Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Kayla Gerdes (18) was high on drugs when she plowed down an elderly woman

Re: Kayla Gerdes (18) was high on drugs when she plowed down an elderly woman

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25078.msg1602529#msg1602529 date=1271875821]
    I find it annoying when they throw that 'unlicensed' bit into stories like it's a big deal, too. While it is illegal, it doesn't mean they've never drive a car before and rarely has anything to do with the actual accident. 
    [/quote]

I think usually people with no license know how to drive, they have just done something to have the license taken away.  Indicative of a pattern of destructive behavior that can, as in this case, end tragically for the victim.  Kayla?  Meh, she can rot in jail for all I care.  

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25078.msg1602535#msg1602535 date=1271876231]
    That's possible, too. I just don't feel like the fact she's unlicensed had anything to do with it. At the time of her first accident before she got it taken away she was probably a licensed driver.
    [/quote]

No, her being unlicensed didn't have anything to do with the accident.  I totally agree.  It is just indicative of bad choices on her part I think.

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=25078.msg1602539#msg1602539 date=1271876353]
    No, her being unlicensed didn't have anything to do with the accident.  I totally agree.  It is just indicative of bad choices on her part I think.
    [/quote]

Right and it will be another charge they can add on. It just always seems like they toss that in like OMG SHE HAD NO LICENSE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25078.msg1602546#msg1602546 date=1271876589]
    Right and it will be another charge they can add on. It just always seems like they toss that in like OMG SHE HAD NO LICENSE!!!
    [/quote]

Yeah, like that charge will trump the others!  :lol:

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=25078.msg1602549#msg1602549 date=1271876677]
    Yeah, like that charge will trump the others!   :lol:
    [/quote]

They all add up. They have to throw in as many as they can because some always get dropped. Plus that one, I think, will keep her from getting her license back for longer.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=25078.msg1602525#msg1602525 date=1271875688]
    It could. It could mean you let your license expire. One day you're a fine and dandy driver, but suddenly the next day you're a menace? :lol:

Just saying there are a lot of people that have licenses that can't fucking drive.
    [/quote]

i agree it could. thats why i used that word.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25078.msg1602551#msg1602551 date=1271876766]
    They all add up. They have to throw in as many as they can because some always get dropped. Plus that one, I think, will keep her from getting her license back for longer.
    [/quote]

And the insurance premium she will pay!  Oi Vey!!!

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=25078.msg1602614#msg1602614 date=1271879804]
    And the insurance premium she will pay!  Oi Vey!!!
    [/quote]

Big punishment.

Although, my daughter lost her license for so long that by the time she could drive again her premiums were higher because she had NO driving record and not because she had a bad driving record.

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

[quote author=bigomet link=topic=25078.msg1602449#msg1602449 date=1271871607]
    They couldn't even find the record of the court appearance before they taped that segment.  Something's telling me that she'll definitely have a lot more court appearances in her immediate future [said in a David Caruso, CSI voice].
    [/quote]

don't forget to put your shades on! that's a key element!

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25078.msg1602517#msg1602517 date=1271875312]

I think she should give some thought to exercising her right to remain silent. 

[/quote]

i think she wouldn't stfu due to her being terrified of what happens next and being remorseful for what happened.
    One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Thankfully, she won't have anywhere to be for a looooooong time.  

My last add as a Mod    I am goin out with a huge WT trash BANG!

what a dumb little busted ass bitch.

i can't wait for her friends to find this thread and be all, 'shut up, everyone makes mistakes! kayla is a GOOD PERSON!'

[quote author=windowface link=topic=25078.msg1603222#msg1603222 date=1271902896]
    what a dumb little busted ass bitch.

i can't wait for her friends to find this thread and be all, 'shut up, everyone makes mistakes! kayla is a GOOD PERSON!'
    [/quote]

She might actually be a good person... somewhere... under all the drugs... I am not saying she shouldn't be punished, because obviously you cannot get stoned and run down people.

[quote author=IvannaTrailer link=topic=25078.msg1603224#msg1603224 date=1271903062]
    She might actually be a good person... somewhere... under all the drugs... I am not saying she shouldn't be punished, because obviously you cannot get stoned and run down people.
    [/quote]

good point! i meant to say they'll come in defending her, saying she's a good person who's allowed to make mistakes.

i can believe she might be a good person under all the addiction, but i'd find it laughable if anyone tries defending her actions.

Geez, I saw her nauseating "it was only prescription pills" bullshit on Fox 5.  Ya killed a retired doctor, bitch!  Own up.

More and another "different"  picture of Kayla!

[size=11pt]Runaway NY van driver was high on Oxycontin, police say[/size]
    Posted by Kim LaCapria on Wednesday, April 21, 2010 at 9:01 pm.

One of the biggest stories in the New York Metro area last night was the death of a Hempstead woman, killed by a runaway van while she was gardening in her front yard.

