Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Submit a death...

Re: Submit a death...

Went a made a memorial video for Kelsey;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AHkqhhoBcI

and a memorial video for Tracy;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR8_q5mbw5c

I'll be making one for my Aunt Carol once I get another pictures.

Thanks again for making sure the articles will be showing up tomorrow!

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25279.msg1619703#msg1619703 date=1273446978]
    Then it would be expected that she would be happy if it's posted. Most friends and family are pissed that their friend/family is listed here. They did not submit them, thus they are not happy.

Did you have a stroke? 
    [/quote]
    Yea. Nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Adieuu link=topic=25279.msg1619772#msg1619772 date=1273456993]
    Went a made a memorial video for Kelsey;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AHkqhhoBcI

and a memorial video for Tracy;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR8_q5mbw5c

I'll be making one for my Aunt Carol once I get another pictures.

Thanks again for making sure the articles will be showing up tomorrow!
    [/quote]
    You can start a thread in the article section about Tracy and post videos and stuff about her there. Just remember to add this link

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2010/05/10/Tracy_Fisher_(18)_died_from_an_undetected_blood_cl ot_the_day_before_her_19th_birthday

I've sent in maybe 100 myspace or facebook sites here in the last month but i notice that there isn't really a 'order' to how they get posted, if they even show up. Sometimes a famous person will die and their deathspace memorial will show up here the same or next day, so Im curious, is there an order to how things are posted here or is is just random? I run into a ton of RIP sites dedicated to those who've died that didn't have actual myspace or facebook sites and I send those in, sometimes they show up. I asked a mod once about them but I never heard back, i just figured they were too busy as the moment. Now I know i'm not the only one sending them in and you might get a dozen or so people sending the same pages to you but any info someone could give me concerning this issue would be most helpful. If this question has already been answered before, sorry, I did look but couldn't find it, a redirect would be helpful if there is one.
    Thanks for your time,
    Swizzle

Quote Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
    I've sent in maybe 100 myspace or facebook sites here in the last month but i notice that there isn't really a 'order' to how they get posted, if they even show up. Sometimes a famous person will die and their deathspace memorial will show up here the same or next day, so Im curious, is there an order to how things are posted here or is is just random? I run into a ton of RIP sites dedicated to those who've died that didn't have actual myspace or facebook sites and I send those in, sometimes they show up. I asked a mod once about them but I never heard back, i just figured they were too busy as the moment. Now I know i'm not the only one sending them in and you might get a dozen or so people sending the same pages to you but any info someone could give me concerning this issue would be most helpful. If this question has already been answered before, sorry, I did look but couldn't find it, a redirect would be helpful if there is one.
    Thanks for your time,
    Swizzle
    Hi Swizzle

I add some of the deaths so I will try to answer your questions.

We usually try to post 'newsworthy' deaths quickly - these are the ones of famous people or unusual deaths. We usually post these to the MyDeathSpace facebook site at the same time and we try to get them up on the site ASAP.

We really appreciate you sending in all the deaths - I notice your name often in the submission emails. We do get a lot of soldier deaths, auto accidents and shootings. While these are just as valid as the more unusual ones, we try to space them out and post them with the other deaths rather than posting them in blocks.

I try to post at least 4-5 new deaths per day. Sometimes more and sometimes less but that's the average. It takes around 5 minutes to add each death if all the information is there and ready to go.

So we do have all your deaths and they are waiting to be posted, it's just a matter of the time we have to post them!

Hope that answers everything

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Hi Swizzle

I add some of the deaths so I will try to answer your questions.

We usually try to post 'newsworthy' deaths quickly - these are the ones of famous people or unusual deaths. We usually post these to the MyDeathSpace facebook site at the same time and we try to get them up on the site ASAP.

We really appreciate you sending in all the deaths - I notice your name often in the submission emails. We do get a lot of soldier deaths, auto accidents and shootings. While these are just as valid as the more unusual ones, we try to space them out and post them with the other deaths rather than posting them in blocks.

I try to post at least 4-5 new deaths per day. Sometimes more and sometimes less but that's the average. It takes around 5 minutes to add each death if all the information is there and ready to go.

So we do have all your deaths and they are waiting to be posted, it's just a matter of the time we have to post them!

Hope that answers everything
    Hi Olivia
    First let me thank you for getting back to me so quick. It does answer everything but one.
    I run into this problem a lot.
    For example
    http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=4214709

Shes dead and I couldn't find her personal site on either Facebook or Myspace and It didn't come up when I searched MyDeathSpace but I did find this;
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=91905122084

Do you consider these worthy of being brought to your attention? Tribute sites are something I've run into a lot, some I send into you, some i don't. But if you don't think they are something worthy i'll skip them and save you the trouble of reviewing them.

Quote Originally Posted by swizzle View Post
    Hi Olivia
    First let me thank you for getting back to me so quick. It does answer everything but one.
    I run into this problem a lot.
    For example
    http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=4214709

Shes dead and I couldn't find her personal site on either Facebook or Myspace and It didn't come up when I searched MyDeathSpace but I did find this;
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=91905122084

Do you consider these worthy of being brought to your attention? Tribute sites are something I've run into a lot, some I send into you, some i don't. But if you don't think they are something worthy i'll skip them and save you the trouble of reviewing them.
    Tribute sites are fine. As long as they contain some info and aren't blank. Obviously the proper myspace or facebook would be better! Sometimes for deaths that have a totally blank myspace/facebook, I don't add them as they just don't have any info/photos.

For international deaths, as long as we can find at least one article in English, submit them. Occasionally we get a foreign death and no supporting article can be found so I can't add them.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Tribute sites are fine. As long as they contain some info and aren't blank. Obviously the proper myspace or facebook would be better! Sometimes for deaths that have a totally blank myspace/facebook, I don't add them as they just don't have any info/photos.

For international deaths, as long as we can find at least one article in English, submit them. Occasionally we get a foreign death and no supporting article can be found so I can't add them.
    Yeah, i hate running into those blank ones also when i'm searching. I usually don't send them to you if I cannot find a credible link with photos or matching evidence. I could send you a thousand just out of mexico if you really want tribute sites, it seems every narco singer in mexico has one, not to mention the narco bosses, ect.

Thread Information