Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1291

Thread: Kyron Horman (7) missing after being dropped off for school Science Fair.

Re: Kyron Horman (7) missing after being dropped off for school Science Fair.

[quote author=KimTisha link=topic=25612.msg1695234#msg1695234 date=1281820746]
    I think the step-mom has her bases covered a little too much.  She's far too clear on exactly where she was at what time with receipts to back her up.  That's the mark of someone who knew they would be asked.  Just my opinion.
    [/quote]
    for real. I can barley remember what I did yesterday let alone what time

Olivia

Sources tell KGW that the grand jury in the Kyron Horman case met Monday, interviewing representatives from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office and other law enforcement officials.

Sources said the interviews would likely continue through Tuesday and possibly Wednesday.

Prosecutors have been seeking and obtaining subpoenas, and presenting witnesses to the grand jury for many weeks as part of the ongoing investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman, missing since June 4.

Grand jury proceedings are secret and a judge has barred media from filming witnesses going in or out of the courthouse, but sources tell KGW that Kyron's parents, friends of Terri Horman including DeDe Spicher, and Skyline Elementary school employees have all appeared before the grand jury.

http://www.kgw.com/home/Kyron-Horman-grand-jury-meets-again-101339004.html

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=25612.msg1695051#msg1695051 date=1281794605]
    I really think the police have an idea of what happened are just wanting to get some hard evidence before they make an arrest.  And, I may be wrong, but I don't think a doctor would wait a week if he thought your child was having "mini seizures".  Hell my vet wants the little one in ASAP if you suspect anything like that, not the following week, so I would think a human doctor would be as conscientious?  And another point Kaine hasn't mentioned anything like that that I remember; so possibly Terri is trying CYA?  Anyone with any sense at all knows texts, emails, voice messages and shit like that are used all the time to help prove or disprove a crime.
    [/quote] You would think. Not always the case. Ryan was having mini seizures and they gave him a dr appointment for October when it was the beginning of June. I mean, not that that really has anything to do with the case, but you never really know anything when it comes to judging human behavior lol
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=25612.msg1702916#msg1702916 date=1282793741]
    You would think. Not always the case. Ryan was having mini seizures and they gave him a dr appointment for October when it was the beginning of June. I mean, not that that really has anything to do with the case, but you never really know anything when it comes to judging human behavior lol
    [/quote]

True dat!!!

Olivia

Kyron Horman, the missing boy whose disappearance has ripped through the hearts of so many, will be turning 8 years old on Thursday and a public celebration is planned in his absence.

Kyron was last seen June 4 after he was dropped off at school and despite thousands of tips, what happened to him remains a mystery.

While the search for Kyron continues, folks do not want to let his birthday go by unnoticed. The women who run the Missing Kyron Horman Facebook page are organizing a party at the Family Fun Center & Bullwinkle's Restaurant in Wilsonville, which was one of Kyron's favorite places to go.

The event will be held Sunday, Sept. 12 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. (cake and ice cream will be served at 2 p.m.). Proceeds will go to the Kyron Horman Foundation to aid in the continued search.

There will be free digital fingerprinting, free DNA kits and safety information. The Clackamas County Canine Unit will be there as well with McGruff the Crime Dog.

On Thursday, the day of Kyron's birthday, there will be a celebration at West Main Church of Christ in Medford at 7 p.m. They will be playing music that he loves. The church is at 1701 W. Main St. Call (541) 772-9640 for more information.

Fence posts were installed this weekend for the new Wall of Hope location at Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue's Skyline station, just down the street from the school where it used to stand.

Since Kyron's disappearance, a chain link fence at Skyline Elementary became a central point where the community could drop off balloons, pictures, toys and notes for Kyron. With school starting, though, the boy's family decided to have it moved.

The fence was taken to the new location a week ago but has not yet been put up. That will happen on Tuesday.

For those who wish to visit the Wall of Hope, you will need to park away from the fire station.

