Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Derik Love (20) allegedly hanged himself in a friend's bedroom

Derik Love (20) allegedly hanged himself in a friend's bedroom

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/08/03/Derik_Love_(20)_allegedly_hanged_himself_in_a_frie nd_s_bedroom

News Article: http://thedailysentinel.com/story.lasso?ewcd=576bf6b570604874

Derik Keith Love
    Derik Keith Love, 20, of Stevenson, passed away on Wednesday, February 1, 2006.

Funeral services will be held on Friday, February 3 at 3 p.m. at Rudder Funeral Home Chapel in Stevenson with Tommy Shoemake and David Smith officiating. Burial will follow in Wimberly Cemetery.

the color nine

Re: Derik Love (20) allegedly hanged himself in a friend's bedroom

I am going to guess suicide.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Derik's B-day is today and i hate it.
    Current mood:  depressed
    Have tears in my eyes. Even though i try to think of the good times we had. I hate this so bad. Why didnt you just fucking tell me how bad you hurt? Sure we talked about it but God Damn man I didnt know it was this bad. God if I could go back and come over that night to Lawhornes and had a few beers with you all this would have atleast been different maybe there was something I would have said that night to snap you back into a rational state of mind. I miss our talks. We would get into some DEEP shit man. You and me just haning out with friends its like it was just you and me in the room when we would talk. I miss getting shit faced at lawhornes, I miss tripping the fuck out on "candy". I still cant really believe its happened. I havent tried to go to your grave, I havent wanted to but now I do. I know Ill see you again. We will get drunk and punch stuff.lol. God I miss you bro...Erin Go Brah.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendId=197 00446

He died on the night of 1-31-06

He killed himself, look at this :

http://everyonewasdancing.blogdrive.com/

the color nine

[quote author=x-sab link=topic=21426.msg1350745#msg1350745 date=1249142860]
    He died on the night of 1-31-06

He killed himself, look at this :

http://everyonewasdancing.blogdrive.com/
    [/quote]

Good find.  I'm going to post this in case it goes away.

Friday, February 03, 2006
    no.

Well.
    My ex-boyfriend killed himself on the night of 1-31-06.
    He was my first love and at one point in time we talked about being with each other for the rest of our lives.[ this was in Nov. 04 through Feb/March 05]
    But then my parents got involved. and screwed eveything up.
    To sum up that part of the story he got put on probation for two years and one of the things was that we were not to talk whatsoever.
    He said all this stuff about how he'd wait on me and stuff.
    but then he found this other girl
    they were together for seven months or somehting like that.
    and I heard they were engaged or something.
    But she broke it off with him and that ended that.
    Sometime in the next couple of days from her he hung himself in one of his friends room.
    I feel awful because I fucked up his life.
    If I had been smart last year I would have backed off and left him alone.
    And if he had been smart then he may still be alive today.
    I miss our friendship.
    I was hoping to get that back one day.
    But now that isn't going to happen.
    I am glad we broke up last year but not glad for the reason.
    I wish things could have been different.
    &&Maybe I could have stopped him.
    Cause I did once before.
    With three simple little words.
    But that's over.
    God I miss him.
    I didn't attend the funeral today.
    My parents wouldn't let me.
    They were scared his family would say something to me.
    Rhonda was right. I do regret not going.
    I wish I could have saw him one last time.
    Shelby told me she'd take me to the cemetary one day when I got ready.
    I don't know if I could handle that though.
    I know I couldn't have handled the funeral but I wish I had went.
    Hunter was a paul bearer.
    Derik and Hunter were really close friends.
    I haven't talked to Hunter today to see how he is taking lying his best friend in the ground.
    I need him right now.
    I am about to break down crying again.

Rest In Peace Derik Keith Love
    October 20, 1985- January 31, 2006
    you were a crazzzzy motherfucker.
    dance it up whereever you are.

Do you guys ever notice that anytime somebody writes about a suicide victim (sometimes just any death in general) who was a friend (or distant friend, or distant-distant friend...) it's always about themselves?
    I imagine if I had a close friend who died, I'd want to talk about their life and how much they meant to others and what they accomplished.
    It's really strange how common it is for people to write things like, 'we said we were going to spend the rest of our lives together' after the fact. Or how they have to interject something like, 'I'm so glad we got to date and shared and shared so much with each other.'

