Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 11 Year old Nadia Bloom Found After Four Days

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.

11 Year old Nadia Bloom Found After Four Days

One of my oldest friends is knows this family and posted this on her fb page.  I pray she is found very soon.

http://www.wesh.com/news/23107897/detail.html

11-Year-Old Girl Missing From Winter Springs
    Girl Last Seen Riding Bike In Barrington Estates Area
    POSTED: 7:56 pm EDT April 9, 2010
    UPDATED: 1:17 pm EDT April 10, 2010
    Email  Print
    Comments (10)WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. --
    Members of the Winter Springs Police Department are searching for a missing 11-year-old girl.

Police Chief Kevin Brunelle said Nadia Morgan Bloom was last seen riding her bike in the Barrington Estates area Friday afternoon.

The girl's mother told police that Nadia went out to ride her bike in their subdivision at about 3:30 p.m. An hour later, the mother said she frantically called Winter Springs police when she discovered her daughter's abandoned bike.

Brunelle said officers conducted a grid search of a wooded area at the end of Wrentham Court Friday night. Officers said they found the girl's bike upright and in good condition, with the kick stand down. The girl was not seen.

Watch The Video | Images
    Police said they believe Nadia got off her bike, wandered into the woods and became disoriented.

Summer Fields said she's worried about her friend.

"It's dark in the woods, and I'm afraid she's not going to be found," she said.

Police put out a nationwide alert for the girl and an emergency response team was combing the woods using a heat sensor and night-vision goggles. The sheriff's office said it is using the same technology from the sky in its helicopter.

"All the kids play in the woods," said family friend Melanie Livingstone. "We were just hoping the dogs would go in and bring her out. It's getting late."

Family members said the girl has autism and requires medication that she does not have with her.

Nadia is described as a white female, about 5 feet tall and weighing 85 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing an orange T-shirt and blue shorts and carrying a black backpack with a horse on it.

The property owner is helping crews navigate through the thick brush, mud and water on ATVs. At the edge of the woods, Nadia's mother was waiting and worrying, along with the girl's friend.

"Come home, because everyone's wondering if you're OK," Fields said.

There has been no sign of foul play, police said.

"She got off the bike and possibly walked into the woods," Brunelle said. "As thick as it is, it'd be very easy to get lost. We don't have any reason to suspect anything else."

Anyone with information should contact the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Tip Line at 866-282-0672, the Winter Springs Police Department at 407-327-1000 or 911.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Re: 11 Year old Nadia Bloom Missing from Winter Springs

Hope they find this little girl soon. 

Link to news story (with photo gallery): http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/seminole_news/040910search-underway-for-missing-11-yr-old-girl

Other related news articles from April 10 2010:

Search resumes for missing Winter Springs girl, 11
    By Anika Myers Palm, Orlando Sentinel
    12:44 p.m. EDT, April 10, 2010

Nadia Bloom, 11, has been missing since Friday, April 9, 2010. (Winter Springs Police / April 10, 2010)

Winter Springs law enforcement is resuming the search for an 11-year-old girl who went missing Friday afternoon.

The search for Nadia Bloom has expanded to an area about 2 or 3 square miles around a wooded area in her Barrington Estates neighborhood – and authorities are now considering other possible reasons for her disappearance, said Winter Springs police Chief Kevin Brunelle.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement child abduction is now part of the search effort, but their presence doesn't mean authorities think Nadia was abducted, Brunelle said.

"We have nothing that tells us this girl has been kidnapped, it's just something we have to do," he explained.

The search team includes dozens of law enforcement personnel as well as volunteers.

Nadia went missing about 3:15 p.m. Friday, leaving behind her bicycle, with her helmet on its handlebars.

She is described as 5 feet tall and 85 pounds with shoulder-length brown hair. She was wearing an orange shirt and blue shorts with Crocs or flip-flops.

Please contact Florida Department of Law Enforcement Tip Line at 1-866-282-0672 with any information on the location of Nadia Bloom

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/seminole/os-search-winter-springs-girl-20100410,0,7776977.story

Mildly autistic 11-year-old Florida girl missing
    Saturday, April 10, 2010

WINTER SPRINGS -- Divers have begun searching a pond in a Seminole County neighborhood as part of a massive search for a missing 11-year-old girl.

Nadia Bloom's family said they found her bicycle near the woods in the gated Barrington Estates subdivision Friday afternoon.

Search efforts went until 2 a.m. Saturday, resuming again at daylight later in the morning.

Meanwhile, police have begun getting out the word out about Nadia's disappearance.

