Thread: Justin Perk - 15 March 2010

Olivia

Justin Perk - 15 March 2010

http://www.myspace.com/62441700

Today was the most depressing arraignment ever.  I delivered to the court a copy of Justin Perk’s obituary.

I had known Justin for years and, like everyone else that knew him, really liked him.  He felt more like a little brother than a client.

He was so likeable with his great smile, upbeat disposition, and empathy for others.  Even when we’d be discussing his issues, he usually wanted to talk more about how we was concerned about someone else, mom, dad, sisters, friends, etc.

He was never in any major trouble – he just like to drive fast (cars, trucks, motocycles, boats, his Mustang, whatever).

Once when I read a police report to him indicating he was speeding along at 85 m.p.h. he protested.  “Man, there’s no way I was going that fast!  I just stopped and turned at the corner.”

When I raised an eyebrow, he flashed that great, sometimes mischievious smile and said, “I’m serious!  But, if he would have seen me before I came around the corner ….”

I’m going to miss that smile.  I already miss everything about him.

Here is his obituary:

Justin Douglas Perk born July 1, 1987 died suddenly and entirely too soon on March 15, 2010 at the age of 22. Justin was born and raised in Fort Myers, Florida. He received his high school diploma in May 2006 and had recently successfully completed Bartender School and was accepted by Heritage Institute to begin their Radiology Technician and Medical Assistant Program. He was planning to continue his current work as a hydraulics technician with Fast Equipment where he had worked for the past four years.

Justin was born to E. Gail Varley and Roger D. Perk, both currently of Fort Myers. His stepmother, Charletta Perk, preceded him in death. He will forever be remembered by his half sister and brother-in-law, Melissa and Nathan Whitman, his stepsisters Amber Herschberger and Jordan Binder and his stepbrother Aaron Herschberger. Justin’s other family members are his grandmother Anne Varley, Peggy and Bill Markham, Robert and Gloria Varley and Fred Varley, nephew and niece, Cayden and Maddison Whitman, and two cousins, Anna Varley and Joel Varley.

Justin was a free spirit – an adventurer and someone who loved GO FAST things. In Switzerland, he didn’t hesitate to take a 450-foot bungee jump from a gondola over a lake. In Alaska, he was excited about experiencing the steepest and fastest zipline in the country. He had his first motorcycle at age 6 and loved helping his dad with the drag bike when Roger was racing. He was athletic and played baseball, basketball, soccer and football. Fishing with his friends, boating, the beach and just “hanging out” with his friends were also favorite pastimes. Justin went skydiving this past year and fell in love with the skies. He even got his dad to jump. Through the years, many nights were spent with friends in the garage shooting pool and playing ping-pong. He was a wonderful friend to his friends.

Justin touched the lives of many people with his smile, sense of humor and good nature. Justin you are so loved by so many. You are a shining star and you lived your life burning brightly. You will shine in our hearts always.

http://obrien-law.com/blog/2010/03/gone-too-soon-justin-d-perk/

Re: Justin Perk - 15 March 2010

I don't know what happened to him, but 9 days before his death, he was arrested for DUI:

"On March 6, 2010, at approximately 04:30 am, Lee County Sheriff's Deputies arrested Justin Perk, D.O.B. 07/01/87 of 15341 Thornton Road, Fort Myers, for DUI. The incident occurred in the area of 6518 Town & River Road, Fort Myers, Florida."

http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=12124924

Re: Justin Perk - 15 March 2010

here's his girlfriend's facebook

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=805470330

no mention of what happened

Thread Information