Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyron Horman (7) missing after being dropped off for school Science Fair.

Re: Kyron Horman (7) missing after being dropped off for school Science Fair.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25612.msg1651129#msg1651129 date=1276918308]
    I don't think that's true. It surely would have been used by now in a case we would have heard about.
    [/quote]

Yeah, that's true. I have a ton of [s]microphones[/s] cell phones I don't use anymore sitting around here. It's hard to toss them because I hate transferring the numbers unless I need them.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/18/the-step-mom-the-truck-and-the-uncle-the-latest-on-kyron-horman/

In a bizarre but unrelated development, Gates also confirmed online reports that a man recently convicted in the Seattle area for child molestation is Kyron’s uncle.

On Wednesday, Kristian Horman was convicted of third-degree child molestation in connection with a 2008 case and was booked into jail on a three-month sentence. Authorities in Snohomish County, Wash., have confirmed the victim in that case was a female relative.

I'm a god mother fucker and it's judgment day.

[quote author=Nasirah_Aden link=topic=25612.msg1651135#msg1651135 date=1276918559]
    http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06/18/the-step-mom-the-truck-and-the-uncle-the-latest-on-kyron-horman/

In a bizarre but unrelated development, Gates also confirmed online reports that a man recently convicted in the Seattle area for child molestation is Kyron’s uncle.

On Wednesday, Kristian Horman was convicted of third-degree child molestation in connection with a 2008 case and was booked into jail on a three-month sentence. Authorities in Snohomish County, Wash., have confirmed the victim in that case was a female relative.
    [/quote]

Is this the first time we have seen the name or have I gone blind?  :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25612.msg1651138#msg1651138 date=1276918695]
    [/quote]

That' the first time I've seen it.

I'm a god mother fucker and it's judgment day.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25612.msg1651138#msg1651138 date=1276918695]
    [/quote]

First time for me.  Interesting but not making me feel like he is realted to the Kyron situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=25612.msg1651142#msg1651142 date=1276918893]
    First time for me.  Interesting but not making me feel like he is realted to the Kyron situation.
    [/quote]

I don't think so either, but I'm not going to say why because I don't want to get into that argument again.

Iced people was trying to make me think I was crazy.

[quote author=ICDEDPPL link=topic=25612.msg1651122#msg1651122 date=1276918077]
    Based on the last name, I'd say Dad's.
    [/quote]

[/quote]

This is the first time I have seen it, too.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25612.msg1651143#msg1651143 date=1276918939]
    I don't think so either, but I'm not going to say why because I don't want to get into that argument again.

Iced people was trying to make me thing I was crazy.

[/quote]

I don't thing you are 

Do you need a "Fight Of The Day" topic?  If so, go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I mean I spent most V days drunk, but that's because I'm a lush, not bc I was bitter haha

[quote author=TinkerBelly link=topic=25612.msg1651151#msg1651151 date=1276919488]
    I don't thing you are 

Do you need a "Fight Of The Day" topic?  If so, go for it!
    [/quote]

Yes. I typed 'thing I was crazy' and you quoted it. 

[/quote]I may have seen it somewhere else.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Friend says Terri Moulton Horman is scheduled to take another polygraph in disappearance of Kyron Horman

Kyron Horman's stepmother -- who became the most prominent figure in the investigation into the boy's disappearance Friday -- is scheduled to take a second polygraph test Saturday, according to a friend.

Investigators put photos of Terri Moulton Horman, 40, and the type of pickup she was driving the day Kyron vanished, on fliers seeking information on the missing child.

Jaymie Finster, a longtime friend, said Horman is "tired and frustrated with the intensity of the questioning she's been getting."

After taking one polygraph test, Finster said, Horman is taking another one Saturday and "she's not very happy about it." Finster has known Horman since they went to junior high in Roseburg and worked together in the Hillsboro School District, where Finster is a special ed teacher. She said Horman and her husband, Kaine, are exhausted as the investigation drags on.

Friday, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office held a press conference to release the flier with Horman's face on it and to dispel online rumors that the second-grader had been found.
    Capt. Jason Gates would not say whether Terri Moulton Horman is a suspect in the second-grader's June 4 disappearance from Skyline School.

"Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared," Gates said. "We are releasing this information at this time in hope that it helps jog people's memory of that day."

Horman told Finster, "I just don't know what's going on. This is what I did that day."

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

Investigators say Horman told them she last saw Kyron at 8:45 a.m. June 4 as he walked to his classroom after the two had toured the school's science fair. Previously, officials had said that Kyron had been seen around 9 a.m. by an unnamed witness, but Gates declined to clarify the discrepancy Friday.

Gates said Terri Horman and the rest of Kyron's family have cooperated with the investigation. In a statement he read at the press conference, Kyron's family expressed its support for the release of the flier.

"We want Kyron home, and we hope this will help do that," the family said.

