Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Most Notorious Murders In Your State

My freshman year at Virginia Tech is one I will never forget!

The Virginia Tech massacre was a school shooting that took place on April 16, 2007, on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. Seung-Hui Cho, a senior at Virginia Tech, shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others in two separate attacks, approximately two hours apart, before committing suicide (another six people were injured escaping from classroom windows) The massacre is the deadliest shooting incident by a single gunman in U.S. history.

We had this in my town when I was younger. Being a bit younger than Kathleen, it was the first time I realized there were "bad" people in my town. It has never been solved.

Brutal Murder Still Haunts City of Norwalk
    On September 23, 1986, eleven year old Kathleen Flynn was reported missing by her mother. The sixth grader at Ponus Ridge Middle School had not been seen since she left school that day. Police, firefighters and civilian volunteers searched for the young girl and found her early next morning in some woods alongside the middle school. Kathleen Flynn had been sexually assaulted and strangled. The State of Connecticut is offering a $20,000 reward for information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of Kathleen Flynn's killer(s). If you know anything about this case, please call Norwalk Detective Sgt. Art Weisgerber at 203-854-3011.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie_Girl View Post
    My freshman year at Virginia Tech is one I will never forget!

The Virginia Tech massacre was a school shooting that took place on April 16, 2007, on the campus of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. Seung-Hui Cho, a senior at Virginia Tech, shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others in two separate attacks, approximately two hours apart, before committing suicide (another six people were injured escaping from classroom windows) The massacre is the deadliest shooting incident by a single gunman in U.S. history.
    I was about to post this. Was within earshot of sirens and the VT alarm system warning you to stay away from doors and windows

Where they don't have maps.......such as..

Roger dean evil son of a bitch ! http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/...08-10e1dd.html
    Advertisement

Nursing home did not check Roger Dean's CV before Quakers Hill fire: inquest
    September 8, 2014 - 8:53PM
    Neale Beck, who lost his mother, with his family.
    Neale Beck, who lost his mother, with his family.Photo: Marco Del Grande
    Share Adjust font size Read Later
    EmailFacebookGoogle PlusTwitterWhatsapp
    By PAUL BIBBY
    When drug-addicted nurse Roger Dean applied for a job at the Quakers Hill nursing home in September 2011 his CV stated that he had spent the past four years working at the local Cheesecake Shop.

His only two referees were the shop's manager, who was also Deans' boyfriend at the time, and a supervisor from a nursing job some 14 years earlier.

Without calling either referee, the nursing home gave Dean the job, and within weeks had made him the sole registered nurse during the night shift, giving him virtually unfettered access to the home's supply of opioid painkillers.Two months later, the NSW Coroner's Court has heard, Dean set fire to the home while residents slept in their beds, murdering 11 of them.

As Deputy NSW Coroner Hugh Dillon began a coronial inquiry into the 11 deaths and deaths of three other residents soon after, it was revealed that, had the home's management checked into Dean's work history they might have discovered a series of disturbing incidents from his past.

While employed at St John of God Hospital in 2011, Dean had presented to work with slurred speech, his clothing dishevelled, and with white spittle around his mouth.He was immediately suspended and sent home.

But Dean claimed later that his unusual behaviour was the result of a change in his medication for bi-polar disorder. This was supported by a letter from the nurse's doctor, Dr Mohamad Sadiq Asar, indicating that his medication had changed.

However, it later emerged that Dr Asar had never formally diagnosed Dean with bi-polar. Despite this, the inquest heard, he had prescribed the nurse with powerful prescription drugs including pain killers and anti-depressants, often at the nurse's own request.But this wasn't the first time Dean's behaviour had raised serious concern in a NSW hospital.

The inquest heard that four years earlier, while Dean was working at St George Hospital, he was involved in a dispute with his supervisor over patient notes in which he accused her of being patronising and condescending.

Soon after the incident, the woman's car was found with screws in the tyres and paint poured over the roof.

Dean resigned from the hospital before an investigation took place.

Neither of these incidents, the inquest heard, was reported to a disciplinary or registered body, and just months later Dean turned up to the Quakers Hill home where he was employed soon after.

Roger Dean charged over nursing home fire

Six people dead in nursing home fire
    Police charged nurse with murder
    Nurse allegedly stayed at scene, helped

By Yoni Bashan - The Sunday Telegraph

November 20, 2011

ROGER KINGSLEY Dean seemed like a hero, telling television cameras how he rescued patients from a burning nusing home. But police believe he set the sheets alight, killing six people and watched the nusing home burn.

