Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Monica Botello (26) was shot to death while her children hid in a bathroom

Re: Monica Botello (26) was shot to death while her children hid in a bathroom

[quote author=Medic_ZiZ link=topic=25774.msg1676024#msg1676024 date=1279655237]
    she did her job. the girl didn't come out and say the dad was dead till the end of the call. it didn't even come up. dispatchers are told that if a child calls in and there is a chance of talking to an adult to ask and try and get that. the biggest problem here was the the little girl didn't know where she was and the dispatcher was trying to get that info out of her the best she could.

They cant get help there if they cant get an address. 10 min later this same dispatcher could of helped a choking baby or talked someone down from killing them selves or whatever. 90% of what she is doing is trying to get the address. I would of told the little girl to go out side with the siblings and go next door once it was found there was no mail out. even if it was just to get them out of the house.
    [/quote]

It's been awhile since I heard it but I recall her saying more than once her dad was dead, I think. What part of dead didn't the operator understand? I've had to call 911 a couple of times and neither experience was a good one. Both times the 911 operator was bitchy. Fuck that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25774.msg1676053#msg1676053 date=1279657340]
    It's been awhile since I heard it but I recall her saying more than once her dad was dead, I think. What part of dead didn't the operator understand? I've had to call 911 a couple of times and neither experience was a good one. Both times the 911 operator was bitchy. Fuck that shit.
    [/quote]

She did say it a couple of times. Obviously, this little girl has more brains than the dispatcher.

[quote author=Medic_ZiZ link=topic=25774.msg1675999#msg1675999 date=1279654524]
    I understand that to you this sounds like she is a "careless bitch" but the training i have taken my self tell you to find a tone in your voice to show no emotion and for some people that comes off as bitchy or cold but it does help with kids who call because they read in to how people sound a lot more the adults do.
    [/quote]

Are you saying it helps kids ,who are calling in desperate need for help, to show no emotion and sound cold? I kinda find that hard to believe.

I totally understand the need to get an adress, but to me she just sounds bitchy as hell with all the "you need to help me before I can help you" crap. The girl is crying and asking her if she will "please promise to help her" and she says: "i'm gonna help you once you help me". wtf??

the girl has to keep telling her that her mom is dead. Then when there is a confusion about whether she lives there or not, the dispatcher has the nerve to talk with this condescending tone to her, as if she is at fault for being incredibly messed up. She just saw her mom lying on the floor in a pool of blood ffs.  Then she hears someone in the back and in that same tone she says: "You said no one else was there, I hear someone in the back". Again, wtf??

She could have been a whole lot nicer and comforting to that girl and still have kept a professional distance in my opinion.

And no, I don't know how hard it is to be a 911 dispatcher, I have never done it. I can only imagine that it is a very tough job. But if it gets so difficult that it makes you act like a cold hearted bitch to a little girl crying for help. Then I think it's time you get another job.
    If it hadn't been for Cotton-Eye Joe
    I'd been married long time ago

I'm all for understanding the myriad duties of a 911 operator; and the stress of the job is high, I'm sure.

But come on. Did you listen to it? That wasn't a neutral tone of voice. I know that tone of voice very well. IT WAS BITCHY.

The little girl who called 911 posted a comment on the article here

Tayonna Botello
    Hi I'm the girl who had to go through all of the pain with my mom 6 years later thank you for all the support I had

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    The little girl who called 911 posted a comment on the article here

Tayonna Botello
    Hi I'm the girl who had to go through all of the pain with my mom 6 years later thank you for all the support I had
    Ugh. That poor girl.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information