Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 'Dead' Baby Wakes Up in Casket During Funeral

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: 'Dead' Baby Wakes Up in Casket During Funeral

[quote author=jessielee link=topic=26394.msg1690135#msg1690135 date=1281191190]
    I was looking at this and my husabnd walks up behind me and goes who the hell is that guy.
    I think I may file for divorce.
    [/quote]
    There's nothing else you can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=26394.msg1689997#msg1689997 date=1281155964]
    Yeah I know. I feel bad for them.

I hate to be the smart ass here now, But I wonder if they are going to at least wait a minute before they bury her again :|

ETA:  Berryblu. three days after it was found alive.
    [/quote]

Declared dead on Monday and "came to life" on Thursday at the wake.  And Died "again" on Thursday night.
    Still dont believe it.  Fishy stuff.

I'm not buying it yet either. Horrible mistake or publicity? Read the article but maybe I missed just how exactly how premature baby was?
    Either way I'm forwarding article to sister who is leaving on a nice south of the border vacation next week. She has joked before of fears of falling ill while vacationing and concerns of healthcare lol    Hehehehe    :lol:

RIP baby

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Septembers Girl link=topic=26394.msg1690190#msg1690190 date=1281200806]
    I'm not buying it yet either. Horrible mistake or publicity? Read the article but maybe I missed just how exactly how premature baby was?
    Either way I'm forwarding article to sister who is leaving on a nice south of the border vacation next week. She has joked before of fears of falling ill while vacationing and concerns of healthcare lol    Hehehehe    :lol:

RIP baby
    [/quote]
    If you ask conservatives it's almost as bad as Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Septembers Girl link=topic=26394.msg1690190#msg1690190 date=1281200806]

RIP baby
    [/quote]

Publicity for what? Horrible health care?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

[quote author=berryblu link=topic=26394.msg1690156#msg1690156 date=1281195123]
    Declared dead on Monday and "came to life" on Thursday at the wake.  And Died "again" on Thursday night.
    [/quote]

this.
    One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26394.msg1690198#msg1690198 date=1281201151]
    Publicity for what? Horrible health care?
    [/quote]

Or maybe horrible funeral preparation practices? LoL
    I was thinking maybe the story could be a little exagerated. I was curious how premature the baby was too..
    Either way  those poor parents lost their baby  RIP little baby

I don't get the part about dying of asphyxia. Were they covering her mouth and nose?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26394.msg1690692#msg1690692 date=1281238994]
    I don't get the part about dying of asphyxia. Were they covering her mouth and nose?
    [/quote]

I wonder if she dies of asphyxia from being inside the coffin.. without air circulation? I guess maybe I should look up what exactly asphyxiation is and what's the difference from suffocation and strangulation. I'm a dumbdumb.

[quote author=Jupitergurli link=topic=26394.msg1690719#msg1690719 date=1281241551]
    I wonder if she dies of asphyxia from being inside the coffin.. without air circulation? I guess maybe I should look up what exactly asphyxiation is and what's the difference from suffocation and strangulation. I'm a dumbdumb.
    [/quote]

I didn't look it up, but I think it's suffocation. I could see that happening inside the coffin, but it happened when she was back at the hospital. 

[quote author=Jupitergurli link=topic=26394.msg1690719#msg1690719 date=1281241551]
    [/quote]

The baby totally had circulation before she was pronounced dead.  This really seems to be a convoluted mess.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26394.msg1690721#msg1690721 date=1281241661]
    I didn't look it up, but I think it's suffocation. I could see that happening inside the coffin, but it happened when she was back at the hospital. 
    [/quote]

It is suffocation. I know that the effects of oxygen deprivation can be delayed. I am thinking about it in relation to burn victims because a lot of burn victims die from oxygen deprivation because of the scar tissue on their lungs. I think what happens is that your body tries to survive and begins shutting down organ systems one at a time to preserve oxygen for the heart and the brain. That's just what I think I remember hearing though, I could be wrong. I'd be interested to see if more comes out of this story.

Sorry if this is a repost  Not sure if i have linked it correct so I also copied and pasted. 

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article/mexican-baby-comes-back-to-life-inside-coffin/19584287

(Aug. 6) -- A Mexican baby that had been pronounced dead was discovered to be still breathing -- just hours before she was scheduled to be buried.

Dafne Marisol Hernandez, 17, was preparing to say farewell to her daughter, who died not long after her premature birth this week.

To Hernandez's surprise, she could hear noises coming from inside the coffin. When she opened it up, she saw that her baby was alive -- and crying.

Organizacion Editorial Mexicana / AP
    Dafne Marisol Hernandez holds up the death certificate for her baby daughter. The infant was pronounced dead soon after her birth, but she was heard crying in her tiny coffin."That was when we realized she was alive," Hernandez told the Reforma news agency. "There were movements and noises from inside the box where she had placed to be buried."

It seems the odds for the baby were stacked against her from the beginning. Hernandez was rushed to hospital in Pachuca, northeast of Mexico City, when her water broke. She was only 24 weeks pregnant. Doctors took a blood sample and told her that they would have to induce labor; otherwise her life would be in danger.

