Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Steven Slater (38) Airline Steward Pulls Emergency Chute, Steals Beer Flies Coop

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

Steven Slater (38) Airline Steward Pulls Emergency Chute, Steals Beer Flies Coop

A flight attendant ran out of patience on a plane that just landed at JFK on Monday afternoon, so he allegedly cursed a blue streak over the p.a. system, grabbed some beers,  pulled the emergency chute, slid down and ran from the plane,  sources said.

Jet Blue employee Steven Slater, 38, was working on Flight 1052 from Pittsburgh to Kennedy Airport, which landed at around 12 p.m., when he got into a verbal altercation with a passenger, law-enforcement sources said.

Follow NBCNewYork on Twitter

Following a heated exchange, the flight attendant told off the entire plane on the public address system, activated an emergency chute near the back of the plane and jumped down the evacuation slide and ran for it.

The argument began when one of the 100 passengers on the flight, got up early to get her luggage from an overhead compartment, according to sources. Slater told the passenger to sit back down -- but, as he approached, the woman continued to pull her belongings down and struck him in the head with her bag, authorities said.

Slater asked for an apology but the woman cursed him out, saying in effect "go f--k yourself" and calling him a "mo-fo," according to law enforcement sources who are still sorting out the specifics. Then Slater got on the flight's announcement system and allegedly cursed out  everyone on the plane -- especially the person who mouthed off to him, according to law enforcement sources.

When his tirade was through, he then took a some beers from the galley and pulled the emergency chute and slid off the Embraer 190 plane.  According to police sources, he threw his luggage down first and said something to the effect of "there goes 28 years," before he took the plunge.

After getting down the slide, Slater took off into the terminal, law-enforcement sources said.

The steward was "having a bad day," sources said.

Slater was later arrested at his home in Belle Harbor, Queens by Port Authority officials.  Police sources said that when authorities found Slater he seemed to be in the midst having sexual relations.

He is being charged with 2nd-and 4th-degree criminal mischief, 1st- and 2nd-degree reckless endangerment and criminal trespass in the 3rd degree, according to a spokeswoman for  Queens DA Richard Brown. Slater faces up to 7 years in prison if convicted.

No one was injured in the incident. JetBlue, in a statement, added, "At no time was the security or safety of our customers or crewmembers at risk."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Airline-Steward-at-JFK-Pulls-Emergency-Chute-Flies-Coop-100286494.html

Slater's MS: http://www.myspace.com/nycflyer71

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

Re: Steven Slater (38) Airline Steward Pulls Emergency Chute, Steals Beer Flies Coop

from his myspace...

Well howdy friends and loved ones! Thanks for stopping by my little piece 'o the web! Chances are I am flying 35, 000 feet somewhere over the rainbow on my way to some semi-fabulous JetBlue Airways destination! Truly, some are better than others. But I am enjoying being back in the skies and seeing them all. The last few years have ssen me grounded, doing the daily grind,'9 to '5-, "real job" thing and hating most of it. Now I am back in the swing of life and having a blast. Can't wait to see where I go next! Beating alcoholism and substance abuse "one day at a time" has opened up new worlds of opportunity for me, and I am so thankful to those who have guided me along the path to successful living, and given me new wings to fly. See you above the clouds....

Read more: http://www.myspace.com/nycflyer71#ixzz0wCLQQ3B4
    sooooooooooo.  since he grabbed beers, i'm guessing he may have already relapsed? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Re: Steven Slater (38) Airline Steward Pulls Emergency Chute, Steals Beer Flies Coop

I just read it on a German news site. It says that he could face up to 7 years in prison. That's ridiculous. 7 imprisonment for freaking out at your work place. Come on ...

He Looks Like PhatGayKid, But Thinner
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

This is one of the best "I quit" stories I have ever heard.  I learned later that he may have relapsed with stealing those couple of beers and that's kinda sad but the rest of the story is hilarious.

People get on planes and lose their mind, many are weird, rude and are just plain assholes.  He has probably had enough of people's bullshit. The fact that he got on the intercom to tell her off really made me laugh and then sliding down the slide is almost the best part. Hahaha
    I understand him getting in trouble so we don't have other flight attendants freaking out on rude passengers but jailtime is useless.

I was o. A plane and the dude next to me was a complete douche and I had to "semi-tell him off". He got up 3 times and each time he threw his leather jacket on me from his lap, as if I wasn't even there . Then he got drunk and was rude to the flight attendant bc he had to wait forthem to hand out drinks from the cart before he could use the bathroom for the forth time. 

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkcoobYUu8g
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=26437.msg1692371#msg1692371 date=1281445163]
    This is one of the best "I quit" stories I have ever heard. 
    [/quote]

I dunno, if he gets thrown in Jail it might not be a good quitting story.

[quote author=navysailorx link=topic=26437.msg1692379#msg1692379 date=1281446924]
    I dunno, if he gets thrown in Jail it might not be a good quitting story.
    [/quote]
    :lol: Nah, still good.

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=26437.msg1692371#msg1692371 date=1281445163]
    This is one of the best "I quit" stories I have ever heard.  I learned later that he may have relapsed with stealing those couple of beers and that's kinda sad but the rest of the story is hilarious.

