Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Intervention

Intervention

Anyone else watch this show (10 & 11 p.m. Sundays on A&E)?  Tonight's episode was fucking hardcore.  The addict wasn't the worst they've had, but... I can't believe Dea died.  Holy shit. 

That's kind of why I love the show so much.  Nothing is censored but the profanity.  And I used to have a very ignorant attitude towards addicts, and now I like to consider myself a little wiser.  Not just because I watched some episodes on the tv - my ex is an addict as well and I learned to know when it was him speaking or the drugs/lack of drugs speaking (and not take it so personally). 

And that's enough about me.  How about you guys. 
    Bisexual black female<br />in search of straight male<br />for love relationship<br />...long walks on the beach<br />...a good book in front of the fire<br />..and lots and lots of anal sex<br />--send photo--

Re: Intervention

That reminds me, I've been intending t go cold-turkey on caffeine.&nbsp; The six cups of coffee and three or four No-Doz a day, plus my odd tendency to squeeze out my teabags after letting them steep for half an hour, really aren't doing me much good anymore.&nbsp; Prepare to face Godzilla (in the form of noodleboy) for the next week or so.&nbsp; to
    [tt][size=17pt]Most hottest user of correct grammar and syntax.[/size][/tt]<br /><br />[quote author=waltflannigansdog]<br />...spiders fuck up everything...[/quote]

[quote author=noodleboy link=topic=4572.msg173541#msg173541 date=1170649020]
    That reminds me, I've been intending t go cold-turkey on caffeine.&nbsp; The six cups of coffee and three or four No-Doz a day, plus my odd tendency to squeeze out my teabags after letting them steep for half an hour, really aren't doing me much good anymore.&nbsp; Prepare to face Godzilla (in the form of noodleboy) for the next week or so.&nbsp; to
    [/quote]

WOW. that is intense. i like to pretend i'm not addicted to anything except carbs.
    [quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=4526.msg172502#msg172502 date=1170561506]<br />How can you have any lack of love for SG!?!?<br /><br />I tink shes more kewler then most!<br />[/quote]

Yeah i watch this when i can...I don't think i've seen the one you are referring to though Suzy....
    I'll have to keep my eyes open for that one....

I saw this one once where this bloke was addicted to video games.....now he was sad in a really pathetic kind of way....and this hot chick liked him and he was too into his gaming to give a shit....wanker.

roflcopter pilot Mr. Formaldehyde's Avatar

[quote author=LivingDeadDoll link=topic=4572.msg173564#msg173564 date=1170650218]
    I saw this one once where this bloke was addicted to video games.....now he was sad in a really pathetic kind of way....and this hot chick liked him and he was too into his gaming to give a shit....wanker.
    [/quote]

I saw that one too. He looked so intense while he was playing those games, it was absurd. He looked like he was gonna strike his brother for interrupting his gaming session. He clearly didn't want to be bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Formaldehyde
    errrr...you got a towel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_XO
    no, I got a face though.

yeah i saw that one too.
    i didnt see the one mentioned up top though, but thanks for spoiling it!

did anyone see the one with the girl druggie and she just ran around her room naked and her sister would come in and they would get in all sorts of fights.
    she was seriously delusional. there was more to it, but i cant remember what she thought she was.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Yea man. I LOVE Intervention! What a great show.&nbsp;
    I can't get enough of watching chicks sell their ass for meth.&nbsp; :lol:
    It's like going behind the scenes of the show 'Cops'

Once again, it's showing people and their addictions.&nbsp;
    It's not an illness. I hate when people call it that.&nbsp;

Tell the guy that has the gout that his illness is the same as the guy that's playing video games.&nbsp;

I feel for these people, and I think that some need help.
    But if you're a functioning addict, then leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

roflcopter pilot Mr. Formaldehyde's Avatar

[quote author=brie star link=topic=4572.msg173816#msg173816 date=1170683945]
    did anyone see the one with the girl druggie and she just ran around her room naked and her sister would come in and they would get in all sorts of fights.
    she was seriously delusional. there was more to it, but i cant remember what she thought she was.
    [/quote]

I've actually seen that one a couple of times. That girl was quite simply out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Formaldehyde
    errrr...you got a towel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_XO
    no, I got a face though.

I saw this show once and vowed I'd get myself into it.&nbsp; Didn't happen.

Well there is always tomorrow beri! Remember, nobody likes a quitter!
    <br />The best thing happened. A guy was butchering Conway Twitty at Karaoke and the power went off in the bar. Someone shouted you pissed Jesus off when you messed with Conway!

I think it's disgusting.&nbsp; I haven't seen an episode where any of them actually stay in recovery.&nbsp; Then again, I've only seen about two shows.&nbsp; Ugh, those poor families.