When the baby was born, she weighed only 1.3 pounds. Soon after, doctors declared that the baby had died, saying they could no longer detect a pulse.

The case is "very strange and inexplicable," Adolfo Martinez, director of the hospital, told news agency EFE. "We don't know exactly when the heart and lung function returned."

Just as strange is the fact that such a weak child could survive being declared dead. Once the death certificate had been signed, the baby was taken to an ice-cold mortuary.

She was left there for more than four hours before being given back to the family.

"We know that premature babies can't take even a minute of cold conditions, let alone the temperature of a morgue," Martinez said. "It's not normal that she survived."

[quote author=berryblu link=topic=26394.msg1690156#msg1690156 date=1281195123]
    [/quote]

I'm guessing the second death was at the hands of her parents who didn't want a devil baby hanging about.

Im from Mexico and I checked in some of the newspapers. The mom was 17 yo and had 25 weeks pregnancy when her water broke. At the time the Dr. checked the baby, she didnt have any pulse and she wasnt breathing, the baby was so small and the Dr supposed she didnt have any chance to survive, she declared the baby as dead. After 12 hours is when the parents noticed she was still alive, but died because of her bad condition and the medical attention the baby didnt get in those 12 hours.

[quote author=AMfz link=topic=26394.msg1691885#msg1691885 date=1281381872]
    Im from Mexico and I checked in some of the newspapers. The mom was 17 yo and had 25 weeks pregnancy when her water broke. At the time the Dr. checked the baby, she didnt have any pulse and she wasnt breathing, the baby was so small and the Dr supposed she didnt have any chance to survive, she declared the baby as dead. After 12 hours is when the parents noticed she was still alive, but died because of her bad condition and the medical attention the baby didnt get in those 12 hours.
    [/quote]

can you post any links? the articles so far say she was 24 weeks and that the baby was declared dead on Monday and came back to life on Thursday at the wake. this happening in a 12 hour span is much more believeable than a 3 day span. i just need proof that it's not a zombie baby for sanity purposes.

[quote author=butterflykim link=topic=26394.msg1692216#msg1692216 date=1281406498]
    can you post any links? the articles so far say she was 24 weeks and that the baby was declared dead on Monday and came back to life on Thursday at the wake. this happening in a 12 hour span is much more believeable than a 3 day span. i just need proof that it's not a zombie baby for sanity purposes.
    [/quote]
    I agree.  Please no zombie babies  *shudders*

[quote author=butterflykim link=topic=26394.msg1692216#msg1692216 date=1281406498]
    [/quote]

Kim, the baby died again. This time for permanent. RIP baby. So, no zombies. Also, if I haven't mentioned your sig yet... :2grin: :2grin: :2grin:

[/quote]12 hours is much more believable.

Some Updates: The hospital director and the Dr that declared the baby dead (her name: Jenny Dennisse Gijop Heredia) are under investigation but ofc she is a fugitive now... The parents were going to name the baby Lupita and her weight was 600 gr (1.32 lb) and height 22 cm (8.66 in)...

Here are some links:

http://www.elgolfo.info/elgolfo/nota/35295-Salvan-a-beb%C3%A9-de-ser-enterrada-en-Hidalgo/

http://www.cronica.com.mx/nota.php?id_nota=523929

http://www.noroeste.com.mx/publicaciones.php?id=607734

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/700132.html

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/estados/77317.html

[quote author=verysad2see link=topic=26394.msg1692253#msg1692253 date=1281410275]
    Kim, the baby died again. This time for permanent. RIP baby. So, no zombies. Also, if I haven't mentioned your sig yet... :2grin: :2grin: :2grin:
    [/quote]

I mean the initial return. :) I hate that she didn't make it, most babies do not being that premature.

And your quote RULES! It's so true.

Eh!!! doing some news research about the baby Lupita, found one case in Brazil where the mom buried her baby alive, but when the police found he was still alive and survived!... actually there are some pics when they found the baby... crazy ppl......

And talking about the post mortem preparation in Mexico... thats up to the dead person' family, is not by law...

[quote author=AMfz link=topic=26394.msg1692867#msg1692867 date=1281493059]
    Eh!!! doing some news research about the baby Lupita, found one case in Brazil where the mom buried her baby alive, but when the police found he was still alive and survived!... actually there are some pics when they found the baby... crazy ppl......

And talking about the post mortem preparation in Mexico... thats up to the dead person' family, is not by law...
    [/quote]link? 

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=26394.msg1692873#msg1692873 date=1281493769]
    link? 
    [/quote]

http://www.atp.com.ar/post/Noticias/155812/Fotos_de_bebe_enterrado_vivo.html

[quote author=AMfz link=topic=26394.msg1692882#msg1692882 date=1281495455]
    http://www.atp.com.ar/post/Noticias/155812/Fotos_de_bebe_enterrado_vivo.html
    [/quote]

Why is that man standing on that baby at that link? :|

Thread Information