Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Intervention

Re: Intervention

The world getting better? I wish. If anything it is getting much much worse

[quote author=Apathetic link=topic=4572.msg179341#msg179341 date=1170955201]
    The world getting better? I wish. If anything it is getting much much worse
    [/quote]

yes dont get me started , i agree
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I'am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I'am your wonder bra!

Applaud for you for agreeing with me lol

Do you guys remember the lady who was a teacher, and got drunk and cheated on her husband so he divorced her..  damn, i forgot her name.

So now she drinks like 4 bottles of cheap wine a day. Her sister found her in her pajamas laying by the counter of the liquor store taking a nap.. :lol:

And her house was so nasty, theres like dog shit everywhere, her dog is wandering around like it hasn't eaten in days.. she only has 1 couch for furniture, no bed or anything.

I wanted to smack her, grab her by the hair and be like "STOP DRINKING SO GODDAMN MUCH AND FEED YOUR FUCKING DOGS, HOOKER!"
    [size=11pt]In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.[/size]  [size=9pt]-Aristotle[/size]

I think part of the reason for the reruns is because the show has been on for awhile and the addicts are becoming more savvy. They probably refuse to participate in documentaries because they fear an intervention.
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

[quote author=wickedgirl link=topic=4572.msg179488#msg179488 date=1170960646]
    I think part of the reason for the reruns is because the show has been on for awhile and the addicts are becoming more savvy. They probably refuse to participate in documentaries because they fear an intervention.
    [/quote]

I wondered about that when the show first started airing. I thought &quot;aren't addicts going to see this and know something's up when they get approached to do a show about addiction?&quot;.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

[quote author=LawChick link=topic=4572.msg178682#msg178682 date=1170906304]
    I could not figure out why she insisted on drinking out of those little bottles instead of getting large bottles. That would be cheaper and less of a hassle for her because then she wouldn't have to go to the store nine hundred times a day. I guess it's because she can hide the little bottles easier than she could large bottles. I would be embarrassed to go to a liquor store that often buying my tiny bottles of vodka but I guess if I was an alcoholic I wouldn't care as much.
    [/quote]
    Nor could I. She was really the one addict that I remembered the most out of all of intervention with the exception with a few others. I remember seeing tamela who cut herself and thinking wow and also thinking in my head get over it but I know it's not that easy and just because I'm not affected by that I still know that somethings are harder to just get over. My dad is an alcoholic and I never really thought about it until I got older and drank my first beer. I remember thinking in my head wow whenever I gave my dad a hug or when I did see him this is the same exact smell.

[quote author=turtlenads link=topic=4572.msg179495#msg179495 date=1170961028]

I wondered about that when the show first started airing. I thought &quot;aren't addicts going to see this and know something's up when they get approached to do a show about addiction?&quot;.
    [/quote]

I thought the same thing to start with and then this thought came to mind....
    &quot;How many crackhead, heroin addict, strung out strippers are at home on sunday nite watching A&amp;E?&quot;
    <br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=hunibuni link=topic=4572.msg179637#msg179637 date=1170965363]
    &quot;How many crackhead, heroin addict, strung out strippers are at home on sunday nite watching A&amp;E?&quot;
    [/quote]

Haahhh!! Excellent point.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=hunibuni link=topic=4572.msg179637#msg179637 date=1170965363]
    [/quote]
    None of the ones that I hang out with.
    Congrats on 1000 posts Turtle.......
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4572.msg180400#msg180400 date=1170990684]
    None of the ones that I hang out with.
    Congrats on 1000 posts Turtle.......
    [/quote]

Hey, I didn't even notice that! Thanks, Ron!!

Doing the Dance of 1000 Posts now....The Running Man....The Cabbage Patch....The Coca Cola...The Roger Rabbit...aww yeah! Whooot!

congrats Turtle on the 1,000 posts!!!

I however am celebrating (far behind you) that I have earned my sr member status!!!&nbsp;
    applause for all!!!!!!

<br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=hunibuni link=topic=4572.msg181052#msg181052 date=1171041859]
    congrats Turtle on the 1,000 posts!!!

