Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Monica Botello (26) was shot to death while her children hid in a bathroom

Re: Monica Botello (26) was shot to death while her children hid in a bathroom

[quote author=g r ee n ey e s link=topic=25774.msg1652921#msg1652921 date=1277146276]
    What is this? Deja-vu? I swear there is another thread with this exact situation somewhere... recently.

I will listen later, maybe.  :-(
    [/quote]

It was mentioned in the Detroit thread over a month ago, but now it's an article. So, yeah, it's the same one you remember.

That little girl was SO brave, she did a great job of trying to keep it together and give the right answers...........that dispatcher was just confusing the fuck out of her.  That was the saddest thing I've heard in a long time. :-(

Wow. That is gut wrenching. What a brave girl.

I have worked as a 911 operator in the past its a hard job but this dispatcher was clearly not listening to the little girl! i mean the little girl explained that her mom was hurt, that they didn't live there. how hard was that for the dispatcher to understand. i got so angry to hear her say to the little girl you just said you didnt live there so why is your mom there? the dispatcher should have understood the child was in an unformilar home and simply told her to go outside and go next door.. Her mother should have lived and i hope the dispatcher feels guilty for not doing her job correctly. Children dont know where adults keep mail, but they sure do know how to run outside and scream for help. OBVIOUSLY asking the child over and over again what is the address? Do you see mail? wasn't working so why not bring things down to a childs level and ask can you go outside and scream for help? maybe go next door and bang on the door????

i hope these young girls will be ok i know i will say a little prayer that they grow up to be amazing women i know its going to be tough growing up after dealing with this.
    gods little angels

Pretty sure this is the first time I have not wanted to hear an audio file in any case I have read through on MDS. Don't think I would be ok. I hope the kids are ok.

[quote author=sdhoney link=topic=25774.msg1658964#msg1658964 date=1277926117]
    Pretty sure this is the first time I have not wanted to hear an audio file in any case I have read through on MDS. Don't think I would be ok. I hope the kids are ok.
    [/quote]

Trust me when I tell you that you are correct.  I hear this little girl pleading for help in my sleep. 

RIP Monica

I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=25774.msg1659424#msg1659424 date=1277991071]
    Trust me when I tell you that you are correct.  I hear this little girl pleading for help in my sleep. 

RIP Monica
    [/quote]

Oh man. I feel for you nestle. Hurt my gut just reading your comment. Ugh

That damn dispatcher should be fired.  I don't care how crappy it would be to work in that 911 office, when you have a child on the phone, you don't treat them like they're an ignorant adult.  How many more times did that poor little girl have to tell the dispatcher that her father was dead and her mother was crying?  The dispatcher didn't even have the decency to show a little sympathy.  Rotten bitch...what goes around comes around.

[quote author=evilcookie007 link=topic=25774.msg1664170#msg1664170 date=1278527106]
    That damn dispatcher should be fired.  I don't care how crappy it would be to work in that 911 office, when you have a child on the phone, you don't treat them like they're an ignorant adult.  How many more times did that poor little girl have to tell the dispatcher that her father was dead and her mother was crying?  The dispatcher didn't even have the decency to show a little sympathy.  Rotten bitch...what goes around comes around.
    [/quote]

I wish they would release her name.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25774.msg1664714#msg1664714 date=1278559809]

I wish they would release her name.
    [/quote]

Legally they can't.
    Morally they should.

wow kids hiding while moms getting blown up..

reminds me of the cabin 28 murders when they was in the back room .. kinda scary!! they never got over it..
    so scared they cant even describe the killer-- so they say!!

[quote author=ambam link=topic=25774.msg1673072#msg1673072 date=1279308022]

reminds me of the cabin 28 murders when they was in the back room .. kinda scary!! they never got over it..
    [/quote]
    Maybe it was your cousin Matt.  You got any inside info?  :lol:

[quote author=Lagolf31 link=topic=25774.msg1673145#msg1673145 date=1279311534]
    Maybe it was your cousin Matt.  You got any inside info?   :lol:
    [/quote]

omg!!! matt..matt..matt!

[quote author=ambam link=topic=25774.msg1673072#msg1673072 date=1279308022]

[/quote]

My pissy mood goes into over-drive when I read your babble. Again with the "was" in place of "were" thing. Normally I wouldn't let it bother me so much, but jesus christ, learn to atleast write like you have an above 3rd grade education before posting you twit.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits "--

[quote author=britnimarie22 link=topic=25774.msg1672160#msg1672160 date=1279227325]

Legally they can't.
    Morally they should.
    [/quote]

ok so where i live and work we have to do at least 4 911 shifts a month because we cant hang on to full time 911 dispatchers. its a really hard job and sometime i know i come off a bitchy (mostly to the drunks or prank calls) but i don't think this dispatcher really knew what was going on. up here with E911 we are taught to make sure the address coming up is the address we have to send help to before we start figuring out what is going on. I think the dispatcher was thinking this wasn't a real call. I had gotten some good calls for 8 to 10 year olds that you would totally think were the real deal only to find out later they were pranks. She also wasn't listening or getting down to the child's level i think rather then firing her they should retrain her on how to deal with young callers. in the end she did do her job it just took more time because she 1 wasn't listening 2 wasn't asking the right questions and 3 the child wasn't at home and was scared.