Gates repeatedly said he could not comment on suspects or persons of interest in the case. In response to a question about the possible danger to the community, he said: "I can't say for certainty that it wasn't stranger-to-stranger, I can't. But I also can tell you that the need for the public to be alarmed is very low."

Finster said Horman was very down. "She's exhausted. She said I don't understand why they keep asking me stuff. They want me to take the polygraph again. It doesn't make sense because I didn't do anything."

Authorities are also asking anyone who was at Skyline School between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. June 4 to answer questions regarding Kyron's disappearance, even if they have already been interviewed by investigators.

The form asks whether Horman or the family's white Ford F250 pickup were seen at the school and when. There are also questions about Kyron: If he was seen at Skyline, when and if he was with anyone else.

Although investigators have already interviewed teachers, staff, students and parents -- in some cases, two or three times -- Gates said they want to be thorough.

"We can assure you that our primary goal is not to make any mistakes in this case -- to be as perfect as we can in investigating this case."

Gates said the questionnaires would enable investigators to check and double-check leads. They also want to make sure they have contacted everyone who was at Skyline that day, including people who might not normally be at the school.

"It's very important that we reach everyone who was here," Gates said.

Gates said the information gathered from the questionnaire would help advance the case.

"A huge part of this investigation right now is we're eliminating a lot of leads and clearing a lot of leads," Gates said. "That's important so we can get focused in."

The pickup in question has since been towed from the Horman home. Gates said that the family requested it be towed because of a mechanical problem and that the towing was not related to the investigation.

Gates said officials continued to make progress. Minutes after the press conference ended, a dive team was seen searching a pond just down the street from the school.

Gates continued to ask for the public's help in finding Kyron, and he said the many rumors that have appeared online about the case -- including reports Thursday on Facebook and Twitter that Kyron had been found and an arrest had been made -- were hurting the investigation.

"Those are not true," Gates said. "He has not been found yet, and the community needs to keep looking for him."

Gates also addressed the missing boy directly.

"Kyron, we are still looking for you," he said.

Kyron's family thanked the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, searchers, the media and the community as a whole for their support since Kyron's disappearance.

"Father's Day is Sunday. For the first time in seven years, we will not have Kyron around to hug and talk to," the family said. "It hurts us deeply and our heart is broken.

"Please help bring Kyron home."

The fliers and questionnaire are available online and a link is on oregonlive.com. Gates said the questionnaires can be returned to the school where a deputy will be available to collect them between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. Sunday.

This is a complete shot in the dark but could it be possible the police are doing all of this investigating of the step mom to eliminate her from suspicion?  As if to build a case against someone else by removing all doubts against her?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

From dreamer1627's post:

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.
    Okay all you educators - what type of paperwork pertaining to a doctor's appointment would you be asked to fill out?  Perhaps an ADHD questionnaire?  Anything else you guys can think of?

And this is the first mention I have heard of the doctor's appointment possibly being the reason no one at the school was concerned for Kyron the day he went missing. 
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Kyron's stepmom in her bodybuilding days.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Honestly, I teach high school, I never see anything pertaining to kids medical info unless it's come through the nurse. Things are probably different in elementary school since kids need shots and stuff.
    Hopefully there is an elementary teacher in our midsts that can clarify things.

my son is going into 2nd grade and the only paperwork that has been exchanged between the school and myself concerning his medical stuff (besides his inoculation records prior to starting kindergarten) is the dental evaluation they send home every year that i have to have his dentist fill out before the school year starts.  but i turn that into the office, and it's never filled out by the teacher for anything.....

so i don't have a clue really, what paperwork his teacher would have to fill out for a doctor's appointment.

and i think one of the earlier articles stated that the teacher was confused because she thought kyron's stepmom had said he had a doctor's appointment that day, but kyron's stepmom said she was just letting her know he had an upcoming appointment.

i may have misread it though.

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=25612.msg1651348#msg1651348 date=1276955761]

Kyron's stepmom in her bodybuilding days.
    [/quote]Whoa, she looks like she could hurt someone.

I've had two kids with ADHD and I had to have their teachers complete questionnaires regarding their behavior during school and academic progress.  The doctor used them for the initial diagnosis and to monitor their progress while they were on medication.

[quote author=Estone66 link=topic=25612.msg1651365#msg1651365 date=1276959724]
    I've had two kids with ADHD and I had to have their teachers complete questionnaires regarding their behavior during school and academic progress.  The doctor used them for the initial diagnosis and to monitor their progress while they were on medication.
    [/quote]

How old were your kids at the initial diagnosis? (if you don't mind answering)

[quote author=Estone66 link=topic=25612.msg1651365#msg1651365 date=1276959724]
    [/quote]

that makes more sense.  i can understand if that is the situation here.  has any article mentioned anything like this about kyron so far?  all i can remember is that he was a quiet, smart and well behaved (or something along these lines) kid.

