Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you find mydeathspace?

Re: How did you find mydeathspace?

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=4428.msg1646207#msg1646207 date=1276416718]

:2wave:

Since I have been here, I have submitted friends and family. I submitted a cousin and my family was trying to cover up the COD. I felt it was important to tell the truth.
    [/quote]

Sorry to hear of a cover up. I think lying about how a person dies does them a disservice. Dying is one of the most important thing we do in our lives. It is important to tell the truth about how it happens. Plus, most deaths are a lesson to others.

[quote author=Nancy Drew link=topic=4428.msg1646208#msg1646208 date=1276416858]
    Wow, I was being nosy :oops: but thank you for answering. I'm so sorry.
    :2eyesbleed:
    [/quote]

Well, as I said before, it's important that people know. That girl was someone's daughter. It makes me sad that not even the mother has the details of how she died. It must be hell not knowing what her final moments were like, or if she died alone. I feel like people need to know what happened--there was never any news article about how crazy that night got; they just glossed over the horse trampling and the police and the barriers being charged through in favor for the fact that it was the biggest ever.

I'm sorry, this is completely off topic. But thanks for the kindness :)

[quote author=verysad2see link=topic=4428.msg1646209#msg1646209 date=1276416942]
    Sorry to hear of a cover up. I think lying about how a person dies does them a disservice. Dying is one of the most important thing we do in our lives. It is important to tell the truth about how it happens. Plus, most deaths are a lesson to others.
    [/quote]

This is mainly why I did it.

RIP Elizabeth Matamoros; you died two years ago today, and though I only knew you for the last few hours of your life, I will always wonder about you and mourn your death

[quote author=verysad2see link=topic=4428.msg1655834#msg1655834 date=1277483968]
    RIP Elizabeth Matamoros; you died two years ago today, and though I only knew you for the last few hours of your life, I will always wonder about you and mourn your death
    [/quote]

Where is her thread?

Considering you were a rescuer I think it would be appropriate for you to contact the sister as it would be because you tried to save her life, not as a forum member. She might have no idea what happened.

[quote author=PCP777 link=topic=4428.msg1656079#msg1656079 date=1277501924]
    Where is her thread?

Considering you were a rescuer I think it would be appropriate for you to contact the sister as it would be because you tried to save her life, not as a forum member. She might have no idea what happened.
    [/quote]

Hi! There was never a thread for her because I was never 100% sure things went down as I researched that they did, and because this happened a few years before I knew about MDS. I left an heartfelt message on their guest book, detailing how and where they could reach me, but it was the day the guestbook expired (they expire after a year.) One day when I have enough money I will buy that girl's memorial book and it will be permanent.

I found this place a few days after watching a wreck on hwy 169 here in Tulsa, This dude on a motorcycle hit the trailer door of a diesel and his head went through the door, I was looking up news articles about it and found this site, I had lurked until last year, then i signed up and forgot about my account and lurked for another year (Dont do drugs kids) and then realized i had an account again
    <br />It&#39;s always funny until someone gets hurt, And then it&#39;s fucking hilarious

[quote author=NapalmDave))) link=topic=4428.msg1659418#msg1659418 date=1277989888]
    I found this place a few days after watching a wreck on hwy 169 here in Tulsa, This dude on a motorcycle hit the trailer door of a diesel and his head went through the door.
    [/quote]That was gruesome.

[quote author=ICDEDPPL link=topic=4428.msg1659426#msg1659426 date=1277991148]
    That was gruesome.
    [/quote]Do you by chance know the link to that on here, i cant find it now, And didnt they have pics of it, when we drove by we were going 75 so we didnt get to see it to well
    <br />It&#39;s always funny until someone gets hurt, And then it&#39;s fucking hilarious

[quote author=NapalmDave))) link=topic=4428.msg1659437#msg1659437 date=1277992193]
    Do you by chance know the link to that on here, i cant find it now, And didnt they have pics of it, when we drove by we were going 75 so we didnt get to see it to well
    [/quote]Is it this guy? I don't know his name to look up if he had a thread here.
    http://rockfordriders.com/modules.php?name=Content&amp;pa=showpage&amp;pid=3

Yes, that is hwy169 about 8 miles from my apartment

[quote author=NapalmDave))) link=topic=4428.msg1659445#msg1659445 date=1277992887]
    Yes, that is hwy169 about 8 miles from my apartment
    [/quote]

Wow! That must have been traumatic to watch! His feet dragged for a 4th of a mile! Wow, I'm in shock.