Mr Dean, 35, of Quakers Hill, yesterday appeared via video link before Magistrate Andrew George at Parramatta Bail Court charged with the murders of Alma Smith, Lola Bennett and two other unidentified victims, all of whom perished as a result of Friday's horrific blaze.

Mr Dean had only been working at the home for a couple of months following an alleged dispute with his previous employer.

From a holding cell at the Penrith Correctional Centre, Mr Dean, a registered nurse at Quakers Hill Nursing Home, was yesterday remanded in custody to reappear in the Central Local Court on Thursday.

The accused arsonist is expected to face further murder charges following the death of Ella Wood, 97, who died at Concord Repatriation General Hospital yesterday morning, and a 79-year-old woman who passed away at 9.30am today at Liverpool Hospital.

With several people remaining in a critical condition in intensive care units at Royal North Shore and Concord hospitals, it is feared that the death toll will rise.

Homicide Squad boss Detective Superintendent Michael Willing said alleged killer Mr Dean was arrested on Friday night. He was charged early yesterday following several hours of questioning at Quakers Hill police station.

"The inquiry is going to take some time. We have spoken to employees at the nursing home . . . we received information from the public," he said.

Detective Willing said that a detailed forensic analysis of the scene would begin once the burnt-out building on Hambledon Rd was deemed to be secure.

Police allege Mr Dean, a night-shift worker at the facility, was one of four carers on duty at the time of the fire, which engulfed the residence at 4.55am, trapping 88 elderly residents, many of whom suffered from dementia.

Not long after they were evacuated from the inferno, Mr Dean, covered in ash and soot, was hailed as a "hero" for his part in the dramatic rescue of some of the residents.

"There was a fire and I just quickly just did what I can (to) get everyone out," Mr Dean told television news crews.

As more than 100 firefighters battled to contain the blaze and emergency workers laboured through the devastation, Mr Dean allegedly remained at the scene, inside the police tape, observing the clean-up effort from a police mobile command centre across the road.

Authorities believe the inferno started in two separate rooms of the nursing home, with the blazes ignited just moments apart.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard described it as a "very, very dark day".

"To imagine frail elderly people caught up in a fire like that, at risk of being engulfed by the flames, is truly horrifying." she said. "I do want to issue words of thanks, too, to the staff of the nursing home who played a role in the rescue efforts."

Among the amazing stories of survival was the rescue of World War II veteran, Reg Green, who was sleeping in the wing next to the front desk, close to where one of the fires broke out.

He was taken to Westmead Hospital, where doctors told his family that his chances of survival were slim due to smoke inhalation.

"He was covered in soot," said his son Gary Green, a 49-year-old steel worker from Glenmore Park.

His father, who suffered from dementia and was bed-ridden, had lived at the nursing home for six years.

Mr Green had to be cut out of his clothes by emergency workers.

Sympathy for the victims

Blinking back tears, Sue Webeck spoke with The Sunday Telegraph after visiting her mother, Verna, yesterday.

"She isn't in a good condition at all today," Ms Webeck said.

"She's just lying there murmuring: 'I love you'."

"I don't know if she will make it through.

"She has been a fighter but she is really sick."

Ms Webeck said her 82-year-old mother had been bedridden for six years.

"She inhaled a lot of smoke during the fire."

Gary Barnier, chief executive of the nursing home's owner, Domain Principal Group, offered the company's condolences to families.

"We express our deepest sympathy to the families who lost a loved ones," Mr Barnier said. "Our thoughts remain with the residents still in hospital, and their families and friends.

"Our immediate focus is on ensuring the wellbeing of our residents, and providing the care and support they, and their families, need at this difficult time.

"All residents are being settled into temporary accommodation, most within the local area.

"We also thank the emergency services for their outstanding efforts.

"We are overwhelmed by the outpouring of community support to our residents and employees."

With Caroline Marcus and Rosie Squires

"He was effectively employed without anyone interviewing anyone on the CV and, insofar as the CV was concerned, not having had aged care experience since 1997," Counsel assisting the inquiry Kristina Stern, SC, said in her opening address.

"That someone with that history could find himself working in a place where he had access to schedule 8 drugs is obviously of some concern," she said.

"There is also clearly a very real public interest concern in someone with an addiction being employed in a position of responsibility over vulnerable elderly patients."

Ms Stern said the home's screening of prospective employees and the lack of any easily accessible report about the killer's past would be among the issues examined during the inquest.

The hearing continues.