[quote author=portia link=topic=25612.msg1651367#msg1651367 date=1276960262]
    that makes more sense.  i can understand if that is the situation here.  has any article mentioned anything like this about kyron so far?  all i can remember is that he was a quiet, smart and well behaved (or something along these lines) kid.
    [/quote]
    I know our teachers have to fill out all sorts of evaluations on our kids, but they are classified special education. Policies vary from school to school too- like at our school, the teachers get anything from a parent through myself or another clinician. Other schools there is much more contact between the parent and teacher.
    Also, parents looking to enroll their kids in different things, or having concerns may get forms asking the teachers observations.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

[quote author=Monter link=topic=25612.msg1651371#msg1651371 date=1276960963]
    I know our teachers have to fill out all sorts of evaluations on our kids, but they are classified special education. Policies vary from school to school too- like at our school, the teachers get anything from a parent through myself or another clinician. Other schools there is much more contact between the parent and teacher.
    Also, parents looking to enroll their kids in different things, or having concerns may get forms asking the teachers observations.
    [/quote]

i can totally understand forms and evaluations for special education kids, our schools do that to. 

i just don't remember seeing anywhere that kyron was a special needs child or anything along those lines.  i would think it would have been mentioned if he were?  i don't know.  i'm just trying to make sense of the doctor's appointment confusion. 

i thought one of the earlier articles said something about the teacher assuming kyron left with is stepmom because she had told her at the science fair that kyron had an appointment.  then the stepmom said it was a misunderstanding and that she had told the teacher that kyron had an upcoming appointment.  and now the one article stated that kyron's step mom had given the teacher paperwork to fill out regarding his doctor's appointment. 

blah!  i don't know.  i wish they would release more information.

[quote author=portia link=topic=25612.msg1651372#msg1651372 date=1276961514]
    i can totally understand forms and evaluations for special education kids, our schools do that to. 

i just don't remember seeing anywhere that kyron was a special needs child or anything along those lines.  i would think it would have been mentioned if he were?  i don't know.  i'm just trying to make sense of the doctor's appointment confusion. 

i thought one of the earlier articles said something about the teacher assuming kyron left with is stepmom because she had told her at the science fair that kyron had an appointment.  then the stepmom said it was a misunderstanding and that she had told the teacher that kyron had an upcoming appointment.  and now the one article stated that kyron's step mom had given the teacher paperwork to fill out regarding his doctor's appointment. 

blah!  i don't know.  i wish they would release more information.
    [/quote]

Yes, I read about the appointment confusion, too. 

http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/kyron-hormans-stepmom-terri-moulton-horman-under-scrutiny-in-missing-child-case/19521940
    (June 18) -- The search for missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman is now focused on the boy's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, who was the last person to see Kyron before he vanished.

Two weeks after the little boy disappeared from his Oregon elementary school, Willamette Week reports that investigators have determined that Moulton Horman was not where she said she was on the day her stepson vanished.

Greg Wahl-Stephens, AP
    The investigation into missing Portland, Ore., boy Kyron Horman is now focused on his stepmother Terri Moulton Horman, seen here with Kyron's father Kaine.
    Police say cell phone records show that on June 4, the day Kyron was last seen, Moulton Horman was on Sauvie Island, five miles from Kyron's school. Divers and rescue teams have been combing that island for any signs of the second-grader since June 10.

"This will not become a cold case for us," Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Capt. Jason Gates said this week.

Since the early days of the case, many found the Horman family's relative silence about their son's disappearance odd. In most missing child cases, parents try to use media attention to raise awareness about their children, but the Hormans have made only two public appearances.

Still, some experts say the family may have a good reason for remaining so quiet.

"The police might think that this is an abduction and, because of that, don't want to feed information to the suspect," Harold Copus, a former FBI agent, told AOL News Thursday. "They may also want the family to remain silent so they don't inadvertently say something they shouldn't to reporters."

Rumors about the case were flying anyway, especially when a local news station in Oregon erroneously reported online that Kyron's body had been found. "Kyron Horman's body found," Portland TV station KOIN declared online Thursday afternoon. The station later retracted the headline and apologized.

Willamette Week, citing unnamed law-enforcement officials "from agencies at the city, county and federal level," says Moulton Horman raised suspicions almost immediately for having claimed to have gone to the gym after reporting Kyron missing.

"Hitting the gym," she wrote on her Facebook wall that morning.

But Lt. Mary Lindstrand, spokeswoman for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, said the rumors were unhelpful. "They're not thinking about how the information that they're spreading can affect others," she told Willamette Week.

Last week, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton called off the search for Kyron and classified his disappearance as a criminal case.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

This article has a lot of info I haven't heard before about the family itself. Like Terri's multiple marriages and her DUI a few years back when her child was in the car with her. Terri was also originally Kyron's biomom's friend. After the divorce biomom dealt with medical issues so Terri went to move in with Kyron's dad to help with taking care of Kyron, and they ended up marrying.

Thread Information