Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Police accidentally shoot 7-year-old girl in house search

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar

Re: Police accidentally shoot 7-year-old girl in house search

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=25369.msg1626479#msg1626479 date=1274195753]
    I'm curious and have a kind of devil's advocate question.  The article says police are trying to obtain the video - has everyone seen it?  If not, how did this attorney see it or know what it shows?  That isn't very clear.

RIP Aiyana
    [/quote]

Maybe the media source showed it to the attorney?
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

[quote author=TheFavoriteDaughter link=topic=25369.msg1626481#msg1626481 date=1274195856]
    Maybe the media source showed it to the attorney?
    [/quote]

The media source was A&E's film crew for 48 Hours.

I am waiting for them to release the name of the 34yr old suspect they were looking for.

Also, WTF happened to Kym Worthy. She is the Wayne County prosecutor launching an investigation into this. She doesn't put up with shit.  :-o :-o :-o

Awww, I like this picture of Aiyana, too.

I just found this:

<snip>Fieger called the explanation from police "entirely false."

"Of course, I have seen the videotape and the videotape vividly portrays the fact that a percussion grenade device was thrown through the front window and a shot was fired immediately from the outside from the porch," he said. <snip>
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/05/16/michigan.police.child/index.html
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=25369.msg1626498#msg1626498 date=1274196798]
    Awww, I like this picture of Aiyana, too.

[/quote]

I hate this cruel world. 

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25369.msg1626500#msg1626500 date=1274197063]
    I hate this cruel world. 
    [/quote]Ditto

This is the link to the murder victim of the guy they were looking for.

http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=25386.0

Video at link.

Fieger files lawsuits in Aiyana's shooting death

Southfield attorney Geoffrey Fieger today announced the filing of two lawsuits – one in state court, one in federal court – alleging civil rights violations and a conspiracy to cover up the circumstances of the Sunday shooting death of 7-year-old Aiyana Stanley-Jones during a raid by Detroit police.

During a news conference at his office with the girl’s family present, Fieger also cited a mystery man who Fieger said stopped by his law office Monday morning to show him video of the deadly police raid. Fieger said the video is sharply at odds with the Detroit Police version of events.

Fieger asked city leaders, including Detroit Mayor Dave Bing and Police Chief Warren Evans, to apologize to the family and admit wrongdoing by Detroit Police when the girl was accidentally shot to death during a raid to arrest a man in an unrelated homicide.

“This investigation should have been over Sunday morning,” Fieger said. “The people of Detroit have got to believe that the police will protect them and not kill them.”

Police officials have expressed remorse for Aiyana’s death, while also noting that police have conducted similar raids on many occasions without the kind of tragic outcome that resulted Sunday. Police have asked Michigan State Police to investigate the episode. Detroit Police have said they will conduct their own, internal investigation into how the raid was conducted.

Fieger said the girl, who was asleep on the couch with her grandmother by a front window at about 12:40 a.m. Sunday, was severely burned by a flash-bang concussion grenade police threw through the window moments before entering the house in search of a homicide suspect. The girl was fatally shot in the neck in the moments after the grenade was thrown inside. It remains unclear how the gun went off, a subject that is currently under dispute.

Police initially said Sunday that the gun accidentally went off after an officer entered the Detroit duplex and tussled with 47-year-old Mertilla Jones, the child’s grandmother. Later Sunday, a police official used more benign language to describe the grandmother’s alleged actions, saying there was some sort of contact between Jones and the officer.

At today’s news conference, Jones repeated that she had no physical contact with any of the officers.

Fieger, who said Monday that he had been shown video of the police raid, offered more detail today. He said a man, who he would not identify, stopped by his office Monday and showed him video, which did not appear to be professionally shot, of the police raid. Fieger contends the gunshot that followed the flash-bang grenade was fired by an officer outside the home, not inside, and was not the result of an altercation with the grandmother.

Fieger would not say if the man with the video was a police officer or a civilian, but he indicated that he was not part of an A&E TV film crew that was documenting the police raid.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010051...shooting-death

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25369.msg1626484#msg1626484 date=1274195928]
    The media source was A&E's film crew for 48 Hours.
    [/quote]

I think it was the first 48. My husband didn't know what to think about this one till we watched the news last night and saw that an officer shot inside the home. I mean wtf? Are you a dumb cop besides being dirtier than a pig in mud? There's a tv crew and he's just blindly shooting into that house. 

I too, am glad Fieger took that case, he's a shark in the courtroom, as we all know. That family is in good hands with him. Bad move DPD, protect and serve my ass. I'm more afraid of the cops there than the criminals when I go down to Detroit, that's not right.

The video is certainly worth watching. It explains a LOT about where everyone lived.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=25369.msg1626539#msg1626539 date=1274199742]
    I think it was the first 48. My husband didn't know what to think about this one till we watched the news last night and saw that an officer shot inside the home. I mean wtf? Are you a dumb cop besides being dirtier than a pig in mud? There's a tv crew and he's just blindly shooting into that house. 

I too, am glad Fieger took that case, he's a shark in the courtroom, as we all know. That family is in good hands with him. Bad move DPD, protect and serve my ass. I'm more afraid of the cops there than the criminals when I go down to Detroit, that's not right.
    [/quote]

:lol: You're right. The First 48.
    omg, in my search for the name of the guy they were looking for I came across the press conference Fieger held.  :2huh: I love that man. He has always been such a strong voice in the community.