That would be hard to decide on. Ohio tends to be a pretty murdery place. Statewide, I would say Torso Murders in Cleveland are pretty well known and notorious and kind of what Elliot Ness made his name on, locally, a year and a half ago, a guy walked up to his ex in Wal Mart in the town I live in, Shot her in the head then killed himself. And it's not really a murder, by Pretty Boy Floyd was killed in my hometown, East Liverpool by Melvin Purvis.

Ohio is pretty murdery.

I would say Donald Harvey is the most notorious. The original "Angel of Death".

http://murderpedia.org/male.H/h/harvey-donald.htm

A.K.A.: "Angel of Death"

Classification: Serial killer
    Characteristics: Self-professed "Angel of Death"
    Number of victims: 37 - 87
    Date of murders: 1970 - 1987
    Date of arrest: April 1987
    Date of birth: April 15, 1952
    Victims profile: Men and women (patients)
    Method of murder: Smothering with plastic and pillow / Poisoning (arsenic, cyanide, demerol, morphine, codeine) / Deprivation of oxygen using a faulty oxigen tank
    Status: Sentenced to life in prison in Ohio in August 1987. Sentenced to life in prison in Kentucky in November 1987

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Georgia, my birth state.
    http://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/rivera-reinaldo.htm
    This psychopath was on a roll in my neighborhood and I saw him a couple times. I lived in a cul-de-sac in 2001, Augusta, Ga. and this weird colored compact car drove by real slow and kept going.

That happened 3 times from what I remember, then females started turning up raped and murdered. Sergent Marni Glista, a Fort Gordon Soldier was found
    murdered in her home, a stones throw from my house.
    The local news showed a picture of a car driven by a Hispanic male, who was soliciting females for modeling.
    When I saw the car I instantly remembered seeing it a few times. Scary times.

Wayne Williams
    http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/williams-wayne.htm

The Dixie Mafia. Billy Gene Birt and Bobby Gene Gaddis...
    http://murderpedia.org/male.B/b/birt-billy-sunday.htm

Per Murderpedia, According to Sheriff Earl Lee, Birt has killed 56 people, making him the number one multiple murderer in the state of Georgia.
    The Heidt murders near Savannah, Ga. spawned a few true crime shows on ID and 48Hours/Dateline. Horrendous.
    http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-...t-ga-courtroom
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eaks-time.html
    Robin Heidt is a CuntHo, she makes me sick.

South Carolina, currently living.
    Donald PeeWee Henry Gasking. OMG!
    http://murderpedia.org/male.G/g1/gas...nald-henry.htm

Close to where I live now. I remember the Larry Gene Bell murders like it was yesterday...
    http://murderpedia.org/male.B/b1/bell-larry-gene.htm
    Sharon Faye Smith and Debra May Helmick were so young and innocent.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

I cannot say this was notorious, but this one happened in my town. Kandy and I were the same age, or around the same age. It was so scary and confusing to us young kids trying to understand what happened.
    http://murderpedia.org/male.E/e1/earhart-james-otto.htm

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    I cannot say this was notorious, but this one happened in my town. Kandy and I were the same age, or around the same age. It was so scary and confusing to us young kids trying to understand what happened.
    http://murderpedia.org/male.E/e1/earhart-james-otto.htm
    Chilling.
    Per Murderpedia...

PRIOR CRIMINAL HISTORY

At the punishment phase of trial, the State presented evidence of other violent conduct by Earhart. Earhart's sister, Johnnie Ruth Johnson, testified that in 1981 she and Earhart were returning from visiting the grave of their deceased brother when they stopped at a church. Earhart exited the car and went to the bathroom. When he returned, he went over and placed his hands on Johnson's neck. Johnson said, "James, I'm your sister. What's the matter?" Johnson then got out of the car and ran approximately four miles to her house and has not been alone with Earhart since the incident.

Sharon Brown, Earhart's cousin, testified that in 1981 she was watching television with Earhart when he put his arm across her throat and his hand on her stomach. Brown became angry and was able to persuade Earhart to take his hands off her. Brown then ran into her bedroom and locked the door.

Mary Husband, a resident of Brazos County, Texas, testified that Earhart answered an advertisement she had placed in a local paper for the sale of furniture. While there, Earhart behaved in very threatening manner toward Husband and her seven-year-old son. During his visit, Earhart had his pants down to where his pubic hair showed, and he held his hand cupped over his pelvic area. He also appeared to be holding something in his hand, which appeared to be a gun or a knife. Husband was so frightened that she sent her son to her next-door neighbor. After telling Earhart that her husband was on his way and that she had two trained guard dogs in the house, Husband was able to persuade Earhart to leave.

