Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find mydeathspace?

Re: How did you find mydeathspace?

[quote author=rensing33 link=topic=4428.msg182587#msg182587 date=1171185339]
    Long time lurker...first post!

A 16 year old girl from my area was beaten, raped, and left to die in her burning SUV.  I stumbled across her profile on a local networking site called STLPunk.com.  I found it fascinating to see the comments left from her friends after her passing.  I also found it interesting to see the interaction between her, and the boy that eventually murdered her.  I've always loved reading obituaries, but they only provide a glimpse into someone's life...you never get the full picture.  That is until people started putting their lives on public display.  A few months later, I read the story about Anna Svidersky, and the article mentioned her friends posting on her Myspace page.  So I checked it out...and needless to say, I got hooked.  From that point on, everytime I read a story about someone between the ages of 15-30 passing away...I searched their name on Myspace, just in case. 

This method, however, proved to be very tedious.  I wondered if someone had taken the time to catalog all of the deaths, to make for easier viewing...so I Googled "Dead Myspacers" and here we are.  I've been addicted ever since.  I'm a daily viewer since August, and an official "Lurker" since October when I signed up.  Please feel free to bash me on my Noob-ness, spelling, or anything else for that matter.  I look forward to it as a step toward becoming an actual part of the group, instead of an outsider looking in.

john
    [/quote]

welcome to the forum, you seem cool! :-D

I first found MDS last Fall via some links from ehowa.com.  The description was something like, "Check out these babes.  Too bad they're dead."  Then I found this topic and I was hooked:
    http://mydeathspace.com/smf/index.php?topic=3026.0

It was the pregnant girlfriend, Lisa, murdered by her boyfriend, Shane, who later killed himself.  The thread used to have a lot more dirt but it appears to have been heavily edited (read censored).  Lisa and her siblings were very close and very protective of each other.  One or more of them lashed out at MDS.  As upset as they were at the tragic loss of their sister, I think they also were angry that they were unable to protect her.  I recently found this memorial photo slide show that her sister created.  RIP Lisa:
    http://apps.rockyou.com/rockyou.swf?...amp;ver=102906

Anyway, after that, I was hooked.  One quote from that thread is interesting:

[quote author=Morbid Curiousity link=topic=3026.msg109318#msg109318 date=1163612740]

[quote author=itsallovernow link=topic=3026.msg108570#msg108570 date=1163539305]
    Well apparently this little chicky was talking alot of shit to her man, so he blew his last fuse and decided to pump some lead into her face. Bitchy girls and mentally fucked up boyfriends are a bad combo. 
    [/quote]

Consider yourself warned. Do not make disparaging comments like this about the deceased. This board is about to go through a more stringent moderation in the deaths section. Prepare yourselves.
    [/quote]

Unfortunately, it appears that there are more and more disparaging comments about the deceased as of late along with many off-topic tangents.

My avatar? My daughter drew a picture of me.

[quote author=knavekid link=topic=4428.msg183808#msg183808 date=1171254558]
    I first found MDS last Fall via some links from ehowa.com.  The description was something like, "Check out these babes.  Too bad they're dead."  Then I found this topic and I was hooked:

It was the pregnant girlfriend, Lisa, murdered by her boyfriend, Shane, who later killed himself.  The thread used to have a lot more dirt but it appears to have been heavily edited (read censored).  Lisa and her siblings were very close and very protective of each other.  One or more of them lashed out at MDS.  As upset as they were at the tragic loss of their sister, I think they also were angry that they were unable to protect her.  I recently found this memorial photo slide show that her sister created.  RIP Lisa:

Anyway, after that, I was hooked.  One quote from that thread is interesting:

Consider yourself warned. Do not make disparaging comments like this about the deceased. This board is about to go through a more stringent moderation in the deaths section. Prepare yourselves.

Unfortunately, it appears that there are more and more disparaging comments about the deceased as of late along with many off-topic tangents.

[/quote]
    I agree!

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=4428.msg182120#msg182120 date=1171135307]
    Only if we're huffing "dust off" and driving.     while doing that.
    [/quote]
    the crackhead smiley rules!!!!!!

<br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

There was a whole page article in either The Tampa Tribune or St.Petersburg Times. It was talking about whether or not MDS is an appropriate site for teens to have access to. And if it could influence young minds into believing suicide can make them a type of &quot;dead celeb&quot;. It was also calling Mydeathspace.com a site for Myspace users to live on after their deaths. :rockon:
    Bwahahahaha !!!

there was some thing on the-n.com
    [quote author=eliot.eliot]God, this is why i love you..You&#039;re witty..almost too witty...[/quote][quote author=eliot.eliot]I&#039;m putty in your hands.[/quote]

this guy that i know told me that i would like this website called MyDeathSpace.com and i was like um is that a virus haha i dunno im stupid.

so i have been on here since like in December but i only looked at the actual articles i just like last week came into the actual forum.

