Thread: Tiffany Wright (3) was starved to death

Tiffany Wright (3) was starved to death

3 year old Tiffany Wright had been dead for 2 or 3 days before her mother called the police in the early hours of Sunday 30th September. Her mother had not checked on her or fed her since 7am on Friday. Police and paramedics found the little girl in a filthy bed in a beetle-infested room, her body covered in insect bites 'looking like a porcelain doll with sunken eyes'. The room, where the family dogs were kept, was full of excrement and urine. The stench was unbearable, even for experienced staff used to finding filthy homes. In the bedroom next door a baby screamed, purple with panic, naked in his dishevelled cot.

While Tiffany lay dying without food or wate, in the living quaters of their pub, CCTV footage showed her mother, who was 8 months pregnant, cleaning the bar while saying to no one in particular, "I have to get my daughter up. I've not seen her for a week." The next day, she was seen leaving the pub alone to go shopping at Tesco for an hour. There was also no sign of the children when Sabrina and her husband, Rob left the pub to visit friends for two hours on Saturday morning, or that afternoon when they went shopping and came back an hour later with bags of dog food. Later, Sabrina was taped talking about buying vitamin supplements for her staffie, which had been losing weight.

Detective chief inspector Dave Powell got to work. "The crime scene was everything in this case," he said, "and it was the worst thing I have witnessed in more than 100 murders." Heavy locks were on the internal doors leading from the bar to the living quarters, but this was not a high crime area – the Hirsts had put them there to keep casual visitors at bay. The locks, Powell thought, suggested premeditation. Climbing the stairs, he had stepped over soiled nappies flung into empty catering boxes of Walkers crisps. Dog excrement had been trampled all over the flat. In Tiffany's bedroom a stained pillow bore the indent from her head. "Where were the sheets? There was no duvet, no toys, only a small pair of well-worn, pink and white Adidas trainers." Tiffany appeared to have clutched them as she lay dying.Behind one of several stained mattresses that stood upended in the room, Powell found unopened Christmas presents addressed to Tiffany from the previous year. A dirty pair of orange curtains hung off the runners. He glanced out of the window and noticed the local GP practice and health centre across the road. He turned back to the child's bed to stare at hundreds of pieces of lilac wallpaper, scattered around it like discarded confetti. Tiffany was so starving that she had torn it from the wall to eat it.

The judge said it was 'about as bad a case of child manslaughter as there can be'. He told Sabrina Hirst: 'One almost unbelievable piece of evidence is that on what was probably Tiffany's last day alive, you were discussing on the phone concerns you had about one of your dog's weight and feeding problems.

A midwife had asked social services to look into Tiffany Wright's case 11 months before her death but the department merely sent a letter to the three-year-old's mother - which was ignored. No-one visited the home and social services in Sheffield then dropped the case after just three days.

Tiffany's mother was sentenced to 12 years for manslaugher and child cruelty, of which she will only serve half. Her stepfather was sentenced to 5 years for cruelty.

Killer mother more worried about dog
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/south_yorkshire/7478084.stm

here's what the monster's look like

Mother jailed over child's death
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/south_yorkshire/7477878.stm
    Tiffany's FaceBook group:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=25073091971

R.I.P tiffany 

people like these do not deserve children,worried about you're dog's weight over not feeding you're children is just wrong!
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

Re: Tiffany Wright (3) was starved to death

Jesus christ..

6 years? What a joke..

What a horrid fate. 

RIP Tiffany 
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

picture of her bedroom you can see where she was eating the wall paper  :-(

A police patrol made it first to the white-walled corner plot on Addy Street. Upstairs, in the flat above the pub, the officers found Sabrina Hirst crouched in a bedroom doorway over a small body. The child was dead. One of the officers lifted Tiffany's arm and noted that it was floppy, not stiff with rigor mortis, that her skin was tinged with an odd, blackening pallor and that her eyes were sallow and sunken. Stranger still, she was covered in a skein of insect bites, adding to the building suspicion that she had been dead for some time. A dog barking in another room drew the officer away. In the bedroom next door a baby screamed, purple with panic, naked in his dishevelled cot.