What a total package of shit

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

I know your post is old.. but I just found this. Me and my friends are really interested in him! You should tell me more about him.

Quote Originally Posted by n8vrebel View Post
    I know your post is old.. but I just found this. Me and my friends are really interested in him! You should tell me more about him.
    Who are you talking to?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Who are you talking to?
    I think maybe U2. They just didn't quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I'm in Colorado now but my true home is Illinois... John Wayne Gacy. At least 33 teen boys murdered. My husband used to walk to the convenience store daily and buy stuff from the boy who became Gacy's last victim.

Last night we watched an episode of Cops with an undercover dressed as a clown picking up (and then arresting) prostitutes. We just kept looking at each other and saying 'Who the hell would get in a car with a clown?' Couldn't believe how many did when in my mind going with the clown = you will die!

Quote Originally Posted by CanaryDiam View Post
    I'm in Colorado now but my true home is Illinois... John Wayne Gacy. At least 33 teen boys murdered. My husband used to walk to the convenience store daily and buy stuff from the boy who became Gacy's last victim.

Last night we watched an episode of Cops with an undercover dressed as a clown picking up (and then arresting) prostitutes. We just kept looking at each other and saying 'Who the hell would get in a car with a clown?' Couldn't believe how many did when in my mind going with the clown = you will die!
    What the fuck? You never go with a clown you don't know personally.

Also, fuck cops for being so fucking offensive. Like, I'm personally offended for the women who have it so hard they'd fuck a random clown but end up getting arrested in a big haha for the viewers moment. That is just gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

gosh and no motive?

Quote Originally Posted by maltesegirl View Post
    gosh and no motive?
    Come again?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Green River murders, of course.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    So many to choose from where I live. Can't decide.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Not notorious but I went to 8th grade and high school with this guy.
    After finding his wife slain in their home, David Newcomer identified a son who had a history of mental illness and violence as the likely killer.

Still, despite the tremendous loss, the father said he drew upon his faith to forgive the son he still loves. He sat feet away from him Wednesday in court as the sad criminal case came to a close.

Cliff W. Newcomer, 27, was sentenced to 30 years in prison after he pleaded guilty but mentally ill to the Jan. 13, 2006, murder of his mother inside their home near Wheaton.

"The main thing is, Cliff and my wife were best friends," said David Newcomer, who also described a sometimes tumultuous relationship between the two. "Me and his mother still love him."

The plea deal before DuPage Circuit Judge Blanche Hill Fawell means Newcomer will receive treatment while housed in a state prison with other inmates with mental illnesses. He must serve the entire 30-year term before being paroled.

A shackled Newcomer declined a chance Wednesday to make a statement before being led back to his jail cell. Experts diagnosed him with bipolar and personality disorders.

His father said Newcomer struggled with mental illness since about 3 years old.

"He was a violent kid," David Newcomer said. "We always had problems with him."

Cliff Newcomer admitted he either strangled or suffocated his 55-year-old mother, Marilyn, then slashed her throat after she had died following an argument in their former home on Evans Avenue near the Lincoln Marsh.

"He was a violent kid," David Newcomer said. "We always had problems with him."

Cliff Newcomer admitted he either strangled or suffocated his 55-year-old mother, Marilyn, then slashed her throat after she had died following an argument in their former home on Evans Avenue near the Lincoln Marsh.

David Newcomer returned home from work about 11:45 p.m. and found his wife lying on her back on the living room floor. In his frantic 911 call, he identified his son as the likely suspect.

Police found several bloody knives next to the slain woman's body. The defendant's blood-soaked clothing was located in his bedroom. Authorities issued a nationwide alert for Cliff Newcomer, who was last seen driving his mother's car.

Cliff Newcomer returned home some 14 hours after the manhunt began. He surrendered peacefully.

Prosecutors Michael Pawl and Nancy Wolfe said forensic experts found Cliff Newcomer's palm print in blood on one knife. They said Newcomer also made a murderous threat to this mother just days earlier.

In fact, family members have said Cliff Newcomer threatened his mother for several years. She did not follow through, however, with pursuing charges against him during two prior domestic battery arrests.

David Newcomer said his son had stopped taking his medication before the murder because he was attending the College of DuPage and it made him too drowsy for class. The family regularly visits him in jail.

"Christ says we must forgive everybody," his father said.

The couple was married 33 years and have four sons, including Cliff. He will receive credit off his prison term for the nearly three years he has been in jail while his court case was pending.
    https://www.illinois.gov/IDOC/OFFEND...ateSearch.aspx
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I don't think I have ever added to this.

