Thread: Darlene Flynn, "The Queen of Sole" Beaten to Death, Police Arrest Her 29 yr old Boyfriend, Justin Charles Smith

Darlene Flynn, "The Queen of Sole" Beaten to Death, Police Arrest Her 29 yr old Boyfriend, Justin Charles Smith

(I really hope this doesn't have a thread already - I searched every way I could think of, apologies if it's already up )

RIVERSIDE, Calif. ? Prosecutors say a woman with a world-record collection of more than 15,000 shoes was beaten with a baseball bat and found dead in her swimming pool.

The Riverside Press-Enterprise reports ( ) 29-year-old boyfriend Justin Charles Smith was arraigned Thursday in the death of 58-year-old Darlene Flynn. He didn't enter a plea. http://bit.ly/16fPqWO

Authorities say they went to the Guinness World Record holder's home on Monday after a report of a man and a woman yelling.

When they arrived, they saw a shirtless man running away from the property and found Flynn' body in her backyard pool. It was unclear how long she had been dead.

Smith was arrested later that day.

Friends say the relationship had been volatile. Small claims court records show Flynn alleged Smith owed her nearly $10,000.

Darlene Flynn Update: Boyfriend of reality-TV shoe collector charged in her death July 26, 2013

Justin Charles Smith during a court appearance, July 25, 2013. / CBS Los Angeles (CBS) RIVERSIDE, Calif. -The boyfriend of Darlene Flynn, a Southern California woman best known for appearing on the TLC program "My Collection Obsession," is charged in her murder, CBS Los Angeles reports.

Flynn, 58, was found dead in her swimming pool in Menifee on Monday. Prosecutors say she was beaten to death with a baseball bat.

Her boyfriend, 29-year-old Justin Charles Smith, did not enter a plea to a murder charge in court Thursday. He mouthed, "I'm sorry," repeatedly to his family as he faced the judge, the station reports. His arraignment was pushed back until August 8 and he remains in custody on $1 million bail. Sheriff's deputies were called to Flynn's home around 2p.m. Monday after receiving calls about a domestic disturbance. Deputies removed Flynn from the pool, where a preliminary examination found that the victim "had injuries consistent with blunt force trauma," according to Sgt. Todd Torrenti. Torrenti said deputies saw a shirtless male running from the back of the residence when they attempted to enter the home. Hours later, Smith was arrested. Court records show Smith had a previous misdemeanor conviction for grand theft in 2012. Investigators say he stole Flynn's car and sold it for a profit. In that case, he was sentenced to three years probation. As part of his probation, he was ordered not to have negative contact with Flynn. Flynn, known as "The Shoe Lady" and the "Queen of Sole," had collected more than 16,000 shoes and shoe-related products. She recently set a Guinness World Record for her number of shoes.
    Last edited by blighted star; 07-27-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Prosecutors say a South Californian woman with a world-record collection of more than 15,000 shoes was beaten with a baseball bat and found dead in her swimming pool. Justin Smith, the 29-year-old boyfriend of Darlene Flynn, 58, otherwise known as 'The Shoe Lady,' or 'Queen of Sole,' was arrested on suspicion of murder and arraigned Thursday in relation to her death. He didn't enter a plea, the Riverside Press-Enterprise reports. Authorities say they went to the Guinness World Record holder's home on Monday after a report of a man and a woman yelling.

Motive?

Shoe-shaped breakfast: Mr Smith told TLC that Flynn made him serve her a shoe breakfast

When they arrived, they saw a shirtless man running away from the property and found Flynn's body, which had suffered blunt-force injuries, in her backyard pool. It was unclear how long she had been dead. Mr Smith was arrested later that day near a highway. Friends of the couple say the relationship had been volatile, and neighbor Steven Danford says they had a rocky past.

When they arrived, they saw a shirtless man running away from the property and found Flynn's body, which had suffered blunt-force injuries, in her backyard pool. It was unclear how long she had been dead. Mr Smith was arrested later that day near a highway. Friends of the couple say the relationship had been volatile, and neighbor Steven Danford says they had a rocky past.

I'd hear her yelling. They'd be fighting a little bit, every couple of months or so,' Mr Danford told ABC News station KABC-TV. 'He'd be fighting with her, and he'd take off, and come back a couple hours later. They just did not get along real well ? but he kept coming back.' The Guinness Book of World Records says Flynn had nearly 15,000 shoe-related items, including shoe-shaped furniture, lamps and jewelry, estimated to be worth $500,000. Small claims court records show Flynn alleged Mr Smith owed her nearly $10,000.

Flynn started her collection following a divorce in 2001. By 2006 she had 7,765 items and had been inducted into the Guinness Book of World Records. Among the more famous items are a replica of the Disney Cinderella glass slipper, Dorothy's red shoes from the Wizard of Oz, an array of Betty Boop shoes and Barbie heels by the bundle. In 2012, on TLC's My Collection Obsession, Flynn revealed she met Mr Smith at a local bar. 'I was wearing my sexy light up shoes. . . we danced all night long,' she said. When Flynn first brought Mr Smith over to see her shoe collection, she said he was 'blown away by it'. Wearing a cowboy hat, Mr Smith, who lived with Flynn, revealed to TLC: 'That's all she talks about when she gets up in the morning, shoes, shoes, shoes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...ns-murder.html

Last edited by blighted star; 07-27-2013 at 03:33 AM.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    So what happens to all those shoes?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I had no idea this person existed. Did her collection include the shoe memorabilia, or did she just have 15,000 shoes plus the little shoe trinkets??
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

i hope they bury her in a coffin shaped like a shoe-box.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I had no idea this person existed. Did her collection include the shoe memorabilia, or did she just have 15,000 shoes plus the little shoe trinkets??
    Looks like it did from the second pic posted. I see tons of tiny shoes and faberge looking thingys
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    That's a hard 29.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    That's a hard 29.
    I had the exact same thought.

this is the peice tlc did on her and the guy who killed her is in it too
    man she only lived 30 minutes away from me

from our local papers it said he was on probation cuz he stole her car and then sold at a profit, As part of his probation, he was ordered not to have negative contact with Flynn. - idk wth that means - in the video she said her collection is worth around half million dollars

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...-in-her-death/
    Last edited by Harlette; 07-27-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Beat me to it, Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    That's a hard 29.
    I had to go back and figure out what you were talking about. ...holy shit.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    And she looks great for almost 60. So what the fuck?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

um... 'i'll be surrounded by shoes when i die.' jesus.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    And she looks great for almost 60. So what the fuck?
    She did look great for her age. Her hubby doesnt look like man candy material. He knew she had a weirdo shoe fetish to the ninth degree before he married her so I dont get what his problem was

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    She did look great for her age. Her hubby doesnt look like man candy material. He knew she had a weirdo shoe fetish to the ninth degree before he married her so I dont get what his problem was
    Yes to all the "29" comments. I actually checked several articles several times. I'm still wondering if there's going to be a correction saying "39" - that I'd believe.

Thread Information