Aerial shots of tire tracks in the grass and a van crashed through the brick facade of the house circulated on the evening news, and 69-year-old retired doctor Rebecca Twine-Wright did not survive the accident. The driver of the vehicle, Kayla Gerdes, became emotional both at the scene and during her arraignment today, where prosecutors allege that Gerdes crashed the vehicle, killing Twine-Wright, because she was high on Oxycontin and Xanax.

Gerdes says she was traveling at a high rate of speed after taking the wheel from her employer because she was late for a court date. Police say Gerdes, who is unlicensed, could not have caused the extent of damage that occurred if she were not driving well above the speed limit. [glow=yellow,2,300]Gothamist reports that the teenager was facing “facing grand larceny charges for stealing jewelry from her mother to sell for drugs” [/glow]and that they dug this quote up from her Facebook wall before it was deleted:

“i can’t be having this conversation on her drama-ridden page. this girl got a chance to be rehabilitated. she’s ruining my uncles life with her bullshit. i’m not TECHNICALLY related to her, but she’s my uncles girlfriends daughter… She’s not a wonderful person. As I buried my grandpa, all she could talk about was leaving rehab to be with some guy… stupid stupid girl. She got arrested 3 times this month already. You’d think you’d get the picture, eventually.”

Kayla Gerdes was charged with DWI, vehicular manslaughter and driving without a license. Twine-Wright’s son Chauncey Wright says that if Gerdes is truly remorseful, she should plead guilty and ask for the maximum sentence allowable.
    http://us.hadnews.com/runaway-ny-van-driver-was-high-on-oxycontin-police-say.htm

Ugh.  Xanax and Oxycontin such a lovely combo for driving.  I'd also say the rehab Kayla's attorney mentions is really not working too well.
    I hope that when the world comes to an end, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because there will be so much to look forward to. - Donnie Darko

[quote author=merdeath link=topic=25078.msg1603214#msg1603214 date=1271902218]
    My last add as a Mod    I am goin out with a huge WT trash BANG!
    [/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOO  :2angry:

I love you Mer 

Was the bitch still stoned when she made this statement below or is she just that slow?

She had an interesting open FB page yesterday morning....her profile picture was of her giving the finger layin' on a couch, classy chick.    Lots of strangers posted on it, her friends saying "But you don't KNOW HERRRRRRRR!"  lol..........the page was gone by yesterday afternoon.

http://wcbstv.com/local/kayla.gerdes.teen.2.1650435.html

A teenager charged with crashing a van into a house, killing a woman gardening, told police she didn't feel so bad after learning the victim's age.

According to court documents obtained by CBS Radio's 1010WINS, Kayla Gerdes was quoted in a written statement to police saying: "The thing that made me not feel so bad was she was old," she said. "I mean, 70 years is a long time to live."

Then, on a completely separate note, she told police: "I want to see a newspaper or the news to see what I look like."

Does she have an attorney yet? If she does I imagine him looking like this every time she opens her mouth.

lmao!

What a moron, she ought to know better.  I'm on painkillers for chronic pain, but you wont catch me behind the wheel of a car.  Druggie dumb bitch needs to pay for being a murderer.  :x
    xox
    Play em' off keyboard cat.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=25078.msg1602532#msg1602532 date=1271875944]
    Thank you! Exactly what I was saying. And I quoted someone who was saying it like it was part of the problem.
    [/quote]

They include that bit of information in these stories because it is one of the reasons this person should not have been driving in the first place. It might not be the reason the incident occurred, but it is relevant to the story. Often times there's a reason the driver is unlicensed. This being an 18-year-old, I doubt her license simply expired one day and she just never renewed it. Chances are she's either never had a license or she made very poor decisions resulting in the loss of her license, both scenarios providing the likelihood of her not knowing what the hell she's doing being the wheel of an automobile.

[quote author=rip. link=topic=25078.msg1604347#msg1604347 date=1272004893]
    They include that bit of information in these stories because it is one of the reasons this person should not have been driving in the first place. It might not be the reason the incident occurred, but it is relevant to the story. Often times there's a reason the driver is unlicensed. This being an 18-year-old, I doubt her license simply expired one day and she just never renewed it. Chances are she's either never had a license or she made very poor decisions resulting in the loss of her license, both scenarios providing the likelihood of her not knowing what the hell she's doing being the wheel of an automobile.
    [/quote]

Agreed. Getting (and keeping) a drivers license is a pretty simple thing. She's 18 - it didn't just expire. They are good for 5 or 6 years.
    born to be down

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=rip. link=topic=25078.msg1604347#msg1604347 date=1272004893]
    [/quote]
    Even if she still didn't have one I don't see it being relevant. Tons of accidents like this happen with licensed drivers. Having a suspended license is a lot worse than not having one at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Yesterday on the radio, I heard she told investigators that she really wasn't as bunged up as she acted.  After finding out the woman she ran down was elderly, she was more relieved.  I. hate. her. Officially.

Thread Information