Of course everyone has heard about Jon-Benet, but the below case is one that really stuck home with me as I knew this girl personally. Her killer went unpunished for years until he was busted through DNA.

The day after her murder, I was out walking late one night with my friend Laura when we came across Mark and Troy (the killer). They wanted to hang out. We passed on it as both were known troublemakers at the time.

Still creeps me out to this day.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...-county-murder

A 15-year-old girl's efforts to defend herself against her attacker 25 years ago may have led police to her murderer.
    Nanine Grimes was stabbed more than 80 times.

Adams County sheriff's officials say they've arrested 42-year-old Troy Brownlow who is linked to slaying of Nanine Grimes through DNA evidence from blood samples taken from the original crime scene.

An arrest affidavit says Grimes was found dead in a bedroom of her Adams County home in September 1980. She tried fighting off her attacker as she was stabbed 80 times.

"This is one of the most horrendous crime scenes I'd ever seen," said Doug Darr, the Adams County sheriff. "It's one of those things that haunt you over time."

Brownlow's blood was allegedly found on several pieces of evidence, including the headboard of the bed where Grimes was found dead. Brownlow's DNA profile was put into a national database after his release from an Arizona prison last year.

A match was found when the Colorado Bureau of Investigations retested blood samples collected shortly after the murder. Brownlow was arrested last week in Tucson, Ariz. He was a one-time neighbor of Grimes.

Although he was a juvenile when the crime occurred, Brownlow will be tried as an adult on first-degree murder charges, according to Adams County District Attorney Don Quick.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    One of the worst in Maine is below:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/06/us/06maine.html

Man Is Charged in Killings at Maine Bed and Breakfast
    By ARIEL SABARSEPT. 6, 2006

NEWRY, Me., Sept. 5 ? A cook staying at a bed and breakfast near the popular Sunday River ski resort here was charged Tuesday in the grisly killings of four people, including the innkeeper and her daughter, the police said.

Officials described the four-day rampage over the Labor Day weekend as the largest multiple homicide in Maine since an arson fire killed four in Portland 14 years ago.

?This is a particularly gruesome and unusual type of crime to happen in Maine,? Col. Craig A. Poulin, chief of the State Police, said here. ?It?s a crime of horrific proportions.?

Colonel Poulin said it was too early to discuss possible motives.

The police said the cook, Christian C. Nielsen, 31, who worked in a nearby town, shot and then dismembered the innkeeper, her daughter, her daughter?s friend and an inn guest.
    The most famous is below:

http://www.crimezzz.net/serialkiller...ohn_joseph.php

On August 22, 1982, 11-year-old Richard Stetson disappeared while jogging near his home, in Portland, Maine. A motorist found his body the next morning, lying beside a rural highway, and while he was initially believed to be the victim of a hit-and-run, autopsy results showed that Stetson was strangled, then stabbed several times in the chest. Bite marks on the body were inflicted by a set of human teeth. Investigators had no solid evidence to work with, and a year elapsed before a suspect, 24 years old, was booked for Stetson's murder. Charges were dismissed in February 1984, by which time there were two more victims on the list, some 1,500 miles away. Danny Joe Eberle, age 13, was delivering newspapers in Bellevue, Nebraska, when he vanished on the morning of September 18, 1983. His bicycle and papers were found inside a gate, at the fourth house on his route, but Eberle remained missing until September 21, when searchers pulled his body from some roadside weeds. Partially stripped, he had been stabbed repeatedly, then dumped where he was found. Detectives noticed bite marks on the body, and his ankles had been bound before he died. On December 2, 12-year-old Christopher Walden disappeared while walking to school in Papillion, Nebraska, three miles from the scene of the Eberle murder. Stabbed repeatedly, his corpse was found by pheasant hunters two days later, hidden in a grove of trees outside of town. Six weeks later, on January 11, 1984, a suspicious young man was seen loitering around a Bellevue preschool. Challenged by an adult attendant, he shoved her, threatened her with death, then ran to a nearby car and sped away. The attendant memorized his license number, and the rented vehicle was traced to 20-year-old John Joubert, an enlisted man at nearby Offutt Air Force Base. A search of Joubert's quarters turned up rope identical to Danny Eberle's bindings; more rope and a hunting knife were found in his car when Joubert was arrested that night. In custody, the suspect confessed both local murders, warning detectives that he might kill again, if released. Charged with two counts of homicide on January 12, Joubert was held in lieu of $10 million bond pending trial.
    http://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic8247_1.gif

Thread Information