Thread: Jumar Henry (21) allegedly decapitated his mother, then went to church

Jumar Henry (21) allegedly decapitated his mother, then went to church

Jumar Henry's myspace (not much there): http://www.myspace.com/199414513

Article, from the Florida Times-Union:  http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2...noticed-church

Son arrested in decapitation slaying of Jacksonville woman

By Dan Scanlan

Scratches on his face and blood under his fingernails - that's what members of Jumar D. Henry's church saw Sunday and reported to police.

Little did they know the decapitated body of his mother lie in her home in the 1500 block of West Sixth Street, her head tossed out in a black plastic bag three blocks away.

Police admit they don't know what led up to the gruesome Saturday night death of 43-year-old Jennifer Renee-Henry Ling as her 21-year-old son sits in the Duval County jail charged with murder.

"We don't know at this point. We just don't know," said Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Lt. Larry Schmitt.

As white-suited police evidence technicians combed the tidy one-story home just blocks away from the historic Edward Waters College campus, neighbors wonder what happened too.

One of many watching Monday's forensic investigation from their porches said any time she saw Henry, who lived in the 1000 block of North Liberty Street, he "acted weird." She and others within earshot of the home said they heard nothing Saturday night, but the aftermath horrified Rosetta Mondul, who has lived across the street since 1946.

"It was horrible," Mondul said. "It was terrible. I have never seen anything like this in my life."

Family members found Ling's body inside her home about 1:15 p.m. Sunday and called police. Shortly after that, police received another call about the discovery of a head in a bag a few blocks away in one of the empty grassy lots that rings Dot and Tyler streets.

Ling's boyfriend said he had spoken to her on the telephone about 8:45 p.m. Saturday, and she indicated her son was with her. Witnesses at the site of the decapitated head's discovery said they saw the son walk to the back of a lot about 9:50 p.m. carrying a bag, then return without it a few minutes later.

At 12:15 a.m. Sunday, Henry's father saw his son with injuries to his head but was told he'd been beaten by some men. Police wouldn't say where Henry's injuries came from, his arrest photograph showing an obvious bruise on his forehead.

When Henry went to church Sunday morning, members saw the blood and the head injury and called police. He came to the Sheriff's Office with family members for an interview but didn't want to stay after being told he couldn't leave about 1:15 p.m., Schmitt said.

"Henry attempted to force his way out of the homicide office and it took several officers and detectives to subdue him," Schmitt said.

That escape attempt added three counts of battery on a police officer to Henry's docket, said Schmitt, who wouldn't elaborate on what was used to kill his mother or cut off her head. Whether Ling was dead before her head was removed will be up to the medical examiner to determine, he added.

Ineligible for bail, Henry faced his first court appearance Monday. He has one prior arrest for grand theft and no convictions, police said. Members of Ling's family could not be reached for comment.

dan.scanlan@jacksonville.com, (904) 359-4549
    Thank goodness the members of his church contacted authorities.

RIP Jennifer.
    A nap is only nice when it's a luxury, not a necessity.

Re: Jumar Henry (21) allegedly decapitated his mother, then went to church

Seems like the actions of a crazy person, though. Not cleaning up before going to church isn't your normal post-decapitation-of-your-mother move I'm thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25174.msg1611624#msg1611624 date=1272592370]
    Seems like the actions of a crazy person, though. Not cleaning up before going to church isn't your normal post-decapitation-of-your-mother move I'm thinking.
    [/quote]

but whats with the whole *head in the bag* thing?  does that mean he was attempting to cover it up somewhat?    that would show that he was aware that what he did was wrong. 

anyway... :2huh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=25174.msg1611635#msg1611635 date=1272593100]
    but whats with the whole *head in the bag* thing?   does that mean he was attempting to cover it up somewhat?    that would show that he was aware that what he did was wrong. 

anyway... :2huh:
    [/quote]

I dunno. Leaving the body is kind of a dead giveaway something went wrong.  :lol:

I'm not trying to make excuses for him. It just struck me as odd that he didn't clean himself up.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25174.msg1611640#msg1611640 date=1272593389]
    I dunno. Leaving the body is kind of a dead giveaway something went wrong.  :lol:

I'm not trying to make excuses for him. It just struck me as odd that he didn't clean himself up.
    [/quote]

:lol:

it is weird that he didnt even attempt to clean himself up.  dammit.  now i want to know more. :x
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

The whole cutting someone's head off thing :shudders:

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25174.msg1611650#msg1611650 date=1272593714]
    The whole cutting someone's head off thing :shudders:
    [/quote]

i keep thinking of this...

*going to hell now*

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=25174.msg1611657#msg1611657 date=1272593938]
    i keep thinking of this...

*going to hell now*
    [/quote]

I'll make it so you don't have to go with this statement.

I wish he had my mother. 

Now I'm going to hell.  :2smiley:

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25174.msg1611664#msg1611664 date=1272594127]

I'll make it so you don't have to go with this statement.

I wish he had my mother. 

Now I'm going to hell.  :2smiley:
    [/quote]

oh, jeez.  :-o :lol:

well.  lets go, then. 

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=25174.msg1611689#msg1611689 date=1272595014]
    oh, jeez.  :-o :lol:

well.  lets go, then. 
    [/quote]

Just make sure we stay away from my mother. I know she will be there. She has already killed someone.  :2huh:

deliberate_misuse

This sort of reminds me of the fate of a high school classmate of mine.  Marie-France Desrosiers was decapitated by her crazy ex-fiance only a month after I saw her at our 20th reunion.  :2thescream:

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/11/24/news_pf/Floridian/Betrayed_by_love_and_.shtml

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25174.msg1611702#msg1611702 date=1272595509]

Just make sure we stay away from my mother. I know she will be there. She has already killed someone.  :2huh:
    [/quote]

crap.  maybe there are levels of hell, and she'll be on a lower one. 

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=25174.msg1611780#msg1611780 date=1272602147]
    [/quote]

Thank you. 
    Knowing that she will be MANY levels away is comforting. 

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=25174.msg1611708#msg1611708 date=1272595774]
    This sort of reminds me of the fate of a high school classmate of mine.  Marie-France Desrosiers was decapitated by her crazy ex-fiance only a month after I saw her at our 20th reunion.  :2thescream:

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/11/24/news_pf/Floridian/Betrayed_by_love_and_.shtml
    [/quote]

Did she know he was crazy when she got together with him in the first place?

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=25174.msg1611780#msg1611780 date=1272602147]
    [/quote]

There are lower levels than the one you'll be on?

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25174.msg1611784#msg1611784 date=1272602224]
    Thank you. 
    [/quote]

she is below us, in every sense of the word.  :kiss3:

[quote author=neenerneener link=topic=25174.msg1611786#msg1611786 date=1272602284]
    she is below us, in every sense of the word.  :kiss3:
    [/quote]

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25174.msg1611785#msg1611785 date=1272602254]
    Did she know he was crazy when she got together with him in the first place?

[/quote]

I have no idea.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25174.msg1611784#msg1611784 date=1272602224]
    Thank you. 
    [/quote]

I love the Divine Comedy and Dante's Inferno.  I always feel like perhaps I'm already inhabiting let's say...the sixth level.

Level 6 - The City of Dis

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25174.msg1611702#msg1611702 date=1272595509]

[/quote]

Go here and you can find what level of hell you and your mother will be inhabiting  :lol:  Please feel free to come visit me on floor six of hell where you can find demons with legs hanging out of their mouth and housewares.  Next, level 7.

http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html

Thread Information