Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find mydeathspace?

Re: How did you find mydeathspace?

I mentioned to one of my bestfriends how weird it is to come across someones page and find out they've died and you can see the last time they signed in or what mood they were in by their mood icons and so forth or the last comment they recieved before they died and how weird that was but interesting at the same time.

That's when she said have you heard about mydeathspace.com..smh..been hooked every since!
    I am like the Tin Man, I wish I had a heart.

[quote author=SameDifference link=topic=4428.msg574444#msg574444 date=1192648417]
    I mentioned to one of my bestfriends how weird it is to come across someones page and find out they've died and you can see the last time they signed in or what mood they were in by their mood icons and so forth or the last comment they recieved before they died and how weird that was but interesting at the same time.

That's when she said have you heard about mydeathspace.com..smh..been hooked every since!
    [/quote]

Completely off-topic here, but I don't feel like the only oxymoron anymore.

I found a link to the site on the new find a death board....  I have been completely addicted since!  It has honestly been the least productive past few weeks of work ever, and SO worth it! 

I Dunno HOW I Found You People... But Try And Make Me Leave.... The Puerto Rican Crack Whore Will Be Very Pissed  :2kiss:
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia

hmmm, i was reading FHM, sometimes they have cool stories, i swear, and they had a list of cool websites. This was on there, i lurked for like a week then joined. Yay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

When I was searching my friend Kelly's death this is a link that showed up.

I was on CNN.com and found an article about mydeathspace, the site. One day I took a look at the messageboards and saw some really great posts and some cool people. I recently upgraded to a premium membership, and I look forward to being a good contributor here.

Jay Leno joked about the site in his monologue, and that's how I find it. Months went by, and I came back because I thought a local teen died and was hoping to find his page on here.

I decided to join the forum because I want to get my affairs in order. If I die soon, I want the people here to know who I was and not write me off as just another victim.

[quote author=Zeeboe link=topic=4428.msg601019#msg601019 date=1194522595]
    Jay Leno joked about the site in his monologue, and that's how I find it. Months went by, and I came back because I thought a local teen died and was hoping to find his page on here.

I decided to join the forum because I want to get my affairs in order. If I die soon, I want the people here to know who I was and not write me off as just another victim.[/quote]

#1 Why do you think you may die soon and why do you think you'd be looked at as "just another victim"?

#2 Link your MySpace
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Anyone of us could die at any second. We could choke on our food, be walking and get hit by a car, be inside a car and die in a car wreck, have a nutjob break into our homes and kill us, we could be walking and a dog could jump on us and kill us, there could be drugs or poison in the food we eat, we could be riding in an airplane and the plane could crash, or some whackjobs could take over the plane and land it into a building, or we might drink too much alcohol one night and die from alcohol poisoning, we could be standing on a wet floor and touch something electrical and get electrocuted, we could slip on something and crack  our heads on something and die, or maybe we'll be standing too close to a river and fall into it and drown.  You...the one who is reading this right now could be dead before you reach the end of this message...maybe  because it scares you so much that it gives you a heart attack.

The list goes on and on. Accidents happen everyday, and people die everyday. People who are alive right now will be dead tomorrow. Any one of us could be those people. One minute, you're posting a message on this forum, or renting a movie from Blockbuster, or eating some french fries from Wendy's...and the next, something bad happens...and you die. Some people on here seem a little too obsessed with reading about other people dying, as if they are immortal. These people who die are just like us. One second they're alive, the next second, they are gone...forever and ever and ever. No coming back. No sequels. No remakes. Over and out. No one ever thinks something really bad is ever going to happen to them or their family members, but it does. We're all at risks, every single day and no one is truly safe.

If my number is called, I just want the people here to know that I am human too, just like them and came on this site too and read about the deaths, just like them. And that death should be taken a little more seriously, and that no one on here should enjoy this site as much as they do, because every last one of us who is reading this right now will be dead one day. And you can believe what you wanna believe, but no one knows for sure what happens after death...if anything does even happen.

...Oh, and here is my myspace. :)

http://www.myspace.com/planetgilson

[quote author=Zeeboe link=topic=4428.msg601468#msg601468 date=1194545274]
    Anyone of us could die at any second. We could choke on our food, get hit by a car, die in a car wreck, have a nutjob break into our homes and kill us, we could be walking and a dog could jump on us and kill us. There could be drugs or poison in the food we eat, you could be riding in an airplane and the plane could crash, or some whackjobs could take over the plane and land it into a building, or you might drink alcohol so much one night and die from alcohol poisoning, we could be standing on a wet floor and touch something electrical and get electrocuted, we could slip on something and fall into some water and drown. You...the one who is reading this right now could be dead before you reach the end of this message because it scares you so much that it gives you a heart attack.

The list goes on and on. Accidents happen everyday, and people die everyday. People who are alive right now will be dead tomorrow. One minute, you're posting a message on this forum, or renting a movie from Blockbuster, or eatting some french fries from Wendy's...and the next, something bad happens and you die.

Some people on here seem a little too obsessed with reading about other people dying, as if they are immortal. These people who die are just like us. One second they're alive, the next second, they are gone...forever and ever and ever.

