Thread: Child bride dies of internal bleeding after wedding night intercourse

Child bride dies of internal bleeding after wedding night intercourse

[size=12pt]Yemeni child bride dies of internal bleeding[/size]
    (CNN) -- A 12-year-old Yemeni bride died of internal bleeding following intercourse three days after she was married off to an older man, the United Nations Children's Fund said.

The girl was married to a man at least twice her age, said Sigrid Kaag, UNICEF regional director for the Middle East and North Africa.

Her death is "a painful reminder of the risks girls face when they are married too soon," Kaag said Thursday.

Amal Basha, chairwoman of the Sisters Arab Forum for Human Rights, a Yemeni human rights group, identified the girl Friday as Elham Mahdi.

"Elham was married on March 29th and died three days later" and lived in Yemen's Hajjah province, Basha said.

Frustrated by the recent revelation, a Yemeni government official called the case "a stark reminder that the practice of underage marriage must come to an end."

"The government has been working tirelessly to cement the minimum marriage age but conservative parliamentarians have stood against it," said the official, who is not authorized to speak to the media. "Members of the conservative block need to step up to the responsibility of protecting the rights and freedoms of the young. NGOs must continue campaigning to shed the light on this unfortunate practice."

In September, a 12-year-old Yemeni girl forced into marriage died during childbirth. Her baby also died, according to the Seyaj Organization for the Protection of Children.

Fawziya Ammodi was in labor for three days before she died of severe bleeding, said Ahmed al-Qureshi, president of the organization.

"Although the cause of her death was lack of medical care, the real case was the lack of education in Yemen and the fact that child marriages keep happening," al-Qureshi said.

Child brides are common in Yemen, where the United Nations estimates that one in three girls are married before age 18. Most are married off to older men with more than one wife, according to a study by Sanaa University.

For the girl's parents, marriage means the daughters are no longer a financial or moral burden. Most times, parents get a promise from the husband to wait until the girl is older to consummate the marriage.

"Early marriage places girls at increased risk of dropping out of school, being exposed to violence, abuse and exploitation, and even losing their lives from pregnancy, childbirth and other complications," UNICEF said.

The issue of Yemeni child brides made headlines in 2008 when 10-year-old Nujood Ali was pulled out of school and married. Her husband beat and raped her within weeks of the ceremony.

To escape, Nujood hailed a taxi -- the first time in her life -- to get to the central courthouse where she sat on a bench and demanded to see a judge.

After a well-publicized trial, she was granted a divorce.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

Re: Child bride dies of internal bleeding after wedding night intercourse

Some cultural practices are stupid, archaic, and downright fucking disgusting.  Thanks to all those conservative Yemeni who continue to support this practice.  Oh, and fuck you. ... with something long...  and sharp.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

[quote author=kevansvault link=topic=24954.msg1592153#msg1592153 date=1270926316]
    Some cultural practices are stupid, archaic, and downright fucking disgusting.  Thanks to all those conservative Yemeni who continue to support this practice.  Oh, and fuck you. ... with something long...  and sharp.
    [/quote]

This story is just insane to me. Am I too conditioned by the American way of thinking that molesting a child is wrong?
    Obviously other cultures find it acceptable.
    This whole situation makes me sick, if this poor girl was born somewhere else she would still be alive.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=24954.msg1592158#msg1592158 date=1270926516]
    This story is just insane to me. Am I too conditioned by the American way of thinking that molesting a child is wrong?
    Obviously other cultures find it acceptable.
    This whole situation makes me sick, if this poor girl was born somewhere else she would still be alive.
    [/quote]

No, HockeyGirl...you're what most of the rest of us are...free thinkers.  The ones who are able to make up our own minds about what is right and wrong.  The ones who understand the whole "good versus bad" thing.  The ones with a conscience.  Unfortunately, not everyone can be that way...and people suffer.  Especially the children.  And that is just all kinds of inexcusable.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

A child is a child is a child, is a fucking child.

This is disgusting.
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

deliberate_misuse

Men will fuck anything.

