Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Home cleaning and laundry tips

Re: Home cleaning and laundry tips

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=25126.msg1732328#msg1732328 date=1286506415]
    I am assuming I should use a soft broom with some water but what cleaning product?

[/quote]
    or

http://www.grabcart.com/product/homegarden/light/gcbeatfishersae011/Sun-Earth-0-00-98673-10045-1-32-oz-Concentrated-Floor-Cleaner

and I'd suggest a microfiber mop, they're amazing. I miss mine!

You can even get different cloths for it so you can use it as a dust mop or a wet mop. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Murphy oil soap is bad for wood floors. They have a finish that is different than a wood deck, so it may be different, but I wouldn't use it. This is based on info I've read online so take it for what it's worth, but to me it's not worth the risk. Especially if you're planning to do it weekly, because I believe the problem is it leaves oily buildup.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=25126.msg1732924#msg1732924 date=1286573026]

or

http://www.grabcart.com/product/homegarden/light/gcbeatfishersae011/Sun-Earth-0-00-98673-10045-1-32-oz-Concentrated-Floor-Cleaner

and I'd suggest a microfiber mop, they're amazing. I miss mine!

You can even get different cloths for it so you can use it as a dust mop or a wet mop. 
    [/quote]

Too much work.   TSP is the way to go.

TSP Cleaner (Trisodium Phosphate) is a heavy duty wood cleaner which works great on logs by suspending oil and grease for more effective cleaning. Economical and easy to mix.

Vern- as resident mud expert (and possible father of my youngest child, considering how dead set she is on making and then rolling in mud every time she's outside) any suggestions for removing said mud from clothing? Someone turned her loose in a WHITE dress with bright colored polka-dots and it got dark mud all over it I don't have any color safe bleach atm, hoping I won't have to go get any.
    Suggestions? :)

Wow, a white dress? I would get it in some hot water and get as much as you can out. I usually go in stuff that I don't care about and 9 times out of 10, the mud still leaves a hint of dingy-ness behind.

You *might* be able to get it out but I dunno. White is unforgiving especially with darker mud.

D'oh. Ah well, at least it was a $5 target dress and not something more pricey. It's in a hot wash now, hoping for the best.

Yeah, if it doesnt come out after you get it out of the hot wash, maybe let it go thru one more time BEFORE you dry it.

My mom uses peroxide on her clothes but that's for blood. Im not sure if peroxide would help with blood tho. After I get her from dialysis, they clamp her arm off so it wont bleed out and they have her clamped for like 30 minutes and as soon as we head out to the car, she is squirting blood from her arm like cazy. She doesn't clot for some reason sometimes. It sucks. I got so tired of cleaning it up that Im all ONLY WEAR BLACK WHEN YOU DO DIALYSIS.

And for some reason, my jeans always come out clean from mud, but never shirts or sweatshirts. I hose my stuff off out in the driveway as soon as I get home and then wash them.

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Let is dry in the direct sun also.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Baking Soda will take out organic stains on whites....as will a potato and some borax.

You ALWAYS let it soak first, then into a hot wash.....

Quote Originally Posted by ApRyL View Post
    Baking Soda will take out organic stains on whites....as will a potato and some borax.

You ALWAYS let it soak first, then into a hot wash.....
    A potato? Please elaborate.

Im guessing you scrub the clothing with the potato with the borax on it.

Bumping this old thread. My brand new carpet is dirty! I vacuum every freaking day with my dyson but I am guessing that it's still dirty because of the dogs even though they don't go on the carpet alot? When Delilah crawls on it, her clothes get grubby. I can't stand it. I am going to buy a carpet steam cleaner today I think - unless anyone has any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Bumping this old thread. My brand new carpet is dirty! I vacuum every freaking day with my dyson but I am guessing that it's still dirty because of the dogs even though they don't go on the carpet alot? When Delilah crawls on it, her clothes get grubby. I can't stand it. I am going to buy a carpet steam cleaner today I think - unless anyone has any other suggestions?
    Can you rent those over there? We have ones that you rent at the market that are cheap and do the trick.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Can you rent those over there? We have ones that you rent at the market that are cheap and do the trick.
    I think you can but they are about $50 a day. I can get a steam carpet cleaner to buy for about $200. I think it might be a good investment?

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Yeah, I was going to suggest renting one. Over here you can rent one from big stores like WalMart.

I think you can but they are about $50 a day. I can get a steam carpet cleaner to buy for about $200. I think it might be a good investment?
    I think that may be best. With the dogs and baby, you'll more than get use from it. Especially when she gets older.

Oooh. Good thread. What's the best way to clean floors? We have almost all hardwood floors (shitty ones, so I don't need a special wood cleaner or anything) and it's tough to clean them. It's like the dirt just gets smeared. I also don't like swiffers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    Oooh. Good thread. What's the best way to clean floors? We have almost all hardwood floors (shitty ones, so I don't need a special wood cleaner or anything) and it's tough to clean them. It's like the dirt just gets smeared. I also don't like swiffers.
    I have wooden floors too and I find that a cleaning product with baking soda works the best on them. And hot hot water.

$200 seems kinda low if you're gonna get one that works well. How thick is your carpet?
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

$200 seems kinda low if you're gonna get one that works well. How thick is your carpet?
    This is the one I am thinking of getting - http://www.harveynorman.com.au/bisse...t-cleaner.html. I found it online for cheaper and they price match.

I had a look online and it gets fairly recent reviews. It's not a thick pile carpet.

Oh ok. So basically it doesn't have to get deep. You just want to get rid of the surface stains. Yeah that one looks good.

Oh ok. So basically it doesn't have to get deep. You just want to get rid of the surface stains. Yeah that one looks good.
    There aren't even any stains yet - and because of the colour of the carpet, I can't really see the dirt. It has a 30 day money back guarantee so I might try it and if it doesn't make a difference, take it back.

Liv - be careful of how much shampoo you use in them. Too much soap residue makes your carpet dirtier a week after you cleaned than when you started.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    I love our steam mop. Most of the time I just use plain water, no need for chemicals and it gets the floor clean fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I love our steam mop. Most of the time I just use plain water, no need for chemicals and it gets the floor clean fast.
    Twinzzzz! Love mine

Thread Information