Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most Notorious Murders In Your State

Re: Most Notorious Murders In Your State

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/photogallery/murder-by-state.html?curPhoto=47

Washington: Capitol Hill Massacre
    Killed: 7 + Self; Injured: 2

On March 25, 2006, Kyle Huff (pictured), 28, opened fire on a rave afterparty at a house in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle. Huff had arrived at the party with a truck full of weapons (pictured) and, after spraypainting the word "NOW" on the sidewalk, Huff began shooting people both outside and inside the home where the party was taking place. When police arrived five mintues into the shooting, Huff shot and killed himself. Prior to the killings, Huff, who was by no means a raver, had written a letter, which police later found in his garbage, expressing his disdain for the rave lifestyle.

while i recall this, it was not what i was expecting to show up... i mean after ted bundy, gary ridgeway, robert yates, jr?
    "it's like a dream catcher turned into a vortex and sucked her head right up its asshole."

[quote author=trekka link=topic=25883.msg1663097#msg1663097 date=1278439906]

while i recall this, it was not what i was expecting to show up... i mean after ted bundy, gary ridgeway, robert yates, jr?
    [/quote]

I don't know how they chose the most notorious. Several of them were surprising to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25883.msg1663099#msg1663099 date=1278440158]
    I don't know how they chose the most notorious. Several of them were surprising to me.
    [/quote]

I think they just chose guns.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=25883.msg1663106#msg1663106 date=1278441324]
    I think they just chose guns.
    [/quote]
    You mean they only chose crimes where the murder weapon(s) were guns?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=25883.msg1663110#msg1663110 date=1278441822]
    You mean they only chose crimes where the murder weapon(s) were guns?
    [/quote]

Not only, but it seems to be the case most of the time.  I'm guessing the other states didn't have any spree killings. 

I'd have to think this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backpacker_Murders for my state.. not bothered searching much.. but while I think of it, my old next door neighbours son lit a fire once that killed 15 people. He just got released from jail recently.. http://www.darlinghurst.biz/KingsCross.Tv/25_12_75.htm

[quote author=Monter link=topic=25883.msg1663033#msg1663033 date=1278433157]
    What the fuck is in the water on the West Coast Guys? California needs to be renamed the serial killer state :lol:
    [/quote]

That's just how we get down. 

Colorado: Columbine High School Massacre
    Killed: 13 + Shooters; Injured: 25

In the April 20, 1999, incident that shook the nation and incited several copycat attacks, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, both high school seniors at Columbine High School entered the school with two rifles and two shotguns and proceeded to shoot at students and teachers before committing suicide. Chilling security footage (pictured) captured the teens' rampage through the halls.

[quote author=rip. link=topic=25883.msg1680030#msg1680030 date=1280121744]
    That's just how we get down. 
    [/quote]

As much as i hate posting after Hotsauce McGilacuty and being pointed out as a fag...

We just let the East Coast have the rep for being bad asses. Killing is how we roll in the West.
    "it's like a dream catcher turned into a vortex and sucked her head right up its asshole."

[quote author=trekka link=topic=25883.msg1680039#msg1680039 date=1280122474]
    As much as i hate posting after Hotsauce McGilacuty and being pointed out as a beaver...

We just let the East Coast have the rep for being bad asses. Killing is how we roll in the West.
    [/quote]

uhm, how in the hell did that end up saying beaver? holy shit i can't stop laughing...  :lol:

erm, faggot.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25883.msg1663099#msg1663099 date=1278440158]
    [/quote]

Me too. It seems as though it is going by most killed/maimed rather than sickest. CA has definitely seen more twisted and notorious killers than this (Manson, Hillside Stranglers, Nightstalker to name a few):

California: San Ysidro McDonald's Massacre
    Killed: 21 + Shooter; Injured: 19

On July 18, 1984, James Oliver Huberty (pictured), a former undertaker, used a 9mm Uzi semi-automatic submachine gun, as well as a Winchester 12-gauge shotgun and a 9mm handgun to mow down a predominantly Mexican and Mexican-American crowd of people eating at a McDonald's restaurant in San Ysidro. The massacre, which lasted for over an hour, ended when Huberty was shot down by a SWAT team sniper. A monument (pictured) to those who lost their lives that day was erected in place of the McDonald's, which was demolished.

[quote author=Lauryn link=topic=25883.msg1669688#msg1669688 date=1279032994]
    I'd have to think this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backpacker_Murders for my state.. not bothered searching much.. but while I think of it, my old next door neighbours son lit a fire once that killed 15 people. He just got released from jail recently.. http://www.darlinghurst.biz/KingsCross.Tv/25_12_75.htm
    [/quote]

hello fellow aussie 

I remember the backpacker murders. Ivan Milat is currently trying to state his innocence from Goulbourn Prison, saying he is a victim of miscarriage of justice.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/im-innocent-claims-serial-killer-ivan-millat/story-e6frf7jx-1225896565742

I am sort of swaying towards the opinion that the clearly insane Milat was definately involved in the slayings, but he didn't work alone in some of the murders.