"We know the public will want to park on district property to view the Wall of Hope and they're welcome to visit, but please remember that the Skyline Fire Station is a working fire station and fire apparatus do depart and return frequently," said TVF&R Communications Officer Brian Barker. "Because of this we cannot allow the public to park, turn around or stage on the driveway in front of the station."

http://www.katu.com/news/local/102298929.html

On the news last night they were saying that kaine horman enrolled Kyron in school, signed him up for soccer, bought all his school supplies and such.  Listening to that was very sad.  :-(
    Lurker checking in.

[quote author=YayMe link=topic=25612.msg1709931#msg1709931 date=1283811901]
    On the news last night they were saying that kaine horman enrolled Kyron in school, signed him up for soccer, bought all his school supplies and such.  Listening to that was very sad.  :-(  [/quote]

This just made me cry. 
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

I'm still baffled by the way he dissapeared. Where could of this kid gone? I really hope he's alive.
    Visit my site at: www.healthy-organic-life.com for the purest way to LIVE!

[quote author=YayMe link=topic=25612.msg1709931#msg1709931 date=1283811901]
    On the news last night they were saying that kaine horman enrolled Kyron in school, signed him up for soccer, bought all his school supplies and such.  Listening to that was very sad.  :-(
    [/quote]

I saw that on national news. :-(  Just heartbreaking. 

i realize that kyron's parents are holding onto any bit of hope they can, im sure i would as well but doesnt it seem 'different' that the length in which they are holding out hope is not typical of these situations?
    i mean, okay, not changing his bed or making it because thats how he left it, i would do the same.  but as far as enrolling him in school and buying school supplies, when is someone going to say to the parents that 'ok, we have to really look at reality right now'.  makes me wonder if they have been told anything behind the scenes that he may be alive or whats going on.

i hope that doesnt sound mean, im not trying to be mean spirited but im puzzled at this last report. 

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=25612.msg1709988#msg1709988 date=1283816963]
    i realize that kyron's parents are holding onto any bit of hope they can, im sure i would as well but doesnt it seem 'different' that the length in which they are holding out hope is not typical of these situations?
    i mean, okay, not changing his bed or making it because thats how he left it, i would do the same.  but as far as enrolling him in school and buying school supplies, when is someone going to say to the parents that 'ok, we have to really look at reality right now'.  makes me wonder if they have been told anything behind the scenes that he may be alive or whats going on.

i hope that doesnt sound mean, im not trying to be mean spirited but im puzzled at this last report. 
    [/quote]

I wondered too if they knew something we did not. Either that or they are deep in denial.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Well, the Elizabeth Smart, Shaun Hornbeck and Jaycee Dugard cases have got to give you some hope...

I know I read somewhere about parents buying birthday and Christmas gifts for their missing kids for years.

So, no, it doesn't seem strange to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25612.msg1709989#msg1709989 date=1283817043]
    I wondered too if they knew something we did not. Either that or they are deep in denial.
    [/quote]i think its more this than anything which makes me sad because all i can do is picture them sitting there waiting endlessly for him to come home.  of course i think they are also in communities where they are surrounded by people saying 'he'll be home soon' or anything close to that.  i think it may just be how they are coping but i dunno. 
    im thinking about when my dad went missing, i know there is always the 'not knowing' but i never saw my mom buy him new jeans for him to wear to work when he got home if that makes sense.

i will say tho, that for 5 years after he went missing, i bought him a fathers day card but it wasnt for him, it was really for me. 
    [quote author=puzzld link=topic=25612.msg1709992#msg1709992 date=1283817499]
    Well, the Elizabeth Smart, Shaun Hornbeck and Jaycee Dugard cases have got to give you some hope...

I know I read somewhere about parents buying birthday and Christmas gifts for their missing kids for years.

[/quote]enrolling him in school just seems like a way far stretch than buying him a present for christmas.  I do hold out hope that he is found but my gut instinct says that, that twat terri did something to him.

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=25612.msg1709988#msg1709988 date=1283816963]

[/quote]

I actually did think about that at first.  The grief and the denial leading them to grasp at straws of normalcy.  The school stuff didn't throw me, but the soccer really did.  Has there ever been anything said before about him bei g a soccer player?  The reason I found that one odd is because of his eyesight issues...
    Lurker checking in.