:lol:

Fark.com&nbsp;
    Can't remember her name, a swinger (overweight, lots of freckles, her friends got tattoos of her...), was linked in a thread there.&nbsp; Been addicted since.

[quote author=greydog link=topic=4428.msg186299#msg186299 date=1171384625]
    Fark.com&nbsp;
    Can't remember her name, a swinger (overweight, lots of freckles, her friends got tattoos of her...), was linked in a thread there.&nbsp; Been addicted since.
    [/quote]

Lori Shick. Schick?
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

I was doing a google search on forums to discuss death.

A friend recommended the site to help me with dreams I have.&nbsp;

[quote author=1sunsetlover link=topic=4428.msg190695#msg190695 date=1171601035]
    [/quote]

Has it helped?

[/quote]

i am just dying to ask........
    what kind of dreams are you having??

<br />&quot;If you aren&#039;t going to use the head on your shoulders, I will remove it by any means necessary .&quot; <br />

[quote author=s0ggysh0es link=topic=4428.msg190983#msg190983 date=1171641828]
    Has it helped?
    [/quote]
    Not really, I try to stay out of most of the recent deaths.

[/quote]

i just made a thread about my weird dreams, come and tell us yours!!

mine usually (if i remember them, which is seldom) are like the tarrantino movie vault.
    serial killers, vampires, etc........

and i know that i am not pregnant!!!

It found me... on FARK.COM

I was called forth by the MDS gods, and they asked me to join so I did.
    Boring game.

[quote author=knavekid link=topic=4428.msg183808#msg183808 date=1171254558]
    I first found MDS last Fall via some links from ehowa.com.&nbsp; The description was something like, &quot;Check out these babes.&nbsp; Too bad they're dead.&quot;&nbsp; Then I found this topic and I was hooked:

It was the pregnant girlfriend, Lisa, murdered by her boyfriend, Shane, who later killed himself.&nbsp; The thread used to have a lot more dirt but it appears to have been heavily edited (read censored).&nbsp; Lisa and her siblings were very close and very protective of each other.&nbsp; One or more of them lashed out at MDS.&nbsp; As upset as they were at the tragic loss of their sister, I think they also were angry that they were unable to protect her.&nbsp; I recently found this memorial photo slide show that her sister created.&nbsp; RIP Lisa:

Anyway, after that, I was hooked.&nbsp; One quote from that thread is interesting:

[/quote]

Lisa is the reason I found this site also, she was a friend of my brothers. I think her death brought a lot of people to MDS but most of them are probably lurkers. And the first thread I read in here was hers, and I saw the comment that you quoted and it royally pissed me off. Girlfriends can get bitchy, thats what we are here for, but NO ONE deserves to get shot in the face with a shotgun, especially a pregnant girl. Plus I don't think it was even that, I think it was pre-meditated. I know his family was upset because they portrayed him to be mentally unstable but I really think he was. Why he chose to take Lisa with him is incomprehensible to me. Also, I dont know if it was in the papers at all but he left her there for 6 hours afterwards...went to a party, proceeded to do coke and have sex with some girl he hardly knew. Im pretty sure if you can do that after you've just killed your pregnant girlfriend, you are definitely mentally unstable.

I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between.
    ― Sylvia Plath

Heard about it on local news morning type show. Checked it out, been lurking until recently. Thought all was lost when the big outage happened :(

[quote author=only1lf link=topic=4428.msg191651#msg191651 date=1171670376]
    Heard about it on local news morning type show. Checked it out, been lurking until recently. Thought all was lost when the big outage happened :(
    [/quote]

We had 2 support groups on MySpace, it was rough.&nbsp;

I heard about it from a friend and didn't believe it...I found it and got hooked.&nbsp; I lurked for a good 3 months before I signed up!

it seems like it was forever ago.. i think i was linked through another board
    and i think mds is trying to ruin my beef eatinz with that peta or petaish video i keep getting directed to
    is that a baldwin i hear?

I was having a debate with my fiance over whether Matt Sato, a person who auditioned for American Idol and cried a lot, was gay.&nbsp; I found his myspace page, in which he claims to be straight, but he had an &quot;RIP Joe Boss&quot; reference in his profile, and I found Joe Boss's myspace page.&nbsp; I was intrigued and wanted to find information about how/why re: Joe Boss, and I found the forum discussion on him here.&nbsp; I then spent a good week reading through the articles on here--particularly reading the first one or two comments on various individuals' myspace pages after their deaths.

I found it on the alternative news site www.plime.com.

And as to dreams, I dreamt about being a pal bearer last night. Hmmmmmm. :2huh:
    [quote author=Lexa]<br />MY FAV EVER NOOB!!!<br />[/quote][quote author=snipsnip]<br />I think it&#039;s illegal in 16 states to make me laugh as frequently as you do. :lol:<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=daybreaksdisdain]<br />You da Man[/quote]

Liberal.

Thread Information