I however am celebrating (far behind you) that I have earned my sr member status!!!&nbsp;
    applause for all!!!!!!

[/quote]

Yay for your Sr. Member Status!&nbsp; Whoot!!!

:rockon: interventions is on for those of us that like it. 10:00 eastern time.
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I&#039;am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I&#039;am your wonder bra!

roflcopter pilot Mr. Formaldehyde's Avatar

[quote author=luscious link=topic=4572.msg183497#msg183497 date=1171247057]
    :rockon: interventions is on for those of us that like it. 10:00 eastern time.
    [/quote]

Patience patience...still got a few minutes, but yeah, I'll be watching. Hopefully it's one I haven't seen before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Formaldehyde
    errrr...you got a towel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_XO
    no, I got a face though.

[quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde link=topic=4572.msg183548#msg183548 date=1171248934]
    Patience patience...still got a few minutes, but yeah, I'll be watching. Hopefully it's one I haven't seen before.
    [/quote]
    I know
    I don't think I've seen this episode.
    I also love this day because I also love watching first 48.

it is about tammy and daniel, so i dont know if you guys seen it.
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I&#039;am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I&#039;am your wonder bra!

1-3 pints of alcohol a day? Damn, I don't even drink that much on a consistent basis.

&quot;I'm not drunk&quot;&nbsp; &nbsp; :lol:
    errrr...you got a towel?
    no, I got a face though.

I'm watching it now. I've never seen this one before. But let me tell you, there is nothing I love more than an evangelical christian addict. Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    No one ever gets me. Where is Lawchick? We speak the same intellectual language.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Fuckin LawChick, how does she work?

1-3 pints of vodka a day, ehhh shes got nothin on the tiny bottles of vodka lady.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde link=topic=4572.msg183583#msg183583 date=1171249786]
    1-3 pints of alcohol a day? Damn, I don't even drink that much on a consistent basis.

&quot;I'm not drunk&quot;&nbsp; &nbsp; :lol:
    [/quote]
    For reals.
    I can drink about 1 on the weekends but to go through more than that everyday that's crazy.
    the &quot;i'm not drunk&quot; is obviously denial. Watching the episodes where they feature alcoholics reminds me so much of my dad.

[quote author=brie star link=topic=4572.msg183597#msg183597 date=1171250079]
    1-3 pints of vodka a day, ehhh shes got nothin on the tiny bottles of vodka lady.
    [/quote]

yeah, she was good entertainment
    errrr...you got a towel?
    no, I got a face though.

[quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde link=topic=4572.msg183621#msg183621 date=1171250580]
    yeah, she was good entertainment
    [/quote]

She was always yelling out about something. I loved when she sat on her back porch screaming &quot;Where are my babies? Where are my babies?&quot; I'm like honey, they're with your ex-husband. No need to scream about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    No one ever gets me. Where is Lawchick? We speak the same intellectual language.
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash bitchy blonde View Post
    Fuckin LawChick, how does she work?

[quote author=LawChick link=topic=4572.msg183635#msg183635 date=1171250871]
    She was always yelling out about something. I loved when she sat on her back porch screaming &quot;Where are my babies? Where are my babies?&quot; I'm like honey, they're with your ex-husband. No need to scream about it.
    [/quote]
    Yea it was especially amazing how she manipulated her mother in order to get to that wine. Daniel so reminds me of my friend who turned to meth also because she was molested.She was into that for a good while but after a while she got over it and I really can't explain why but she doesn't use it anymore. I think however that she's put it more towards alcohol.

[quote author=Evon link=topic=4572.msg183643#msg183643 date=1171251047]
    Yea it was especially amazing how she manipulated her mother in order to get to that wine. Daniel so reminds me of my friend who turned to meth also because she was molested.She was into that for a good while but after a while she got over it and I really can't explain why but she doesn't use it anymore. I think however that she's put it more towards alcohol.
    [/quote]

yeah those poor lil old ladies!
    but they caught onto her though knowing she was drunk.

the one thing about this show is, i only find the beginning of it interesting.
    i never like the intervention part.&nbsp; and im already pretty much bored with this episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Thread Information