Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Hansen shot Melissa Barnes in the head

Re: Paul Hansen shot Melissa Barnes in the head

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1646978#msg1646978 date=1276534276]
    And NO I am NOT a bitchy neighbor of Melissa's......run my IP, I live 1,000+ miles away.
    [/quote]
    Still.  Fucking get over it all ready. 
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Her fearful neighbors were AFRAID to "make waves".

I honestly do live 1000+ miles away.  I wouldn't have been afraid of trespassers.  I'm young, have two kick ass guard dogs and guns.  Not everybody is so bold.

And Melissa invited the fearful neighbors to come.....IF THEY PAID.  So much for the "only friends" bit.  They shoved flyers all the hell over the place.

Seriously, why does it matter? This could've happened at a huge party with titties and a cover-charge or a smaller party with free-entry. It really doesn't matter.
    Her neighbors can relax in peace and quiet now, I guess and quit their griping if they were bothered by her. She's unable to 'disturb' them anymore.
    :roll:

So, if a young woman tragically loses her life trying to protect another, it means that any negative reality going on doesn't count?

Her neighbors, fearful and others, are praying for her and her husband.  But they sure ain't going to miss the party noise and party goers who came to drink all they could and see wet titties and bands like last year's Nuckin' Futs.

[quote author=ACautionaryTale link=topic=25691.msg1646996#msg1646996 date=1276534877]
    Seriously, why does it matter? This could've happened at a huge party with titties and a cover-charge or a smaller party with free-entry. It really doesn't matter.
    Her neighbors can relax in peace and quiet now, I guess and quit their griping if they were bothered by her. She's unable to 'disturb' them anymore.
    :roll:
    [/quote]

What she said.[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1646998#msg1646998 date=1276534948]
    So, if a young woman tragically loses her life trying to protect another, it means that any negative reality going on doesn't count?

Her neighbors, fearful and others, are praying for her and her husband.  But they sure ain't going to miss the party noise and party goers who came to drink all they could and see wet titties and bands like last year's Nuckin' Futs.
    [/quote]
    Hang ups.  You has them.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

If they were really that bothered by it, they needed to call the cops. Plain and simple. Someone can bitch and moan all they want about noisy neighbors, but if they aren't bothered enough or just plain don't have the common sense to actually do something about it, it's their own damn fault for having to put up with it.
    "They were afraid of making waves," that's such a stupid cop-out.

Hang ups.  You has them.
    No, I party hard myself.  I just don't disturb others and charge my neighbors to come to my party.

What I have is compassion and understanding for her neighbors who suffered from these events.  Which none of you seem to have.  You all seem to think because Melissa died tragically, that the world has to pretend that her quasi-commercial parties didn't inconvenience others.  If she was raising money for a charity besides herself, she sure never publicized that.

And poster(s) above repeatedly stated "oh these parties never bothered a neighbor".  WRONG.  

I've lost two relatives to gunshot wounds myself.  However, I don't go denying every slightly negative thing those two innocent victims did in their lives.  My half brother died protecting his mother, very much like Melissa's death. But I don't go around trying to act like he was Mother Theresa just because of the tragic ending to his life.

[quote author=ACautionaryTale link=topic=25691.msg1647022#msg1647022 date=1276535819]
    If they were really that bothered by it, they needed to call the cops. Plain and simple. Someone can bitch and moan all they want about noisy neighbors, but if they aren't bothered enough or just plain don't have the common sense to actually do something about it, it's their own damn fault for having to put up with it.
    "They were afraid of making waves," that's such a stupid cop-out.
    [/quote]

