke about death here, for sure. Again, I cannot speak for anyone else, but I have not been in a very good place since my best friend died on 11/23/06, and if I constantly dealt with death in an extremely serious manner, I would probably not be here today. This site, my posts here, and the friends that I have made here are due to the incredible loss I have experienced and the relationships I have forged with those here who understand what it is like to feel that indescribable despair.

If you don't laugh you're going to cry and never stop crying. -though this was more about being a Jew, it applies.

I have sympathy for every article on this site. I'm sure most of us do. Thank you for being an articulate poster. Godspeed.

P.S. I'd hit that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

:sleep2:

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

oh jeez.  [s]sut[/s] [s]slut[/s] shut up.  :roll:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

#1- This site has a truly vicious gang-up on people mentality. There have been many times people in opposition to the majority position enters a topic with some ill-conceived things to say, sometimes in defense of people talked about in the topics, and there really seems to be a savage joy in tearing people apart.

I don't understand this. When I was 16 I thought it was pretty cool to "own" people on the internet who used poor spelling, bad grammar, and were not adept at communicating. What I see is that there are a lot of very intelligent, well-spoken, articulate people on here who seem to have absolutely no human compassion, feelings, empathy, or really any of the better human characteristics at all.

For example, somebody says something unpopular and spells it badly, and it takes 50 or more people cutting and pasting the same two lines to tear this person apart. I don't understand why people here are so hot on robbing other people of their dignity.

Example:

http://www.mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=25195.0 [b]In this particular thread a relative came in all attituded up "ok im ashley's cuzin and we were very close.. you all need to sut up you dont know the situation at all!!! ".  There are plenty of threads where family members enter and the members here are happy to talk to them and hear their side of the story.  Entering a thread like i_love_zac did is going to get a defensive reaction from people.  If she introiduced herself or in a mature manner expressed her surprise at reading what was written there would have room for discussion but it was obvious she was pissed and no matter what was said to her would not have made her feel any better.  It's similar to walking into a room and yelling "you all fucking suck" and expecting people to hug and welcome you.

The responses to the person unable to spell "shut up" correctly are unnecessarily rude and demeaning. I don't see anything good about people of a certain intelligence level trashing those beneath them. No one on here is probably the smartest person in the world, I think a lot of people are vulnerable to being ganged up on and made fun of for looking foolish.

#2- Rude assumptions about people. Someone has a photo that raises eyebrows and that just explains everything, that they had it coming or were trash.

http://www.mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=25546.0Threads that are made are discussed.  I have an opinion, you have an opinion and the postman has an opinion.  It's a message forum.  The deaths and information that are posted here are available in print and online.  We don't make these up!

"Drunk"

Nice assumptions. For that matter, what assumptions can we make about people who have 10,000 posts on a site like this, follow every update with bated breath, go cyberstalking people for salicious, titillating details, try to manipulate others to get more information about people they don't know, all to, I don't know, if I were making an assumption I'd say satisfy the voyeuristic appetites of people who consider themselves so jaded this is what they need to entertain themselves.
    Some people like to spend their spare time reading fiction, going to the gym, traveling and some people like following crimes and death.  I enjoy using my mind to try and figure out a strange case and researching reasons how or why someone was killed.  I think it's a much healthier passtime than playing video games.  Different strokes for different strokes

#3- What is with all of the "Damn, I'd hit that" type of comments? And why is it when there are topics about 15 year old girls getting involved in sexual situations, there are people all over the place hunting for a picture? Why do the "hot girls" get all the hits yet people bandy social commentary about on here like they are above it all?  I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Okay, ignore everything else. The only question I would like answered is this: why can't people compete to see who can be the most decent and respectful, instead of who can be the grand cutting wit, the Deathspace Oscar Wilde, and why do people have to resort to comments like "What a slut" "Obvious trash show" and "LOLZ DARWIN", that sort of thing? Many times it is not the "regular" members who make stupid comments but sometimes someone is a slut or a peice of trash.  Sometimes the truth stings.

Well I feel better getting that off my chest.  whew!
    [/quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

I thought you'd at least name names.  Lame post.(yours, not mine, but then again yours was tl;dr)

Wow. I'd read all that, but i just don't give a shit.
    Welcome to MDS you, judgemental asshole. Your huge post that's full of judgements for all, proves that you're no better than a single person on here that you're attempting to condemn.
    If you don't like what you see here, GTFO. Otherwise, I'd suggest you shut your piehole before a bunch of us gang up on you.  :roll:
    PS. I'd also hit that. With my car.  :roll:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=26559.msg1696952#msg1696952 date=1282064787]
    I thought you'd at least name names.  Lame post.(yours, not mine, but then again yours was tl;dr)
    [/quote]

I read the two links she used as examples and they are super lame.  The first one has 2 pages and the second one has one page.  There is nothing in them to be uphauled over compared some of our everyday banter in the threads.  :roll:

