Thread: Philipe and Sherrine Mathieu made their daughter live outside in a car for 8 yrs

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

Philipe and Sherrine Mathieu made their daughter live outside in a car for 8 yrs

On Friday, Miami police charged Philipe Mathieu, 62, and Sherrine Mathieu, 42, with 863 counts of child neglect, and their 16-year-old daughter is in protective custody.

His wife, Philipe Mathieu told police, cleaned compulsively and wouldn't let her husband or family inside their home on the 6300 block of Northwest First Court.

But police say the south unit of the duplex was nearly empty and very dirty.

``There are jugs with dark water, plastic bags, garbage and mildew,'' said Miami Police spokesman Delrish Moss. ``The smell was horrible.''

The north unit was much cleaner, with nice furniture, electricity and running hot water, Moss added. Through the open door, a large TV set, wall unit and flower arrangement could be seen.
    Moss told reporters that investigators from the Special Victims Unit found a single twin bed there.

``The girl said that's the part of the duplex they use in case [the Department of Children and Families] comes looking,'' Moss said.

But the family's actual ``bedroom'' he said, is a red Pontiac Grand Am, shielded from view by a tarp covering the chain-link fence on the property's north side and a strategically parked Ford Windstar van in front. Several other cars on the property also obscured the Grand Am.

Moss said Philipe Mathieu told investigators he allowed the situation because ``he didn't want to have problems with his wife.''

The daughter, whom police would not name, said they've lived in these conditions since she was 8.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/22/1642172/police-couple-forced-child-to.html#ixzz0rj4xY3WX

Re: Philipe and Sherrine Mathieu made their daughter live outside in a car for 8 yrs

Wow, I wonder what kind of mental illness the mom suffers from. No way I am going to pay rent on a duplex, keep it clean, and have my family sleep in a car.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar

Re: Philipe and Sherrine Mathieu made their daughter live outside in a car for 8 yrs

http://www.dreamindemon.com/2010/05/24/philipe-sherrine-mathieu-charged-with-863-counts-of-child-neglect/

Miami, FL – Allow me to introduce Philipe and Sherrine Mathieu. This lovely couple has racked up an astounding 800+ counts of child neglect in the past 8 years. How, you ask? According to authorities, by forcing their daughter to live in a car and eat, bathe, shit and piss outside. And no, they aren’t homeless – the couple owns a 4 bedroom, 2 bath duplex, complete with electricity and running water. For some unknown and absurd reason, Sherrine forbid her family to enter either side of the home. Ever. The family of three allegedly lived in a Pontiac Grand Am parked in the driveway. But wait! It gets even more bizarre, Demonites. One side of the duplex is spotless and clean, filled with nice furniture, a large TV and flower arrangements, while the other side is reportedly filled with stink, garbage, bugs and plastic bags filled with excrement and other such waste. Sherrine cleaned and scrubbed the nice side on a daily basis while piling more garbage into the filthy side. W.T.F. “The little girl tells us that the nice house, where the furniture was that was the DCF house,” explained Miami Police Commander Delrish Moss, “that was the house that was kept just in case DCF or investigators came looking.” And they did…multiple times. DCF supposedly alerted law enforcement to the conditions of the home, but I’m guessing there was never any follow-up.

Thanks for posting that.

[quote author=ICDEDPPL link=topic=25815.msg1654747#msg1654747 date=1277340259]
    Wow, I wonder what kind of mental illness the mom suffers from. No way I am going to pay rent on a duplex, keep it clean, and have my family sleep in a car.
    [/quote]

And why would the dad go along with that?  :?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25815.msg1654804#msg1654804 date=1277348215]
    And why would the dad go along with that?  :?
    [/quote]

Because he did not want to make his wife mad.  :roll:

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

[quote author=krazegirl link=topic=25815.msg1654807#msg1654807 date=1277348441]
    [/quote]

She's already totally mad. Husband fail.  :lol:

[quote author=krazegirl link=topic=25815.msg1654807#msg1654807 date=1277348441]
    [/quote]Right :lol:

Mind boggling.  Major mental issues for sure, and for her husband to go along with it, just amazing.  My husband would be like, what the fuck, you outta your mind?  That poor girl is going to be getting the best sleep she has had in a long time!  Imagine sleeping in a car all those years.  I slept in one for one night once with 3 others, it was hell!
    My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.....

OCD. That's what it seems like.

I'm a god mother fucker and it's judgment day.

[quote author=sweetcaro link=topic=25815.msg1654857#msg1654857 date=1277352598]
    Mind boggling.  Major mental issues for sure, and for her husband to go along with it, just amazing.  My husband would be like, what the fuck, you outta your mind?  That poor girl is going to be getting the best sleep she has had in a long time!  Imagine sleeping in a car all those years.  I slept in one for one night once with 3 others, it was hell!
    [/quote]

And a Grand Am. They're small.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25815.msg1654808#msg1654808 date=1277348493]
    She's already totally mad. Husband fail.  :lol:
    [/quote]

He sucks as a husband.  :lol:

Ok not blaming the kid but damn she is 16 why not say something?? I need to teach my kid this shit cause she tells on me for everything. I curse and she is calling my mom. She calls my mom a lot during the day.  :lol:

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

[quote author=krazegirl link=topic=25815.msg1654882#msg1654882 date=1277355824]

Ok not blaming the kid but damn she is 16 why not say something?? I need to teach my kid this shit cause she tells on me for everything. I curse and she is calling my mom. She calls my mom a lot during the day.  :lol:
    [/quote]

:lol:  My grandson calls me all the time to tell on his mom for stuff, too.