I don't agree that is a stupid cop out. There are certainly people who will retaliate against others. The neighbors probably knew better than you or I if they might be that type or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I don't agree that is a stupid cop out. There are certainly people who will retaliate against others. The neighbors probably knew better than you or I if they might be that type or not.
    Even if Melissa were the sweetest little thing.......which she very well might have been,
    Hard core bands like Nuckin Futs, Disorderly Conduct, all you can drink, firebreathers, tattooists, fire breathers YEAH, they would tend to deter a vulnerable older party or single woman with children and outdoor animals from starting a neighborhood war.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&amp ;q=555+Stevens+Road+newberry+township&sll=40.1 16418,-76.785309&sspn=0.000892,0.002122&ie=UTF8&a mp;hq=&hnear=555+Stevens+Rd,+York+Haven,+York, +Pennsylvania+17370&ll=40.116089,-76.785478&spn=0.000892,0.002122&t=h&z= 19

Looks pretty rural if you ask me. 
    Team Leyash

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1647031#msg1647031 date=1276536044]
    No, I party hard myself. 
    [/quote]
    :lol: No you don't.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1647056#msg1647056 date=1276536766]
    Even if Melissa were the sweetest little thing.......which she very well might have been,
    Hard core bands like Nuckin Futs, Disorderly Conduct, all you can drink, firebreathers, tattooists, fire breathers YEAH, they would tend to deter a vulnerable older party or single woman with children and outdoor animals from starting a neighborhood war.

[/quote]

Nobody wants to be in a neighbor war. I mean, after all, they are neighbors. You have to live by them. If she did this party thing a lot and her 'guests' were trespassing and causing problems I don't blame the neighbors for being pissed.

This reminds me of the thread on the guy who shot his neighbor after a long period of loud parties and calling the police without results. She's probably lucky she didn't get shot sooner. 

Yes, it is a semi-rural area. Not huge acreage or isolated by any means, though.  Melissa did indeed have neighbors close enough to hear the ruckus.  The noise carried just fine to the property owners who bought semi rural for peace of rural life. (They just weren't thinking paid bands and firebreathers several times a summer when they moved there BEFORE Melissa.) The big problem was the partygoers' behavior off Melissa's party on their way to and from.  The drunks after the parties, trespassing, fighting in front of neighbor's homes, and bothering their animals was a particularly unpleasant time for the older crowd and women home alone at night.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=25691.msg1647065#msg1647065 date=1276537433]
    :lol: No you don't. [/quote]

Dude, I do.  I have hours of hard metal playing all the time in my house, and my main form of entertainment is to get a little chemically altered.  That doesn't make me an inconsiderate asshole or defender of such.

I don't inflict the metal on the old ladies in the area, and I don't have paid guests tromping on their lawns screwing with their pets and scaring their children at 3 a.m. either.

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1647070#msg1647070 date=1276537842]
    Dude, I do.  I have hours of hard metal playing all the time in my house, and my main form of entertainment is to get a little chemically altered.  That doesn't make me an inconsiderate asshole or defender of such.

I don't inflict the metal on the old ladies in the area, and I don't have paid guests tromping on their lawns screwing with their pets and scaring their children at 3 a.m. either.

[/quote]
    If that's what is going on, I am on your side.

Hey, somebody on the Saint Melissa was in such a rural area not bothering a soul with her paid entrance parties explain this to me...

The murderer....... was TACKLED on a neighbor's property.  Murderer with a gun running on a NEIGHBOR's property after dark.  From her party.  A paid employee of her party no less.  And from the police quote, the murderer was held on the neighbor's land til cops arrived.

A murderer running on the neighbors' property.  Does that sound like some oversensitive unaffected stick up the ass neighbor?   "He was tackled by another person at the party" in an adjacent property, Newberry Township Police Chief John Snyder said. Hansen was held there until officers arrived, police said.

From many media reports one here:  http://www.yorkdispatch.com/ci_15289059

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1647075#msg1647075 date=1276538278]
    Hey, somebody on the Saint Melissa was in such a rural area not bothering a soul with her paid entrance parties explain this to me...

The murderer....... was TACKLED on a neighbor's property.  Murderer with a gun running on a NEIGHBOR's property after dark.  From her party.  A paid employee of her party no less.  And from the police quote, the murderer was held on the neighbor's land til cops arrived.

A murderer running on the neighbors' property.  Does that sound like some oversensitive unaffected stick up the ass neighbor?   "He was tackled by another person at the party" in an adjacent property, Newberry Township Police Chief John Snyder said. Hansen was held there until officers arrived, police said.