Nadia was last seen wearing an orange shirt with blue shorts. She was possibly carrying a black horse backpack.

Authorities have sent an e-mail with Nadia's picture to thousands of neighbors, as well as distributed paper fliers around the community.

Police said they did not suspect foul play, and believe Nadia is still somewhere in the woods, but wanted everyone to know what she looks like in case she's somewhere else.

Winter Springs police chief Kevin Brunelle said Nadia's family found her bike Friday afternoon with the "kickstand up, helmet hanging on the handle bars. No indication of any struggle."

Police said they are concentrating their efforts on a 5 to 10-acre section of the Black Hammock Woods, a dense marshy area where they said it is tough to see more than a few feet ahead at times.

"We have divers in the ponds, seeing if they can find anything," Brunelle said. "We have to eliminate it. We don't know anything, but we have to eliminate it as a possibility."

As many as 150 officers and trained volunteers searched on ATVs and airboats, mindful of signs warning them to beware of alligators.

"It just pulls on my heart strings, because I have three kids, and I know she's scared," said Danny Ibison, with Florida-3 Airboat Search and Rescue.

"We've learned some stuff about Nadia that we are very happy to hear," Brunelle said. "She's an 11-year-old young lady, and she don't like to get dirty. So we don't believe she's going into, circumvent that mud -- and let me tell you: There's a lot of mud out there."

As the search entered its second day, the Florida Department of Lawn Enforcement deployed its Child Abduction Response Team, and police paid a visit to all sex offenders in the area.

Investigators say that even though there was no evidence to support that Nadia was abducted, the problem is that there's no evidence at all of what happened to her.

"Right now there are no leads," Brunelle. "We have one thing: A child that's missing."

Police distributed missing posters with Nadia's photo at area businesses, hoping that if she comes out of the woods -- where rescuers aren't -- she will be met by a friendly face.

"Hopefully she'll find her way, or find someone who will guide her back to her family," said Tabitha Miller, a Winter Springs resident. "Pray for strength for her family."

The police chief said the parents have been holding up rather well. They have their pastor and family with them, and have cooperated fully with the investigation.

Missing Girl Description

Nadia Bloom
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Brown
    Height: 5′ 0″
    Weight: 85 lbs

How you can help:

If you have any information on where Nadia Bloom may be, call the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Tip Line at (866) 282-0672.

Police said they wanted to keep the search to only trained volunteers at this time, to keep the effort at a manageable level.

Authorities said there were problems Friday night with unidentified searchers who threw off their own teams as they were using their infrared cameras.

However, if their efforts expand beyond the wooded area where Nadia parked her bike, they want help to be readily available.

For more on how you can help, call Winter Springs police at (407) 327-1000.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2010/4/10/605691.html?title=Mildly%20autistic%2011-year-old%20Florida%20girl%20missing&cid=rss

Still missing.

Up-date:

Criminal Investigation Launched In Missing Girl Case
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 12:02:44 AM
    Reported by Amanda Evans and Dave D’Marko

WINTER SPRINGS -- Investigators have now launched a criminal investigation in the search for a missing 11-year-old girl.

Nadia Bloom was last seen Friday afternoon in her Winter Springs neighborhood of Barrington Estates.

Right now, police say they do not have any evidence of foul play, but they have started the criminal investigation in case something suspicious turns up.

Saturday night, more than 100 people gathered to pray for Nadia's safe return at Oviedo's Lawton Elementary.

The vigil came together in just a few hours as people spread the word on Facebook.

It was mainly organized to help Nadia's young classmates who are having a hard time dealing with her disappearance.

Investigators used smaller groups to go out and search smaller areas Saturday.  They narrowed down that area into 5 or 6 even smaller sections with 4 or 5 people, each with their own search dog.   

They searched well past dark Saturday night, covering 3,000 acres. They plan to be out again Sunday morning.

The dogs led officers around all Saturday morning, but so far nothing has panned out.

"We haven't located any information to include nothing from Nadia's personal belongings or anything like that. It's very discouraging to me anytime that we go and go and every hour that passes we’re not finding anything, anything at all,” said Chief Kevin Brunelle, Winter Springs Police Department.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/10/divers_search_for_missing_girl_11.html?refresh=1

I wonder who killed her and what kind of sex offending history he has.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d11-Nadia-Bloom-Casey-Anthonys-parents-George-and-Cindy-visit-family-of-missing-Florida-girl

Nadia Bloom: Casey Anthony’s parents, George and Cindy, visit family of missing Florida girl

George and Cindy Anthony, the parents of accused murderer Casey Anthony, visited Nadia Bloom’s home to offer support to the missing girl’s family.