The title of the thread is a little misleading. It sounds like they lived in the house and made the kid live in the car, but they were actually all living in the car. The little car. 

[quote author=krazegirl link=topic=25815.msg1654882#msg1654882 date=1277355824]

[/quote]

The dad was afraid of the psycho, maybe the child was too. And maybe the dad told her she better not make the mom mad. :|

Parents Who Made Daughter Live Outside Charged
    Family Owned Home, But Bathed, Ate & Slept Outside

A South Florida couple accused of making their daughter eat, sleep and use the bathroom outside their home for the past eight years have been formerly charged with more than 860 counts of child neglect.
    During an arraignment hearing on Thursday for Philipe Mathieu, 62, of Haiti, and Sherrine Mathieu, 42, of the Bahamas, the judge also appointed a guardian ad litum for their daughter, who is now 16-years-old, and set a trial date of July 21st.
    According to investigators Mathieu would sleep in an old car in front of their home with their daughter. They would bathe in the backyard with a hose, eat outside and go to the bathroom outside.
    Property records show the home on the 6300 block of Northwest 1st Court is owned by Philipe Mathieu. Mathieu purchased the four-bedroom, two-bath home in 2001.
    Police say Philipe Mathieu had urged his wife to let them sleep in their duplex, but she would refuse and he did not want to upset her. They also said that one side of the duplex was very dirty and had one bed. The other half of duplex was cleaner, police said, but had no bed.
    "When we talked to the girl about the cleaner of the two places, she said that was a DCF cover," Moss told CBS4's Tiffani Helberg. "The place is filthy. The bathtubs have not been used. Roaches and all sorts of things are inside."
    Police say the family would tell Department of Children & Families workers that the child slept on the one bed inside the duplex.
    Inside, police found plastic bags that the family apparently used to defecate in and then clean out and reuse.
    Police say this girl was crying out for help. At one point she tried to get into physical fights with her mother, and at another point she ran away hoping police would save her.
    The DCF had been to the home multiple times and alerted police about the family's living conditions, but wouldn't say more.
    Neighbors heard the commotion for years, but did nothing.
    "I would hear her all the time, crying and begging her mama that she wanted to go into the house," one neighbor, who wished to not be named, admitted. "Her mama used to cuss her out all the time. Ever since I've stayed here, and I've been here, like, three years now."
    Helberg was incredulous. "So for three years you heard a child crying?"
    "I didn't know what was going on."

Carolyn Shelton lived behind the house and could see clearly into the backyard. "They were just weird people. I dunno, but for them to do that to that kid, that's unforgivable. That's unforgivable for doing that to that child."
    "She seemed like a smart kid, but I didn't know how lonely she was," Shelton told Helberg. "I did not know that. God forgive me for not paying no attention."
    A 16-year-old neighbor said, "It really made me feel sad because she's the same age as me. I tried to encourage her to go to school, 'cause she's the same age as me, but she just gave up."

http://cbs4.com/local/child.neglect.mathieu.2.1770348.html#addComments

Couple Forced Daughter to Live Outside in Filth for 8 Years: Police

A Miami couple has been arrested and accused of committing over 860 acts of child neglect over a period of eight years on their own daughter, forcing her to live outside in horrendous conditions.
    Philipe and Sherrine Mathieu, of Little Haiti, both appeared in court Friday morning to answer to 863 counts of child neglect on their 16-year-old daughter.
    Authorities learned of the neglect after officers, responding to calls of sexual abuse taking place at the residence, interviewed the girl and learned of the family's deplorable conditions.
    According to a Miami Police arrest affidavit, the three lived for "several years" outside, right next to their home.
    "[They] have been sleeping, eating, urinating and defecating outside on the property where they own the home," the affidavit reads. "The house is in living conditions, with lights and running water, but the defendants forbid her to sleep, eat or use the restroom in the home."
    Police said half of the family's duplex was filthy, while the other half was kept clean for any possible inspections.
    The girl told police they'd been living outside for eight years. According to the affidavit, Philipe Mathieu told police that Sherrine Mathieu "refuses to allow them in the home due to cleaning."
    Police also said that the girl was given an allowance of 40 cents per day, and that she used a portion of it to take her clothes to a nearby laundromat to clean them herself.
    According to the Florida Department of Children and Families, the girl was removed from the home and brought to one of their facilities in Miami.
    Philipe Mathieu, 62, and Sherrine Mathieu, 42, were both being held at detention centers after their court appearance on over $431,000 bond each.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local-beat/Couple-Forced-Daughter-to-Live-Outside-in-Filth-for-8-Years-Police-94589464.html

How could they own a home, work and function in life :?  This so called mother had some amazing powers over her family.  If the daughter gave up on school this was a major fail from many different authorities that oversee these things.  Makes me wonder where the rest of the family was...

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

I still can't imagine living outside in fucking Miami unless you were homeless. Hell, even then I'd be getting out of Miami.

Thread Information