For my State, it would have to be the unsolved Claremont serial murders in 1996-1997: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claremont_serial_murders

All three victims were abducted from the same nightspot area in Claremont around the same time period. The first victim, Sarah Spiers (18), is still missing. There is a thread for her in the missing person section.

The other two girls, Jane Rimmer (23) and Ciara Glennon (27) were both murdered and their decomposed bodies were found dumped in isolated scrubland at opposite ends of the city. Police refuse to leak many details about the cases, including C.O.D.

There is also a number of other missing women in the state who could possibly also be victims of the CSK  ... although the only other missing woman police have tentatively linked to the Claremont cases is Julie Cutler, who disappeared on 20 June 1988. Her car was found 2 days later in the surf near The Groin at Cottesloe Beach. Her body has never been found.

Some people believe the "CSK" has moved on inter-state or overseas shortly after the heat came down in Claremont, or changed his/their M.O. Either way, they have evaded police and for all anyone knows quite possibly could be still operating elsewhere.

Also, the serial killer couple Catherine and David Birnie and the Moorhouse Murders in ther 1980s: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/partners/birnie/1_index.html

For my state the most notorious murders would definitely be the Port Arthur Massacre in 1996.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)

35 killed, 21 wounded.
    Lots of conspiracies around that Martin Bryant didn't actually do it.

Other than that, I live in a very tame part of the world

[quote author=trekka link=topic=25883.msg1680039#msg1680039 date=1280122474]
    As much as i hate posting after Hotsauce McGilacuty and being pointed out as a beaver...

[/quote]

I wasn't even aware that the East Coast had the rep for being bad asses. California is the gang-banger state. Those bastards are everywhere, killing each other all day. Our beaches are nice to look at and they're the first thing people think about when you say California, but those beaches only count for about 10% of our state. The rest of it is nothing like what people see or hear on TV.

Anyway, of course we'd have a lot of serial killers compared to other states. California has over 10% of the entire nation's population with about 37 million people. The next most populous state is Texas, with about 13 million less.

[quote author=rip. link=topic=25883.msg1680406#msg1680406 date=1280169329]
    I wasn't even aware that the East Coast had the rep for being bad asses. California is the gang-banger state. Those bastards are everywhere, killing each other all day. Our beaches are nice to look at and they're the first thing people think about when you say California, but those beaches only count for about 10% of our state. The rest of it is nothing like what people see or hear on TV.

Anyway, of course we'd have a lot of serial killers compared to other states. California has over 10% of the entire nation's population with about 37 million people. The next most populous state is Texas, with about 13 million less.
    [/quote]

Yeah the one they named for Texas was off to me as well.

[quote author=trekka link=topic=25883.msg1680041#msg1680041 date=1280122584]
    uhm, how in the hell did that end up saying beaver? holy shit i can't stop laughing...  :lol:

erm, persongot.
    [/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This literally made me laugh so hard. I don't get it, but it made me laugh.

In my state, that would be Richard "Dick" Hickock and Perry Smith.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Cold_Blood

I have a slew of 'em. But here's one:

Candace "Candy" Mossler née Candace Weatherby (1920-1976) was a socialite at the center of a sensational, highly-publicized murder  trial in the 1960s. Candace Mossler and her nephew Melvin Powers, with whom she was having an incestuous affair, were charged with the killing of Candy's millionaire husband, Jacques Mossler, in his Key Biscayne, Fla., condo on June 29, 1964. Candace Mossler and her husband were separated at the time of his murder. Jacques Mossler had considered suing Powers and divorcing his wife but, upon consultation with his lawyer, had decided against doing so in order to avoid the negative publicity and losing half of his fortune to Candace.[1] At the time of her husband's murder, she was on a $5,000 a week stipend allocated for household upkeep.

During initial interviews with police officers, Candace Mossler asserted that she believed her husband's death was a result of a burglary gone wrong.[1] However, when the officers stated they believed the murder was a crime of passion, stating the fact that Jacques Mossler had been stabbed over thirty times before being bludgeoned over the head with a glass bowl, Candace changed her story, saying that she believed that her husband had been a closet homosexual, and had been cheating on her with another man who could have possibly committed the crime. As her husband had been found wearing only a bath robe, officers pursued this lead until they found Jacques' diary, which cast suspicion directly upon his wife and his nephew.[1]

America's newspapers and magazines took note of the salacious case, and a drumbeat began to build for indictment of Candace Mossler. It finally came on July 20, 1965. Candy Mossler and Melvin Powers were defended by lawyer Percy Foreman, a high-profile attorney who later defended James Earl Ray, the man convicted of killing Martin Luther King, Jr.. As her assets—the assets she inherited via Jacques Mossler—were frozen at the time of her arrest pending the investigation of Jacques' death, Candace paid Foreman's retainer with jewelry, diamonds, and furs that had been bought for her by her late husband before their separation.[1]