It just seems like people use a death or a suicide as an excuse to talk about themselves way more than they talk about the person who died. Maybe it's just 'generation me' but it seems all too common on myspace.

the color nine

If they were writing on their page about the death why not tell how it affects them?  If it's on the person's memorial page it should be about the person who died.

this is a very old post, but if somehow there?s more info it would be appreciated if it were mentioned here. all the links on this sub forum are no longer working so there?s not much to go on

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by shakalala View Post
    this is a very old post, but if somehow there?s more info it would be appreciated if it were mentioned here. all the links on this sub forum are no longer working so there?s not much to go on
    Welcome, Shaka!!!

Did you know him?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

hi people :) and yes i knew him a while ago now. he passed in 06, i?ve never really understood exactly what happened when he passed away and i found this neat website when i was doing my own research

hi people :) and yes i knew him a while ago now. he passed in 06, i?ve never really understood exactly what happened when he passed away and i found this neat website when i was doing my own research
    We are so happy you found us...again, welcome.

Welcome, and sorry for your loss. There wasn't much to this thread, just that he hung himself. RIP, Derik.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Welcome! I wish we had more info for you, but sadly we don't. So sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

it?s okay! i thought it would be worth a try. i have to say it warms my heart to see that even after so long people still care and want to help :) thank you

it?s okay! i thought it would be worth a try. i have to say it warms my heart to see that even after so long people still care and want to help :) thank you

You're welcome to stick around and join in with the community and other threads. This place can be crazy, but also fun and just crazy fun

We all came here for pretty much the same reason. We have all lost loved ones in tragic ways and have a healthy curiosity for all things about death. Too many cultures treat death as taboo when in reality it should be embraced instead of stigmatized. At least that's how we feel about it. Nobody gets out alive so it might as well be discussed. Throw in a dash of mortuary curiosities and true crime and you have MDS. Welcome again!

Sorry for your loss shaka.

I hope the friend got therapy.
    I'm sorry, but that was a dick move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

hey curiouscat, are u referring to the ex girlfriend or the other one?

hey curiouscat, are u referring to the ex girlfriend or the other one?
    I think shes refering to the guy whose house he unalived himself in.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

ohhhhh, yeah. well from what i understand there was a lot going on in derik?s life. he was ?left alone? at party at his house and when they came back they found him. i have my own thoughts and opinions about it. derik talked a lot of crap but i really don?t think he would have killed himself. every story from that night is different :/

ohhhhh, yeah. well from what i understand there was a lot going on in derik?s life. he was ?left alone? at party at his house and when they came back they found him. i have my own thoughts and opinions about it. derik talked a lot of crap but i really don?t think he would have killed himself. every story from that night is different :/
    Interesting. What do you think really happened?

well like i said, everyone?s story seems to be different. some people think that he really did because of everything going on in his life that?s kind of mentioned in the earlier replies. i personally think that something cruel happened to Derik. apparently blood was pooled on his back and that it looks as though had been drug through mud and hung after he had died. it?s just odd. no one ever wanted to do an investigation on what really happened.

oh and, apparently Derik had called his sister to come get him because he was ?scared something was going to happen to him?

well like i said, everyone?s story seems to be different. some people think that he really did because of everything going on in his life that?s kind of mentioned in the earlier replies. i personally think that something cruel happened to Derik. apparently blood was pooled on his back and that it looks as though had been drug through mud and hung after he had died. it?s just odd. no one ever wanted to do an investigation on what really happened.
    oh and, apparently Derik had called his sister to come get him because he was ?scared something was going to happen to him?
    Well, this is definitely sketchy then. I can't believe they didn't investigate this if that's the case. Actually, I can because the cops don't seem to ever want to do their job. Just close the case and walk away so they can go get their freebie donuts and coffee.

exactly my thoughts haha. it?s been 16 years and i just want to get closure for him and for myself. even his mother doesn?t think he did.

Thread Information