Thread: Donation bucket for 2-year-old with cancer stolen from restaurant

Donation bucket for 2-year-old with cancer stolen from restaurant

My dad just called and told me about this.  How low can you go?

http://www.wqad.com/news/wqad-kewane...,3847279.story

KEWANEE, Ill. - "It's as low as you can go."

That was the reaction from Station House Restaurant server Mandy Currier, after she found out donations meant for a sick Kewanee boy ended up in the hands of a thief Sunday.

"Everybody was just furious at the fact that somebody had done something so sickening. Everybody was just upset about it."

A surveillance camera at the restaurant caught the act on tape. A man approaches the front desk and asks the employee for a to-go menu, then slips a bright orange donation bucket under his jacket.

Moments later he walks out the door and into the night.

"As soon as they showed me the video, I had tears in my eyes just knowing that somebody would do that. It just broke my heart," said Currier.

2 weeks ago, 2-year-old Silas Dolieslager was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia or "A.L.L.", a cancer of the white blood cells that normally fight infections.

"He's been going through numerous blood transfusions, platelet transfusions, chemotherapy, spinal taps, a 24 hour central line for medications."

2 days after the theft, police arrested Lequan Imeen and charged him in the case. The restaurant's owner Bill Coffey called police Tuesday after he saw the alleged suspect walking down the street and recognized him from the video.

"I recognized him by the clothes and the jacket he had. He had a red shirt on and gold chains so immediately I called 9-1-1."

Currier and her friends started S.O.S which stands for "Support Our Silas." They say theyjust happy a suspect has been caught.

"I'm glad that the guy was caught, definitely. All my friends that are helping raise the money for Silas were just completely ecstatic when we found out the guy was caught."

If you'd like to make a donation to the S.O.S fund for Silas, donations can be made at The National Bank of Morrison, c/o Angela Reamer for the Silas Benefit .

The group is also holding a bake sale at People's National Bank, Friday May 21st at 9 a.m.

Re: Donation bucket for 2-year-old with cancer stolen from restaurant

I hope this turns out to be the best thing ever for little Silas and he gets tons of donations because of it. It's a really heartless thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25009.msg1596427#msg1596427 date=1271307795]
    I hope this turns out to be the best thing ever for little Silas and he gets tons of donations because of it. It's a really heartless thing to do.
    [/quote]
    That's what I'm hoping for, the more publicity the better. 

I just fucking hate it when people do shit like this.

What if it was THEIR kid that they were depending on that money for? They'd be fucking livid if someone stole that money from THEM.

Fucking hateful people.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

A bit more info, and a grainy photo from the video footage -

Kewanee police arrested Lequan R. Imeen, 50, of 213&nbsp; S. Main St., after he allegedly stole a donation can from the counter of the Station House restaurant, 300 W. Third St., Sunday.

http://www.starcourier.com/news/police_and_fire
    born to be down

You have to be pretty down and out to do something like that eh?

I am secretly hoping that this old man somehow wanted to be caught and bring attention to this child's story and it was all some masterfully crafted plot to aid the child in getting better.

But that's very unrealistic.&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=Solara23 link=topic=25009.msg1596550#msg1596550 date=1271319376]
    A bit more info, and a grainy photo from the video footage -

Kewanee police arrested Lequan R. Imeen, 50, of 213&nbsp; S. Main St., after he allegedly stole a donation can from the counter of the Station House restaurant, 300 W. Third St., Sunday.

http://www.starcourier.com/news/police_and_fire
    [/quote]

[quote author=AlexaC link=topic=25009.msg1599351#msg1599351 date=1271569034]

I am secretly hoping that this old man somehow wanted to be caught and bring attention to this child's story and it was all some masterfully crafted plot to aid the child in getting better.

[/quote]

*ahem*
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=AlexaC link=topic=25009.msg1599351#msg1599351 date=1271569034]

[/quote]
    Dude had gold chains, things couldn't have been too bad. :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

He wasn't as down-and-out as the two year old with cancer. Do you have any idea how hard it is for two year olds to get work in this country? They aren't hiring more e*trade babies.

Thread Information