i have to give credit to that little girl she did stay calm and did amazing

and before you all light your torches and grab your pitch forks lol go spend a day in your local 911 office. 911 dispatcher and the first line in all emergency services and at the last ones to get thought about after everything is done when its done right. never once did i ever get a thank you or a hand shake after the fact from someone i helped on a 911 line but the fire fighter and ambulance attendants and police officers oh and hospital workers get them all the time.

just my rant
    perfect... amount... of... blood... filling... lungs.........oh wait now it too much

[quote author=Medic_ZiZ link=topic=25774.msg1675667#msg1675667 date=1279614164]
    ok so where i live and work we have to do at least 4 911 shifts a month because we cant hang on to full time 911 dispatchers. its a really hard job and sometime i know i come off a bitchy (mostly to the drunks or prank calls) but i don't think this dispatcher really knew what was going on. up here with E911 we are taught to make sure the address coming up is the address we have to send help to before we start figuring out what is going on. I think the dispatcher was thinking this wasn't a real call. I had gotten some good calls for 8 to 10 year olds that you would totally think were the real deal only to find out later they were pranks. She also wasn't listening or getting down to the child's level i think rather then firing her they should retrain her on how to deal with young callers. in the end she did do her job it just took more time because she 1 wasn't listening 2 wasn't asking the right questions and 3 the child wasn't at home and was scared.

and before you all light your torches and grab your pitch forks lol go spend a day in your local 911 office. 911 dispatcher and the first line in all emergency services and at the last ones to get thought about after everything is done when its done right. never once did i ever get a thank you or a hand shake after the fact from someone i helped on a 911 line but the fire fighter and ambulance attendants and police officers oh and hospital workers get them all the time.

just my rant
    [/quote]

She was talking to a little girl who was watching her mommy die. I don't work as a 911 operator because I don't want to do the job. If she doesn't want to do the job she should move on. Just my opinion.  :-P 
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=Medic_ZiZ link=topic=25774.msg1675667#msg1675667 date=1279614164]

just my rant
    [/quote]

You are fucking kidding me. Spend a god damn day in Detroit as 911 dispatch-or as a RESIDENT for that matter, then come back and make this post.

This "911 operator" was a careless bitch that had NO business answering that fucking call. It really makes me wonder whose dick she sucked to get the job. Get fucking real.  

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25774.msg1675671#msg1675671 date=1279614988]

You are fucking kidding me. Spend a god damn day in Detroit as 911 dispatch-or as a RESIDENT for that matter, then come back and make this post.

This "911 operator" was a careless bitch that had NO business answering that fucking call. It really makes me wonder whose dick she sucked to get the job. Get fucking real.  
    [/quote]

Goddamn who hacked GB?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25774.msg1675672#msg1675672 date=1279615051]

Goddamn who hacked GB?
    [/quote]

:oops: What? She touched a fucking nerve. JFC!!! A know it all that has NEVER been there.  Put this bitch in ANY major city in this country and let  her spew that bullshit.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25774.msg1675672#msg1675672 date=1279615051]

Goddamn who hacked GB?
    [/quote]

[quote author=ICDEDPPL link=topic=25774.msg1675741#msg1675741 date=1279639012]

[/quote]

:oops:

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25774.msg1675671#msg1675671 date=1279614988]

[/quote]

I understand that to you this sounds like she is a "careless bitch" but the training i have taken my self tell you to find a tone in your voice to show no emotion and for some people that comes off as bitchy or cold but it does help with kids who call because they read in to how people sound a lot more the adults do.

its also a very hard job to do you dealing with people when they are at their worst all the time. you cant understand the mind set of a 911 dispatcher till you have done the job. And if every dispatcher who had a bad call was fired then there wouldn't be any left
    perfect... amount... of... blood... filling... lungs.........oh wait now it too much

:roll:  What it sounds like to me is that Monica could possibly have been saved if this bitch would have gotten to the fucking point to begin with. Maybe if she had STOPPED asking to speak to the dead father over and over she could have gotten the damn address a little bit sooner and sent help for Monica.

I mean, REALLY, how many times did the little girl have to say her dad was DEAD and could not come to the phone.  :x

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25774.msg1676011#msg1676011 date=1279654824]
    :roll:  What it sounds like to me is that Monica could possibly have been saved if this bitch would have gotten to the fucking point to begin with. Maybe if she had STOPPED asking to speak to the dead father over and over she could have gotten the damn address a little bit sooner and sent help for Monica.

I mean, REALLY, how many times did the little girl have to say her dad was DEAD and could not come to the phone.  :x
    [/quote]

she did her job. the girl didn't come out and say the dad was dead till the end of the call. it didn't even come up. dispatchers are told that if a child calls in and there is a chance of talking to an adult to ask and try and get that. the biggest problem here was the the little girl didn't know where she was and the dispatcher was trying to get that info out of her the best she could.

They cant get help there if they cant get an address. 10 min later this same dispatcher could of helped a choking baby or talked someone down from killing them selves or whatever. 90% of what she is doing is trying to get the address. I would of told the little girl to go out side with the siblings and go next door once it was found there was no mail out. even if it was just to get them out of the house.

This is DETROIT. You know, the place where it's acceptable for cops to shoot an innocent 7 year old girl in the head, and still have a damn job.

As far as I'm concerned, epic fail. Way to pour a little salt into that little girls wound. I hope her remaining family sues the hell out of the city for this shit. Oh, wait. The city is too damn broke.

Right about now, I really wish Kwame had sold that damn bridge to Canada.

Thread Information