Police quizzed Sabrina and a man who introduced himself as Robert Hirst, her husband. They made an odd couple. Balding and overweight, Â*Robert was 43, 22 years older than his young wife. He said he was Tiffany's stepfather and that the baby in the cot was his child. Police noted that Sabrina was heavily pregnant. Tiffany, she said, had come down with some kind of "bug". She had last eaten on Thursday: "A sandwich and some water." Sabrina had next checked on her at 7am on Friday, when Tiffany seemed "OK". That was more than 36 hours earlier, the officers calculated. The Hirsts clammed up. In the early hours of Sunday, police arrested the couple. They were taken to South Yorkshire police headquarters, and their one-year-old baby placed in foster care. A murder inquiry rapidly unfolded, centring on the pub. Neighbours, family and friends awoke that Sunday morning, 30 September 2007, to find their local guarded by police.

read the rest here http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2010/feb/06/child-neglect-adrian-levy-cathy-scott-clark

[quote author=Fossil link=topic=26483.msg1693790#msg1693790 date=1281604802]
    Jesus christ..

6 years? What a joke..
    [/quote]

Unable to care for Tiffany in life, Sabrina took control of her daughter after her death. Instead of allowing Tiffany's ashes to be buried, she insisted they be kept at the funeral parlour on Herries Road, a few streets from where she had grown up. There they will remain until Sabrina is freed, probably in 2014 after serving half her sentence. "I've gone past caring," Sabrina said in her most recent letter. "I've got the most important thing in the whole world waiting for me when I get out and that's Tiffany."

i don't think she should be allowed her ashes i think they should of been buried. she didn't care when she was alive why should she now that she's gone.

This makes me sick!
    I don&#39;t use Myspace :P<br />http://www.facebook.com/MoniqueSeil

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

jesus.&nbsp; these people are fucking disgusting.&nbsp; i feel sick.&nbsp; :x

RIP Tiffany. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I love the title of this thread because when it appears in the &quot;Recent posts&quot; thing it looks like:

Re: Tiffany Wright (3) was starved to death by neenerneener

:lol:

RIP

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

:x
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

6 years is disgusting.

RIP Tiffany

"Don't worry, I'm quite the screamer - now there's a spoiler for you..."

I really need to stop reading the child abuse stories.

And that bitch is only going to serve 6 years!! The mysteries of the &quot;justice&quot; system never cease to amaze me.

The picture of her bedroom makes my heart hurt. With the wallpaper missing...&nbsp;

RIP Tiffany.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

I want to hit these people with a bat until I'm tired. No, exhausted.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26483.msg1693857#msg1693857 date=1281622624]
    [/quote]

I'll pick up where you left off.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26483.msg1693857#msg1693857 date=1281622624]
    [/quote]Mike has a heart, Ron has a heart... these guys are getting soft in their old age.

RIP poor little Tiffany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

[quote author=death.becomes.her8701 link=topic=26483.msg1693835#msg1693835 date=1281619063]
    6 years is disgusting.
    [/quote]

Agreed.&nbsp; I am infuriated that these people will ever be seeing the outside world again after what they did (failed to do).

Are they gonna give them the other 2 kids back when they're out, too?&nbsp;

R.I.P., little Tiffany.
    A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

[quote author=azkarisma link=topic=26483.msg1694410#msg1694410 date=1281690066]
    Agreed.&nbsp; I am infuriated that these people will ever be seeing the outside world again after what they did (failed to do).

Are they gonna give them the other 2 kids back when they're out, too?&nbsp; &nbsp;

R.I.P., little Tiffany.
    [/quote]

that's what i was thinking too i surely hope not,i wonder if she'll go back to her husband?

[quote author=aphaziak link=topic=26483.msg1693849#msg1693849 date=1281620274]

[/quote]

Me -thefuck- too. I spend 99% of my time on this board either angry, nauseous or weepy. Or all three. My littlest is curled up against me right now. I have NO IDEA how in the hell people can even.. auuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.&nbsp;

[quote author=aphaziak link=topic=26483.msg1693849#msg1693849 date=1281620274]

RIP Tiffany.
    [/quote]
    Me too.&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; And why did I ever click the link to read the rest of the article??&nbsp; Ugghhh&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

Thread Information