Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Hansen shot Melissa Barnes in the head

Re: Paul Hansen shot Melissa Barnes in the head

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25691.msg1647085#msg1647085 date=1276538635]
    I'm not a dude and I was actually on your side, but fuck you and stuff.
    [/quote]

Clearly he has strong feelings dude!  :lol:

I do get what he's saying.  I have crappy neighbors who live behind me that have loud parties and shoot off fireworks in the backyard when we haven't had rain for months.  They're loud, obnoxious, and they shoot guns into the air on New Year's Eve.  I get totally paranoid because I don't want my kid to get hurt.  It just sux when you can't have peace and quiet and piece of mind in your own house.  If you want to throw huge parties like she was, you need to rent an appropriate venue.  Just my opinion, of course. 

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=MeMeMeMe link=topic=25691.msg1647095#msg1647095 date=1276539088]
    Tell that to Dimebag's family. I'm sure they didn't think he'd get shot in the head while a bunch of big burly bouncers were around, but he did.

Sorry for the double post 
    [/quote]

[quote author=irishkat link=topic=25691.msg1647102#msg1647102 date=1276539221]
    Clearly he has strong feelings dude!  :lol:

I do get what he's saying.  I have crappy neighbors who live behind me that have loud parties and shoot off fireworks in the backyard when we haven't had rain for months.  They're loud, obnoxious, and they shoot guns into the air on New Year's Eve.  I get totally paranoid because I don't want my kid to get hurt.  It just sux when you can't have peace and quiet and piece of mind in your own house.  If you want to throw huge parties like she was, you need to rent an appropriate venue.  Just my opinion, of course. 
    [/quote]
    JESUS CHRIST!?!? DO YOU LIVE IN AFGHANISTAN!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1647098#msg1647098 date=1276539137]
    Let me guess:  YOU are NOT the neighbor who had a murderous partier fleeing across your semi-rural property?

BTW: I'm a "she" with a handle including "gal" but I'm not like petty about all the times in this thread somebody assumed I was a "he".
    [/quote]

If you're speaking to me, I'm not being petty because she called me a dude. I'm saying you're pretty much being an asshole to everyone, even those who agree with you.

A lot of properties have had murderous people flee across them. Murderous people do tend to flee. I think pointing to that incident is kinda stupid if you want to prove longstanding harassment by her of her neighbors. It would make more sense to point out that people often trespassed or whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1647098#msg1647098 date=1276539137]
    Let me guess:  YOU are NOT the neighbor who had a murderous partier fleeing across your semi-rural property?

BTW: I'm a "she" with a handle including "gal" but I'm not like petty about all the times in this thread somebody assumed I was a "he".
    [/quote]
    I call everyone "Dude".

And YOU are NOT the neighbor who had a murderous partier fleeing across your semi-rural property either.  However, no matter where you live, there is always the possibility of some degenerate criminal cutting through your yard to escape capture.  Happens here all. the. time.

I just don't get your fixation on beating a dead horse to garner sympathy for her neighbors. 

She's dead.  They won't ever have to worry about her parties again.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=25691.msg1647104#msg1647104 date=1276539312]

JESUS CHRIST!?!? DO YOU LIVE IN AFGHANISTAN!?!
    [/quote]

Nope    I live in the bario and I love it, except for the tools that live behind me.  I'm the token white girl in the hood. 

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25691.msg1647116#msg1647116 date=1276539713]

[/quote]
    Oh my god!!!!!  Her neighbors had that running across their acreage???????  The TRAVESTY!!!!

Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

[quote author=strmmrgrrl link=topic=25691.msg1647110#msg1647110 date=1276539490].... However, no matter where you live, there is always the possibility of some degenerate criminal cutting through your yard to escape capture.  Happens here all. the. time.

I just don't get your fixation on beating a dead horse to garner sympathy for her neighbors. 

She's dead.  They won't ever have to worry about her parties again.
    [/quote]

My defense for the defenseless neighbors stemmed from the repeated refusals above for anyone to admit the parties were effecting others and maybe not appropriate in a residential area. IMHO you are keeping that up trying to imply that the party crowd didn't make it likely the neighbors would have trespassers....murderous or not.  The "those parties never bothered a soul" bit was actually stated repeatedly.

Now you guys are being douches.

People even started a "Nightmare Neighbor" thread here. Just cause this woman got killed it doesn't suddenly make her eligible for sainthood. I bet if you guys lived near her you'd be right here complaining about her and her shenanigans.

I'll drop it if we can all agree to move on to attacking the killer now :)

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=25691.msg1647122#msg1647122 date=1276539978]

People even started a "Nightmare Neighbor" thread here. Just cause this woman got killed it doesn't suddenly make her eligible for sainthood. I bet if you guys lived near her you'd be right here complaining about her and her shenanigans.
    [/quote]

I'd pay her a visit. 

[/quote]
    Oh, I'd be complaining - in the complaint thread.  To the cops.  Anyone that would listen.  Except MkeGal65 brought it up and refuses to let it go.  She has inside info on the supposed shenanigans so as far as I'm concerned, she's got an agenda.

This is a death/crime thread.  Not neighborhood watch.  I want to know more about the victim, the suspect and the crime.  No offense, I couldn't give a shit about the neighbors.  While the victim would never qualify for sainthood (and I'm not saying she does), she's dead.  They can go on with their lives with the hopes of getting a better, quieter neighbor.

[quote author=strmmrgrrl link=topic=25691.msg1647131#msg1647131 date=1276540254]
    Oh, I'd be complaining - in the complaint thread.  To the cops.  Anyone that would listen.  Except MkeGal65 brought it up and refuses to let it go.  She has inside info on the supposed shenanigans so as far as I'm concerned, she's got an agenda.

