I found a bunch of myspace pages for an 18-year-old Tim Delano in Florida, here's one with a July 10, 2010 login that is not private:

http://www.myspace.com/kskt91

And the article, from the Fort Myers News-Press:

1:10 A.M. — The man's voice was breathless and panicked as a 911 operator answered his call.

"I got bit by an alligator and it attacked me and took off my left arm," said Timothy Delano, his voice sputtering.

Then the pain became too much to bear.

"Oh God, oh God, oh God ...," he shrieked.

Delano, 18, is in good condition at Lee Memorial Hospital after an alligator bit off his left hand while he was swimming in a Golden Gate Estates canal.

Doctors were unable to reattach Delano's hand, which was retrieved from the alligator's stomach, according to a report by WINK News.

Delano, a recent graduate of Palmetto Ridge High School, was with friends about 9:30 p.m. Sunday at a canal known as "The Crystal" near Everglades Boulevard South and 42nd Avenue Southeast in Collier County. Delano was on a rock in the middle of the canal, but fell into the water. While he tried to get back on the rock, the 10-foot, 2-inch alligator grabbed his hand, according to a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission report.

"He started punching it and I guess he punched him enough and it broke loose," Delano's mother, Deborah Delano, told WINK. "It took his hand off, and he went one way and he went the other."

Delano and his friends managed to swim to shore and get into a car, where he called 911. A helicopter transported Delano to Lee Memorial Hospital.

An hour or two later, David Regal, a veteran trapper of 26 years, caught the gator using cow lungs as bait, according to WINK. When he cut the gator open, he found Delano's hand in his stomach.

Delano is the sixth alligator bite victim in Florida this year, according to data from FWC. None of the attacks have been fatal, according to the agency.

Since 1948, there have been 517 reported bites - provoked and unprovoked - in Florida. Alligators have killed 22 people in the past 37 years. Six were killed in Southwest Florida, the most recent five years ago.

Incidents involving humans vs. gators are infrequent, especially considering that more than 1.25 million alligators live in the state, said Gabriella Ferraro, FWC spokeswoman.

People should keep in mind that gators can be in every freshwater lake, pond or canal, she said.

And this time of year, gators are looking for food, and they will take any opportunity to get it, Ferraro said.

Aside from being cautious near fresh water, particularly at dawn or dusk, humans should make sure pets are on a leash or fenced in and that children aren't playing near water.

"Avoid the situation, and most likely, you won't need to worry about it," Ferraro said.

Deborah Delano wants to warn others to stay away from the canal where her son was attacked.

"Don't let anybody they know or love go swim at The Crystal," Deborah Delano told WINK. "It's not a safe place."

To report a nuisance alligator - one that is more than 4 feet in length and does not retreat when approached, approaches people or is in an unnatural location - call the Statewide Nuisance Alligator Program at 866-392-4286.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20...ligator-attack
Hope he has a speedy recovery & rehabilitation.