People get on planes and lose their mind, many are weird, rude and are just plain assholes.  He has probably had enough of people's bullshit. The fact that he got on the intercom to tell her off really made me laugh and then sliding down the slide is almost the best part. Hahaha
    I understand him getting in trouble so we don't have other flight attendants freaking out on rude passengers but jailtime is useless.

I was o. A plane and the dude next to me was a complete douche and I had to "semi-tell him off". He got up 3 times and each time he threw his leather jacket on me from his lap, as if I wasn't even there . Then he got drunk and was rude to the flight attendant bc he had to wait forthem to hand out drinks from the cart before he could use the bathroom for the forth time. 
    [/quote]

Agreed. Sounds like he lost it which is too bad, as it seems he really loved flying and that was his identity. Hell of a way to go out. And then to be caught in bed? Classic.

[quote author=StarrySky87 link=topic=26437.msg1692363#msg1692363 date=1281437005]
    I just read it on a German news site. It says that he could face up to 7 years in prison. That's ridiculous. 7 imprisonment for freaking out at your work place. Come on ...
    [/quote]

at least he didn't shoot anybody. besides the chute being able to hurt someone, I think the whole thing is pretty funny. I hope he doesn't do time.
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26437.msg1692377#msg1692377 date=1281446474]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkcoobYUu8g
    [/quote]

this is exactly what i thought of too.  hahahahha "fuck you,... fuck you,.. fuck you... youre cool,.. fuck you,. im out!" hahahaha classic.  this is how i wanted to go out from a clothing store i worked at as a teen. (i almost did) the manager and assistant manager was such a douchefuck. 

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=26437.msg1692419#msg1692419 date=1281451578]
    this is exactly what i thought of too.  hahahahha "fuck you,... fuck you,.. fuck you... youre cool,.. fuck you,. im out!" hahahaha classic.  this is how i wanted to go out from a clothing store i worked at as a teen. (i almost did) the manager and assistant manager was such a douchefuck. 
    [/quote]
    He got on the intercom, cursed and everything. He almost literally pulled a Half Baked. :lol:

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26437.msg1692424#msg1692424 date=1281452060]
    He got on the intercom, cursed and everything. He almost literally pulled a Half Baked. :lol:
    [/quote]

but he added his own flair by sliding down the slide.  i always wanted to do that,... FOR FUN, not in an emergency.

[quote author=ZoMyGoddess! link=topic=26437.msg1692447#msg1692447 date=1281453835]
    but he added his own flair by sliding down the slide.  i always wanted to do that,... FOR FUN, not in an emergency.
    [/quote]
    This guy rules. I'll protest if he's punished!

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26437.msg1692454#msg1692454 date=1281454310]
    This guy rules. I'll protest if he's punished!
    [/quote]

Start a fan page on faceboook.

So this guy's kinda like my hero. I can think of many times where I've wanted to pull a Half Baked. A few beers does not constitute a relapse in my book, some things just need to be celebrated properly.  :lol:

Hope his mom pulls through. With all the stress he had going on can't imagine it would take much. I am so blessed that I don't have to work with customers. I wouldn't have made it 20 years. All of the jobs that I had to work directly with customers on a daily basis I quit and rather quickly.

People with no manners make me    
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=26437.msg1692486#msg1692486 date=1281456816]

Start a fan page on faceboook.
    [/quote]
    You know there's one already.

[quote author=aphaziak link=topic=26437.msg1692663#msg1692663 date=1281471769]
    So this guy's kinda like my hero. I can think of many times where I've wanted to pull a Half Baked. A few beers does not constitute a relapse in my book, some things just need to be celebrated properly.  :lol:

Hope his mom pulls through. With all the stress he had going on can't imagine it would take much. I am so blessed that I don't have to work with customers. I wouldn't have made it 20 years. All of the jobs that I had to work directly with customers on a daily basis I quit and rather quickly.

People with no manners make me    
    [/quote]
    Seriously. She fucking hit him, but couldn't apologize? I mean was she raised by wolves? How is it not instinct to apologize to someone after cracking them in the head? You hit the and then say "you shoulda moved" or something? People are fucking ridiculous.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26437.msg1692674#msg1692674 date=1281472629]
    Seriously. She fucking hit him, but couldn't apologize? I mean was she raised by wolves? How is it not instinct to apologize to someone after cracking them in the head? You hit the and then say "you shoulda moved" or something? People are fucking ridiculous.
    [/quote]

HAHAHA, yep and I posted this link on it asking him to join us.  :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steven-Slater/145469768806134?ref=ts&v=wall

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26437.msg1692674#msg1692674 date=1281472629]
    [/quote]

And shitty.
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

[quote author=Seraphim link=topic=26437.msg1692793#msg1692793 date=1281481158]

[/quote]

With all those stupid fees they're charging that really should be the way you exit a plane.
    The first time I went to DR (Dominican republic) I was on line for immigration and a woman came by and gave me a run and coke from Brugal tums. Truly an awesome moment in my life. Hahahaha.

I meant rums not tums. Stupid phone.

the color nine

Free Steven Slater!

http://freeslater.com/

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=26437.msg1692856#msg1692856 date=1281490746]
    Free Steven Slater!

http://freeslater.com/
    [/quote]

I'm making a donation.

This guy is the shit.

[quote author=Seraphim link=topic=26437.msg1692793#msg1692793 date=1281481158]

[/quote]

Fuck yea  :2cool:  :lol:

wait.. he was caught in bed?  as in sleeping with a chick?

Thread Information