Hal Boedeker with the Orlando Sentinel reports that local news outlets paid more attention to the missing girl’s case after George and Cindy showed up at the Bloom family home Friday evening.

Cindy told the media “We saw that she was missing. I said ‘Oh, my gosh, this is right around the corner.’ I said ‘We need to go.’”

Nadia went missing Friday afternoon, with her bicycle being found just outside Barrington Estates, the gated community in Winter Springs where she and her family live.

George said “We’re just here to offer her family some support—a hug… To let them know we understand, we understand what these first few hours, first few minutes can be.”

Casey Anthony is charged with the first degree murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony, who went missing in the summer of 2008. Her remains were found in Dec. 2008 in a wooded area near the Anthony family home. Casey is scheduled to be tried for the crime in May 2011.

Police continue to search for Nadia in a 3,000 acre wooded area near her home.

Nadia is described as being about 5-feet tall and weighing 85 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. She is also mildly autistic. She was last seen wearing an orange shirt with blue shorts. She may also have been carrying a black horse backpack.

If you have any information on where Nadia Bloom may be, call the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Tip Line at 1-866-282-0672.

You're like a hurricane to me: your violence is beautiful, your centre, so sweet.

Nadia Bloom: Casey Anthony’s parents, George and Cindy, visit family of missing Florida girl

George and Cindy Anthony, the parents of accused murderer Casey Anthony, visited Nadia Bloom’s home to offer support to the missing girl’s family.

Hal Boedeker with the Orlando Sentinel reports that local news outlets paid more attention to the missing girl’s case after George and Cindy showed up at the Bloom family home Friday evening.

Cindy told the media “We saw that she was missing. I said ‘Oh, my gosh, this is right around the corner.’ I said ‘We need to go get our faces back in the news.’”

Nadia went missing Friday afternoon, with her bicycle being found just outside Barrington Estates, the gated community in Winter Springs where she and her family live.

George said “We’re just here to offer her family some support—a hug… To let them know we understand, we understand what these first few hours, first few minutes can be.”

Casey Anthony is charged with the first degree murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony, who went missing in the summer of 2008. Her remains were found in Dec. 2008 in a wooded area near the Anthony family home. Casey is scheduled to be tried for the crime in May 2011.

Police continue to search for Nadia in a 3,000 acre wooded area near her home.

Nadia is described as being about 5-feet tall and weighing 85 pounds, with brown hair and eyes. She is also mildly autistic. She was last seen wearing an orange shirt with blue shorts. She may also have been carrying a black horse backpack.

If you have any information on where Nadia Bloom may be, call the Florida Department of Law Enforcement Tip Line at 1-866-282-0672.
      :roll:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

Ugh, oh lord.

I hope they find her.  :|
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

[quote author=leyash link=topic=24952.msg1593323#msg1593323 date=1271041247]
    Ugh, oh lord.

I hope they find her.&nbsp; :|
    [/quote]

There always has to be hope after stories like Colleen Stan, Elizabeth Smart, and Jayce Dugard. I think it's already been too long, though.

[quote author=GothaBella link=topic=24952.msg1593561#msg1593561 date=1271050109]

There always has to be hope after stories like Colleen Stan, Elizabeth Smart, and Jayce Dugard. I think it's already been too long, though.
    [/quote]

Yeah, there's always hope... meh, I just don't feel good about this one for some reason. It sounds like she might have been lured away from her bike, or something.

But, I guess it IS always possible that she went to play in the woods, and just got lost... ugh, can you imagine how she feels right now? Starving to death, scared as shit... :/ I'm hoping for that, though - better than the other outcome. :/
    [quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=16707.msg1596454#msg1596454 date=1271309270]<br />You fart dust?&nbsp; :2huh:<br />[/quote]

Police: Book With Missing Girl Involved Aspiring Explorer

Posted: 6:23 am EDT April 12, 2010Updated: 11:45 am EDT April 12, 2010
    WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. -- Once daylight broke, search teams began a third full day of searching for a missing 11-year old autistic girl in Winter Springs.

PRESS BRIEFING: Police Chief Updates Search

Police told Eyewitness News they are not giving up hope that they will find Nadia Bloom okay. The search for her has been going on since Friday afternoon when Nadia disappeared from the Barrington Estates neighborhood. (see map)

As the third full day of searching got underway, would-be rescuers are working with a new theory of what happened to Nadia. Police believe it is possible that girl may actually be trying to survive in the woods by herself.