And if my number is called, I just want the people here to know that I am human too, just like them and came on this site too and read about the deaths, just like them. And that death should be taken a little more seriously, and that no one on here should enjoy this site as much as they do, because every last one of us who is reading this right now will be dead one day.

And you can believe what you wanna believe, but no one knows for sure what happens after death...if anything does happen.

...Oh, and here is my myspace. :)

http://www.myspace.com/planetgilson
    [/quote]

I think some of us here have had NDEs and it takes away that feeling of immortality.

What's NDEs?

EDIT: Near-Death Experiences....so have I. All that does is make me fear death all the more. Doesn't give me any comfort, and I can't believe it actually does make some people sweat less. I figured it would make your heart beat even faster.

[quote author=Zeeboe link=topic=4428.msg601491#msg601491 date=1194545722]
    What's NDEs?

EDIT: Near-Death Experiences....so have I. All that does is make me fear death all the more. Doesn't give me any comfort, and I can't believe it actually does make some people sweat less. I figured it would make your heart beat even faster.
    [/quote]

Aside from being hit by a train, I have had two NDEs. The worst of the two was watching myself bleed to death.

I remember the whole thing vividly, including the faces of those around me.
    For all basic purposes, things got pretty peaceful, and that feeling in itself helps with the fear of my final moments to come.

I was always fascinated with death. As a kid (9 or 10 I think) I remember being excited everyday to get the newspapers when my uncle brought it home so I can see the orbits. I clearly recall one day my father walking into my room and finding some articles and orbits. The man gave me a look like WTF? and tore them all up haha..priceless. Funny to me but then again if it was my kid I'd have the same look too but because it's me I'd probably say "oh she's just like her mom..what else you got?" I guess it's the glimpses into people's lives and wanting to know more of the person.
    Anyway I found this site a long time ago by reading about a local death and wanting more info on the person. Typed the name in and up came MDS. I was a lurker until I decided to finally join. There weren't that many people on here at the time when I lurked though.

I found it mentioned in i-D magazine a few months back. I've spent a lot of time here since.

An old cracker from the south told me about it.
    Send me dead flowers to my wedding, and I won't forget to put roses on your grave.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=PissedBlackJewishGuy link=topic=4428.msg615282#msg615282 date=1195271558]
    [/quote]

:lol:  You'll fit right in here.  Welcome!

why thank you. 
    Send me dead flowers to my wedding, and I won't forget to put roses on your grave.

[quote author=PissedBlackJewishGuy link=topic=4428.msg615282#msg615282 date=1195271558]
    [/quote]

Me too! TWINZZ! 

[/quote]I'd watch it if I were you.Mortis doesn't like to be called old! :lol:

[quote author=hlw1214 link=topic=4428.msg615754#msg615754 date=1195316410]
    I'd watch it if I were you.Mortis doesn't like to be called old! :lol:
    [/quote]

Maybe Mortis and Pissedblackjewishguy will get into a fight.  That might be interesting to watch :lol:

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=4428.msg615770#msg615770 date=1195317262]
    Maybe Mortis and Pissedblackjewishguy will get into a fight.  That might be interesting to watch :lol:
    [/quote]kinda like the 2 Neals?  Man, I miss that.

[quote author=leapfreak link=topic=4428.msg615770#msg615770 date=1195317262]
    [/quote]Now that I would like to see!

I was checking some facts about an article on the death of a Minot airman, the story turned out to be bogus, claimed he died after the incident with the nukes, he had died before, but I ran across this site, had never heard of it before, a very sobering site, but something that is needed , I'll never look at "myspace "the same again I'm almost 50, it's sad to see all the youth that have been murdered, overdosed, comitted suicide, even though I don't personally know anyone listed, I do see some familiar names, megan the girl who killed herself over myspace bullying, even though I had read the story, it wasn't until I saw her myspace page (even though it was set to private) that it suddenly seemed all too real
    the minot airman I had been looking into had just bought a new car, and liked this girl, but didn't know if he should tell her, a girl had left a message, "come back I loved you and should have told you" I wondered if it was her or not

you cannot leave here the same person as when you arrived

[quote author=slimstvr link=topic=4428.msg622170#msg622170 date=1195734599]
    I was checking some facts about an article on the death of a Minot airman, the story turned out to be bogus, claimed he died after the incident with the nukes, he had died before, but I ran across this site, had never heard of it before, a very sobering site, but something that is needed , I'll never look at "myspace "the same again I'm almost 50, it's sad to see all the youth that have been murdered, overdosed, comitted suicide, even though I don't personally know anyone listed, I do see some familiar names, megan the girl who killed herself over myspace bullying, even though I had read the story, it wasn't until I saw her myspace page (even though it was set to private) that it suddenly seemed all too real
    the minot airman I had been looking into had just bought a new car, and liked this girl, but didn't know if he should tell her, a girl had left a message, "come back I loved you and should have told you" I wondered if it was her or not

you cannot leave here the same person as when you arrived
    [/quote]

Welcome to MDS slimstvr.  I think being able to read through someone's myspace after they have died sometimes makes the death seem more real.  You feel like you get a peek into who they were, especially if their myspace hasn't been touched since they last logged on.

Thread Information