Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Norma Lopez (17) was murdered and her body was found in a field

Re: Norma Lopez (17) was murdered and her body was found in a field

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26140.msg1677346#msg1677346 date=1279770885]
    Think is was random, or someone she knew? :(
    [/quote]

The only reason i think it was random is because there was a struggle, they said where she was abducted her personal belongings were scattered around and the dirt showed foot prints and smears like there was some sort of an altercation

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=26140.msg1677351#msg1677351 date=1279771090]
    The only reason i think it was random is because there was a struggle, they said where she was abducted her personal belongings were scattered around and the dirt showed foot prints and smears like there was some sort of an altercation
    [/quote]
    That can happen with someone you know too. You have a crazy ex, right? Hell...seems like all women do. :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26140.msg1677353#msg1677353 date=1279771189]
    That can happen with someone you know too. You have a crazy ex, right? Hell...seems like all women do. :-P
    [/quote]
    lol true.

To be honest I have no idea. I just hope they find out soon because i would hate for her to fall off into "cold case" history. She had some clothes on so hopefully that will have something on it.

Cops arent saying if she was sexually assaulted so i dont know what happened there but ive noticed in a couple articles they have said "remains" instead of a body so I dont know what that means either

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=26140.msg1677360#msg1677360 date=1279771405]
    lol true.

To be honest I have no idea. I just hope they find out soon because i would hate for her to fall off into "cold case" history. She had some clothes on so hopefully that will have something on it.

Cops arent saying if she was sexually assaulted so i dont know what happened there but ive noticed in a couple articles they have said "remains" instead of a body so I dont know what that means either
    [/quote]

It's the same thing.  "Remains" is just a nicer way of putting it.  "Body" is just harsh.

When I was in the funeral business, we'd always say "your mother's remains..."  Just sounds way better than "your mother's body..."

[quote author=holly link=topic=26140.msg1677362#msg1677362 date=1279771516]
    It's the same thing.  "Remains" is just a nicer way of putting it.  "Body" is just harsh.

When I was in the funeral business, we'd always say "your mother's remains..."  Just sounds way better than "your mother's body..."
    [/quote]

Thank you, i was wondering about this.
    I was hoping it didnt mean she was missing parts of her body

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=26140.msg1677364#msg1677364 date=1279771608]
    Thank you, i was wondering about this.
    I was hoping it didnt mean she was missing parts of her body
    [/quote]
    Yea, but toxicology my be impossible. :|
    This is all kinds of fucked up.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26140.msg1677353#msg1677353 date=1279771189]
    [/quote]

Mine died.  :2wave:
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26140.msg1677380#msg1677380 date=1279772695]
    [/quote]

So you have a ghost of a crazy ex... Sounds worse.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26140.msg1677380#msg1677380 date=1279772695]
    [/quote]
    :oops: Luckyyyyyyy.

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=26140.msg1677391#msg1677391 date=1279773280]
    So you have a ghost of a crazy ex... Sounds worse.
    [/quote]

I haven't seen it yet and he's been dead for 10 years now.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26140.msg1677392#msg1677392 date=1279773373]
    :oops: Luckyyyyyyy.
    [/quote]
    :2grin:  Now I'm the only crazy ex in my family.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

We had a beautiful memorial for Norma last night here at the high school.

It was just infront of the school and it wasnt supposed to be that big but hundreds of people from all over showed up so they had to move it to the highschools football stadium

Norma:

Final counts show about 2000 people attended her memorial last night

It has been so fucking hot, and down there I bet it's a little bit hotter... this has to make evidence finding harder, yes? :-(

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Senior Member A Midnight Dreary's Avatar

Police in Southern California are questioning sex offenders who live in the area where Norma Lopez was abducted and murdered, as the hunt for her killer expands.

The 17-year-old girl's body was found Tuesday, five days after she disappeared while walking home from summer school in Moreno Valley, east of Los Angeles.

Police have set up road blocks outside Norma's school, questioning drivers in the hopes of finding someone who may have seen Norma leave school last Thursday and might have seen something that leads to her killer.

Investigators have also began contacting 14 registered sex offenders listed on the Megan's Law website who live within a 2-mile radius of where Norma was last seen.

Police are still looking for the driver of a green SUV seen speeding from the area the day Norma vanished. That person is not considered a suspect, rather a possible witness.

Authorities have declined to release her cause of death, citing the ongoing investigation, and would not say if she was sexually assaulted. Her decomposed body was identified using dental records.

Norma's best friend, Giovanna Gutierrez, said she was supposed to meet Norma at the high school for senior class pictures the day she disappeared.

"She didn't have any problems. She was always full of laughter," Gutierrez said.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/police-question-sex-offenders-in-norma-lopez-murder

This is so sad. I feel just awful for her family. It is so unfair that a person can't even just walk home from school or to the store by themselves these days.

RIP Norma

Family of slain Moreno Valley teen seeks community's help in finding killer

Norma Lopez's family thanks area residents for offering support during their ordeal. The body of the 17-year-old, who was reported missing July 15, was found Tuesday.

The family of Norma Lopez, the 17-year-old Moreno Valley girl who was abducted and later found dead, thanked the community Thursday for its support and urged everyone to help police track down the killer.

Clutching photographs of Norma's first Communion and family trips to Disneyland and Mexico, her father and sister spoke of a bright, spirited teenager determined to graduate from high school and pursue her dreams of becoming a fashion designer and makeup artist.

"My heart is broken," said her older sister, Elizabeth Lopez. "But we're trying to find the person responsible for this to pay for what he has done."

A day after police confirmed Norma's death, family members spoke to reporters gathered on their front lawn, thanking everyone who assisted with the search after Norma disappeared July 15.