There were initial reports that Nadia had a book with her that may have been some sort of a survival guide, and that she may have been using that information to try to survive in nature. However, investigators have since learned that it was not a survival book, but instead a storybook entitled &quot;Meet Lanie,&quot; about a young girl named Lanie Holland who &quot;dreams of becoming an expert scientist and explore deep jungles&quot; (more about Lanie character); the book comes with a doll of the character.

During a press briefing Monday morning, Winter Springs Police Chief Kevin Brunelle indicated that the search efforts were far from over.

“I have a lot of experts out there who are helping me get through this. Those experts are telling me that we are still in the live search phase because, feasibly, someone could still be alive out there,” Brunelle said Monday morning.

Nadia's bike was found last Friday near a wooded area that has become the focus of attention and has become the interest of bloodhounds that are being used to help in the search.

Investigators said there is nothing strange about the way her bicycle was found. It was parked at the end of a cul-de-sac, near a home, with its kickstand down and the helmet placed on the handlebar.

Nadia's sister told investigators that she has an interest in survival skills and had two cameras and the Lanie Holland book in the backpack police believe is with her. But, if she is trying to survive, it would prove to be a difficult task because of the proximity to Lake Jessup, a huge lake filled with alligators.

&quot;It's a bad, bad environment there, and it's going to be tough for anybody who's out there, especially an 11-year-old,&quot; Chief Butler said.

Before the sun went down Sunday night, searchers tried to provide help if she is lost or just exploring. They left water bottles for her with notes telling the autistic girl to go home.

During the overnight hours. between Sunday night and into Monday morning, police used helicopters equipped with heat detection technology to try to locate the girl. but they did not find anything. Searchers also said that, while canines have indicated that the girl was in the area, they have not been able to track her scent.

Nadia was last seen wearing an orange shirt, blue shorts, and possibly carrying a black horse backpack. Anyone with information on the location of Nadia Bloom is asked to contact the Florida Department of Law Enforcement tip line at 1-866-282-0672.

CLASSMATES RETURN TO SCHOOL

Nadia attends Lawton Elementary in Oviedo and Monday her friends will return to class. Counselors are scheduled to be at the school to help students and Nadia's classmates deal with their emotions.

It is the first day back for students at Lawton and all over Seminole County, because they were on spring break last week. It is likely some of the students and faculty may not even know about Nadia's disappearance.

However, counselors will be there for those who do know and need someone to talk to.

Parents and students from Lawton Elementary in Oviedo were among those who stopped by the First United Methodist Church in Oviedo to pray for Nadia Bloom. Linda Sarabasa's 11-year-old daughter goes to school with the fifth grader who disappeared last Friday.

&quot;We've tried to be involved. It's hard, because it's not much you can do to help them, except give them our prayers,&quot; Linda Sarabasa said.

School administrators have made arrangements for grief counselors to be on campus Monday morning. They will be available to talk to students. Some of them were at the school Sunday afternoon to make posters that will be used to help find her.

&quot;I'm really sad, because she's my friend. I've known her for a really long time. I really hope that we find her,&quot; Sophia Sarabasa said.

Sophia's parents are optimistic, too, but they have also prepared their daughter just in case her friend Nadia does never comes home safely.

&quot;This is a very close-knit town, it's going to be extremely hard on them,&quot; Linda Sarabasa said.

INDEPENDENT WEBSITE HELPS SEARCH

Nadia's family is saying, thanks, but no thanks to an organization that helped search for Caylee Anthony. The Kid Finders Network launched the Website http://www.nadiabloom.com/
    . The organization also spent Sunday handing out fliers with Nadia's picture on them.

Nadia's family said they appreciate the help, but they do not approve of the Website and would prefer that it be taken down.

At last check Monday morning, the website was still active.

http://www.wftv.com/news/23121215/detail.html

Am I the only one that finds it a little funny that they want them to take the website down? Wouldn't more publicity be better?

deliberate_misuse

According to NBC, she was found alive!&nbsp;

Re: 11 Year old Nadia Bloom Found After Four Days

11-Year-Old Autistic Girl Missing Since Friday

POSTED: 8:59 am EDT April 13, 2010
    UPDATED: 10:14 am EDT April 13, 2010
    [EMAIL: Church: Nadia Bloom Found Alive] Email [PRINT: Church: Nadia Bloom Found Alive] Print
    [COMMENTS: Church: Nadia Bloom Found Alive] Comments
    (24)
    Bookmark and Share
    WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. --
    Nadia Bloom has been found alive after five days of extensive searching.