I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=26559.msg1696956#msg1696956 date=1282065675]
    Welcome to MDS you, judgemental asshole. Your huge post that's full of judgements for all, proves that you're no better than a single person on here that you're attempting to condemn.
    If you don't like what you see here, GTFO. Otherwise, I'd suggest you shut your piehole before a bunch of us gang up on you.  :roll:
    PS. I'd also hit that. With my car.  :roll:[/quote]
    this.
    if you don't like MDS then you don't have to post here, in fact, you don't even have to look at the threads. i think you'd be pretty hard pushed to find any place in society that doesn't have at least a little gang-mentality - MDSers only have a gang-mentality against the idiots who come here to mouth off & defend their friends/family members who abuse kids, kill people & generally do shit they should be ashamed of - making uneducated comments & generally failing at life. :roll: i don't see anything wrong with that & i'm pretty sure if one of those friends/family members did something to your kids/family members/friends, you'd want the MDS 'gang' on your side, cause i know i would..
    "cause if it's fried, we'll eat it. cause if it's liquid, we'll drink it. cause if it's breathing, we'll shag it! scotland, the best small country in the world." - omid djalili.

I'm a little upset that in a thread like this, out of the two articles linked I only commented on one, and I was defending the victim.   I don't think this guy truly spends much time around here.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=26559.msg1697048#msg1697048 date=1282073189]
    I'm a little upset that in a thread like this, out of the two articles linked I only commented on one, and I was defending the victim.   I don't think this guy truly spends much time around here.
    [/quote]

QFT

:lol:
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Example:

http://www.mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=25546.0

"Drunk"

#3- What is with all of the "Damn, I'd hit that" type of comments? And why is it when there are topics about 15 year old girls getting involved in sexual situations, there are people all over the place hunting for a picture? Why do the "hot girls" get all the hits yet people bandy social commentary about on here like they are above it all?

Okay, ignore everything else. The only question I would like answered is this: why can't people compete to see who can be the most decent and respectful, instead of who can be the grand cutting wit, the Deathspace Oscar Wilde, and why do people have to resort to comments like "What a slut" "Obvious trash show" and "LOLZ DARWIN", that sort of thing?

[/quote]

MDS is no place for your silly emotions and feelings. Evolve beyond them.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=26559.msg1697048#msg1697048 date=1282073189]
    [/quote]

Oh Hyper look on the bright side,  just think of all the fun you will have when this person implodes when he does run into one of your quips.  

[/quote]

If you couldn't laugh at "Sut up" girl you're dead inside my friend - and of all the examples, you chose the most innocuous of them all? Not the ones where people have been called crack whores, pedos, uneducated and dirt poor etc?

But seriously, picking on the spelling and grammar of others is the only thing that temporarily quenches by thirst for hooker bloodshed. Dont take that away from me bro, I implore you. Mercedes implores you. If you wont do it for me, do it for her.

Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

Welcome to the Internet. The comments here are actually pretty tame compared to anything attached to a CNN story on a hot issue.

[quote author=Mixmasterreece link=topic=26559.msg1697084#msg1697084 date=1282076477]

But seriously, picking on the spelling and grammar of others is the only thing that temporarily quenches[s] by[/s] my thirst for hooker bloodshed.

[/quote]

oh the irony.

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=26559.msg1697085#msg1697085 date=1282076564]
    Welcome to the Internet. The comments here are actually pretty tame compared to anything attached to a CNN story on a hot issue.
    [/quote]Or Topix

Okay, ignore everything else. The only question I would like answered is this: why can't people compete to see who can be the most decent and respectful, instead of who can be the grand cutting wit, the Deathspace Oscar Wilde,
    [/quote]

I just cannot get past the naivety of that comment 

I've got an image in my head of small band of posters all holding hands and walking over the Brooklyn Bridge with a boombox blasting 'why cant we be friends' while on their way to the ceremony for the first annual 'Most decent and respectful MDS poster towards the perpetrators of crime' awards.

"And the winner is..... Marky69 with:

Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself
    Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne now you can fly with the angels"

I keep expecting tits in this thread.

[quote author=ICDEDPPL link=topic=26559.msg1697160#msg1697160 date=1282081476]
    Or Topix
    [/quote]

Imagine if we sent her over to The Dirty?  She would leave there with a -A cup.  :lol:

Mixy - there is someone here who would easily win the most [s]self centered[/s] decent and [s]perfect[/s] respectful award hands down.  Of course in his/her own mind anyway.   :|

Okay people - sing it with me......hands in the air and wave them back and forth....one...two...three....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne7fPpxAnuM

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=26559.msg1697224#msg1697224 date=1282084589]
    Imagine if we sent her over to The Dirty?  She would leave there with a -A cup.  :lol:[/quote]
    I've never been to the dirty. Is it that bad?

Thread Information