They shared details of their final moments with Norma, the daily morning chatter that will remain with them forever. Hours before she disappeared, Norma burst into Elizabeth's room to borrow her shoes. As payment, Norma made her sister a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, decorated with a happy face made from a banana.

"That's the last time I saw my sister," Elizabeth recalled.

Norma Lopez was reported missing when she didn't return from summer school at Valley View High School, triggering a citywide search. Investigators said they found some of the girl's belongings, as well as signs of a struggle, in a vacant field along Cottonwood Avenue, a shortcut she took every day to a friend's house.

Her body was found Tuesday in a grassy field on the eastern edge of town. Authorities declined to provide any further details.

On Thursday, Riverside County sheriff's deputies set up a checkpoint a block from where Norma was abducted, handing out fliers and asking drivers if they had any information. Sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Joe Borja said investigators continue to scour the area for evidence and clues, but no suspects have emerged in the case.

The slaying has put the Riverside County community on edge. Police are telling parents to keep close track of their children.

The Lopez family moved to Moreno Valley nine years ago from La Puente. Her mother was too distraught to appear at the family news conference. .

"My mom was heartbroken since the first day," Elizabeth said. "She just wished she could have done something."

Authorities urge anyone with information about the case to call (877) 242-4345, or send an e-mail to findnormaskiller@riversidesheriff.org.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-norma-20100723,0,6667162.story

heartbreaking all the way over here....may god be with her family.

As soon as I heard the "signs of a struggle part" I had a feeling this one wouldn't end well.

RIP Norma. Hope they find the POS that did this to you. And soon.

Also: This is why I'm not afraid of scary movies with monster and stuff. The things that random humans randomly do to each other is far more frightening  :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

[quote author=aphaziak link=topic=26140.msg1679937#msg1679937 date=1280115945]
    As soon as I heard the "signs of a struggle part" I had a feeling this one wouldn't end well.

RIP Norma. Hope they find the POS that did this to you. And soon.

Also: This is why I'm not afraid of scary movies with monster and stuff. The things that random humans randomly do to each other is far more frightening  :-(
    [/quote]
    Exactly.

When they first found the body I was watching the news at home in Orange County, they did a breaking story and had a helicopter over the investigation, I could not believe how well you could see the body, me and my roomate paused it to see it. It did not look like a tiny teenager, I think she was like 5'4ish and 120lbs or less, me and my roomate thought for sure the body was a male that was alot heavier. I think the heat made the body bloat up. Either way I don't think they realized at first that the camera was so closely on the uncovered body and I hope the family didn't see it.

I hope they find the sicko who did this. I was walking home from school in 2nd grade, it just isn't that kind of world anymore. 

This just really sux.  :x

R.I.P. Norma Lopez

This is so sad I hate seeing stuff like this happen it made me drop a tear too, cause she didn't deserve to die. I hope and pray that they find who did this it really bothers me that this person is still out there walking around. I live in Moreno Valley also and it is just scary thinking about that. I actually work right in the area where she went missing and where they found her body but i dont really know where exactly they found her I just know its close by.

[quote author=Star_ Diamond link=topic=26140.msg1681599#msg1681599 date=1280283052]
    I actually work right in the area where she went missing and where they found her body but i dont really know where exactly they found her I just know its close by.
    [/quote]
    Where do you work? I live in the same area

Yesterday was the Rosary for Norma, the Church is across the street from my house so when I got home from work there were news vans and hundreds of people. It was just so sad. People had RIP Norma written on their car and signs.
    Today is the funeral and thousands are expected to attend. The bishop from San Bernardino is going to do the mass.

Amber Dubois' mother was there to show her support, I thought was really great of her

The news van was across the street from my house, Look for me on the news lol  :2grin:

In other news, they arrested a man today for kidnapping, raping and stabbing a woman not too far from where Norma was abducted. The woman survived and is fine, but im wondering if this guy could have had anything to do with Norma. This activity isnt common so its kind of odd these things would happen around the same time and around the same area

Overflow crowd attends funeral of slain Calif girl

MORENO VALLEY, Calif. (AP) -- Mourners packed a Southern California church Thursday to say goodbye to Norma Lopez, a 17-year-old girl who was abducted just blocks from her school then killed.

Family members, classmates, police and community members filled St. Christopher Catholic Church in Riverside County, with the overflow crowd watching video monitors of the funeral Mass in a separate hall.

Even more people gathered on a sidewalk in front of the church.

White-gloved pallbearers brought Lopez's casket into the church, where it was covered with pink and white roses and placed at the head of the sanctuary with candles and photos of the teenager.

Teenage girls hugged and cried outside the church.

Lopez was abducted July 15 as she walked to a friend's home after a summer school class at Valley View High School, police said. Her body was found five days later in a field two miles away. No arrests have been made.

Rev. Miguel Ceja told the 2,000 mourners there was no explanation for what happened to Norma. He also said they must have faith that Norma's spirit would always be present with the spirit of God.

"Norma is not only a memory, she's a part of us. Through her tragic death, she's managed to bring this community together. Let us work together. That can be the best tribute we can give Norma," Ceja said.

People who didn't know the teenager said they were affected by her death and wanted to show support for her grieving family.

"I'm concerned for my children. We want the killer found and we want justice for Norma," Yvette Serrano said.

---

Information from: The Press-Enterprise, http://www.pe.com

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MISSING_CALIFORNIA_GIRL?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION= US

geeez she was really stunning - I hope they find the beast that killed this poor beauty

I cannot imagine what the family are going through at the moment

:2upset:

Thread Information