This is a death/crime thread.  Not neighborhood watch.  I want to know more about the victim, the suspect and the crime.  No offense, I couldn't give a shit about the neighbors.  While the victim would never qualify for sainthood (and I'm not saying she does), she's dead.  They can go on with their lives with the hopes of getting a better, quieter neighbor.

[/quote]
    Fair enough. I think she was just trying to give some insight into what these parties were about. Don't see the harm in that.

I want to know more about the victim, the suspect and the crime.
    The party environment and party goers are certainly a most important part of discussing the crime.  Without that situation none of this would have happened.  They are the cause, the environment, the witnesses, the victims, the perpetrator, the crime scene.

Her neighbors ARE very nice.  Read my posts above.  I've repeatedly expressed sympathetic thoughts about Melissa that were positive (trying to protect the woman who died, etc) and regret for her family's great loss...never said anything about her as a person negative.....I've stated, her neighbors suffered SILENTLY and ARE PRAYING FOR HER AND HER HUSBAND..........

go back, reread, it is there.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=25691.msg1647133#msg1647133 date=1276540351]
    Fair enough. I think she was just trying to give some insight into what these parties were about. Don't see the harm in that.
    [/quote]
    I've been to those parties and I have (in my older age  :oops: ) been annoyned by those parties.  No insight needed here.

The fact that she came here, headed right to this thread and knew first hand info of what went on at this specific person's home leads me to believe her primary purpose here was to stir shit.  And that's what annoys me.

Yeah, that guy definitely can't be used as evidence of her party-goers constantly trespassing. Shooting someone in the head is going to make someone want to wander out of the immediate area probably 98% of the time. Whereas getting shit faced... it's generally a toss-up between various other activities and passing out on the bathroom floor after a lot of this:

Additionally, regardless of the validity or non of your claims, I just don't think it's relevant at this point to try to make this about the injustices allegedly afflicted on her poor quiet neighbors. It's no longer an issue. The parties are no more because she is no more.

I also generally wouldn't expect your average locally-established cover-band to be unknowingly harboring a potential murderer. Generally.  

And no, I wouldn't be complaining about her and her shenanigans at this point because it doesn't matter anymore. She's dead. And personally, I'd prefer dealing with her parties rather than her getting shot in the head.

[quote author=strmmrgrrl link=topic=25691.msg1647142#msg1647142 date=1276540771]
    I've been to those parties and I have (in my older age  :oops: ) been annoyned by those parties.  No insight needed here.

The fact that she came here, headed right to this thread and knew first hand info of what went on at this specific person's home leads me to believe her primary purpose here was to stir shit.  And that's what annoys me.
    [/quote]

I apologize for annoying you.  However, your assumptions are incorrect.  I'm a crime case junkie and know people whose lives were touched in good ways and bad by Melissa.  I came here, not to "stir shit", but to find out more. *I* was annoyed myself by people defending the parties. I felt I responded with valid rebuttals without ever personally attacking the victim.  I'm guilty as charged for not backing down......but after I offered the olive branch, it seems others want to keep stirring shit.

Reread my posts.  Where did I insult MELISSA?  I insulted the PARTIES which I still believe were inappropriate.

[/quote]

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1647146#msg1647146 date=1276540993]
    I apologize for annoying you.  However, your assumptions are incorrect.  I'm a crime case junkie and know people whose lives were touched in good ways and bad by Melissa.  I came here, not to "stir shit", but to find out more. *I* was annoyed myself by people defending the parties. I felt I responded with valid rebuttals without ever personally attacking the victim.  I'm guilty as charged for not backing down......but after I offered the olive branch, it seems others want to keep stirring shit.
    Reread my posts.  Where did I insult MELISSA?  I insulted the PARTIES which I still believe were inappropriate.
    [/quote]
    Practicing what I preach  :oops:

So what other info have you been able to find out?  Are there other articles out there that haven't been posted here yet?

I'm curious as to what set him off to start attacking the first girl.

Several articles.......google NEWS search for her name
    22 articles here http://news.google.com/news/more?q=m...=0CCYQqgIoADAA

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...all&ref=ts

His facebook wall is public if you have a facebook log in
    not surprising some depressive stuff going way back

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25691.msg1646618#msg1646618 date=1276477113]
    People have 'benefits' all the time with food and beer. Do they need a liquor license for that? Serious question. [/quote]

They do where I live.  Charities, churches, festivals, neighborhood block parties that want to disrupt the immediate area with noise and traffic DO need a permit. And food quality/sanitation has to have some standards if they are feeding people.  The fees are usually practically nil for charities and churches, but they can't just decide to invite 1,000 people to descend upon a residential area without an okay from the municipality and giving some form of notice to the area residents.  Those residents do have a say in if a permit gets issued.  If it is for a decent cause or one time summer party, approval is almost always given and the immediate neighborhood is told to suck it up for 1 or 3 days once a year.  OTOH, if the locals effected have valid complaints about attendees causing trouble in the neighborhood, the party giver must arrange appropriate parking/security/policing/policy changes.

He called police HIMSELF
    and did have a permit for the gun
    http://www.whptv.com/mostpopular/sto...riERE9w1A.cspx

Family friend Joe Colonna was at the party, with about 100 others. He said this morning that the band had packed up in the midst of a downpour. Their van was loaded, but it kept getting stuck in the mud when they tried to leave.

Colonna said Holly McMichael went over to help and was confronted by Paul Nelsen, 29, who grabbed her neck. He said Melissa Barnes, 28, told him not to touch her guests, the two got into a shoving match, and then that's when Nelsen shot Barnes. He said an off-duty paramedic tried to help Barnes after she was shot.

quoted from and rest of article at http://www.ydr.com/ci_15290603?source=most_viewed

Thread Information