When I got into trouble I so wanted to call Fieger. I was like, damn, what if I walk into the courtroom with HIM.  I'm glad the family is going to see some justice here, by the grace of luck that was videotaped so the cops couldn't cover shit up. They tried to blame the grandmother all along when that little girl was probably shot by the cop out on the porch :(

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25369.msg1626537#msg1626537 date=1274199547]
    Fieger, who said Monday that he had been shown video of the police raid, offered more detail today. He said a man, who he would not identify, stopped by his office Monday and showed him video, which did not appear to be professionally shot, of the police raid. Fieger contends the gunshot that followed the flash-bang grenade was fired by an officer outside the home, not inside, and was not the result of an altercation with the grandmother.

Fieger would not say if the man with the video was a police officer or a civilian, but he indicated that he was not part of an A&E TV film crew that was documenting the police raid.
    [/quote]Interesting!

The video is FULL of information! Also heart wrenching cries from her grandmother.  :-(

Chauncy Owens is who they were looking for. He was NOT in the apartment they went into, and they did not have a warrant for the one he was in.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010051...shooting-death

I can't watch the video, I've seen the dad on tv and that alone kills me, plus I'm crying for Sue..my dogs think something is really wrong with me and want to console me.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=25369.msg1626563#msg1626563 date=1274200642]
    I can't watch the video, I've seen the dad on tv and that alone kills me, plus I'm crying for Sue..my dogs think something is really wrong with me and want to console me.
    [/quote]

My heart hurts for Sue, too.  :-(

A lot of the comments I have read about this situation talk about eliminating the police force all together. Quite honestly, I don't see what difference it would make.

God, they thought there was a problem with dead cops before, now it's gonna be way worse. I'm supposed to go down to Detroit June 18, if there is uproar going on I don't know if I want to go and may warn the band I'm going to see that they might want to play a little farther north.

Mt. Clemens did away with the city police force. Now they have the Macomb County Sheriff is the police force they have. Maybe Wayne County should consider something like this.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=25369.msg1626573#msg1626573 date=1274201138]
    God, they thought there was a problem with dead cops before, now it's gonna be way worse. I'm supposed to go down to Detroit June 18, if there is uproar going on I don't know if I want to go and may warn the band I'm going to see that they might want to play a little farther north.
    [/quote]

Clutch Cargo's   

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25369.msg1626577#msg1626577 date=1274201395]
    Mt. Clemens did away with the city police force. Now they have the Macomb County Sheriff is the police force they have. Maybe Wayne County should consider something like this.

Clutch Cargo's   
    [/quote]

They're playing at Blondies, but I'd rather em play at Machine Shop,closer to me :D

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=25369.msg1626587#msg1626587 date=1274202028]
    They're playing at Blondies, but I'd rather em play at Machine Shop,closer to me :D
    [/quote]

Wear your Kevlar jacket. 

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25369.msg1626593#msg1626593 date=1274202207]
    Wear your Kevlar jacket. 
    [/quote]

yeah and battle helmet lol

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=25369.msg1626601#msg1626601 date=1274202469]
    yeah and battle helmet lol
    [/quote]

Bring your mean mug, too.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25369.msg1626604#msg1626604 date=1274202590]

Bring your mean mug, too.
    [/quote]

always wearing my mean mug  :lol:  :x

[size=11pt]Police: Aiyana's Dad At Blake Murder Scene[/size]
    Police Unsure If Charles Jones Was A Bystander Or Accomplice, Fieger Reviewed Footage Of Raid

ClickonDetroit.com
    updated 10:49 p.m. PT, Mon., May 17, 2010

DETROIT - What led to 7-year-old Aiyana Jones' death began last Friday, when 17 year old Jerean Blake was gunned down outside an east side liquor store, because the shooter "Didn't like the way he looked at him," Police said.

Police sources tell Local 4 that Aiyana's father may have been involved in Blake's shooting.

The suspect arrested inside the duplex on Lillibridge where Aiyana was shot is described as Aiyana's aunt's fiance.

I have seen this same info on several sites in the comments section, too.  :|

Rest of the article is cached here (since they have changed it - looking for News4's article now):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KaYWpGWZtmcJ:www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37175909/ns/local_news-detroit_mi/+Detroit+police+sources+says+Charles+Jones,+father +of+7+year+old+Aiyana&cd=7&hl=en&ct=cl nk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25369.msg1626558#msg1626558 date=1274200421]
    Chauncy Owens is who they were looking for. He was NOT in the apartment they went into, and they did not have a warrant for the one he was in.
    [/quote]

The guy was at the same address in a different apartment - I personally think the police may have 'rushed' things a little since they were being filmed.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=25369.msg1626621#msg1626621 date=1274203846]

I have seen this same info on several sites in the comments section, too.  :|

Rest of the article is cached here (since they have changed it - looking for News4's article now):

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:KaYWpGWZtmcJ:www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37175909/ns/local_news-detroit_mi/+Detroit+police+sources+says+Charles+Jones,+father +of+7+year+old+Aiyana&cd=7&hl=en&ct=cl nk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

The guy was at the same address in a different apartment - I personally think the police may have 'rushed' things a little since they were being filmed.
    [/quote]

One address (where Aiyana was at) ended in 54, the other, where the suspect was at ended in 56. Both doors are on the same porch. Fieger was saying they didn't have a warrant for the 56 address where the suspect was at.

Google Street view of the home. There are two guys standing across the street. I wonder how long ago this was taken.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=4054+L...ed=0CBMQ8gEwAA

Thread Information