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=25612.msg1709999#msg1709999 date=1283818188]
    i think its more this than anything which makes me sad because all i can do is picture them sitting there waiting endlessly for him to come home. 
    [/quote]

:-(  It's nothing but devastating. I 'nightmared' about one of my kids last night. It's going to take a while for me to shake that feeling...but I woke up.
    When is someone going to find him, or give up some info so he can come home?  :x

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=25612.msg1709992#msg1709992 date=1283817499]

[/quote]

Don't forget Coleen Stan.

my mom was telling me to always pay attention to what my kids wear everyday, especially their shoes.  She said that typically when a child is abducted (like a planned abduction sort of thing), sometimes a kidnapper will have spare clothes and hair dye and that they often dont think about having shoes with them as well. 
    i was all wtf?  she said at wal mart they have 'code adam' and thats the code for if a child is lost in the store.  down here they call a code adam and a description is sent out to all the managers and they shut the front doors untilt he kiddo is found.  the shoes story was one that the managers had told the employees.

kind of a lame story i was sharing there but it made sense to me so i always pay attention to their shoes. 

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=25612.msg1710035#msg1710035 date=1283820603]
    my mom was telling me to always pay attention to what my kids wear everyday, especially their shoes.  She said that typically when a child is abducted (like a planned abduction sort of thing), sometimes a kidnapper will have spare clothes and hair dye and that they often dont think about having shoes with them as well. 
    i was all wtf?  she said at wal mart they have 'code adam' and thats the code for if a child is lost in the store.  down here they call a code adam and a description is sent out to all the managers and they shut the front doors untilt he kiddo is found.  the shoes story was one that the managers had told the employees.

kind of a lame story i was sharing there but it made sense to me so i always pay attention to their shoes. 
    [/quote]

I have heard that before, actually, so QFT.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25612.msg1710029#msg1710029 date=1283820227]

Don't forget Coleen Stan.

[/quote]
    Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=25612.msg1710061#msg1710061 date=1283823016]
    Who?
    [/quote]

I misspelled her first name, that should have been Colleen.  :-(

Horrific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Stan

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25612.msg1710071#msg1710071 date=1283823521]

I misspelled her first name, that should have been Colleen.  :-(

Horrific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colleen_Stan
    [/quote]
    <quiet>
    I'm just sayin'....

[quote author=vix68pony link=topic=25612.msg1710112#msg1710112 date=1283827929]
    <quiet>
    [/quote]

i remember reading a book about the colleen stan case.  wasnt it called the stockholm syndrome or something?  i remember it was along the lines of that she was kidnapped but they brainwashed her into believing they were all she had and so she lived with that guy and i think his wife or gf for almost ten years.  no one could understand why she didnt just leave and get away from them.....

damn, i guess i could just go read the damn link......

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=25612.msg1710154#msg1710154 date=1283834381]
    i remember reading a book about the colleen stan case.  wasnt it called the stockholm syndrome or something?  i remember it was along the lines of that she was kidnapped but they brainwashed her into believing they were all she had and so she lived with that guy and i think his wife or gf for almost ten years.  no one could understand why she didnt just leave and get away from them.....

damn, i guess i could just go read the damn link......

[/quote]

If you read the book, I am sure it covers more than the link does. It was horrific. I wouldn't recommend that book to anyone.

Yes, it was Stockholm Syndrome. She came to a point where she cared for her captor, just like Jaycee Dugard did. Being captive isn't normal, but I guess people adapt to survive. In turn, they come to care for their captors like they are some kind of savior.

[quote author=White trash bitchy blonde link=topic=25612.msg1709999#msg1709999 date=1283818188]
    i will say tho, that for 5 years after he went missing, i bought him a fathers day card but it wasnt for him, it was really for me.[/quote]

I think you hit the nail on the head right there, WTBB - that maybe Kaine enrolled Kyron in school, soccer, etc for Kaine's sake.

Where is this little boy?  :?
    A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

Maybe i'm a Debbie Downer, but I'd rather think my kid was dead and be delighted to find out he was alive than delude myself that he was alive and find out he was dead.

Thread Information