Rockford riders says he lived. Snoops says they have the wrong version, and that he was dead. http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/tulsacrash.asp

[quote author=verysad2see link=topic=4428.msg1659513#msg1659513 date=1278001499]
    Wow! That must have been traumatic to watch! His feet dragged for a 4th of a mile! Wow, I'm in shock.

Rockford riders says he lived. Snoops says they have the wrong version, and that he was dead. http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/tulsacrash.asp

[/quote]

Oh yes. That dude is deader than a doornail.

I remember those pics. They were so creepy!

Yea theres no way that guy lived. His face is implanted into a truck

i remember how i found mydeathspace!

somehow i stumbled across some memorial-type youtube videos various kids made for their dead teenage friends, one of whom was :

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2007/10/23/Katelyn_Persten_%2816%29_died_from_an_alleged_drug _overdose

anyway, the comments for her memorial video were ~scandalous~ and i googled her accordingly; MDS was at the top of the search results...

...and when i found the forums, well, i just knew i was home.&nbsp;

i literally searched dead people myspace, a long time ago. I don't even remember what I was thinking. Ever since I just came back and lurked out of curiosity.

I was searching for an news article about a friend who had passed, and this is one of the links that came up when I typed in her name.

I think Ive stated before that I found this place by checking into an employee that lied to me by saying that her gramma died in a car accident to get out of work. I googled car accidents in my area to confirm, found nothing about dead gramma but found MDS instead. I love it here. Its home.

How I got here was that I was looking up some more information about a death I'd read a bit about, like one online article. I think then I saw MDS and was a bit confused about its point/purpose/lalalala, so I definitely wouldn't consider joining. I then started noticing it whenever I'd look up a death-related article. I was still kind of confused and wouldn't have considered joining.

Then my morbid curiosity outgrew my other curiosities. I looked a bit more at the weird world of MDS. I lurked for a few months. I grew to wonder whether I was one of the people who would find a home on MDS and considered joining.

I don't know what my mindset was when I finally joined, but here I am!

For anyone who is interested, I think the incubation period to the onset was less than a year. I love it here!

Welcome Aeternum Vale.

I knew about this site back in ..oh, 2007ish. My friend at work sent me the link in an IM followed by "OMG. Look how fucked up some people are! Talking about peoples deaths and myspace accounts!!" (Or something like that.)

Here I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternum Vale View Post
    How I got here was that I was looking up some more information about a death I'd read a bit about, like one online article. I think then I saw MDS and was a bit confused about its point/purpose/lalalala, so I definitely wouldn't consider joining. I then started noticing it whenever I'd look up a death-related article. I was still kind of confused and wouldn't have considered joining.

Then my morbid curiosity outgrew my other curiosities. I looked a bit more at the weird world of MDS. I lurked for a few months. I grew to wonder whether I was one of the people who would find a home on MDS and considered joining.

I don't know what my mindset was when I finally joined, but here I am!

For anyone who is interested, I think the incubation period to the onset was less than a year. I love it here!
    Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I knew about this site back in ..oh, 2007ish. My friend at work sent me the link in an IM followed by "OMG. Look how fucked up some people are! Talking about peoples deaths and myspace accounts!!" (Or something like that.)

Here I am.

Yeah, we used to be way better assholes than we are now. lol

And welcome!

someone on my friends list on livejournal pointed me here. they were not amused. i got sucked in. i wish i had found you guys in the lj days...

also no better assholes, just less compassionate. i think it was easier to be a dick back then. it didn't feel so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

I found MDS because of the comments on Toni Ingram's blog, trashing you guys. I was appalled, at first. But thankfully I switched sides after you all helped me to see that she is a lying liar who lies. Then I hung around because, well, you all are funny. :)

Thread Information