Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find mydeathspace?

I found MDS due to the Morgan story. I found the story from WS, and started reading the blawg. Then I started to find it fishy and suddenly the thread disappeared from WS. I did a google search to see if the thread was some how hidden, and came across MDS that way. I signed up shortly after reading the first few pages of the thread and poking around here and there! I'm glad I found you guys!

Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside. - Mark Twain

I found MDS after I began googling the Morgan Ingram story. I had found WS, too, but didn't like that forum much. Plus, this was the only active and grownupish conversation on Morgan that I could find. (grumble grumble @ Mike for closing the thread!)

But to be honest, I'm really surprised I had not found this site earlier. I have always been drawn to death stories. I think that they are important. I like it here.

I too entered due to the Morgan story. I'm a member (as marshmallow or minimarsh) at several crime/trial sites so finding this one wasn't a far stretch. I came for the Morgan stories, I'll stay for the others.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Yay, hanging out in the missing thread made me finally remember how I got here. Prior to discovering MDS i/net at our place was for kid use only - I read true crime & forensic journals, while they fought over the laptop. The only time I used it was to help them search stuff. & that's what lead me here. One of my kids was starting to like "Deadliest Catch" & while searching stuff on the programme, we ended up in the MDS missing thread because of a link on Jake Anderson's dad.

The kids had to go play on the xbox instead that day, because they didn't get the laptop back. This caused quite a drama of course & I very quickly discovered mds mobile. Since that discovery I'm reading mds threads as frequently as I once read books. Which is a lot. It only took me a few days to discover the Morgan thread. That was the one that got me posting, I might've lurked for years if I hadn't seen the similarities to certain of my own family members in that thread.

So here I am & here I hope to stay. I wish I'd found mds on it's very first day, because I would've not only saved a fortune on books, but I'd have a hell of a lot more space in my house - which is overflowing with books on weird, obscure topics that will surely lead to raised eyebrows, if for any reason, a police officer ever enters my home. I could almost explain it away when I was at uni, but that was a long time ago, so the research excuse doesn't carry much weight these days. Oh well..

I found this site years ago. Can't remember the circumstances that brought me here, but I want to say it had something to do with Darwin Awards and either a balloon or a crocodile. I'm leaning towards balloon. Anyway, I registered way back in the day as distracted (totally original, I know) and lurked a long time. I was a lurker through the start of the Jodi saga and then life kinda took over for a bit. Now I'm back, and hope to stay a while as a participant, not just a lurker.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Yay, hanging out in the missing thread made me finally remember how I got here. Prior to discovering MDS i/net at our place was for kid use only - I read true crime & forensic journals, while they fought over the laptop. The only time I used it was to help them search stuff. & that's what lead me here. One of my kids was starting to like "Deadliest Catch" & while searching stuff on the programme, we ended up in the MDS missing thread because of a link on Jake Anderson's dad.

The kids had to go play on the xbox instead that day, because they didn't get the laptop back. This caused quite a drama of course & I very quickly discovered mds mobile. Since that discovery I'm reading mds threads as frequently as I once read books. Which is a lot. It only took me a few days to discover the Morgan thread. That was the one that got me posting, I might've lurked for years if I hadn't seen the similarities to certain of my own family members in that thread.

So here I am & here I hope to stay. I wish I'd found mds on it's very first day, because I would've not only saved a fortune on books, but I'd have a hell of a lot more space in my house - which is overflowing with books on weird, obscure topics that will surely lead to raised eyebrows, if for any reason, a police officer ever enters my home. I could almost explain it away when I was at uni, but that was a long time ago, so the research excuse doesn't carry much weight these days. Oh well..
    I'm so sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I found MDS somehow when I was reading about that guy who kidnapped & killed that girl in front of a Target in Kansas I believe..I want to say her name was Kelsey? The Linda/Tess Damm thread I think was going on then too. Been lurking since & just recently registered...used the Jodi traffic to slip in lol

Umm.... google I think, but I can't remember who I was googling.

Now I'm stuck and trapped in the web of MDS!!

I was reading up on Cray Cray Jodi and it led me here. I wish I knew about this place years ago. I am fascinated with trials. Have been since O.J. so this site is a gold mine to me! Thanks Mike for creating such a cool forum.

