Thread: ABC 20/20 - Katie Piper

ABC 20/20 - Katie Piper

I'm sure some of you might not be interested in this, or have seen it already.. But I really just wanted to share it because it's such a touching story!  :-(

Summary: Two years ago, Katie Piper had her whole life ahead of her - she was 24 years old, working as a model and TV presenter, and enjoying life as a young woman in London.

But then something happened which was to change her life forever.

A man called Danny Lynch, whom she met on a social networking internet site, sent an accomplice to throw acid in her face.

Katie was left fighting for her life and suffering from horrific, disfiguring burns to her face, chest and arms.

In the course of the last 24 months, Katie has had to endure more than 30 operations.

She still bears the scars of the attack and has to wear a transparent perspex face mask 23 hours a day.

Earlier this year the men who attacked her were sentenced to long prison terms by the British courts.

Episode of 20/20: http://www.hulu.com/watch/161966/abc-2020-fri-jul-2-2010#s-p1-so-i0

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: ABC 20/20 - Katie Piper

I saw this episode. It was so fucked up. I didn't understand how things got so crazy so quickly. They weren't dating for that long. And why would you want to do that to someone? I didn't see the point. God, what a sick fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Thread Information