Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name calling customer gets punched in the head by fast food employee

Name calling customer gets punched in the head by fast food employee

Harrisburg, Pa. - An employee of a fast food restaurant in suburban Harrisburg is accused of punching a customer during a confrontation over a drive-thru order, according to police.

Lower Paxton Township police said they are looking for the employee, 35-year-old Michael D. White, and plan to charge him with simple assault in the Monday afternoon incident outside the Burger King at 950 East Park Drive.

Police said the customer, a 59-year-old Lancaster man, reported that he placed an order and asked for the prices to be displayed on the drive-thru screen. When the employee refused to show the prices, police say the customer called the employee a derogatory name and drove up to the window.

Police said White removed his headset, exited the store after telling the manager to clock him out, walked up to the vehicle, punched the customer in the side of the head and threw a soda on him, and then left.

The customer sustained swelling and a bruise on the side of his head, according to police.
    http://www.whtm.com/news/stories/0610/748326.html

If the "derogatory name" was a racist remark, I completely support the employee's reaction.  I like that he made sure he wasn't on the clock before doing it. :lol:

Re: Name calling customer gets punched in the head by fast food employee

What about [size=9pt]f[/size]ag[size=9pt]g[/size]ot or retard?   I support it for those too.

That's awesome!! People think they can just be dicks to fast food employees. About time someone punched one of those dumb customers.

[quote author=jdm1105 link=topic=25817.msg1654927#msg1654927 date=1277372219]
    That's awesome!! People think they can just be dicks to fast food employees. About time someone punched one of those dumb customers.

[/quote] and it isn't just fast food employees. People are just dicks most of the time.

I work in a grocery store, I understand. I applaud this employee, he's my hero. 

I'm a god mother fucker and it's judgment day.

I wonder if he gets to keep his job since technically he wasn't on the clock when it happened.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy rules. Take that you grumpy old tart.

What does it mean " refused to show the order" ? Maybe the screen just didn't work? I don't really understand that part.

I can't blame him, the customer is NOT always right.  :lol: I remember one time someone had to keep me from going through the drive through window on some girl that kept coming through to harass me. I was held back (like I'd have made it through the window) My temper isn't very good when people screw with me.

From my experience, the customer is NEVER right.

[quote author=Nasirah_Aden link=topic=25817.msg1654983#msg1654983 date=1277396059]
    [/quote]Oh yeah, I am sure you get a ton of shit. I know how the super couponers are around here.

I used to work at Chuck E Cheese when I was in high school..  The kids were all fine for the most part (except when doing the toy counter.. wanted to shoot myself in the face) but the parents were always ridiculous about shit.  I still don't understand why they let that place serve beer.  After having a few beers and seeing their kid's token get lost in a machine, people would be irate. 

:rockon: to the BK employee!  Get it done, man!

Our Chuck E Cheese has riots all the time.  It's also very near to this Burger King.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=25817.msg1655182#msg1655182 date=1277409097]
    Our Chuck E Cheese has riots all the time.   It's also very near to this Burger King.
    [/quote]
    :lol:  I can see why it would have riots.  People are insane in that place!  It's been about ten years since i worked there but I can imagine that is has only gotten worse.

One time we cleaned out the ball pit and we had a company come in to do it.  I saw the GROSSEST things in there and now will not let me nieces EVER go into a ball pit.  There was old pizza, baby bottles, and a dirty diaper. 

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=25817.msg1655182#msg1655182 date=1277409097]
    Our Chuck E Cheese has riots all the time.   It's also very near to this Burger King.
    [/quote]

Reminds me of this:
    http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=24234.0

[quote author=Nasirah_Aden link=topic=25817.msg1654983#msg1654983 date=1277396059]
    [/quote]

My daughter works in a grocery store. She tells some of the most hilarious stories about customers. Of course it's easy for me to laugh. I work at home and have no people contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

It's not bad, for the most part. My store has a lot of regulars that I've known for the 4 years I've been there. But you will have a few that are idiots. I don't want to bash on the elderly, but they're the worse.

[quote author=Nasirah_Aden link=topic=25817.msg1655209#msg1655209 date=1277410190]
    It's not bad, for the most part. My store has a lot of regulars that I've known for the 4 years I've been there. But you will have a few that are idiots. I don't want to bash on the elderly, but they're the worse.
    [/quote]
    We do it to annoy you youngsters. We all get together once a week and talk about the things we've done in stores to annoy the employees.    :lol:

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25817.msg1655218#msg1655218 date=1277410754]
    We do it to annoy you youngsters. We all get together once a week and talk about the things we've done in stores to annoy the employees.    :lol:
    [/quote]

I knew it! I swear it's like that.

[quote author=Nasirah_Aden link=topic=25817.msg1655220#msg1655220 date=1277410891]
    I knew it! I swear it's like that.
    [/quote]

You think you're laughing at us, but we're really laughing at you. haha

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25817.msg1655223#msg1655223 date=1277410981]
    You think you're laughing at us, but we're really laughing at you. haha
    [/quote]

I just nod and smile.

This reminds me of the time when I was working in a store. For some reason customers always thought it was funny to let me giftwrap their ladders or buckets. Whenever that happened, I just smiled and said: 'well ofcourse I will do that for you'. Then i'd call somebody else to handle the register and I would happily spend an hour slowly giftwrapping their  ladder (I just wanted it to look really good you know :2grin:). Funny...but I don't think i've ever finished one. Damn impatient customers

If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

I LOVE that he clocked out first, from a managment standpoint. Id let him keep his job.

[quote author=jessielee link=topic=25817.msg1655280#msg1655280 date=1277416177]
    I LOVE that he clocked out first, from a managment standpoint. Id let him keep his job.

[/quote]

He should keep his job. It's not like they paid him to punch the guy.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

I think it's kind of awesome that he did it, personally, and I loled, but you can't do shit like that in the workforce. It's like when people here were talking about how they used to spit in people's food when they were servers. Sorry, but no.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=25817.msg1655606#msg1655606 date=1277445368]
    I think it's kind of awesome that he did it, personally, and I loled, but you can't do shit like that in the workforce. It's like when people here were talking about how they used to spit in people's food when they were servers. Sorry, but no.
    [/quote]
    I think a punch in the face is much more acceptable than spitting in someones food. And if the customer said something that warranted a punch, then why should he be denied getting knocked in the mouth? Who wants to take that away from that obnoxious asshole? Not me.

The fact the the guy clocked out before punching this guys clock just makes it even funnier.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=25817.msg1655623#msg1655623 date=1277447170]
    I think a punch in the face is much more acceptable than spitting in someones food. And if the customer said something that warranted a punch, then why should he be denied getting knocked in the mouth? Who wants to take that away from that obnoxious asshole? Not me.

The fact the the guy clocked out before punching this guys clock just makes it even funnier.
    [/quote]Yeah I mean I think it's funny and he deserved it. It was also inappropriate. You have to deal with shitty people in jobs all the time, and have to extend some level of professionalism. Sucks, but it's life. I would have loved to punch several handfuls of assholes (haha) at my last job and I managed to avoid it.

And yes, I do realize he worked in a fast-food restaurant, and I don't care. :-D
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Thread Information