This kind of shit always gives me the sads. So I must leave this thread until Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=kevansvault link=topic=24954.msg1592153#msg1592153 date=1270926316]
    Some cultural practices are stupid, archaic, and downright fucking disgusting.&nbsp; Thanks to all those conservative Yemeni who continue to support this practice.&nbsp; Oh, and fuck you. ... with something long...&nbsp; and sharp.
    [/quote]
    But Conservatives don't want things to change, and Liberals are evil, right?
    I mean, at least that's America.

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=24954.msg1592236#msg1592236 date=1270931822]
    Men will fuck anything.
    [/quote]
    :hitwitrock:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Yemen is in the arabian pennensula, right off the coast of north africa. Most child brides are sold into marragie by thier fathers or caretakers.

To us, its fucking sick, to them, its part of everyday life. About like us eating beef is to Hindus.

Sad, sick, and fucking dispicable, but to those over there, this isint even news

[quote author=criminallyinsanejake link=topic=24954.msg1592838#msg1592838 date=1271007404]
    Yemen is in the arabian pennensula, right off the coast of north africa. Most child brides are sold into marragie by thier fathers or caretakers.

To us, its fucking sick, to them, its part of everyday life. About like us eating beef is to Hindus.

Sad, sick, and fucking dispicable, but to those over there, this isint even news
    [/quote]

Thanks for the geography lesson&nbsp; :lol:

how is it that small children, like infants can sometimes survive when they are brutally raped? Is it just because they were able to get to the hospital on time, unlike this poor little girl, and stop the bleeding?

[quote author=yellowCake1 link=topic=24954.msg1593728#msg1593728 date=1271063159]
    Thanks for the geography lesson&nbsp; :lol:

how is it that small children, like infants can sometimes survive when they are brutally raped? Is it just because they were able to get to the hospital on time, unlike this poor little girl, and stop the bleeding?
    [/quote]
    The childbirth killed her, not the actual rape. The article title is misleading.

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=24954.msg1592236#msg1592236 date=1270931822]
    Men will fuck anything.
    [/quote]

So not true.

I have never, nor will I ever, have any sexual desire toward a child.&nbsp; That's a really unfair generalization.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

[quote author=Nomad link=topic=24954.msg1593780#msg1593780 date=1271082389]
    So not true.

I have never, nor will I ever, have any sexual desire toward a child.&nbsp; That's a really unfair generalization.
    [/quote]
    Yep.

deliberate_misuse

So not true.

[/quote]

It's just my standard response whenever I read an article like this.&nbsp; Sorry if I offended you.

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=24954.msg1593778#msg1593778 date=1271082175]
    The childbirth killed her, not the actual rape. The article title is misleading.
    [/quote]

There are two girls in the article. One is Elham Mahdi who is the girl who died from internal bleeding after the rape. The article then goes on to mention another twelve-year old, Fawziya Ammodi, who died during child birth. I had to read it twice because I was confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

[quote author=trailerparktrash link=topic=24954.msg1593787#msg1593787 date=1271082961]
    There are two girls in the article. One is Elham Mahdi who is the girl who died from internal bleeding after the rape. The article then goes on to mention another twelve-year old, Fawziya Ammodi, who died during child birth. I had to read it twice because I was confused.
    [/quote]
    haha. Seriously. What the fuck? Comprehension fail.
    Thanks TPT. Yous so smart. Must be the spectacles.

So not true.
    I have never, nor will I ever, have any sexual desire toward a child. &nbsp;That's a really unfair generalization.
    [/quote]
    Yeah thanks! &nbsp;Who was it about a week ago who did the same thing in another thread? Generalize men? It was in the 15 year old who sold her 7 year old sister to get raped thread. That shit irritated me too.

I swear the next thread about a female teacher who fucks a underage student, I'm leaving similar comments. See how women react to that

[quote author=trailerparktrash link=topic=24954.msg1593787#msg1593787 date=1271082961]
    [/quote]

Thanks tpt, I knew i wasn't that confused. Although i had to read it like 3 times as well

Thread Information