From many media reports one here:  http://www.yorkdispatch.com/ci_15289059
    [/quote]

I don't think you can really count that guy. He was clearly an anomaly. It's not like she planned to pay a guy to come to her party and kill her.

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1646571#msg1646571 date=1276471249]
    Where I live, if you charge total strangers to drink at your house, you need a liquor license. It is called a bar.  This wasn't a pass around the hat for your friends to chip in get together.

It was a planned advertised party inviting total strangers to come to your house where they pay and you feed drink and entertain them.

Party party party.  But do it in a business district.  How would you like your neighbors to decide to go into business for themselves and have an unlicensed unregulated neighbor from hell house next to you?  With drunken strangers NOBODY knows milling around.  I'll bet she didn't have valet parking either.

If it sounds cool now, think of your little girl or grandma trying to rest with some stranger urinating next to her bedroom window at 2 a.m. after the wet t-shirt contest.
    [/quote]

No reason to be such an asshole about it. Just sayin... 
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=21574.msg1377077#msg1377077 date=1251870961]<br />You are every kind of fail<br />[/quote]

Maybe there should have been a gun-check.&nbsp; No gun, no shot in the head

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25691.msg1647077#msg1647077 date=1276538360]
    I don't think you can really count that guy. He was clearly an anomaly. It's not like she planned to pay a guy to come to her party and kill her.
    [/quote]

Dude have YOU never partied in a casual event like this? &nbsp;Who do you think shows up? &nbsp; &nbsp;
    If you pay $25 to hear that kind of music and eat &amp; drink all you can and show wet titties or see wet titties....til the wee hours.....in an unlicensed establishment.......even a tight ass accountant type turns into an tipsy inconsiderate asshole by 2 a.m. leaving the joint.

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1647082#msg1647082 date=1276538562]
    Dude have YOU never partied in a casual event like this? &nbsp;Who do you think shows up? &nbsp; &nbsp;
    If you pay $25 to hear that kind of music and eat &amp; drink all you can and show wet titties or see wet titties....til the wee hours.....in an unlicensed establishment.......even a tight ass accountant type turns into an tipsy inconsiderate asshole by 2 a.m. leaving the joint.
    [/quote]

I'm not a dude and I was actually on your side, but fuck you and stuff.

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1647082#msg1647082 date=1276538562]
    [/quote]
    I wasn't on your side, but I am agreeing with you now. You go on and fight the good fight man!

And yea, gun check. For realz.

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1647031#msg1647031 date=1276536044]
    No, I party hard myself. &nbsp;I just don't disturb others and charge my neighbors to come to my party.

[/quote]
    It has nothing to do with whether you party hard.&nbsp; This is a thread to discuss a crime and a loss and you are persistently HUNG UP on the travesty which was perpetrated against her neighbors.

Seriously, fucking let it go already.

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1646595#msg1646595 date=1276473904]
    However, a regular licensed bar with big burly bouncers might have had a less lethal outcome.
    [/quote]

Tell that to Dimebag's family. I'm sure they didn't think he'd get shot in the head while a bunch of big burly bouncers were around, but he did.

Sorry for the double post&nbsp;
    [quote author=Olivia link=topic=21574.msg1377077#msg1377077 date=1251870961]<br />You are every kind of fail<br />[/quote]

[quote author=strmmrgrrl link=topic=25691.msg1647089#msg1647089 date=1276538698]
    It has nothing to do with whether you party hard.&nbsp; This is a thread to discuss a crime and a loss and you are persistently HUNG UP on the travesty which was perpetrated against her neighbors.

Seriously, fucking let it go already.
    [/quote]

Let me guess: &nbsp;YOU are NOT the neighbor who had a murderous partier fleeing across your semi-rural property?

BTW: I'm a &quot;she&quot; with a handle including &quot;gal&quot; but I'm not like petty about all the times in this thread somebody assumed I was a &quot;he&quot;.

Thread Information