This is true.&nbsp; I am pretty sure the one I saw showed a chick injecting...I wish I really didn't see that.&nbsp; But hey, I guess that is what the point of the show is.&nbsp;

I LOVE this show. Its quality entertainment!!

Brie, I know for a fact you are talking about darling Cristy. I have that episode recorded on my DVR, it's that good. :lol:

She is crrrrraaaaaazy! I like when she's sitting in her room, naked, all meth'd out and drunk, trying to do math... This is basically her mathematical reasoning..

&quot;So.. a positive, plus a positive...PLUS a negative equals......wait, scratch that.. a negative plus a positive, plus a negative is... I don't fucking know&quot;

I can watch that episode over and over, every time someone comes to my house, I play that for them. It's almost as good as a 'say no to drugs' campaign in itself. :lol:
    [size=11pt]In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.[/size]&nbsp; [size=9pt]-Aristotle[/size]

[quote author=SuzySteamboat link=topic=4572.msg173531#msg173531 date=1170648395]
    Anyone else watch this show (10 &amp; 11 p.m. Sundays on A&amp;E)?&nbsp; Tonight's episode was fucking hardcore.&nbsp; The addict wasn't the worst they've had, but... I can't believe Dea died.&nbsp; Holy shit.&nbsp;

That's kind of why I love the show so much.&nbsp; Nothing is censored but the profanity.&nbsp; And I used to have a very ignorant attitude towards addicts, and now I like to consider myself a little wiser.&nbsp; Not just because I watched some episodes on the tv - my ex is an addict as well and I learned to know when it was him speaking or the drugs/lack of drugs speaking (and not take it so personally).&nbsp;

And that's enough about me.&nbsp; How about you guys.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I love this show!! I was shocked that Dea died, really sad!

Who is Dea....was that a new one last night?

DAMN it! i just moved last week and won't have my DirecTV until Friday!

edit: Here is darling Cristy!! She is such a classy little doll.

http://www.aetv.com/intervention/int_episode_guide.jsp?episode=180902
    [size=11pt]In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.[/size]&nbsp; [size=9pt]-Aristotle[/size]

Dea was the best friend of the addict that they put into rehab. They used to shoot up together.

The thing with Cristy was that it was abundantly clear she didn't want help. I mean honestly, I had no clue why they were even bothering.

And some of the people have stayed sober, one that comes to mind was that lady Sylvia who was the alcoholic who lost her kids, that guy from Boston who was an alcoholic/crack addict, and the blonde chick who was a meth addict who lost everything due to her addiction, including her marriage and child. I believe she's now doing public service announcements in her area.
    <br /><br />I guess I&#39;ll never understand.

Its really great to see the ppl who cleaned up, I just hope they stayed like that though &amp; didnt relapse

[quote author=Apathetic link=topic=4572.msg174583#msg174583 date=1170704275]
    Its really great to see the ppl who cleaned up, I just hope they stayed like that though &amp; didnt relapse
    [/quote]

I think that it helps people understand that addicts come from every walk of life and that it destroys absolutely.
    Addiction is no respecter of persons or status.

<br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

I despise this show.&nbsp; The last thing I want to fill my down-time with is some loser drug-addict wreaking havoc on their families with their CHOICES&nbsp;

[quote author=angela link=topic=4572.msg174986#msg174986 date=1170713653]
    I despise this show.&nbsp; The last thing I want to fill my down-time with is some loser drug-addict wreaking havoc on their families with their CHOICES&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I actually think it's very funny at times......
    of course as hotsauce said,
    &quot;hunibuni you are a bitch!&quot;

i resemble that remark.
    <br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=hunibuni link=topic=4572.msg174997#msg174997 date=1170714002]
    &quot;hunibuni you are a bitch!&quot;

i resemble that remark.

[/quote]

hahaha, i hope thats what you meant!
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

i also like this show.
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I&#039;am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I&#039;am your wonder bra!

[quote author=noodleboy link=topic=4572.msg173541#msg173541 date=1170649020]
    That reminds me, I've been intending t go cold-turkey on caffeine.&nbsp; The six cups of coffee and three or four No-Doz a day, plus my odd tendency to squeeze out my teabags after letting them steep for half an hour, really aren't doing me much good anymore.&nbsp; Prepare to face Godzilla (in the form of noodleboy) for the next week or so.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

I had to read that a couple times~~I think I was reading something you weren't writing, heh heh.
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Ah we've only had season 1 in Australia so far.....so i still have Cristi to look forward too!!

ahahaha hooooray!

Did anybody see the one (it was one of the first ones) with Gabe??

He was a gambling addict...maybe alcoholic, too.&nbsp; He had the most whiny, nasally voice, ever!!

Gawd, what a little bitch he was.

A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Thread Information