The Metro Faith Church confirmed Tuesday morning that one of their members, James King, found the 11-year-old autistic girl. The church said Nadia is in good shape, just tired, hungry, dehydrated and covered in mosquito bites. Nadia's family spokesperson also confirmed that the girl has been found alive and well. The girl has been taken to Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital.

She was taken from a swampy area near Lake Jesup in Winter Springs. Winter Springs officials had not been soliciting help from volunteers in the search, but King was conducting his own search.

Church pastor Dan Holland said, &quot;Obviously, we are ecstatic. Unbelievable good news.&quot;

Holland said a search team of about 35 to 40 men worked through the night Monday. He said the searchers prayed, asking the Lord to lead them to Nadia, then walked straight into the swamp and found her. She was responsive.

&quot;..the hand of God,&quot; Holland said. &quot;However someone is found alive, I don't care. We are just ecstatic.&quot;&nbsp;

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

So, I guess she did wander off on her own to explore the woods. Wow.
    I'm glad she's ok.

Aww, yay!!! I'm glad she was found. Gah, I bet that poor baby was feeling like crap. Tired, hungry, awww. I'm so glad she'll be sleeping in her own bed tonight.

oh, wow. i definitely wasn't expecting such good news, but that's wonderful!! man, i can't imagine how scared i'd be.

I am so relieved that they are getting their baby back. A missing child is one of the most horrifying feelings a parent can go through. There are just no words to describe how that feels.

Awesomeness.&nbsp; :-)

I think I have been reading on this site too much.&nbsp; I'm really glad she was found alive, but I think it's so weird that the ONE guy who was leading his own search apart from the other searchers just walked in and found her. It's just weird. Not saying he did anything, I mean she's old enough to talk. This site has made me cynical lol.
    Lurker checking in.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=24952.msg1592757#msg1592757 date=1270987800]
    I wonder who killed her and what kind of sex offending history he has.
    [/quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

With all the crap you hear about kids disappearing and are dead I am over joyed at hearing they have found her and she is ok!!

Missing 11-year-old girl found in central Fla.
    Associated Press/AP Online&nbsp;

WINTER SPRINGS, Fla. - A missing 11-year-old central Florida girl with Asperger syndrome was found alive on Tuesday, four days after she disappeared into an alligator-infested swamp a half-mile from her suburban home.
    Nadia Bloom was taken to a hospital in nearby Longwood, Fla., where she will be evaluated and treated for dehydration and insect bites, said Winter Springs Police Chief Kevin Brunelle.

&quot;If I never believed in miracles, I sure do now,&quot; Brunelle said during an afternoon news conference.

Brunelle said Nadia told rescuers two things: &quot;I'm glad you guys found me&quot; and &quot;I can't believe you guys rescued me.&quot;

Her sister has said Bloom, who has an autism-related disorder called Asperger syndrome, may have gone into the dense woods hoping to make a nature video.

It took nearly two hours for rescuers to carry Nadia out of the thick brush and swamp. It wasn't police who located her. James King, who goes to church with Nadia's family, found her Tuesday morning in a dry patch in the middle of the swamp and called authorities.

King climbed a tree and unfurled toilet paper in an attempt to draw attention to where they were.

Brunelle said he dispatched a helicopter to look for King and Nadia, but it didn't work.

Using cell phone signals, authorities found King and Nadia.

&quot;Mr. King is a hero right now,&quot; said Brunelle. &quot;He led us to her.&quot;

Brunelle added that detectives are questioning both King and Nadia for more details on the rescue and how the little girl spent her time while she was missing.

Brunelle did say that Nadia told them that she had not talked to anyone since going into the woods on Friday.

Authorities began searching for Nadia in wooded areas near Lake Jesup, one of the most alligator-filled lakes in Central Florida. The fifth-grader was last seen riding her bike on Friday, and authorities became alarmed when they found her bike and helmet. She did have a backpack with her.

Shortly after word came that Nadia was alive, her father briefly spoke to the media.

&quot;It all came so fast and it just shows the compassion of the human spirit. It should give everybody encouragement,&quot; her father, Jeff Bloom, told reporters after rescue crews lifted her into an ambulance.

When asked how he felt, Bloom said: &quot;I can't even describe it. Let's give the glory to God.&quot;

So wonderful to have a good ending!!!&nbsp;

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=24952.msg1594995#msg1594995 date=1271187055]

[/quote]

You're black.

this is refreshing. especially when missing usually means dead
    Your whole life you can be told something is wrong and so you believe it...

Thread Information