Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ambien Sex

the color nine

Ambien Sex

Yes, Ambien sex. It sounds like an oxymoron, since Ambien is in the family of sedatives. But Ambien is said to offer more than a night of super sleep. For some, the drug can produce a haze of inhibition, making sex crazier, hotter, and more erotic.

This is a new incarnation of Ambien sex. It’s already widely known that Ambien can act as a memory eraser. People have sought advice after having affairs in Ambien-induced states, waking up to phone calls from women they have no recollection of meeting, let alone sleeping with.

Ambien works in conjunction with a neurotransmitter called Gamma-Aminobuytric acid, a brain chemical that when mixed with the drug reduces the general level of electrical activity in certain areas of the brain associated with sleep. But Ambien, which is classified as a hypnotic drug, works on the same receptors as benzodiazapines. In other words, Ambien shouldn’t be any more sexually exciting than Valium. There are benzodiazapine receptors in the brain, but those are the kinds that are sought out for sedation, not sexual excitement.

"The vast majority of people who use Ambien do not find that it promotes sex, and more often they find that it interferes with sexual interest,” says Dr. David Schab, assistant professor of psychiatry at Columbia University.

The latest and possibly most bizarre twist in the saga of Tiger Woods and his growing coterie of amours involves the prescription sleep aid Ambien.

Rachel Uchitel, a 34-year-old velvet rope holder and head of VIP operations for a rotating number of popular nightclubs, including Griffin, where she met Woods, reportedly told a friend that she and Woods had “crazy Ambien sex.”
    So why would Woods and Uchitel use it as an aphrodisiac, the same way people used Ambien’s sexual-enhancement predecessors, Ecstasy and cocaine?

“Yeah, I feel very relaxed and sensual,” an anonymous woman told MadeMan.com about her experience with Ambien sex. “I suddenly have floaty energy. I am tired, but energetic. It’s almost like I’m in a dreamlike state. I might compare it a little to weed, but nothing that I’ve done really compares, to be honest.”

Devon Dove, founder of ambienoutrage.com, a Web site that says it helps victims of Ambien, says he isn’t surprised Woods and Uchitel may have used it to heat up their sex life.

“Ambien is like LSD or Ecstasy,” Dove says. “You definitely feel a little bit of a buzz. You feel a euphoria when you take it.”

more
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-12-06/is-ambien-sex-hotter/?obref=obinsite

Re: Ambien Sex

I'm terrified of Ambien because of the memory loss thing. The sex sounds good, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

the color nine

I used to take it when I worked nights.  I never had the memory loss or the sex.....I don't think.

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=25107.msg1605783#msg1605783 date=1272152055]
    I used to take it when I worked nights.  I never had the memory loss or the sex.....I don't think.
    [/quote]

I've been told it's the same kind of memory loss as Versed. The thought of that happening while you're able to walk around and nobody is watching you scares me a lot. I could never take it. I'd be too scared to sleep.  :lol:

the color nine

It just knocks me out within ten minutes or so.  If I woke up and the house was clean and husband is smiling then I would be suspicious.

Ahhh!  I admit that I love ambien sex.  Sometimes it's sort of difficult because my mind starts to wander or I see shadows around the room so get distracted, but the *finish* lasts longer and is completely euphoric.

the color nine

[quote author=holly link=topic=25107.msg1605806#msg1605806 date=1272152617]
    Ahhh!  I admit that I love ambien sex.  Sometimes it's sort of difficult because my mind starts to wander or I see shadows around the room so get distracted, but the *finish* lasts longer and is completely euphoric.
    [/quote]

And I have been using it for sleep all this time.  goddammit

I was just prescribed this yesterday. 

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25107.msg1605838#msg1605838 date=1272153626]
    I was just prescribed this yesterday. 
    [/quote]

Handcuff yourself to your bed before you go to sleep.

the color nine

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25107.msg1605844#msg1605844 date=1272153724]
    [/quote]

and don't forget to lube

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=25107.msg1605848#msg1605848 date=1272153798]
    and don't forget to lube
    [/quote]

:lol:  I never had the sleepwalking or sleep driving or any of that craziness.  My mom did - she went to the mall, bought a dress and then went to McD's with no recollection, but that was on AmbienCR (controlled release)... she switched to the regular Ambien and was just fine.

I did have some memory loss but that was always my own stupid fault.  When I purposely tried to stay up on it is when I would do things that I didn't remember - completely harmless things though, like clean :)  or have conversations that I didn't remember.  And my fiance was the only one I ever took it around, so if sex occurred that I didn't completely remember, it wasn't a big deal.  No way would I take it in unknown company though.

the color nine

[quote author=holly link=topic=25107.msg1605856#msg1605856 date=1272154275]
    :lol:  I never had the sleepwalking or sleep driving or any of that craziness.  My mom did - she went to the mall, bought a dress and then went to McD's with no recollection, but that was on AmbienCR (controlled release)... she switched to the regular Ambien and was just fine.