Candy Mossler had flown to Rochester prior to her arrest in order to undergo treatment at the Mayo Clinic for migraines, but agreed to fly to Miami to surrender, rather than risk the indignity of a surprise arrest. Accompanied by a private nurse and wearing a Mayo Clinic wrist identification band, she flew from Minnesota to Miami International Airport, where she was treated to a genteel arrest by a state police commander. A mighty press contingent had gathered at the airport, and Candy gave them plenty of her toothpaste-model smiles. When reporters confronted her with allegations of adultery, incest, and murder, she simply replied, "Well, nobody's perfect."[1]

Candy, a bouncy, former-model with platinum blond hair and a southern accent was notable for her on-camera charm. While jail inmates shouted obscenities at her she would smile and blow kisses at the cameras.

She rented two adjoining apartments named the White Hall Apartments on the North West side of town, and her children joined her. Meanwhile, investigators in Texas and Florida continued working for months to string together evidence. Each thread seemed to lead to Mel Powers, Candy Mossler, or both.

Police officers turned up four witnesses who claimed the lovers solicited a hit on "the old mooch." The investigators lined up a long list of witnesses - neighbors, employees, hotel clerks - who said they saw Mel and Candy share affectionate moments. Cops found a photographic record of Candy and Mel's travels - souvenir snapshots from nightclubs, ski slopes, concerts.

The court room was filled to maximum capacity with spectators every day of the murder trial, people bringing their lunches with them and eating during court processions in order to retain their seats all day.[1] The subject matter was considered illicit enough that people under the age of 21 were turned away.[1] During the course of their trial, lawyer Percy Foreman declined to call any witnesses to the stand, in direct contrast to the district attorney, who called a number of questionably relevant witnesses—and only gave a closing statement which, by many accounts, was extremely compelling.[1]

Both Mossler and Powers were acquitted. Police officers and the district attorney's office declined to continue the search for Jacques' murderers afterwards, as they continued to stand by their initial conclusion that Candace and her lover had committed the crime.[1] Eventually, Powers and Mossler drifted apart.

Mossler died of an accidental overdose of migraine medication in 1976 and is survived by her children Martha, Chris, Daniel, and Edward as well as two grandchildren Liza and Alex.

[b]O.K. Full disclosure: Ole Mel inherited boucoup money and built a huge spa/club. Back in my la cocaina days I use to go with some friends to his home to party. Mel still thought he was a looker (money will cause delusional thinking as does la cocaina) and decorated accordingly. This guys bathroom was wall papered with nude images of himself. As I recall he was smiling in them and, yes, he had something to smile about. Maybe though it was a photo shopped prototype, IDK, as I never knew him in the biblical. 

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

She's hot 
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

I was at work in Piedmont Center the day Mark Barton killed all those people in GA. He wasn't in the same building I work in, but he was in the same complex. We were pretty much on lock down when that was going on and after. Scary day.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetkimmy View Post
    I was at work in Piedmont Center the day Mark Barton killed all those people in GA. He wasn't in the same building I work in, but he was in the same complex. We were pretty much on lock down when that was going on and after. Scary day.
    That would be terrifying. I'd be rolled up into a ball on a top closet shelf somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I was about ready to get under my desk.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    A guest was looking at this so I felt the need to bump.

My dad taught this guy in school. WHAT THE FUCK. http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1987/Bu...ca4d107fdb3237

I've talked about this guy a million times, but I can't post in here and not mention him. I was a sophomore in high school- was about to start my first class with him (in January). My dad had him as a student for a couple years too and had always said there was something off about him. I hung out with his bff/accomplice a few times- parties at his house and shit. He's found Jesus now and I don't have contact with him but I guess he's doing well. Lucky as fuck. http://murderpedia.org/male.P/p/privacky-seth.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

I don't think I saw this thread before -'good one ND

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backpacker_Murders

The Backpacker Murders is a name given to serial killings that occurred in New South Wales, Australia during the 1990s. The bodies of seven missing young people aged 19 to 22 were discovered partly buried in the Belanglo State Forest, 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) south west of the New South Wales town of Berrima. Five of the victims were international backpackers visiting Australia (three German, two British), and two were Australian travellers from Melbourne.

I just have the guy who killed my nephews friends. My nephew was smart enough to decline any of his invitation to smoke weed and drink in his basement apartment.

He lived 2 houses down from my old house, where my brother lives now. He would see "Crazy Dave" (who would try to sell cheater boxes to neighbors) take out empty bags of concrete to the curb, under the pretense that he was remodeling the basement apartment he lived in. They ended up bulldozing the house a few years after all of this.

http://murderpedia.org/male.M/m/maust-david.htm

Thread Information