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    I found MDS somehow when I was reading about that guy who kidnapped & killed that girl in front of a Target in Kansas I believe..I want to say her name was Kelsey? The Linda/Tess Damm thread I think was going on then too. Been lurking since & just recently registered...used the Jodi traffic to slip in lol
    Kelsey Smith? http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007...our_days_prior

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Yep that's it. Damn I've been lurking since 07. I'm a creep.

i don't remember what brought me here, but i remember the first two deaths i was obsessed over...

one was about this redheaded girl who died after giving birth to a baby in her bathroom. her boyfriend was some creepy goth dude who was outside the bathroom the whole time. i remember he caught a lot of flack for being there and not doing anything and he was very vocal about his position on the internet.

the other one was akiko yamaguchi - but then she wasn't real.

yeah, i was actually here a long ass time ago but didn't post frequently and it was under a different screen name.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I think it was this one. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicole_duFresne
    I looked her up on MySpace after she was shot. Her fiance (or boyfriend) was an actor and was milking it for the 15 minutes. I kept up with the case, and somehow it led me to MyDeathSpace.com.

This was a long time ago, so I can't give you details. I do remember lurking when Barbara was posting. The way everyone here has turned into a bunch of crybabies, her posts would send people into hysterics if she put them up now.

I don't remember what brought me here; but I know MDS was in the old format at the time. The one where you could comment right below the article... anonymously! I remember BMW and her comments. Ron is totally right! The old days were harsh!

The early deaths that stick out in my mind are the girl who died while texting that started the OMG Kaitlyn thing, the couple who died in a giant helium balloon, and Josh Ballard - the kid who posted his suicide note in a Myspace bulletin.

I remember on OLD MDS - there was an article on a girl in CA who got in a car accident because she was just going way too fast. I think in a BMW, and she got tore the fuck up. And there were some fantastic pictures of her parts.

I also miss MDS being black and red.

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I remember on OLD MDS - there was an article on a girl in CA who got in a car accident because she was just going way too fast. I think in a BMW, and she got tore the fuck up. And there were some fantastic pictures of her parts.

I also miss MDS being black and red.
    Nikki Catsouras?

I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by easily_distracted View Post
    Nikki Catsouras?
    Yes.

I found MDS when I Googled the Morgan Ingram story as I wanted to read what other people thought about this beyond her mother's blog. Interestingly, now that I'm registered at MDS, I can no longer access the Morgan Ingram thread. Same thing at WS. Not sure what that's all about but at least there's a lot of interesting threads at MDS to explore!

Quote Originally Posted by TessD View Post
    I found MDS when I Googled the Morgan Ingram story as I wanted to read what other people thought about this beyond her mother's blog. Interestingly, now that I'm registered at MDS, I can no longer access the Morgan Ingram thread. Same thing at WS. Not sure what that's all about but at least there's a lot of interesting threads at MDS to explore!
    the morgan thread was closed very recently. welcome to MDS! who needs the ingrams anyway!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Now featuring creatures. Creature Feature's Avatar
    I was just wondering about this yesterday. Then I found an old myspace page of mine that answered the question.

Brandon Vedas.

I dont even think he is on here. He was some dude that took a bunch of pills and drugs on cam, in a chat room. People watched as he progressively stopped functioning, laid down, and stopped moving. Dude accidentally OD'd while a chatroom full of people egged him on, tried to keep him conscious on the phone, tried to call poison control and the police, tried to figure out where he was, and eventually got scared and bailed out of the chatroom. Kid took enough drugs to take down three people and everyone in the room knew it except him.

"Told you I was hardcore" - Brandon Vedas.

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    the morgan thread was closed very recently. welcome to MDS! who needs the ingrams anyway!
    Yeah, the Morgan drama is a sad situation but you're right ..who needs them? Thanks for the welcome, animosity!

I think the Morgan thread was actually opened back up.

Welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Who was the girl that her boyfriend commited suicide and wrote a super long letter saying it was her fault? She actually was posting here in the thread arguing with people. I think it was Nicole something. Anyone?

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

Thread Information