I did have some memory loss but that was always my own stupid fault.  When I purposely tried to stay up on it is when I would do things that I didn't remember - completely harmless things though, like clean :)  or have conversations that I didn't remember.  And my fiance was the only one I ever took it around, so if sex occurred that I didn't completely remember, it wasn't a big deal.  No way would I take it in unknown company though.
    [/quote]

I have never tried the CR.  I think that's the one that people have been experiencing memory loss with.  So sex with the regular ambien is good?

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=25107.msg1605870#msg1605870 date=1272155095]

I have never tried the CR.  I think that's the one that people have been experiencing memory loss with.  So sex with the regular ambien is good?
    [/quote]

Yes.  Although the memories are hazy.

Apparently, I can also bake a killer apple pie whilst taking this and had no recollection of doing so, ate dinner with hubby and did the dishes, too.  :lol:
    Ambien housework was awesome - well as awesome as housework can be.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=25107.msg1605877#msg1605877 date=1272155313]

Apparently, I can also bake a killer apple pie whilst taking this and had no recollection of doing so, ate dinner with hubby and did the dishes, too.  :lol:
    [/quote]

This.  I would take it then clean everything.  Waking up after a nice sleep with everything spotless and hardly any recollection of doing so is pretty awesome.

the color nine

[quote author=nestlequikie link=topic=25107.msg1605877#msg1605877 date=1272155313]

[/quote]

Really?  Just regular Ambien?  I need to rediscover this.  As soon as I showed husband the article he was in counting pills.  :lol:

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25107.msg1605844#msg1605844 date=1272153724]
    [/quote]

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=25107.msg1605848#msg1605848 date=1272153798]
    and don't forget to lube
    [/quote]

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=25107.msg1605892#msg1605892 date=1272155864]
    Really?  Just regular Ambien?  I need to rediscover this.  As soon as I showed husband the article he was in counting pills.  :lol:
    [/quote]

I found it more effective when taken on an empty stomach. 

Ok, yeah I really shouldn't be condoning this.  I just kicked the ambien habit because I was basically addicted.  I'd take it just to get high.  :|  So just be careful!

[quote author=holly link=topic=25107.msg1605905#msg1605905 date=1272156332]
    I found it more effective when taken on an empty stomach.   

Ok, yeah I really shouldn't be condoning this.  I just kicked the ambien habit because I was basically addicted.  I'd take it just to get high.   :|  So just be careful!
    [/quote]

How much were you taking?

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=25107.msg1605907#msg1605907 date=1272156415]

How much were you taking?
    [/quote]

10mg EVERY night.  I was at least smart enough to not up my dose as I saw fit.  Sometimes the high wouldn't be much, so I'd just be bummed, but wouldn't take more.  That's when I discovered that not eating for a good 6 hours before I took it usually did the trick.  :|

[quote author=holly link=topic=25107.msg1605913#msg1605913 date=1272156700]
    10mg EVERY night.  I was at least smart enough to not up my dose as I saw fit.  Sometimes the high wouldn't be much, so I'd just be bummed, but wouldn't take more.  That's when I discovered that not eating for a good 6 hours before I took it usually did the trick.  :|
    [/quote]

That's what I was prescribed. I just took a half last night. I had a weird dream, though. I wish I could remember the entire thing.

I have stories but most people have heard them already.  :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

the color nine

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=25107.msg1606050#msg1606050 date=1272162339]
    [/quote]

Where have you posted these?  Show me the way.

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=25107.msg1606050#msg1606050 date=1272162339]
    [/quote]

[quote author=the color nine link=topic=25107.msg1606053#msg1606053 date=1272162480]
    Where have you posted these?  Show me the way.
    [/quote]

Me, too...or post 'em here!

I guess it's mostly been in Stickam.
    I was on 10-20mg a night back in 2006.
    I used to call people after I'd taken my meds and have no memory of talking to them.
    I'd have sex with hubby and not remember. And it wasn't usually the types of things I'd normally do, either.  :| I'd call him other guys' names during sex.
    In August of 2006, my friend Rose was pregnant and due to pop any time. She called me up about midnight one night after I'd already been in bed and said she thought her water broke. I got dressed and she picked me up. We got to the hospital and I fell getting out of the car (I'm not normally a clumsy person so Rose asked if I was drunk  :lol: ) We went up to L&D and she had all sorts of tests run on her. I was texting babydaddy the whole time and made him call the hospital room to talk to me. We had to stay until morning so they could watch her, of course, and I only remember bits of it. I don't remember her calling. I do remember her getting to my house and coming in. I don't remember walking out to the car. I sort of remember falling when i got out of the car and a group of 3 ER staff starting toward the car to see what was going on. I don't remember getting up to the room or texting BD but I do remember talking to him on the phone a little bit.

Another time, Rose picked me up and we went to see a friend who was the manager at a local rooming house. I had the hiccups (a fairly common side effect from the Ambien) and our friend kept asking if I was drunk or something. I went to talk to one of the guys who lived there and kept asking him for weed.  :lol: Then we went to George Webb's (a SE Wisconsin "greasy spoon" chain) and had coffee and Rose gave me the bacon that came with the breakfast she ordered. I kept saying "I FUCKING LOVE BACON, MAN!"

So, it's like being drunk only without the hangover. I sort of miss it.  :oops:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Thread Information